Target Clearance Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Previous threads:

Target clearance is YMMV, ya dig! Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday, although not every Monday, but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Target often donates its older clearance titles to Goodwill stores, so keep that in mind when you're trying to find items. BigDirty: "Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, city and state. For example:
Debbie Does Skywalker, Xbox 360, $4.98
Mesa, AZ Power Road at Superstition Springs

Also, a great help when you're posting deals you've found is to check this post and see if your item's DPCI number is already listed. DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself. DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI numbers that are not already in the OP-- thanks! This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing-- often price tags will not be correct. Thanks to BigDirty for this:
1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Data ,Milk.com , or UPC Database and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to Mephitical for this tool for locating clearance titles, which is located here. Go to Amazon or Target to find the item's ASIN. When you find it, replace "B000O3IS48" in the URL with your item's ASIN. This will take you to a page asking you for your zip code. Type in your zip code and click enter-- this will display a list of local stores and whether or not they have your item in stock. YMMV on it working properly.

The lowest known price will be posted. The item could be higher or lower at your store. Numbers in gold are DPCI numbers, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

:wii: Wii

De Blob (added 06-15-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Madagascar Kartz with wheel (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Madden 2010 (added 09-05-10)
Mario Power Tennis (changed 07-20-10) (changed 08-05-20)
Tiger Woods 10 (added 09-05-10)

Saint (added 09-20-10)
[207-26-0362] Punch Out (added 06-15-10)

Red Steel 2 (added 09-20-10)

[207-26-0432] Metroid Prime Trilogy (changed 07-15-10)
[207-26-0052] Super Paper Mario (changed 07-15-10)

Fifa 10 (added 07-04-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (added 07-05-10)

:360: Xbox 360

Alone in the Dark (added 06-15-10)
Bioshock (added 06-15-20)
Brutal Legend (changed 07-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 06-15-10)
Dead Rising (added 06-25-10)
Left 4 Dead (updated 06-10-10)
Need for Speed Pro Street (changed 07-02-10)
Pro Evolution Soccer (added 09-20-10)
The Saboteur (added 06-30-20)
Saints Row (added 05-05-10)
Ski Doo (added 06-10-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-15-10)
Two Worlds (added 06-15-10)
You're in the Movies bundle (added 06-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

Cabela's 2010 (added 06-15-10)
Oblivion Game of the Year (added 06-15-10)

Are you Smarter than a 5th grader? (added 07-20-10)
Beatles Rock Band [game only] (added 04-12-10) (price updated: 05-12-10)
Call of Juraez (added 09-20-10)
Dead Rising (added 09-20-10)
IL-2 Sturmovik (changed 06-20-10)
Karaoke Revolution (added 08-01-10)
Orange Box (added 09-30-10)
Spongebob: Truth or Square (changed 07-02-10)
Tekken 6 (changed 07-20-10) (added 08-01-10)

Guitar Hero 5 (changed 07-02-10)

Alone in the Dark (added 06-20-10)
Assassin's Creed (added 06-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 09-20-10)
Call of Duty 3 (added 06-05-10)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (added 06-05-10)
Dark Void (added 08-01-10)
Fairytale Fights (added 08-10-10)
Halo Wars (added 06-20-10)
Gears of War (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (added 06-08-10)
Spiderman 3 (added 06-06-10)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (added 06-10-10)
Two Worlds (added 07-03-10)

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (added 06-15-10)

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (added 08-10-10)
Planet 51 (added 06-22-10)

[207-22-0458] Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (added 07-03-10)

:ps3: Playstation 3

2 pack of USB charging cables for PS3 (added 06-10-10)
Brutal Legend (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (added 07-20-10)
Red Faction: Guerilla (Updated: 06-10-10)

Dark Void (added 07-20-10)
Ghostbusters (added 09-20-10)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-30-10)
Lego Rockband (added 09-20-10)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (added 09-20-10)

Assassin's Creed (added 09-20-10)
Need for Speed Underground (added 09-20-10)
Star Wars Unleashed (added 09-20-10)

Infamous (added 09-20-10)

Beatles Rock Band (added 09-20-10)
Borderlands (added 09-20-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 09-20-10)
MLB: The Show 10 (added 08-01-10)
Prototype (added 09-20-10)
Resistance 2 (added 06-20-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-20-10)
Tekken 6 (added 09-20-10)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added 06-20-10)
UFC 2009 (added 09-20-10)

Resident Evil 5 Gold (added 09-20-10)
MLB 2010 (added 06-20-10)

Little Big Planet with Dual Shock 3 controller (added 06-20-10)

Green Day Rock Band (added 09-20-10)

Buzz Quiz World Bundle (added 09-20-10)

:ps2: Playstation 2

Brutal Legend (added 06-10-10)
MLB 10 (added 06-06-10)

:ds: Nintendo DS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness (added 07-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

100 classic books (added 08-01-10)

:psp: Sony PSP

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (added 09-20-10)
NBA Inside (added 06-10-10)

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (added 06-06-10)

:pc: PC

Borderlands (added 09-10-10)

Fallout Trilogy (added 06-20-10)

Braid (added 07-20-10)

Metro 2033 (added 09-20-10)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (added 06-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-20-10)

Other items

[SIZE=+1]Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew. Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.[/SIZE]

The Legend of EL HOARDO as told by Strell
No cankle too big and no score too small,
The one and only EL HOARDO.

He'll steal your stash - gonna take it all,
That's the one - EL HOARDO.

He's gonna run down all the aisles
and snatch up all the loot,
And he's feeling really confident
in his nipple protection suit!

Awesome sideburns and a dapper mask
He's at your local store,
Gonna clean out everything
And then go back for more!

Who's the guy in the Star Trek shades?
He's the man they call EL HOARDO.

His boots are secretly roller blades,
There he goes! EL HOARDO!

He's got a cape and it's totally sweet,
A flash in red and white,
Calls his fanny pack his utility belt,
He's ready for a discount fight!

You'd never think he could run so fast,
With a gut of giant size,
Asks all the ladies if they'd like a ride
On his Starship Enterprise!

What's that sound comin' down the lane?
It can only be EL HOARDO.

His stubby legs are gonna bring the pain,
Brace yourselves - EL HOARDO!

He packs a sword, it's a replica,
Like Zorro in disguise,
Gonna leave an H scratched on the wall,
Then he'll move those ten ton thighs!

Knows all the price drops all the time,
Has inhalers to survive,
Lives in a basement at his parents house,
At the age of thirty five!

That's the one who got your penny guide,
The stallion called EL HOARDO.

He's got his Rascal parked outside,
That Man-of-Men EL HOARDO.

EL HOOOOOOOARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ElHoardo1.jpg

"You just got...EL HOARDO'D!" __________________

There have been some confirmed reports of La Whoreda, the female counterpart to El Hoardo. She is obviously more rare in the Target environment since she usually focuses her energy to her Avon business, but caution should still be exercised.

*Please do not copy this list to Slickdeals or any other competing deal sites. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Atlantic sales are extremely "YMMV". One Target near me clearanced them about a month ago. I picked up two of the end-table like pieces (they hold games on two shelves and books--strat guides--on the bottom shelf) and a couple of the bigger units plus a ton of sleeves for them. But none of the other Targets near me put them on sale. They're all full price.

[quote name='miguel2003']that's ugly... they should fire that Target Team Member.... he or she treated you like a criminal without proves....[/QUOTE]

What a ridiculous thing to say. Fire them for barely hinting he did something wrong? That's completely unrealistic.

[quote name='zensation']saw a couple of copies of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for $10. I don't think I've heard anything good about it so i passed.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for $13.98 at Target last week. I wish I had it back. :(

[quote name='Justin42']It's in the area around the movie section where they have storage stuff. Which is in a slightly different place in each of the Targets I hit up, but usually closer to electronics. Not in the furniture section..

It's interesting that the other Target hasn't clearanced any of the furniture that the one went to 75% off on. I may get a few more of these shelves depending on how I like them when I get it put together.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks. I know what you're talking about and I'll look around for one.

[quote name='ITDEFX']A sony BR player for under 100 bucks is a deal steal! Depending on which model it was, you could have walked out with a great player. even though I have two BR players in the house, having one more as a back up would not be so bad. Oh well your loss. I can see a SD-DVD player at 37.xx or lower, but a BD player? Come on man...[/QUOTE]

It was probably the BDPS360 wihch last sold at $75 008-06-1070. You can find them anywhere in CT I know other than stores listing the display models as "Limited Availability" but they don't sell the displays - they say they are not complete units.

Reviews are middling for the 360 BR Player, but I'd probably bite on one since I don't have a PS3 or BRP in the house.

[quote name='borg20001']Reviews are middling for the 360 BR Player, but I'd probably bite on one since I don't have a PS3 or BRP in the house.[/QUOTE]
Resistance is futile.

yeah, trust me, once you go BR you won't go back. This is coming from someone who isn't shelling out the extra $$ to Netflix just to have Blu Ray as an option, every time I get a new film in the mail I cry a little on the inside knowing I'll just be watching it on an up-scaled DVD player.

So, if you can get one for $100 or less, its definitely a bargain. Hopefully soon Redbox will start stocking Blu Rays, sign up for 1-disc Netflix w/ Blu for $13 a month, and you'll be set.

Picked up :360: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for $13.98 and a couple of the Dexim BluePack S5 iPhone battery packs for $4.98 each from the American Fork, UT store. Been holding out on the battery packs for months and they finally dropped.
Also saw several other clearance games at the Orem, UT store. I remember Alone in the Dark and Brutal Legend. There were a few more, but I don't remember what they were off-hand.

[quote name='lobito72']By chance, do you remember how much was the Madagascar game for the Wii? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind I only pull what is supposed to be marked down. I don't do the markdowns themselves because well, that's the responsibility of the price change team.

I'm also technically not supposed to pull price change batches. The overnight team is in charge of that, but whatever.

I like hummus.

May or may not have been mentioned, but the non-PH Halo Wars :360: sku finally started the clearance cycle it seems. Didn't snag the DPCI, but might be worth checking the PH version to see if they had some accidental clearance tomfoolery.

apparently the extra content on halo wars ph is just a bunch of multiplayer maps so the regular edition is probably good enough for most people.

[quote name='typical guy']apparently the extra content on halo wars ph is just a bunch of multiplayer maps so the regular edition is probably good enough for most people.[/QUOTE]
That's so typical.

We've had a "repackaged" Bioshock 2 CE floating around the store.. I finally checked the price and it came up Item not on file. It's the last one and is going into the clearance process now, but it has since disappeared. I don't see why anyone would pay over $60 for it, so i'm hoping it pops back up.

Halo Wars PH included the two DLC packs which are listed at 800 pts each. One is maps only and the other includes 3 new game modes for skirmish or multiplayer.

What DS or DSi or ds lite were you guys talking about being on clearance? Is it the ds lite with guitar hero? I saw one yesterday, but I do not buy (new) portable systems, so I do not really know which ones are the old ones.

Not gaming related at all, but I saw they had a bunch of framed art on clearance, including most of the baseball pieces. One of the Wrigley Field marquee, one of Yankee Stadium, one of Babe Ruth, one of Carlton Fisk, and I think one of the Fenway scoreboard. There was one more black+white Wrigley one that was not marked down, unfortunately. I saw this stuff at two different stores, one had it at 30%, the other at 50%. Most of it was $29.99 originally. If you ever saw it and it caught your eye, now is the time.

One gaming related note, I saw just a handful of 360 clearance games, but they were locked up inside the glass case with the actual consoles. Spine-out, so you couldn't see the prices on any of them except the top one in the stack. Stupid. I saw a copy of :360: Band Hero, but have no idea how much it was. Don't really remember what else was there, nothing that looked interesting to me. Sorry not a more helpful post!

Not many game deals to mention, but I got super lucky elsewhere... I was looking for some burnable DVDs, and found some Sony ones on a clearance endcap, spindles of 25... Well, there was one DL+DVD and two DVD+RW spindles, marked at $6.98 each, along with the rest of the spindles... When I took them up front, they rang up at $22 each, but I pointed out that the price on the sticker was only $6.98, so instead paying over $44, I walked out with em for $14 and change.

Went by Target this evening -- no clearance games worth noting, but I made an awesome find anyway:

Thermos Precision Flame Infrared Grill (Model # 461210010) (SKU: 009 07 0434)
regular price $269.99
clearance price $67.48

Convenient timing, because I'm moving into a new place with a large deck next week!

I was uncertain about Thermos as a grill brand, but then I saw that it's actually made by Char-Broil -- as far as I can tell, it's identical to this model. We bought a cheaper Char-Broil grill for my girlfriend's place a couple of years ago, and were very happy with it (erm, until we discovered that if you leave the cooking grates in it over the winter, even a mild winter, they rust completely, that is -- now I know with this one to bring them in after it gets too cold to cook out).

Had a hell of a time fitting it in my car (Honda Civic), though. Ended up having to unbox it in the parking lot, because even though the box would have fit in the back seat if I'd been able to get it in, the door opening was too small.

[quote name='thegame85']I held that exact copy in my hands last week, lol. I passed on it solely because I have Red Dead Redemption and I doubt I'd want to play another western game which is most likely worse.[/QUOTE]
I hated red dead and loved call of Juarez...

[quote name='miguel2003']Yes, Amazon don't have it on stock anymore... is selling on eBay around $60... you can't find it on Walmart also... if you find it for $34.98... take it before it's too late, if you find a lot of copies you should a liitle bit until it drops $24.98... but after that I don't think it should drop until $12.48 because of resellers...[/QUOTE]

How long should it take to drop to $25. My Target has a TON of copies, so I might try to wait.

I would buy one now while there still there...or two. lol

All it takes is one reseller to find that store and they will be all gone.

btw, I have yet to find any signs of any MPT's around central Orange County (Anaheim, Orange, Santa Ana, Irvine etc etc)

[quote name='Bervda']How long should it take to drop to $25. My Target has a TON of copies, so I might try to wait.[/QUOTE]

2-3 weeks from now, can be a month... make a visit every Tuesday and see if they still there.

This is KILLING ME.

Where are the clearance end caps in the new layout for Target?
I been all over & there is none.
I seen one clearance snickered game along with the regular games in the plastic prisons & that's all.

Are the Targets around me the only ones that do not have separate clearance section or endcaps.

[quote name='WTFer']This is KILLING ME.

I seen one clearance snickered game along with the regular games in the plastic prisons & that's all.

Are the Targets around me the only ones that do not have separate clearance section or endcaps.[/QUOTE]

I know this may sound like a a ridiculous suggestion... but have you ever asked one of the employees?;)

Last edited by a moderator:
At almost every target I go to, the clearance games rack is on the end of an aisle..not the front end but the back end towards the wall. Usually at the top there is a red clearance banner. The clearance section for games is generally near the games or movies section. If youre really having trouble just walk along the wall of the store till you see something :p

i would walk up and down every aisle looking for clearance sticker lots of toys too . i had to drag my sister away from all those hello kitty stuff on clearance

[quote name='arcane93']Went by Target this evening -- no clearance games worth noting, but I made an awesome find anyway:

Thermos Precision Flame Infrared Grill (Model # 461210010) (SKU: 009 07 0434)
regular price $269.99
clearance price $67.48

Convenient timing, because I'm moving into a new place with a large deck next week!

I was uncertain about Thermos as a grill brand, but then I saw that it's actually made by Char-Broil -- as far as I can tell, it's identical to this model. We bought a cheaper Char-Broil grill for my girlfriend's place a couple of years ago, and were very happy with it (erm, until we discovered that if you leave the cooking grates in it over the winter, even a mild winter, they rust completely, that is -- now I know with this one to bring them in after it gets too cold to cook out).

Had a hell of a time fitting it in my car (Honda Civic), though. Ended up having to unbox it in the parking lot, because even though the box would have fit in the back seat if I'd been able to get it in, the door opening was too small.[/QUOTE]
That looks like the same grill that my grandfather bought about a month ago. Works very nicely, having been the only one to use it thus far.

[quote name='WTFer']This is KILLING ME.

Are the Targets around me the only ones that do not have separate clearance section or endcaps.[/QUOTE]

Some stores have basically removed them entirely. Hopefully they will come back :\

[quote name='arcane93']
Had a hell of a time fitting it in my car (Honda Civic), though. Ended up having to unbox it in the parking lot, because even though the box would have fit in the back seat if I'd been able to get it in, the door opening was too small.[/QUOTE]

Aren't small cars great? I had to do the same when I bought a 37" TV. Just couldn't get it through the door frame.

Saw Tekken 6 25% clearance tonight. There was also a $180 TV stand that was at 25%, if it hits 75% I'll grab that.

All I saw was some PS3 Brutal Legend and they're just now clearancing MLB 09 the show. It's still $27.xx which makes me LOL. Got it from Walmart a while ago for $20.00

Oh, also saw Super Paper Mario. Was $37.xx if I remember correctly.

Have a couple missing DPCI numbers:

Resistance: Retribution :psp: 207-20-0367
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge :psp: 207-20-0394

Man, I wish these would hit clearance here...

[quote name='aleraiders']check it out

[IMG-C=5806]16373[/IMG-C][img-c=5806]16374[/img-c][img-c=5806]16372[/img-c][/QUOTE]
K, I am a tard. What game is that?

[quote name='wrencrest']K, I am a tard. What game is that?[/QUOTE]

mass effect 2 collectors edition

summary - ive been eyeing this CE for about 2 weeks now, and its been at 48.98 for 2 weeks, this past monday i was going to jump on it (if it dropped), it didnt, it was weird because nothing in the electronics clearance endcapped dropped, anyways, i was thinking that since it was a long 4th july weekend, mayb on monday there systems werent updated...so i couldnt go tuesday, and i went this mourning, and dam.....what a find

[quote name='aleraiders']check it out

[IMG-C=5806]16373[/IMG-C][img-c=5806]16374[/img-c][img-c=5806]16372[/img-c][/QUOTE]

it rang up incorrectly?

[quote name='wrencrest']K, I am a tard. What game is that?[/QUOTE]

I would say no, especially since it doesn't show what the title of the game is (at least on the front cover).

[quote name='The SPism']it rang up incorrectly?[/QUOTE]
More like tagged incorrectly (didn't get tagged for subsequent drops).

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I would say no, especially since it doesn't show what the title of the game is (at least on the front cover).[/QUOTE]Actually, it does show the title in black. It's just not easy to see, immediately. Look on the bottom half and you'll see "COLLECTOR'S EDITION MASS EFFECT 2".

I just found a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy. I bought it knowing I have no intentions of ever playing it. So I put it up for sale online. I know this isn't the place for it but let me know (via pm) if any of you want it and I'll sell for $60 + shipping cost.

[quote name='dugbrandon']I just found a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy. I bought it knowing I have no intentions of ever playing it. So I put it up for sale online. I know this isn't the place for it but let me know (via pm) if any of you want it and I'll sell for $60 + shipping cost.[/QUOTE]
Why not sell it on Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back