Target Clearance Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Previous threads:

Target clearance is YMMV, ya dig! Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday, although not every Monday, but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Target often donates its older clearance titles to Goodwill stores, so keep that in mind when you're trying to find items. BigDirty: "Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, city and state. For example:
Debbie Does Skywalker, Xbox 360, $4.98
Mesa, AZ Power Road at Superstition Springs

Also, a great help when you're posting deals you've found is to check this post and see if your item's DPCI number is already listed. DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself. DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI numbers that are not already in the OP-- thanks! This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing-- often price tags will not be correct. Thanks to BigDirty for this:
1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Data ,Milk.com , or UPC Database and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to Mephitical for this tool for locating clearance titles, which is located here. Go to Amazon or Target to find the item's ASIN. When you find it, replace "B000O3IS48" in the URL with your item's ASIN. This will take you to a page asking you for your zip code. Type in your zip code and click enter-- this will display a list of local stores and whether or not they have your item in stock. YMMV on it working properly.

The lowest known price will be posted. The item could be higher or lower at your store. Numbers in gold are DPCI numbers, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

:wii: Wii

De Blob (added 06-15-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Madagascar Kartz with wheel (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Madden 2010 (added 09-05-10)
Mario Power Tennis (changed 07-20-10) (changed 08-05-20)
Tiger Woods 10 (added 09-05-10)

Saint (added 09-20-10)
[207-26-0362] Punch Out (added 06-15-10)

Red Steel 2 (added 09-20-10)

[207-26-0432] Metroid Prime Trilogy (changed 07-15-10)
[207-26-0052] Super Paper Mario (changed 07-15-10)

Fifa 10 (added 07-04-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (added 07-05-10)

:360: Xbox 360

Alone in the Dark (added 06-15-10)
Bioshock (added 06-15-20)
Brutal Legend (changed 07-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 06-15-10)
Dead Rising (added 06-25-10)
Left 4 Dead (updated 06-10-10)
Need for Speed Pro Street (changed 07-02-10)
Pro Evolution Soccer (added 09-20-10)
The Saboteur (added 06-30-20)
Saints Row (added 05-05-10)
Ski Doo (added 06-10-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-15-10)
Two Worlds (added 06-15-10)
You're in the Movies bundle (added 06-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

Cabela's 2010 (added 06-15-10)
Oblivion Game of the Year (added 06-15-10)

Are you Smarter than a 5th grader? (added 07-20-10)
Beatles Rock Band [game only] (added 04-12-10) (price updated: 05-12-10)
Call of Juraez (added 09-20-10)
Dead Rising (added 09-20-10)
IL-2 Sturmovik (changed 06-20-10)
Karaoke Revolution (added 08-01-10)
Orange Box (added 09-30-10)
Spongebob: Truth or Square (changed 07-02-10)
Tekken 6 (changed 07-20-10) (added 08-01-10)

Guitar Hero 5 (changed 07-02-10)

Alone in the Dark (added 06-20-10)
Assassin's Creed (added 06-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 09-20-10)
Call of Duty 3 (added 06-05-10)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (added 06-05-10)
Dark Void (added 08-01-10)
Fairytale Fights (added 08-10-10)
Halo Wars (added 06-20-10)
Gears of War (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (added 06-08-10)
Spiderman 3 (added 06-06-10)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (added 06-10-10)
Two Worlds (added 07-03-10)

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (added 06-15-10)

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (added 08-10-10)
Planet 51 (added 06-22-10)

[207-22-0458] Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (added 07-03-10)

:ps3: Playstation 3

2 pack of USB charging cables for PS3 (added 06-10-10)
Brutal Legend (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (added 07-20-10)
Red Faction: Guerilla (Updated: 06-10-10)

Dark Void (added 07-20-10)
Ghostbusters (added 09-20-10)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-30-10)
Lego Rockband (added 09-20-10)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (added 09-20-10)

Assassin's Creed (added 09-20-10)
Need for Speed Underground (added 09-20-10)
Star Wars Unleashed (added 09-20-10)

Infamous (added 09-20-10)

Beatles Rock Band (added 09-20-10)
Borderlands (added 09-20-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 09-20-10)
MLB: The Show 10 (added 08-01-10)
Prototype (added 09-20-10)
Resistance 2 (added 06-20-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-20-10)
Tekken 6 (added 09-20-10)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added 06-20-10)
UFC 2009 (added 09-20-10)

Resident Evil 5 Gold (added 09-20-10)
MLB 2010 (added 06-20-10)

Little Big Planet with Dual Shock 3 controller (added 06-20-10)

Green Day Rock Band (added 09-20-10)

Buzz Quiz World Bundle (added 09-20-10)

:ps2: Playstation 2

Brutal Legend (added 06-10-10)
MLB 10 (added 06-06-10)

:ds: Nintendo DS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness (added 07-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

100 classic books (added 08-01-10)

:psp: Sony PSP

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (added 09-20-10)
NBA Inside (added 06-10-10)

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (added 06-06-10)

:pc: PC

Borderlands (added 09-10-10)

Fallout Trilogy (added 06-20-10)

Braid (added 07-20-10)

Metro 2033 (added 09-20-10)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (added 06-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-20-10)

Other items

[SIZE=+1]Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew. Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.[/SIZE]

The Legend of EL HOARDO as told by Strell
No cankle too big and no score too small,
The one and only EL HOARDO.

He'll steal your stash - gonna take it all,
That's the one - EL HOARDO.

He's gonna run down all the aisles
and snatch up all the loot,
And he's feeling really confident
in his nipple protection suit!

Awesome sideburns and a dapper mask
He's at your local store,
Gonna clean out everything
And then go back for more!

Who's the guy in the Star Trek shades?
He's the man they call EL HOARDO.

His boots are secretly roller blades,
There he goes! EL HOARDO!

He's got a cape and it's totally sweet,
A flash in red and white,
Calls his fanny pack his utility belt,
He's ready for a discount fight!

You'd never think he could run so fast,
With a gut of giant size,
Asks all the ladies if they'd like a ride
On his Starship Enterprise!

What's that sound comin' down the lane?
It can only be EL HOARDO.

His stubby legs are gonna bring the pain,
Brace yourselves - EL HOARDO!

He packs a sword, it's a replica,
Like Zorro in disguise,
Gonna leave an H scratched on the wall,
Then he'll move those ten ton thighs!

Knows all the price drops all the time,
Has inhalers to survive,
Lives in a basement at his parents house,
At the age of thirty five!

That's the one who got your penny guide,
The stallion called EL HOARDO.

He's got his Rascal parked outside,
That Man-of-Men EL HOARDO.

EL HOOOOOOOARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ElHoardo1.jpg

"You just got...EL HOARDO'D!" __________________

There have been some confirmed reports of La Whoreda, the female counterpart to El Hoardo. She is obviously more rare in the Target environment since she usually focuses her energy to her Avon business, but caution should still be exercised.

*Please do not copy this list to Slickdeals or any other competing deal sites. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the last store around me went to the new "plastic prison" system. I actually think I like it more than the tall glass cases. Easier to flag down a red shirt if you need a game since you can see over the cases. I think these cases hold a lot more games as well so that is probably one of the reasons for the lackluster clearance selection lately. Oh well, I'm not too worried about it, the clearance will pick up soon enough.

The biggest problem I've seen with the plastic prisons is that there's only so much room; older stock is merely hidden behind newer games in the prison, and if you can't get a clear side-view you'll never know it.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']especially when I've got to walk an entire aisle's length to look over the titles they have compared to the half an aisle I was walking[/QUOTE]

i feel sorry for you.

[quote name='Deezul']Target "fails" for making a smart business decision.[/QUOTE]

lately i dont even shop at target anymore, the only thing that kept me going into target was the clearanced games, and since i was already at target picked up regular house hold items

I find it amusing there is so much hate for the new plastic prison design, simply because clearanc has dried up. Yeah, we're clearance gamers, but the key word is gamers. We probably should know that publishers aren't pushing out 15 games a week right now. It doesn't make sense to clearance out anything when they just got a new display system to hold more stock when they aren't even getting in new stuff to push out the old. Yeah, it sucks there's not a shit ton of games for under $15 right now, but wait until the fall when EA and Activision releases 70% of their yearly lineup.

I found Fallout Trilogy on clearance for $10.48 (only $4.50 off) at the Vineyard Plaza store off of Blanco Rd in San Antonio, TX. First decent deal I've seen in months.

[quote name='Chronis']I find it amusing there is so much hate for the new plastic prison design, simply because clearanc has dried up. Yeah, we're clearance gamers, but the key word is gamers. We probably should know that publishers aren't pushing out 15 games a week right now. It doesn't make sense to clearance out anything when they just got a new display system to hold more stock when they aren't even getting in new stuff to push out the old. Yeah, it sucks there's not a shit ton of games for under $15 right now, but wait until the fall when EA and Activision releases 70% of their yearly lineup.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Hopefully they'll clearance before Black Friday, after that soccer moms will buy games under $30 just to fill up the stockings.

Saw at least 12 copies of :ps3: Brutal Legend. Still too much for me. I really didn't enjoy the demo at all. Maybe if it makes it to $5, I'll give it a try.

Also saw the GI Joe action figures clearanced down to $0.88 each. I bought the last 5 they had and will be returning them with the receipt when I bought six for $2.48 each. Too bad they didn't have one more. Now I definitely don't feel bad about picking them up for my desk :D. ~$7 for all of them is not bad at all.

[quote name='HydroX']Wow, there must be an influx of Red Faction games coming out of backrooms everywhere, 'cause a lot of people are reporting a 4.98/9.98 pick-up.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Have been thinking about picking that up. Maybe I'll pay a visit to my local Targets tomorrow night.

While most stores have been converted to the new setup, I notice some stores get the demo stations at the endcaps but others get none.

[quote name='atc250es']Saw LBP GOTY with the dualshock 3 controller for $29.98 and Prototype PS3 $20.98[/QUOTE

Damn, where was this at??:bouncy:

[quote name='atc250es']Saw LBP GOTY with the dualshock 3 controller for $29.98 and Prototype PS3 $20.98[/QUOTE]
Damn. Didn't the bundle just come out?! And it went straight to 50% off already?!

I would get it if I saw it. $30 for the DS3 alone is already a deal.

damn you are crazy for not picking it up . i am debating on buying the GOW collection with the RED DS3 for full price. i never played GOW so for a full price of a Ds3 i got GOW with it.. very tempting

[quote name='eau']Damn. Didn't the bundle just come out?! And it went straight to 50% off already?!

I would get it if I saw it. $30 for the DS3 alone is already a deal.[/QUOTE]

take it for $30.... came back, run as much as you can .....

[quote name='atc250es']I would tell you but there was only 1 left and I'm going to try and get it for 75% off.[/QUOTE]

There is no way in hell that goes to 75% off.

[quote name='autopiloton']

I bought the last 5 they had and will be returning them with the receipt when I bought six for $2.48 each. Too bad they didn't have one more. Now I definitely don't feel bad about picking them up for my desk :D. [/QUOTE]

Why do you feel the need to post this information? I've probably already asked you this, but am I supposed to be in awe of your ability to scam Target?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Why do you feel the need to post this information? I've probably already asked you this, but am I supposed to be in awe of your ability to scam Target?[/QUOTE]
He wasn't scamming per se. I don't think the practice of scoring clearance items at a lower price and returning them with a receipt bought at a high price is frown upon here.

Hoarding, or stashing, especially in the lady undies section, is a different story.

[quote name='rbarba4']Had a pleasant surprise for clearance today, at least when compared to how bleak it's been lately.

Fallout Trilogy (PC) hit clearance at $7.48
picked it up as I felt it was more than worth it

[/QUOTE]

Beware as the game is a bitch to run properly on vista :(

Since my Target switched to the plastic prison we've had zilch for clearance games. Heck, GH: Van Halen is still full price at my Target!

I also dislike the plastic prisons. They take up so much space. Why can't they just switch to what Best Buy uses? I hate hunting down employee's to get games.

[quote name='Araxen']Since my Target switched to the plastic prison we've had zilch for clearance games. Heck, GH: Van Halen is still full price at my Target!

I also dislike the plastic prisons. They take up so much space. Why can't they just switch to what Best Buy uses? I hate hunting down employee's to get games.[/QUOTE]
I don't mind the setup but don't like the plastic prisons damaging game case as the screws holding the bungee cord press into the game case too much.

75% off for games is pretty much the last drop before they are 'savaged'. On some rare occasions certain games drop to 85% off at some stores. Don't count on those though.

I also doubt the LBP bundle makes it to 75% off. I'd buy it now if I were you, atc250es.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Why do you feel the need to post this information? I've probably already asked you this, but am I supposed to be in awe of your ability to scam Target?[/QUOTE]

Since when is using their return policy a scam? Oh I get it, you think it's not right because I got Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, etc. when the figures were at $2.48 but I am returning the leftover Baronesses with that receipt?

Target marks all the figures as the exact same item, in their eyes all the figures are the same product. I'm returning GI Joes with a receipt that says... wait for it... GI Joes.

Relax already. It's not like you needed to thrust yourself into the role of morality police after being here for a few months. Furthermore, if you're going to troll around here you could at least target people that are actually doing something wrong, i.e. buying cheap from Target and returning at full MSRP at Walmart and other such things. :roll:

[quote name='autopiloton']

Since when is using their return policy a scam? Oh I get it, you think it's not right because I got Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, etc. when the figures were at $2.48 but I am returning the leftover Baronesses with that receipt?

[/QUOTE]

That's a little shady.

I saw call of Juarez bound in blood at my target. they had like 50 for 13.98. The question i have is it worth 14 and is it a good game to play?

[quote name='L0sther0']I saw call of Juarez bound in blood at my target. they had like 50 for 13.98. The question i have is it worth 14 and is it a good game to play?[/QUOTE]

If they have 50, it should survive at least another drop.

I'm thinking of picking it up at $5.

Does anyone know if it has Online co-op?

I don't know why I'm bothering to reply, because it obviously won't matter. I assume your goal is to return the cheap ones and rebuy them, no? By returning 0.88 items with a receipt listing them at 2.48, you are actually taking 1.60 from Target for each one. You really think that's OK, and within the scope of their return policy? Guess I'm off to troll some more.

@confoosious

It definitely has online game play, but not in the story mode. The problem is since the game has been around a while, you might have to wait a while for a few players to join in.

@L0sther0

I bought for $10 from GameFly. It was $10 good. I wouldn't have paid much more than that though.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I don't know why I'm bothering to reply, because it obviously won't matter. I assume your goal is to return the cheap ones and rebuy them, no? By returning 0.88 items with a receipt listing them at 2.48, you are actually taking 1.60 from Target for each one. You really think that's OK, and within the scope of their return policy? Guess I'm off to troll some more.[/QUOTE]

I'm using a receipt that says "GI JOE 6 - @ $2.46 each" to return 5 "GI JOE" figures I bought today. How you've managed to distort that into me "taking" something from Target is beyond me.

It's the same as if you bought Red Faction at $13 last week, opened it, saw it this week at $5, bought the $5 copy and returned it with the $13 receipt. But let me guess, you think that is "taking" $8 from Target :roll:.

[quote name='autopiloton']I'm using a receipt that says "GI JOE 6 - @ $2.46 each" to return 5 "GI JOE" figures I bought today. How you've managed to distort that into me "taking" something from Target is beyond me.

It's the same as if you bought Red Faction at $13 last week, opened it, saw it this week at $5, bought the $5 copy and returned it with the $13 receipt. But let me guess, you think that is "taking" $8 from Target :roll:.[/QUOTE]

Actually, he's right. You are scamming...and bragging about it.

Just because Target uses the same code for all the figures doesn't make them equal. You took the more popular figures before they sold out. Now you are essentially swapping them for garbage figures that don't sell (Baronesses). The market determined their value, and you are using a loophole to scam those values.

Nothing wrong with your Red Faction example, if the game is still in stock. But this is like you bought Red Faction for $13, then bought some $1.99 "find the hidden pic" casual game and returned it using your $13 Red Faction receipt because the receipt code was the same so "they must be equal and interchangable". :applause:

[quote name='Zippon']Actually, he's right. You are scamming...and bragging about it.

Just because Target uses the same code for all the figures doesn't make them equal. You took the more popular figures before they sold out. Now you are essentially swapping them for garbage figures that don't sell (Baronesses). The market determined their value, and you are using a loophole to scam those values.

Nothing wrong with your Red Faction example, if the game is still in stock. But this is like you bought Red Faction for $13, then bought some $1.99 "find the hidden pic" casual game and returned it using your $13 Red Faction receipt because the receipt code was the same so "they must be equal and interchangable". :applause:[/QUOTE]

Well said. :applause: This is one of the many reasons why Target clearance items have been lacking and why they changed the Software section in to a plastic prison. For future reference, always keep your indiscretions to yourself.

Actually Target is switching to the plastic prison setup is because of shrinkage, according to some employees I spoke to. Before the new setup, the management told them to secure games not in placed in the glass case with the electronic spider wrap thingy, to the point that the device would warp or damage the merchandise.

They said they lost a lot of games through theft. How their games get stolen from the glass cases under all the security cameras in the ceiling is beyond me.

[quote name='L0sther0']I saw call of Juarez bound in blood at my target. they had like 50 for 13.98. The question i have is it worth 14 and is it a good game to play?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine had a ton too at the same price. I wasn't very interested at ~14 (as I already have Red Dead anyways), but I'll definatly grab it up if it lasts till 7 or 5, (w.e next drop is), looks worth it for that price.

[quote name='eau']Actually Target is switching to the plastic prison setup is because of shrinkage, according to some employees I spoke to. Before the new setup, the management told them to secure games not in placed in the glass case with the electronic spider wrap thingy, to the point that the device would warp or damage the merchandise.

They said they lost a lot of games through theft. How their games get stolen from the glass cases under all the security cameras in the ceiling is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

(not sure about with the glass cases), but I once dated a girl whose dad was the biggest thief around, every time he'd go into target or walmart he'd bring something sharp, slit the plastic open and pull out the discs, he did this with blurays, dvds, games.

so I understand why their security might need to be tough.

It is really annoying though how they still stare and walk around you like a pack of angry wolves every time you go near the games.

[quote name='eau']They said they lost a lot of games through theft. How their games get stolen from the glass cases under all the security cameras in the ceiling is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

The new layouts got rid of the "open air" aisle of value games, at least at my stores. Everything but clearance is locked.

[quote name='Zippon']Actually, he's right. You are scamming...and bragging about it.

Nothing wrong with your Red Faction example, if the game is still in stock. But this is like you bought Red Faction for $13, then bought some $1.99 "find the hidden pic" casual game and returned it using your $13 Red Faction receipt because the receipt code was the same so "they must be equal and interchangable". :applause:[/QUOTE]

It's not a loophole or a mistake on Target's part. You can go find the figures at your store and look at the UPC for yourself. Hasbro put the same UPC on all of the figures. For all intensive purposes, they are the same product.

Your analogy is flawed because you're assuming there is some kind of mistake that makes the one game have to be the same product code as the other. That's not the case here, the manufacturer marked all the figures as the same product.

A better example would be the store having green, blue, and brown Skull Candy ear buds. You buy the blue ones at 25% off and only the brown ones make it to 75% off. So you buy brown ones and return them with your receipt from the blue ones. The store gets back the merchandise listed on the receipt and you get refunded. There is no foul here.

On a site where people get pennied guides that are supposed to be destroyed by the store so they can get a refund and also where people exploit coupons to get games for free from Best Buy, I really don't see how this has everyone's panties twisted in knots. Furthermore, suggesting that this "GI Joe indiscretion" (LOL) is part of what causes the lackluster clearance item selection is ridiculous. A few pages back people were posting that the new layout keeps the games locked up and that leads to mediocre clearance selection. Uh, the games were always locked up before. When were they ever just out in the open?

It's like a damn witch hunt in here because people aren't finding stuff as easy as last year.

ANYWAY. To get back on topic, what is the Rock Band book thing I saw hanging in the music isle on clearance? I noticed it walking out but didn't stop to look and see what exactly was it?

It's just a gray area depending on how you look at it. One school thought you're not returning the exact same thing (different figures) so you're scamming. The other thought they are the same product since that's how the store counts their inventory by DPCI.

Let's get back to the clearance finds which is what this thread is about ;)

[quote name='autopiloton'] Uh, the games were always locked up before. When were they ever just out in the open? [/QUOTE]

May be Target did this differently by store but my stores always had a huge aisle of games out in the open in addition to those in glass cases.

Now of course, they're all in the new case design.

For 15 bucks i would say it was worth it. Has some components of red dead, like the dead eye. And the duels in my opinion seem more authentic the red dead.

[quote name='romeogbs19']May be Target did this differently by store but my stores always had a huge aisle of games out in the open in addition to those in glass cases.

Now of course, they're all in the new case design.[/QUOTE]

mine had open aisles for games 19.99 and below + clearance.

[quote name='autopiloton']It's not a loophole or a mistake on Target's part. You can go find the figures at your store and look at the UPC for yourself. Hasbro put the same UPC on all of the figures. For all intensive purposes, they are the same product.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Hasbro has different UPCs on each figure. Target is the one who dumps all of those UPCs into the same DCPI.

[quote name='manthing']Actually, Hasbro has different UPCs on each figure. Target is the one who dumps all of those UPCs into the same DCPI.[/QUOTE]

yeah man, he's just trying to justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back