The Bi-Annual Ballocaust OTT Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Bioshocked360']The instructions are printed on the other side of the DMR paper.[/QUOTE]

I don't see anything outside of putting into your DMR account. Am I missing something?

Hmm .. Sherlock Holmes comes out in three days but Netflix still has a general April release date listed (and thus it wont move out of the 'upcoming movies' into the regular queue)

Holy shit. They are showing UFC 111 in (select) theaters? That's sounds like a pretty decent way to watch it. Too bad they don't sell booze.

I wonder if tickets are more expensive for a live event? My pal is purchasing it, but his TV is so far when you sit on the couches.

This old Asian dude comes up to me and comments about the wedding going on right now. First thing he says as he sees the people enter the venue: "I like Bra[c]k people..."

I have no idea how to get these Toy Story tickets. Nothing at all came up when I typed the code into the DMR site. There are no instructions or references to a free ticket in my case. I don't know what the deal with this is.

Probably. The Cinemark theatre that does the live events here charges like $20something when they do live opera broadcasts that no one here gives a shit about. It was around the same when they were showing a live NPR broadcast.
[quote name='Maklershed']Hmm .. Sherlock Holmes comes out in three days but Netflix still has a general April release date listed (and thus it wont move out of the 'upcoming movies' into the regular queue)[/QUOTE]I think that's a Warner title so they're cockblocking Netflix for 4 weeks because they make more money off of those shitty video on demand rentals.

[quote name='munch']I have no idea how to get these Toy Story tickets. Nothing at all came up when I typed the code into the DMR site. There are no instructions or references to a free ticket in my case. I don't know what the deal with this is.[/QUOTE]

Click the 'account summary' in the upper left side of the site. There should be a banner saying 'click here for TS3 ticket code' under special offers there.

[quote name='munch']I have no idea how to get these Toy Story tickets. Nothing at all came up when I typed the code into the DMR site. There are no instructions or references to a free ticket in my case. I don't know what the deal with this is.[/QUOTE]

There was a little banner under the "you've got 125 points for redeeming this code" that had the TS3 logo and said "click here to get your free movie ticket".

I'm no expert when it comes to basketball, but when you are down 11 points and hitting one in 20 some shots from beyond the 3pt land, you probably don't want to start throwing up shots from out there now.

Regarding the UFC fight in theaters, $20 is about the most I would pay for something like that.

[quote name='Mojimbo']
I think that's a Warner title so they're cockblocking Netflix for 4 weeks because they make more money off of those shitty video on demand rentals.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh forgot about that. Sonuvabitch.

[quote name='Maklershed']Speaking of Netflix on PS3 - I just tried it out again two or three days ago and its just night and day how much worse it is compared to doing it on the 360. It's so insanely slow and it never displays properly.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree on it being slow (and clunky) but I didn't have any display problems.

[quote name='Eviltude']This is the worst part of basketball. The last 2 minutes drag on for 15 minutes or more in competitive games.[/QUOTE]Yup. Especially when the game is clearly out of reach and the fuck faces are still fouling.

[quote name='munch']My special offers just has coupons to get $10 off Toy Story. There's nothing with tickets to the movie.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='manthing']Maybe the free ticket limit was reached?[/QUOTE]

I just did it and got the offer. How do I use these on Amazon?

[quote name='Bioshocked360']The Blu Ray of Let The Right One In is on Hollywoodvideo.com for $4.99, plus you can use 25pv to get 25% off.[/QUOTE]

I was just going to post this.

Weird.

[quote name='Trakan']I just did it and got the offer. How do I use these on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

In theory, you would send yourself a giftcard for $8.50, using discover, the number on the ticket, and the 3 digit security code. Do this once for each ticket you want in Amazon credit. I haven't tried it, but that's how it should work.

Day 2 of PAX East was good.

Biggest Suprise of the show: Split Second. I'm going to play it tomorrow, but I've watched it. I've had four different people mention it as one of the favorites they've played. And nobody had heard of it before. It's a racing game sorta like Burnout. But something I didn't learn from just watching it is that it has some unique power-ups that were well executed. Like, you can litterallky call in a Mac truck from a side street to take out an opponent. But it's not an instant kill so iff the other driver has skill they can avoid it. Stuff like that. I talked to two guys who both mentioned that as being really well implemented.

Summer of Arcade will rock. There's Limbo, Breach, Hydrophobia, Shank, and a few others. The nice thing about the xbla games are that there are no long lines, so you can play them without weaiting an hour.

Off to bed. Will post more later. Ask me any questions and I'll answer tomorrow.

Split/Second does look awesome...that and Blur. Racing games this year are going to rock!

Did you get me a PAX Hoodie for my virtual avatar Ackbar? :D

I was curious about the new L4D2 DLC so i checked up on it, seems its been pushed back a little. Should have been out soon, but now its just sometime in the spring.

Legit overheard at work today, a 50-ish manager (Richard) arguing with a 40-ish employee (Pam) whose son also works there

Rich-"You hear your 18 year old son is trying to use someone else's ID to go drinking tonight and you ask him to SEE the ID and tell him, yeah, it should work?! WHAT THE fuck IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

Pam-"Nothing I'm going to say is going to stop him. He's 18 and lives with his dad. If you had an 18 year old son that was trying to use someone else's ID to go drinking, what would YOU do?!"

Rich-"Buy him a fake ID. Duh. Bracelets suck and I don't have money for bail."

I laughed so hard I was coughing and had tears running down my face.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Split/Second does look awesome...that and Blur. Racing games this year are going to rock!

Did you get me a PAX Hoodie for my virtual avatar Ackbar? :D[/QUOTE]

I got a PAX T-shirt for my avatar. Unless I got something in a bag I haven't found yet.

You also asked about Crackdown 2. They had it setup for multiplayer. Rocket Tag and Deathmatch. Rocket Tag was a flaming load of Fail. Death Match wasn't good. Everyone is gonna play it for the single player and co-op anyway.

[quote name='JolietJake']Parents of the year right there.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't believe it. I would've gotten my ass kicked so hard I'd still have bruises. Then again, Pam is known for dancing on tables at the country club and Rich is drunk half the time at work, so yeah.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I got a PAX T-shirt for my avatar. Unless I got something in a bag I haven't found yet.

You also asked about Crackdown 2. They had it setup for multiplayer. Rocket Tag and Deathmatch. Rocket Tag was a flaming load of Fail. Death Match wasn't good. Everyone is gonna play it for the single player and co-op anyway.[/QUOTE]

Ah well, no big deal.

Rocket Tag? Sounds weird, sucks if it doesn't turn out good...was that pretty much everyone's impression...that it sucked?

I didn't play Crackdown 2, I might try tomorrow. But ya, that was the consensus from what I heard.

My biggest surprise was Breach. That is going to easily be worth the $15 XBLA price tag. It's like BFBC2 meets Counter-Strike.

[quote name='Chika']I couldn't believe it. I would've gotten my ass kicked so hard I'd still have bruises. Then again, Pam is known for dancing on tables at the country club and Rich is drunk half the time at work, so yeah.[/QUOTE]

Those are pretty cool parents. I know my parents wouldn't have given a shit about that if I was in that kids situation. My sister told them about her ID and they didn't give her any problems. Hell my parents would buy me beer at 14 as long as I drank it at the house.

She's Out of My League is fucking hilarious. I haven't see Hot Tub Time Machine to compare it, but that movie had some amazing dialogue and one scene had me rolling for about five minutes straight.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Those are pretty cool parents. I know my parents wouldn't have given a shit about that if I was in that kids situation. My sister told them about her ID and they didn't give her any problems. Hell my parents would buy me beer at 14 as long as I drank it at the house.[/QUOTE]

What state are you from again?

[quote name='Chika']What state are you from again?[/QUOTE]

My parents are from New Jersey. Don't try and pin shit as a southern thing. I know that is what everyone from up north tries to do (your rejects are why I hate this place so much). It all has to do with raising kids who are responsible, know their limits, and have a strong moral compass.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Day 2 of PAX East was good.

Biggest Suprise of the show: Split Second. I'm going to play it tomorrow, but I've watched it. I've had four different people mention it as one of the favorites they've played. And nobody had heard of it before. It's a racing game sorta like Burnout. But something I didn't learn from just watching it is that it has some unique power-ups that were well executed. Like, you can litterallky call in a Mac truck from a side street to take out an opponent. But it's not an instant kill so iff the other driver has skill they can avoid it. Stuff like that. I talked to two guys who both mentioned that as being really well implemented.

Summer of Arcade will rock. There's Limbo, Breach, Hydrophobia, Shank, and a few others. The nice thing about the xbla games are that there are no long lines, so you can play them without weaiting an hour.

Off to bed. Will post more later. Ask me any questions and I'll answer tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I think shank was the only one I've seen anything about prior to you mentioning those... and the names aren't really making me want to learn more. What the hell are they?

--

Kotaku's posted photos of the cosplay of the show are full of dry-heaving intestine-puking failure.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']My parents are from New Jersey. Don't try and pin shit as a southern thing. I know that is what everyone from up north tries to do (your rejects are why I hate this place so much). It all has to do with raising kids who are responsible, know their limits, and have a strong moral compass.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was going to say it sounded like the Jersey Shore. I worked at an orthodontist office in NJ for 2 years and I saw more young teenagers that were drunk, hungover, stoned, and/or bulimic than were sober/mostly normal. Then again, most NYers don't think very highly of NJ to start with, but the numbers I saw were actually shocking. 14 is a bit young to be drinking beer IMO. I could see a glass of wine/beer on a special occasion, but pounding a beer or hard liquor is a little much.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']The Blu Ray of Let The Right One In is on Hollywoodvideo.com for $4.99, plus you can use 25pv to get 25% off.[/QUOTE]
Sold out now. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back