Target Clearance Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Previous threads:

Target clearance is YMMV, ya dig! Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday, although not every Monday, but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Target often donates its older clearance titles to Goodwill stores, so keep that in mind when you're trying to find items. BigDirty: "Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, city and state. For example:
Debbie Does Skywalker, Xbox 360, $4.98
Mesa, AZ Power Road at Superstition Springs

Also, a great help when you're posting deals you've found is to check this post and see if your item's DPCI number is already listed. DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself. DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI numbers that are not already in the OP-- thanks! This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing-- often price tags will not be correct. Thanks to BigDirty for this:
1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Data ,Milk.com , or UPC Database and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to Mephitical for this tool for locating clearance titles, which is located here. Go to Amazon or Target to find the item's ASIN. When you find it, replace "B000O3IS48" in the URL with your item's ASIN. This will take you to a page asking you for your zip code. Type in your zip code and click enter-- this will display a list of local stores and whether or not they have your item in stock. YMMV on it working properly.

The lowest known price will be posted. The item could be higher or lower at your store. Numbers in gold are DPCI numbers, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

:wii: Wii

De Blob (added 06-15-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Madagascar Kartz with wheel (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Madden 2010 (added 09-05-10)
Mario Power Tennis (changed 07-20-10) (changed 08-05-20)
Tiger Woods 10 (added 09-05-10)

Saint (added 09-20-10)
[207-26-0362] Punch Out (added 06-15-10)

Red Steel 2 (added 09-20-10)

[207-26-0432] Metroid Prime Trilogy (changed 07-15-10)
[207-26-0052] Super Paper Mario (changed 07-15-10)

Fifa 10 (added 07-04-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (added 07-05-10)

:360: Xbox 360

Alone in the Dark (added 06-15-10)
Bioshock (added 06-15-20)
Brutal Legend (changed 07-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 06-15-10)
Dead Rising (added 06-25-10)
Left 4 Dead (updated 06-10-10)
Need for Speed Pro Street (changed 07-02-10)
Pro Evolution Soccer (added 09-20-10)
The Saboteur (added 06-30-20)
Saints Row (added 05-05-10)
Ski Doo (added 06-10-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-15-10)
Two Worlds (added 06-15-10)
You're in the Movies bundle (added 06-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

Cabela's 2010 (added 06-15-10)
Oblivion Game of the Year (added 06-15-10)

Are you Smarter than a 5th grader? (added 07-20-10)
Beatles Rock Band [game only] (added 04-12-10) (price updated: 05-12-10)
Call of Juraez (added 09-20-10)
Dead Rising (added 09-20-10)
IL-2 Sturmovik (changed 06-20-10)
Karaoke Revolution (added 08-01-10)
Orange Box (added 09-30-10)
Spongebob: Truth or Square (changed 07-02-10)
Tekken 6 (changed 07-20-10) (added 08-01-10)

Guitar Hero 5 (changed 07-02-10)

Alone in the Dark (added 06-20-10)
Assassin's Creed (added 06-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 09-20-10)
Call of Duty 3 (added 06-05-10)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (added 06-05-10)
Dark Void (added 08-01-10)
Fairytale Fights (added 08-10-10)
Halo Wars (added 06-20-10)
Gears of War (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (added 06-08-10)
Spiderman 3 (added 06-06-10)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (added 06-10-10)
Two Worlds (added 07-03-10)

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (added 06-15-10)

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (added 08-10-10)
Planet 51 (added 06-22-10)

[207-22-0458] Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (added 07-03-10)

:ps3: Playstation 3

2 pack of USB charging cables for PS3 (added 06-10-10)
Brutal Legend (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (added 07-20-10)
Red Faction: Guerilla (Updated: 06-10-10)

Dark Void (added 07-20-10)
Ghostbusters (added 09-20-10)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-30-10)
Lego Rockband (added 09-20-10)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (added 09-20-10)

Assassin's Creed (added 09-20-10)
Need for Speed Underground (added 09-20-10)
Star Wars Unleashed (added 09-20-10)

Infamous (added 09-20-10)

Beatles Rock Band (added 09-20-10)
Borderlands (added 09-20-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 09-20-10)
MLB: The Show 10 (added 08-01-10)
Prototype (added 09-20-10)
Resistance 2 (added 06-20-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-20-10)
Tekken 6 (added 09-20-10)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added 06-20-10)
UFC 2009 (added 09-20-10)

Resident Evil 5 Gold (added 09-20-10)
MLB 2010 (added 06-20-10)

Little Big Planet with Dual Shock 3 controller (added 06-20-10)

Green Day Rock Band (added 09-20-10)

Buzz Quiz World Bundle (added 09-20-10)

:ps2: Playstation 2

Brutal Legend (added 06-10-10)
MLB 10 (added 06-06-10)

:ds: Nintendo DS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness (added 07-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

100 classic books (added 08-01-10)

:psp: Sony PSP

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (added 09-20-10)
NBA Inside (added 06-10-10)

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (added 06-06-10)

:pc: PC

Borderlands (added 09-10-10)

Fallout Trilogy (added 06-20-10)

Braid (added 07-20-10)

Metro 2033 (added 09-20-10)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (added 06-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-20-10)

Other items

[SIZE=+1]Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew. Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.[/SIZE]

The Legend of EL HOARDO as told by Strell
No cankle too big and no score too small,
The one and only EL HOARDO.

He'll steal your stash - gonna take it all,
That's the one - EL HOARDO.

He's gonna run down all the aisles
and snatch up all the loot,
And he's feeling really confident
in his nipple protection suit!

Awesome sideburns and a dapper mask
He's at your local store,
Gonna clean out everything
And then go back for more!

Who's the guy in the Star Trek shades?
He's the man they call EL HOARDO.

His boots are secretly roller blades,
There he goes! EL HOARDO!

He's got a cape and it's totally sweet,
A flash in red and white,
Calls his fanny pack his utility belt,
He's ready for a discount fight!

You'd never think he could run so fast,
With a gut of giant size,
Asks all the ladies if they'd like a ride
On his Starship Enterprise!

What's that sound comin' down the lane?
It can only be EL HOARDO.

His stubby legs are gonna bring the pain,
Brace yourselves - EL HOARDO!

He packs a sword, it's a replica,
Like Zorro in disguise,
Gonna leave an H scratched on the wall,
Then he'll move those ten ton thighs!

Knows all the price drops all the time,
Has inhalers to survive,
Lives in a basement at his parents house,
At the age of thirty five!

That's the one who got your penny guide,
The stallion called EL HOARDO.

He's got his Rascal parked outside,
That Man-of-Men EL HOARDO.

EL HOOOOOOOARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ElHoardo1.jpg

"You just got...EL HOARDO'D!" __________________

There have been some confirmed reports of La Whoreda, the female counterpart to El Hoardo. She is obviously more rare in the Target environment since she usually focuses her energy to her Avon business, but caution should still be exercised.

*Please do not copy this list to Slickdeals or any other competing deal sites. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shiningslade']:drool: on the FF games...any left?[/QUOTE]

As of yesterday there were a couple copies of Dissidia left at that price.

Saw Call of Juarez bound in blood for xbox for $13 and AVP for PC for $13.

Also saw PC BioShock 2 limited edition for $20, the xbox version is still $99.99 though :(

Target in Harrisburg PA went plastic prison.

I found a copy of Fable 2 mixed with other random clearance crap for 4.98 and I picked up a Bissell Versues Vacuum cleaner 75% off for 14.98. Giving that to my gf's mom. She's a cat lady with hardwood floors.

[quote name='Chronis']Damn, I got competition![/QUOTE]

Oh, that's old news. I guess you forgot you've commented on a find I had at the Riverhead Target. Anyhow, I don't see it as competition so much as an extra pair of eyes to share local info with. :D

[quote name='Mikocouch']Wish I could find a Bioshock 2 ce PC around here.[/QUOTE]
You can have one of mine I have, though I still have to figure out how the fuck to ship these without it costing an arm and a leg.:cry:

Otherwise, both copies I picked up last week are going back soon.

I think they only put the PC CE for Bioshock 2 in certain states/areas. There were never any in NEOH as far as I know, but I have seen people reporting them all over in PA. Any of the PA people know if the Target in Cranberry or Monaca had one since I'll be marauding in that area tomorrow?

:br: The Hangover Unrated $14.99
:360: TETRIS Evolution $4.98

The Hangover is on sale, so that's not a clearance item, but I did figure that some people might be interested in that. I think it said the prices were good for another few days. Boondock Saints 1 & 2 were also that price.

The tetris game was strange. It was the last copy and I could see why, it looked like it had been repackaged and the manual was slid underneath the artwork insert, outside of the box. I wasn't going to buy it, but my girlfriend said she wanted to play it so I picked it up. I mentioned at the register that it looked like a repackage, but the cashier said it came that way to the store but if anything was wrong just bring it back. I get home and rip the plastic off and there is an artwork insert on the outside of the case (not in the plastic sleeve) and a manual underneath it. I pulled them away from the case to find a brand new copy of the game wrapped with y-folds and official seal. So there was an extra artwork insert and manual shrinkwrapped on the outside of a brand new copy of the game. How does that even happen?

On further inspection, one insert and manual pair is all English and the other insert/manual is English/Spanish. Still seems weird that it to be packed that way.

0616001349.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the last copy of Beatles Rock Band for 360 for $10 at Champlin, MN Target.

I'm amazed this game is so cheap so soon. It hasn't even been a year. I've noticed it's still $30 for PS3 and Wii.

Did they drop it because Green Day is out ?

You guys probably don't care, but patio furniture is starting to get clearanced out at my store to prepare for back to school stuff.

Went on my usual Target hunt for clearance games and I was shocked when I found a DJ Hero Renegade Edition sitting on the clearance shelf for $50. Totally stoked I found one. I also picked up some My Little Pony sets and Littlest Pet Shop figures for my girls.

Toys for Daddy and toys for my girls, "I guess it was a good day"- Ice Cube.

Found 2 copies of Guitar Hero 5 (PS2) at $19.98 (complete - with guitar). Considered picking one up to flip... but I'm not sure about the flipping prospects. Anyone have any idea what the trade-in value is?

Got Beatles Rock Band (Game Only) for $9.98 at the Target on McKnight Road in Pittsburgh, PA. Had a ton of them left. Also appeared they recently had:

Two Worlds $4.98
Alone in the Dark $4.98
Cabela's 2010 Dear $7.98
Oblivion GOTY $7.98

I will be looking for the above at other area targets.

[quote name='houdinilogic']Found 2 copies of Guitar Hero 5 (PS2) at $19.98 (complete - with guitar). Considered picking one up to flip... but I'm not sure about the flipping prospects. Anyone have any idea what the trade-in value is?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop (as well as most any retailer that accepts trade ins) do not take instruments anymore. I learned this the hard way when I picked up Beatles Rock Band for $30.

[quote name='houdinilogic']Found 2 copies of Guitar Hero 5 (PS2) at $19.98 (complete - with guitar). Considered picking one up to flip... but I'm not sure about the flipping prospects. Anyone have any idea what the trade-in value is?[/QUOTE]
Gamestop no longer takes the guitars at all, so only the game would be able to be traded. There's a whole Gamestop trade value thread for you to search to find the value of the game. But chances are it's much less than you paid and thus NOT flippable.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Gamestop (as well as most any retailer that accepts trade ins) do not take instruments anymore. I learned this the hard way when I picked up Beatles Rock Band for $30.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was kind of afraid of that. Oh well. Thanks for the info (both of you).

I returned both of the Bioshock 2 LE's that I picked up last week. I checked the price on the scanners, since they have the ones you can enter the DPCI into, and it was still coming up $19.98 a copy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I returned both of the Bioshock 2 LE's that I picked up last week. I checked the price on the scanners, since they have the ones you can enter the DPCI into, and it was still coming up $19.98 a copy.[/QUOTE]

o_O

You're crazy, you could have at least flipped them.

Hell, I know some of those BS fiends over at the official forums would have paid top dollar for the extras.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']o_O

You're crazy, you could have at least flipped them.

Hell, I know some of those BS fiends over at the official forums would have paid top dollar for the extras.[/QUOTE]
I had them on my TL here for at least as long as I had them and only maybe two bites.:cry:

But that's probably cuz I was adding about $15 for shipping, since I had no clue how I was going to be able to ship them other than Priority in my own box.:cry: I don't really trust anything other than first class or Priority anymore from the USPS, since alot of my stuff seems to get banged up en route otherwise.:roll:

The way it is, I now have about 90-ish PS3 cases(and probably twice that for 360/Wii cases) that I'm trying to unload for $1 each($1.50 w/ artwork and/or manuals), but I know once I say 'shipping is extra' people are gonna flip and change their mind.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I had them on my TL here for at least as long as I had them and only maybe two bites.:cry:

But that's probably cuz I was adding about $15 for shipping, since I had no clue how I was going to be able to ship them other than Priority in my own box.:cry: I don't really trust anything other than first class or Priority anymore from the USPS, since alot of my stuff seems to get banged up en route otherwise.:roll:

The way it is, I now have about 90-ish PS3 cases(and probably twice that for 360/Wii cases) that I'm trying to unload for $1 each($1.50 w/ artwork and/or manuals), but I know once I say 'shipping is extra' people are gonna flip and change their mind.:roll:[/QUOTE]

You know its just people being total cheap asses and wanting everything for nothing.
Your not wrong on charging shipping, look on Fleabay there are a bunch of people selling manuals,cases,etc. for set prices with extra shipping.
As for those big ol' CE Bioshock 2's did you try and Shove it in one ofr those Priority Flat Rate boxes for like $9.95 er something like that?

[quote name='Derrick1979']As for those big ol' CE Bioshock 2's did you try and Shove it in one ofr those Priority Flat Rate boxes for like $9.95 er something like that?[/QUOTE]
I doubt it will fit in any flat rate boxes. The largest box is like 12"x12" and that's the size of the vinyl itself, excluding the collector's box. Shipping won't be cheap on this CE.

[quote name='blrobbin']Got Beatles Rock Band (Game Only) for $9.98 at the Target on McKnight Road in Pittsburgh, PA. Had a ton of them left. [/QUOTE]

Still full retail price at two of the stores here in Madison, WI. Gone (after clearance) at two of the others.

[quote name='Derrick1979']You know its just people being total cheap asses and wanting everything for nothing.
Your not wrong on charging shipping, look on Fleabay there are a bunch of people selling manuals,cases,etc. for set prices with extra shipping.
As for those big ol' CE Bioshock 2's did you try and Shove it in one ofr those Priority Flat Rate boxes for like $9.95 er something like that?[/QUOTE]
That was the first thing I thought of as far as selling them went, but like eau said the biggest box they have isn't large enough to accomodate the embossed box the set comes in.

Maybe if those CE's are still there a week or two from now and drop to $7.48 I'll rebuy them, but as of now they can stay right there.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That was the first thing I thought of as far as selling them went, but like eau said the biggest box they have isn't large enough to accomodate the embossed box the set comes in.

Maybe if those CE's are still there a week or two from now and drop to $7.48 I'll rebuy them, but as of now they can stay right there.:razz:[/QUOTE]

What does that thing come with that the box is so damn big? I see them in the store and they remind me of the large game box displays from Gamestop.

[quote name='Derrick1979']What does that thing come with that the box is so damn big? I see them in the store and they remind me of the large game box displays from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

The CE comes with a vinyl record with an orchestral score from the original Bioshock, a CD version of the soundtrack from Bioshock 2, a hardcover artbook, three posters made to look like some of the ones around Rapture(but with hidden messages that show up under black light) and the game itself.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The CE comes with a vinyl record with an orchestral score from the original Bioshock, a CD version of the soundtrack from Bioshock 2, a hardcover artbook, three posters made to look like some of the ones around Rapture(but with hidden messages that show up under black light) and the game itself.[/QUOTE]

Wow the vinyl sounds sweet but i dont know where i could play it.

[quote name='TheHelix']Those GI Joe action figures finally hit 1.39 at my Target. Summer/seasonal toys will also be on clearance soon.[/QUOTE]

Does that include Legos?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The CE comes with a vinyl record with an orchestral score from the original Bioshock, a CD version of the soundtrack from Bioshock 2, a hardcover artbook, three posters made to look like some of the ones around Rapture(but with hidden messages that show up under black light) and the game itself.[/QUOTE]

Have no idea if it's allowed but will USPS accept it if you wrap it in brown wrapping paper?

The box itself is pretty sturdy so I would think it would hold up in shipping.

[quote name='rbarba4']Have no idea if it's allowed but will USPS accept it if you wrap it in brown wrapping paper?

The box itself is pretty sturdy so I would think it would hold up in shipping.[/QUOTE]

Except it'll get dented like crazy and the person receiving it will get all bent out of shape too.

IATTCG is right to return it. You can always divide up the parts and sell them individually but really not worth the hassle.

Holy shit! I didn't know this! I need to buy a blacklight now!

[quote name='Chronis']Holy shit! I didn't know this! I need to buy a blacklight now![/QUOTE]

oh yeah, it's pretty badass.

The people who poopoo this CE are a bunch of know nothing morons. It's a very well put together set and the only thing wrong with it is that it's not "rare" but other than that, it's awesome. The vinyl is a perfect match for the storyline and era and the posters are awesome.

Clearance wasteland as usual here in Southern California.

Glendora and Upland (Campus) locations have been plastic prison-ified.

Didn't see much of note except the Upland one had silver DualShock2's for 6 bucks ($6.24 I believe?).

[quote name='confoosious']oh yeah, it's pretty badass.

The people who poopoo this CE are a bunch of know nothing morons. It's a very well put together set and the only thing wrong with it is that it's not "rare" but other than that, it's awesome. The vinyl is a perfect match for the storyline and era and the posters are awesome.[/QUOTE]

It does sound like its one of the better CE's to come around lately, When IATCG listed the contents I was like :hot:

The BS2 CE contents are very nice. I think the posters feel pretty cheap though - like someone just printed them off an HP inkjet. Didn't know about the black light thing though, which makes them kind of cool. I was hoping for a material other than (what feels like) regular computer paper.

But the box is beautiful and the artbook is excellent.

Just visited Hilltop Target store in Virginia Beach. No games, not even PS2 games, at the clearance endcap closest to the games. I saw Spongebob for the 360 at 30% off, but that was it. Looks like the new prisons mean more time for games to sit on the shelves.

Did the clearance spots switch when they did the new layout?? I've checked my Targets the past 2 weeks in the back endcap of cd's/books and back endcap close to the seasonal area and haven't seen a single thing of clearance. Only seen a Brutal Legend for $13.xx mixed in with the 360 games at Greenwood, IN?? Just curious.

Well my local Targets have the new layout as well and sometimes it worth it to get someone with a handscanner because some of the titles are on clearance but the stores seem to be far behind on clearance items especially games since the new layout.. at least in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back