Target Clearance Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Previous threads:

Target clearance is YMMV, ya dig! Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday, although not every Monday, but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Target often donates its older clearance titles to Goodwill stores, so keep that in mind when you're trying to find items. BigDirty: "Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, city and state. For example:
Debbie Does Skywalker, Xbox 360, $4.98
Mesa, AZ Power Road at Superstition Springs

Also, a great help when you're posting deals you've found is to check this post and see if your item's DPCI number is already listed. DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself. DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI numbers that are not already in the OP-- thanks! This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing-- often price tags will not be correct. Thanks to BigDirty for this:
1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Data ,Milk.com , or UPC Database and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to Mephitical for this tool for locating clearance titles, which is located here. Go to Amazon or Target to find the item's ASIN. When you find it, replace "B000O3IS48" in the URL with your item's ASIN. This will take you to a page asking you for your zip code. Type in your zip code and click enter-- this will display a list of local stores and whether or not they have your item in stock. YMMV on it working properly.

The lowest known price will be posted. The item could be higher or lower at your store. Numbers in gold are DPCI numbers, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

:wii: Wii

De Blob (added 06-15-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Madagascar Kartz with wheel (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Madden 2010 (added 09-05-10)
Mario Power Tennis (changed 07-20-10) (changed 08-05-20)
Tiger Woods 10 (added 09-05-10)

Saint (added 09-20-10)
[207-26-0362] Punch Out (added 06-15-10)

Red Steel 2 (added 09-20-10)

[207-26-0432] Metroid Prime Trilogy (changed 07-15-10)
[207-26-0052] Super Paper Mario (changed 07-15-10)

Fifa 10 (added 07-04-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (added 07-05-10)

:360: Xbox 360

Alone in the Dark (added 06-15-10)
Bioshock (added 06-15-20)
Brutal Legend (changed 07-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 06-15-10)
Dead Rising (added 06-25-10)
Left 4 Dead (updated 06-10-10)
Need for Speed Pro Street (changed 07-02-10)
Pro Evolution Soccer (added 09-20-10)
The Saboteur (added 06-30-20)
Saints Row (added 05-05-10)
Ski Doo (added 06-10-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-15-10)
Two Worlds (added 06-15-10)
You're in the Movies bundle (added 06-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

Cabela's 2010 (added 06-15-10)
Oblivion Game of the Year (added 06-15-10)

Are you Smarter than a 5th grader? (added 07-20-10)
Beatles Rock Band [game only] (added 04-12-10) (price updated: 05-12-10)
Call of Juraez (added 09-20-10)
Dead Rising (added 09-20-10)
IL-2 Sturmovik (changed 06-20-10)
Karaoke Revolution (added 08-01-10)
Orange Box (added 09-30-10)
Spongebob: Truth or Square (changed 07-02-10)
Tekken 6 (changed 07-20-10) (added 08-01-10)

Guitar Hero 5 (changed 07-02-10)

Alone in the Dark (added 06-20-10)
Assassin's Creed (added 06-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 09-20-10)
Call of Duty 3 (added 06-05-10)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (added 06-05-10)
Dark Void (added 08-01-10)
Fairytale Fights (added 08-10-10)
Halo Wars (added 06-20-10)
Gears of War (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (added 06-08-10)
Spiderman 3 (added 06-06-10)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (added 06-10-10)
Two Worlds (added 07-03-10)

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (added 06-15-10)

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (added 08-10-10)
Planet 51 (added 06-22-10)

[207-22-0458] Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (added 07-03-10)

:ps3: Playstation 3

2 pack of USB charging cables for PS3 (added 06-10-10)
Brutal Legend (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (added 07-20-10)
Red Faction: Guerilla (Updated: 06-10-10)

Dark Void (added 07-20-10)
Ghostbusters (added 09-20-10)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-30-10)
Lego Rockband (added 09-20-10)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (added 09-20-10)

Assassin's Creed (added 09-20-10)
Need for Speed Underground (added 09-20-10)
Star Wars Unleashed (added 09-20-10)

Infamous (added 09-20-10)

Beatles Rock Band (added 09-20-10)
Borderlands (added 09-20-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 09-20-10)
MLB: The Show 10 (added 08-01-10)
Prototype (added 09-20-10)
Resistance 2 (added 06-20-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-20-10)
Tekken 6 (added 09-20-10)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added 06-20-10)
UFC 2009 (added 09-20-10)

Resident Evil 5 Gold (added 09-20-10)
MLB 2010 (added 06-20-10)

Little Big Planet with Dual Shock 3 controller (added 06-20-10)

Green Day Rock Band (added 09-20-10)

Buzz Quiz World Bundle (added 09-20-10)

:ps2: Playstation 2

Brutal Legend (added 06-10-10)
MLB 10 (added 06-06-10)

:ds: Nintendo DS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness (added 07-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

100 classic books (added 08-01-10)

:psp: Sony PSP

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (added 09-20-10)
NBA Inside (added 06-10-10)

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (added 06-06-10)

:pc: PC

Borderlands (added 09-10-10)

Fallout Trilogy (added 06-20-10)

Braid (added 07-20-10)

Metro 2033 (added 09-20-10)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (added 06-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-20-10)

Other items

[SIZE=+1]Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew. Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.[/SIZE]

The Legend of EL HOARDO as told by Strell
No cankle too big and no score too small,
The one and only EL HOARDO.

He'll steal your stash - gonna take it all,
That's the one - EL HOARDO.

He's gonna run down all the aisles
and snatch up all the loot,
And he's feeling really confident
in his nipple protection suit!

Awesome sideburns and a dapper mask
He's at your local store,
Gonna clean out everything
And then go back for more!

Who's the guy in the Star Trek shades?
He's the man they call EL HOARDO.

His boots are secretly roller blades,
There he goes! EL HOARDO!

He's got a cape and it's totally sweet,
A flash in red and white,
Calls his fanny pack his utility belt,
He's ready for a discount fight!

You'd never think he could run so fast,
With a gut of giant size,
Asks all the ladies if they'd like a ride
On his Starship Enterprise!

What's that sound comin' down the lane?
It can only be EL HOARDO.

His stubby legs are gonna bring the pain,
Brace yourselves - EL HOARDO!

He packs a sword, it's a replica,
Like Zorro in disguise,
Gonna leave an H scratched on the wall,
Then he'll move those ten ton thighs!

Knows all the price drops all the time,
Has inhalers to survive,
Lives in a basement at his parents house,
At the age of thirty five!

That's the one who got your penny guide,
The stallion called EL HOARDO.

He's got his Rascal parked outside,
That Man-of-Men EL HOARDO.

EL HOOOOOOOARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ElHoardo1.jpg

"You just got...EL HOARDO'D!" __________________

There have been some confirmed reports of La Whoreda, the female counterpart to El Hoardo. She is obviously more rare in the Target environment since she usually focuses her energy to her Avon business, but caution should still be exercised.

*Please do not copy this list to Slickdeals or any other competing deal sites. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot, was totally hoping to actually catch a deal at Target for once, because I'd totally remembered seeing Metroid Prime Trilogy there the other week, but no such luck. When I asked the employee to check the inventory out of curiosity, it did say there was still one in store, but it wasn't in the plastic prison or the clearance endcap, so I can only wonder if maybe some lame-o went and hid it somewhere.

However, I did see Guitar Hero 5 marked at $13. No clearance tag or anything, just a regular price tag under it saying "Guitar Hero 5 SAS / $12.xx" (can't remember the exact last digits). But when the employee went to free it from its prison, he checked the price and it rang up regular price, and he told me it was just a mistake. I'm not sure what Target's policy on mispriced items, but I wasn't really in the mood this morning to argue it.

Bridgewater NJ had about 6 Metroid Prime Trilogy left marked as Clearance in the plastic prison. Price was $35. I bought one at noon today.

[quote name='psunami']Back on topic... deBlob is the Blob game that is on clearance at the Target's that I've seen. For $10, I would totally grab that. It's a hell of a good game.[/QUOTE]

Was hoping for A Boy and His Blob, but would totally bite on deBlob for $10. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Cheapskate'] When I asked the employee to check the inventory out of curiosity, it did say there was still one in store, but it wasn't in the plastic prison or the clearance endcap, so I can only wonder if maybe some lame-o went and hid it somewhere.
[/QUOTE]

Check the womens panties.

CHECK THE WOMENS PANTIES.

[quote name='lawdood']You must not buy many age restricted items because most chain stores do it these days. They're checking the validity of your ID and birthdate, not taking your first born and tracking you through the Matrix.
[/QUOTE]

Actually they are tracking you through the matrix...You may not be educated on the issue, so I have provided a link to get you up to speed.

Retailers who scan your license use a service called The Retail Equation, which tracks how often you've returned items to stores that use the service, across all stores that use the service.

I would not have a problem with it, if they informed you they were going to scan your ID. There is no posting at the register. They also do not have to scan the ID, but they do not make you aware of that option either. Asking to see something and actually scanning it are two different things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Northpoint Target in Alpharetta, GA had the 35 buck Metroid Prime Trilogies on the clearance rack. 35 bucks each. There were three of them there when I left.

Been gone for a while, but where are the clearance endcaps normally at, they aren't in the same places as they were before the plastic prisons became normal? Been to 3 Targets & didn't see one.

Also is Gears of War 2 GOTY edition still on clearance? I seen them being restock (after being nowhere for months) in the plastic prison cases. Or is it back to $29.99?

[quote name='slowdive21']Asking to see something and actually scanning it are two different things.[/QUOTE]

Actually...it's not.

You're acting as if the magnetic strip is the only way your license individually identifies you. The ID number on the front does the same thing. What if the rep took your license then grabbed a pen and jotted down your license #? Are you gonna snatch it back and complain? That's essentially the argument you are posing here.

If you hand someone your license, you are giving them permission to access ALL the info on it. If you object to that, then refuse upfront and ask what info they need (ex. birth date).

[quote name='Zippon']Actually...it's not.

You're acting as if the magnetic strip is the only way your license individually identifies you. The ID number on the front does the same thing. What if the rep took your license then grabbed a pen and jotted down your license #? Are you gonna snatch it back and complain? That's essentially the argument you are posing here.

If you hand someone your license, you are giving them permission to access ALL the info on it. If you object to that, then refuse upfront and ask what info they need (ex. birth date).[/QUOTE]

That is exactly my point. If I hand it to them, they can enter my birthdate which has always been the standard. They do not need my license number or anything else.

They do not have permission to record my license number, my SSN (which until recently was on all illinois drivers licenses, now you can opt out), my home address, my blood type, my eye color, my hair color, my height, my weight, my organ donor status, etc.

BTW: We have bar codes, so they scan them.

If I ask to see your phone and I start reading your text messages, or recording your contact list, or jotting down your banking information, would you be upset?

[quote name='Birbo']Was that de Blob or A Boy & His Blob?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it was de Blob. Was up in Vista, found a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy there for $35. Picked it up.

Found two copies of MPT for 34.98. Also found 4 LBP/Dual shock at full price. What areas have found the dual shock/LBP on clearance, or was it just the one post 8 so pages back?

[quote name='slowdive21']
If I ask to see your phone and I start reading your text messages, or recording your contact list, or jotting down your banking information, would you be upset?[/QUOTE]

If I have any of that info actively displayed on my phone's screen when I hand it to you, then no, I have no right to be upset. :cool: Otherwise, the comparison is meaningless.

I understand the emotion behind your complaint, but I believe that right to the info on your license is implied when you hand it over. It's a form of ID after all. They are using the info on it to identify you.

[quote name='Zippon']If I have any of that info actively displayed on my phone's screen when I hand it to you, then no, I have no right to be upset. :cool: Otherwise, the comparison is meaningless.

I understand the emotion behind your complaint, but I believe that right to the info on your license is implied when you hand it over. It's a form of ID after all. They are using the info on it to identify you.[/QUOTE]

More importantly to think there is anything on your license that can't be effectively googled is just ignorant - and if you're not paying with cash then Targets already tracking your buying habits.

[quote name='Izod517']More importantly to think there is anything on your license that can't be effectively googled is just ignorant - and if you're not paying with cash then Targets already tracking your buying habits.[/QUOTE]

:applause:, every retailer is taking notes on purchases

corporate target says "aleraiders buys, toothpaste, legos, a magazine, and cookies, everytime he buys a clearanced video games" (or whatever we buy)

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I've seen Bayonetta @ 14.98 in California, so I'd say it's pretty luck of the draw.[/QUOTE]

Seen this anywhere in SoCal by any chance? I would kill for this at 15 bucks!

[quote name='Zippon']If I have any of that info actively displayed on my phone's screen when I hand it to you, then no, I have no right to be upset. :cool: Otherwise, the comparison is meaningless.
[/QUOTE]

The comparison...The person is looking to verify 1 specific piece of information (DOB), yet they record all the information available. If I ask to see your phone to write down your number and I do anything other than write down your number, then I am in the wrong.

If I said I am going to write down your number and record other items from your phone, you would not hand me the phone. And you would provide the number through other means.

If a retailer said I am going to "scan" your license or you could give me your birthdate and wait for an override, that would be fine.

"you" is not "You" specifically

[quote name='Izod517']More importantly to think there is anything on your license that can't be effectively googled is just ignorant - and if you're not paying with cash then Targets already tracking your buying habits.[/QUOTE]

You can google peoples social security numbers?

[quote name='aleraiders']:applause:, every retailer is taking notes on purchases
[/QUOTE]

And most of them use the same database.

[quote name='nbballard']Scary thing is- target probably would have a use for that information as they have a pretty successful forensics business going.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_Corporation#Target_Forensic_Services[/QUOTE]

Scary if it is real.

I would just like to note, someone else complained about this and I added my 2 cents. I am well aware that retailers track your purchases, but it does not make it right. The only reason they can gather the informations is because of an anti-fraud loophole in the Patriot act.

Back on topic: I saw Brutal Legend for 13.98 on PS3. I also noticed a wave of DS games on clearance in the plastic prison. God of War II was 4.98 as well.

I understand the emotion behind your complaint, but I believe that right to the info on your license is implied when you hand it over. It's a form of ID after all. They are using the info on it to identify you.[/QUOTE]

So, if you hand your credit card to the clerk, and they start to jot down your card number and other info on the front on a piece of paper in front of you, would you have no right to be upset? You did hand it over to them, and its clearly displayed on the front.

[quote name='Cheapskate']So, if you hand your credit card to the clerk, and they start to jot down your card number and other info on the front on a piece of paper in front of you, would you have no right to be upset? You did hand it over to them, and its clearly displayed on the front.[/QUOTE]

That's apples to oranges. Every time you hand your credit card to a clerk the computer jots it down on a piece of paper anyways - which is the original issue - the computer taking down the info. You'd probably be how shocked how easy it is to get batches and batches of CC numbers from POS systems. Plenty of 'modern' POS systems do nothing to disguise your CC # on anything other than your printed receipt - just to make people like you feel better. Again, unless you're paying in cash, most any retailer you use is already tracking your purchase history by CC#, and thus by name. If said company requested your address, etc - from your CC company they could get it for the most part. So again I fail to see the issue - that is unless you run around with a tinfoil hat on and pay only in cash for every single item you ever buy. Consumer anonymity has been dead for years, get over it.

I happened to be near my local Target last night and I found that they had copies of the Metroid Prime Trilogy. They were still marked at $50 (I wasn't aware that they were on clearance at some stores for $35) so I picked one up anyways because I didn't have it yet and even used copies are fetching $55+. They had two copies left over, should I keep mine sealed so I can get the clearance difference credited back, or would they not honor that? Regardless I'm gonna keep the game because its pretty hard to find nowadays.

[quote name='Izod517']You'd probably be how shocked how easy it is to get batches and batches of CC numbers from POS systems.[/QUOTE]

I *would* be shocked if Target did this. There are strict rules that specifically prohibit merchants from storing full CC information; any store caught doing this gets heavily, heavily, heavily penalized. They are only allowed to use the number at the time of the approval process to clear the transaction. TJX (TJ Maxx) did this, and got them into a lot of hot water: http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/articles.php?art_id=222 However, along your point, smaller retailers may be unknowingly doing this.

What luck!

I was in Target (Rego Park, NY) today buying some cat litter, and just strolled over to the games dept... and "WOW! Metroid Prime Trilogy for $35 on the clearance shelf!"

Wanted to come here and share the good news, but apparently CAGs are already aware of this.

If you guys are looking for Metroid Prime Trilogy check Toys R Us. I found a copy for $40 and it was 25% off clearance so it came out to $30.

[quote name='kk012']Is MPT really that rare?

I haven't found much clearance games at Target recently:([/QUOTE]

It seems to be. I wonder if Target had a bunch of them tucked away somewhere that they put out when they introduced the plastic prison. Neither of the Targets I checked ever had MPT before today or a couple days ago.

[quote name='mjc819']It seems to be. I wonder if Target had a bunch of them tucked away somewhere that they put out when they introduced the plastic prison. Neither of the Targets I checked ever had MPT before today or a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

Same here. They just all disappeared.

[quote name='dz00mb1e']Same here. They just all disappeared.[/QUOTE]
Maybe they had leftover stock and are putting it out as a promotional thing. Err--just kidding.

[quote name='hordak']I *would* be shocked if Target did this. There are strict rules that specifically prohibit merchants from storing full CC information; any store caught doing this gets heavily, heavily, heavily penalized. They are only allowed to use the number at the time of the approval process to clear the transaction. TJX (TJ Maxx) did this, and got them into a lot of hot water: http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/articles.php?art_id=222 However, along your point, smaller retailers may be unknowingly doing this.[/QUOTE]

Usually authorizations are done in batches at close of business. The initial authorization pull is not the actual charge done - usually nightly - prior to which time the data is stored and usually available to certain personel. The article you are referring to specifically says 'entire magnetic data' which usually contains more than the card number itself. The PCI DSS rules even make mention of storing (after a brief reading) that do not say it is against their rules to store - only that your security must be within their compliance, and you're liable. Smaller retailers as you say not only unknowingly do this but also don't fall under the same industry standards / regulations. In the UK all you need is a license and to meet their standards. Regardless we're way off-topic.

There is also the rare .01% of finding Metroid Prime Trilogy at Sears. I scored a new copy today for $4.97. Either way given prices going up for it and the rarity factor it is still worth picking up at the target prices

[quote name='Izod517']Usually authorizations are done in batches at close of business. The initial authorization pull is not the actual charge done - usually nightly - prior to which time the data is stored and usually available to certain personel. The article you are referring to specifically says 'entire magnetic data' which usually contains more than the card number itself. The PCI DSS rules even make mention of storing (after a brief reading) that do not say it is against their rules to store - only that your security must be within their compliance, and you're liable. Smaller retailers as you say not only unknowingly do this but also don't fall under the same industry standards / regulations. In the UK all you need is a license and to meet their standards. Regardless we're way off-topic.[/QUOTE]

Approval must be done at the swiping... or else there would be a lot more theft since approval wouldn't happen till later. :) What happens in the evening is the uploading and clearing of final transactions; for example, if you go to a restaurant and pay your bill with a CC, your card is swiped and approval is given for 1) the bill amount and 2) an extra percentage on top for a tip. In the evening, when everything is uploaded, your final bill is cleared with the extra amount you added for your tip. However, not every retailer/ business uploads their batches in the evening; it's just a lot cheaper since doing it in real time is more expensive. To clarify, I was under the assumption that merchants could not store CC numbers --- however, they are not allowed to store unencrypted CC numbers. More info here: http://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/pcifaqs.php And to your point, back to topic!

Onward to Target clearance! :D

[quote name='Cheapskate']So, if you hand your credit card to the clerk, and they start to jot down your card number and other info on the front on a piece of paper in front of you, would you have no right to be upset? You did hand it over to them, and its clearly displayed on the front.[/QUOTE]

That is why it's always just easiest to pay with cash.

The Metroid Prime Trilogies @ my local Target were gone tonight. Still seemed to be marked @ $50, I'm bummed though. I hope I didn't miss the chance at this game. Might have to try Toys R Us in the morning and see what's up there.

Eaten up by opportunity cost. I hope I didn't miss my chance to own this game at $50, I have driven to a ton of Sears (good luck there I know) and four different Targets in the area. I should have just bought the game at $50 instead of trying to save $15. Now I might miss out.

I was getting upset as the two Targets I hit this morning both were out of Metroid Prime Trilogy when they had them earlier in the week. What was strange was that the Target by my place and these two other nearby Targets all had the game marked at $50 still (even today.) Also, there were no 'blank spots' at the last two Targets, where the game was supposed to be. I began thinking that someone must have bought all the copies in town for $50 and were hoping to get the difference back if they went on clearance next week (is that even possible?)

At the third Target I went to I scanned my barcode and it came up at $35! Uhoh I thought, couldn't believe I didn't check this Target earlier. Sure enough there was nothing in the plastic prisons or the clearance isle, but I went to go scan again. It said there was stock in the stockroom! Found a redshirt who went in the back and plucked me out a MPT. I couldn't have been happier to actually get it for $35 after resigning myself to paying full price or more just to secure a copy.

I had avoided this game because I was upset that it came out so soon after Metroid Prime 3 and was full price. I already had the first two on GC for full price, being a big fan. I didn't mind paying extra for new controls but I always felt like there should have been an option for people who supported Metroid Prime 3 to get just the other two games for $30 or something. But I also appreciated the packaging and care that went into the MPT and wanted a copy eventually.

Thanks to CAG I got one. I gathered the info for the UPC codes in the Sears thread but I'm sure some of the same guys read this topic too so thanks for that idea. I would have never gotten the copy if I hadn't had the UPC sheet to scan. I'm not the type to bug people to look in the back for items.

I do wonder what's going on with the three close Targets though. Now I think they likely pulled their copies of MPT in preparation to put them on clearance. I may swing by monday morning and see if I can get another one for collection.

Found "You're in the Movies" marked down to $14, for the 360. If you need a PC camera, it might be worth it. But with Kinect coming, that's what you'll be using for video chat. Yes, I have used it, and it's worked pretty good. Use it on your PC if you want a cheap video camera.

Still can't find the clearance endcaps at any of my Target stores.

Where are they normally in the new layout design? By the games?

[quote name='WTFer']Still can't find the clearance endcaps at any of my Target stores.

Where are they normally in the new layout design? By the games?[/QUOTE]

usually after the plastic prison conversion the clearance endcaps have dissappeared, just wait it out and they should come back, this happened at 4 local targets

I saw some copies of Brutal Legend Xbox360 for $9.98 (4 copies) and PS3 $12.98 (2 copies) and Madagascar Kartz + Wheel Wii for $20.xx at the Target in Flower Mound, TX at 5959 Long Prairie road. They're in the clearance endcap 2 or 3 rows away from the new layout of video games.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']I was getting upset as the two Targets I hit this morning both were out of Metroid Prime Trilogy when they had them earlier in the week. What was strange was that the Target by my place and these two other nearby Targets all had the game marked at $50 still (even today.) Also, there were no 'blank spots' at the last two Targets, where the game was supposed to be. I began thinking that someone must have bought all the copies in town for $50 and were hoping to get the difference back if they went on clearance next week (is that even possible?)

At the third Target I went to I scanned my barcode and it came up at $35! Uhoh I thought, couldn't believe I didn't check this Target earlier. Sure enough there was nothing in the plastic prisons or the clearance isle, but I went to go scan again. It said there was stock in the stockroom! Found a redshirt who went in the back and plucked me out a MPT. I couldn't have been happier to actually get it for $35 after resigning myself to paying full price or more just to secure a copy.

[/QUOTE]

Lucky you find someone who can help you.... because they don't usually take out items from the backroom..... unless TVs...

About what you wrote it first.. if someone got all the games with the intention to send it back when they're on clearance... the system should keep 1 or 2 games to send it on clearance, if they don't find anything on the store.... they are going to show that this game is not on the system...

[quote name='confoosious']MPTs out the wazoo. I can't wait till they hit $24.98[/QUOTE]

$34.98 is a steal... if you find a lot of copies on your local Target, you should wait a little bit... but 1 or 3 copies, you should get it before it's too late.

Damn, I wish I read this thread earlier.

Hope I can find a MPT now LOL.

I'm gonna hit up the San Bernandino Target's tomorrow...hopefully I'll find something since things in that area usually sell slower :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back