The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
i turned $40 into $80 at gamestop

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (x2)
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Killzone 2
Dynasty Warriors 6

Yesterday I picked up Fallout: New Vegas and Vanquish for $14.99. And then TV Superstars and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for $9.99. I didn't have any PS Move games and I wanted one, so Superstars was good for the price. And I didn't see any other $9.99 games that I liked, so I snagged R6 to go along with it. They didn't have a whole lot at the store but I think it's a decent haul for the price.

I flipped a few games but nothing worth noting realy and didnt really profit. These are the games I ended up keeping though:

Kirby Superstar Ultra (DS)
Rayman Raving Rabids 2 (Wii)
Batman: Brave and Bold (Wii)
Boomblox: Bash Party (Wii)
Warioland: Shake It (Wii)

All marked $9.99 so after B1G1 each were roughly 5 a piece. Not too shabby. :)

Are there some flips worth noting at Gamestop though?

Picked up these over the last couple days:

:360: Bioshock 2
:360: Lost Planet 2
:wii: MySims (for the fiance)

Also, picked up Assassin's Creed II, at least I thought I did. Opened up the case and sitting there is a copy of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood! :D

Last night I drove out of my way to two store since I was on that side of town and found nothing I wanted. Add on the four stores I've hit and all I've gotten was BFBC and Crackdown, the latter I didn't really want, but needed a 2nd something. All I really want is Wet and Dante's Inferno. I want these games to PLAY, but as I complained upthread, it appears the Ferengi have looted the stores to flip everything and those wanting games to PLAY are SOL. Lame.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Apparently there are, but nobody's disclosed their secrets yet. Probably has something to do with the extra 40% TIV.[/QUOTE]

Newbs and rookies, there ware ways to flip for a profit despite being banned from GS and several other places.

[quote name='weaponomega2x']Picked up these over the last couple days:

:360: Bioshock 2
:360: Lost Planet 2
:wii: MySims (for the fiance)

Also, picked up Assassin's Creed II, at least I thought I did. Opened up the case and sitting there is a copy of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood! :D[/QUOTE]

I blame your Sharingan, you lucky git. Lucky for the rest of us there's the cheap reissue coming out/BB's $15 off coupon.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Last night I drove out of my way to two store since I was on that side of town and found nothing I wanted. Add on the four stores I've hit and all I've gotten was BFBC and Crackdown, the latter I didn't really want, but needed a 2nd something. All I really want is Wet and Dante's Inferno. I want these games to PLAY, but as I complained upthread, it appears the Ferengi have looted the stores to flip everything and those wanting games to PLAY are SOL. Lame.[/QUOTE]
Shit, man. I probably could have hooked you up earlier. I remember seeing those two titles day one of this sale.

Oh well. It's not as if I NEED anything more. I could play my backlog until the Xbox 720 has it's second price drop and design refresh, so it's not as if I'll die of boredom without them. It just sucks that what little I wanted to get for myself to play, not flip, probably got slurped up by the El Hoardos and Ferengi.

I got a pretty good haul, spent $105, if I manage to sell them all I should make close to $300 :) I love living in the middle of nowhere, went in there today and they still had a ton of games to pick from!

FO:NV x2
Kane & Lynch 2 x2
UFC 2010 x2
Biggest Loser Challenge x2
Enslaved
Dirt 2
StarWars Force Unleashed 2
Transformers Cybertron Adventures
Orange Box
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

[quote name='hawaiiboy']here is a timeline of all the clearance crap we have. lucky for all u folks finding game accessories as our district hasnt had any systems or accessories for at least a couple years.

General Merchandise
May 24 – June 5 50% Off
June 6 – June 19 75% Off
June 20 – June 26 90% Off
June 27 – July 3 Product Return

Select Game Strategy Guides
May 24 – June 26 50% Off

Game Accessories
May 24 – June 5 50% Off
June 6 – June 19 50% Off
June 20 – June 26 75% Off
June 27 – July 3 Product Return

Game Hardware and Software
May 24 – June 5 25% Off
June 6 – June 19 50% Off
June 20 – June 26 75% Off
June 27 – July 3 Product Return[/QUOTE]

Well generally the point cards used to be included in most "accessory" sales...not to say they are here as others have proven it not true.

It does piss me off though because they have a controller at mine that would be 50% off and I just bought one at BB and have used it enough where I probably couldn't return it (plus I used RZC so I might lose that).

I do think they have a DS left though, or at least they did a while ago.

[quote name='stoned99']So what are you flipping to get 100% profit ?[/QUOTE]

There are a whole bunch of 9.99 games that get you 7+ at GS. 7 with pur and the 3/$10 will give you a 2X value.

Titles include:
PS3
SW:TFU
R&C:ToD
PoP:FS
DW6
NfS:Shift

SM:WoS
Dirt2(This still gets $10 base)
Burnout: Paradise

WII
SM:WoS
M&S:OG
Dirt2
HotD23
SW:TFU2(to Amz for 10.xx idk GStiv)
I'm sure there are a bunch more as well as a few 14.99s, but those were the ones at my store that I checked.

Anyways, got me a tin box Halo Wars along with other stuff including,
TvC:UAS
TW11 (for my new Wiimotes)
A copy of SSBB I have no need for.

There's a tin box Madden anniversary something (4.99) for the 360 @93rd &Bway. There's also a Bullet Witch to pair it with. If you're in NYC and want that I suggest you go because if it's still there on Monday, I'm picking it up.

EDIT:
GSTiV thread has just informed me of:
wii
bully scholarship 7
warioland shake it 7
tmnt smash up 7

These are also there and will be gone this Saturday at 7:30pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DirkBelig']Oh well. It's not as if I NEED anything more. I could play my backlog until the Xbox 720 has it's second price drop and design refresh, so it's not as if I'll die of boredom without them. It just sucks that what little I wanted to get for myself to play, not flip, probably got slurped up by the El Hoardos and Ferengi.[/QUOTE]
And people say I'm redundant with telling my old stories of price matching penny guides and what not?

We get it, you don't like flippers. Now give it a rest.

Since I'm going to consider my local Blockbusters blown up for now, would going back on Sunday be a good idea. This is when price drop/restocking happens, yes? I stocked up like a bastard on stop one, have found nothing since. At least one of the games I bought don't work, but I don't know if I'll be able to find another GTA 4 to swap it in store.
Wouldn't mind picking up another Pacific Rift for a buddy, so we could play online.
Also still looking for Dead Space or Singularity on PS3.

[quote name='DirkBelig']All the Ferengis buying to flip must explain why most of the four stores I went to were rather looted. Only managed to pick up Crackdown (no manual, rental case) and BF:BC (no manual) for $10. One store had a bunch of FONVs, but otherwise, pfft.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DirkBelig']I feel sorry for anyone going to the stores looking for games to actually PLAY, since it's just Ferengi cleaning them out and flipping them to Amazon or Gamestop. :shame: "Man, I hate this game so hard, but I can turn $15 into $24 credit or more! w00t!!! I am so l337!!!1!!1eleven!! Sucks to be anyone looking for it to play, cuz I bought all the good ones!!!" Bah. :oldman:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DirkBelig']Last night I drove out of my way to two store since I was on that side of town and found nothing I wanted. Add on the four stores I've hit and all I've gotten was BFBC and Crackdown, the latter I didn't really want, but needed a 2nd something. All I really want is Wet and Dante's Inferno. I want these games to PLAY, but as I complained upthread, it appears the Ferengi have looted the stores to flip everything and those wanting games to PLAY are SOL. Lame.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DirkBelig']Oh well. It's not as if I NEED anything more. I could play my backlog until the Xbox 720 has it's second price drop and design refresh, so it's not as if I'll die of boredom without them. It just sucks that what little I wanted to get for myself to play, not flip, probably got slurped up by the El Hoardos and Ferengi.[/QUOTE]
thumbnail.aspx
http://www.junglewalk.com/photos/parrots-pictures-I2141.htm

i just bought ufc 2010, wwe smackdown vs raw 2010, fallout vegas ps3 and 360, rainbow vegas 2, and mass effect 2 for total of 40 bucks plus tax. not a bad deal at all

Decided I'd go all out with my flipping and go for a ps3.

Total spent was $64

Traded in about $82 worth of old 360 games ( $19.84
*Kingdom Hearts 358/2 $9.99 -> $11.04
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings $4.99 -> $3.30 (Don't do this one, was planning on keeping till I decided on ps3 and bb wouldn't let me trade it since it wasn't broken. )

I starred the good deals, and double starred mario party, that one was a $15 gain on it's own, the best out of the lot.

If you're unsure and have a bb/gamestop near each other, do what I did.
Go to BB and make a list of games that you think might be worht something.
($9.99 games for wii tended to be worth at least $5 so they're good to take note of.)
(Shooters, fighters, and sports games tend to be bad since they drop so drastically in price when new ones come out.
Then run to gamestop and go through the list with them getting a quote of each. Tell them you have to run home to snag them if it's worth it if they ask questions.

Then go to bb buy games, trade in. Easy gains. :)

Edit: The three stores I went to in north Atlanta each had a ton of games left and drastically different selection.
All the store closings made the selection near me 1000% better than last time they had this sale.

SIGH... I wish I was visiting my family in the states for this sale. I tried to get my brother to pick up games for me, but he is clueless.

Is there another B1G1 sale usually in July? I know there is one around X-mas.

[quote name='ev1lg00dguy']Decided I'd go all out with my flipping and go for a ps3.

Total spent was $64

Traded in about $82 worth of old 360 games ( $19.84
*Kingdom Hearts 358/2 $9.99 -> $11.04
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings $4.99 -> $3.30 (Don't do this one, was planning on keeping till I decided on ps3 and bb wouldn't let me trade it since it wasn't broken. )

I starred the good deals, and double starred mario party, that one was a $15 gain on it's own, the best out of the lot.

If you're unsure and have a bb/gamestop near each other, do what I did.
Go to BB and make a list of games that you think might be worht something.
($9.99 games for wii tended to be worth at least $5 so they're good to take note of.)
(Shooters, fighters, and sports games tend to be bad since they drop so drastically in price when new ones come out.
Then run to gamestop and go through the list with them getting a quote of each. Tell them you have to run home to snag them if it's worth it if they ask questions.

Then go to bb buy games, trade in. Easy gains. :)

Edit: The three stores I went to in north Atlanta each had a ton of games left and drastically different selection.
All the store closings made the selection near me 1000% better than last time they had this sale.[/QUOTE]

Nice work. I traded in a good amount of games the last sale to get some Gamestop credit.

Havent made a trip into Lincoln, NE yet to stop by the Pine Lake Rd location.

Any Huskers stop by that one? That one usually is pretty well stocked.

Which 360 Transformers game is on sale? Is it War for Cybertron or Revenge of the Fallen? Seen people trading in WFC, and it's marked 19.99. Not that the marked price ever means anything at BB.

[quote name='xdl']Which 360 Transformers game is on sale? Is it War for Cybertron or Revenge of the Fallen? Seen people trading in WFC, and it's marked 19.99. Not that the marked price ever means anything at BB.[/QUOTE]

Transformers: RofF is on sale for $14.99 while Cybertron is $19.99.

[quote name='DirkBelig']All I really want is Wet and Dante's Inferno.[/QUOTE]

Do you still need Dante's Inferno? My BBV has 2 copies of it for Xbox 360.

Any of you wonderful folks finding games that don't work? Of the 7 Wii games I bought for my collection, 5 of them do not work and cannot be read.

[quote name='LordSMVS']Any of you wonderful folks finding games that don't work? Of the 7 Wii games I bought for my collection, 5 of them do not work and cannot be read.[/QUOTE]
Any noticable cracks or scratches on them? Top damage to the discs' label?

[quote name='SkankButta']SIGH... I wish I was visiting my family in the states for this sale. I tried to get my brother to pick up games for me, but he is clueless.

Is there another B1G1 sale usually in July? I know there is one around X-mas.[/QUOTE]

I beliee that Hawaiiboy said there should be one around july 4th weekend

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You'd be surprised. Sometimes it takes just one lil nick in the top sticker that you miss to completely screw up a game.[/QUOTE]

Then there's occasionally the disc you'll see that looks like it's been through hell yet it still works. I have a PS2 game with a large crack on the spindle that runs through the disc part, has scratches all over the disc, scratches on top, etc. and yet still runs flawlessly. Played through it all the way with no problems. It even has a circular burn mark scratch on the disc. How it still works I'll never know (and yes, I've played all the way through it.)

I am going to miss these B1G1F sales. :cry:

I'll do a more throughout inspection and cleaning this weekend before I make another trip back. Maybe I'll get at least some of them to work. Hopefully, it's just me.

LordSMVS, A lot of the Wii disks I looked at had finger prints and scratches galore.
Most of the 360 ones looked good and the ps3 were pristine.

I think the Wii's have a bit more luck involved because of the crowd some of the games cater to.
Batman Brave and the Bold was a train wreck, Trivial Pursuit was in great condition.

Maybe my fiancee will get me some good blue rays for my birthday coming up.
Spent too much before I got the ps3 so now I have no games/movies to go with it hah.
Just have it for netflix blue rays at the moment.

So where does a CAG get replacement manuals? I'm sure I am not the only one that's OCD about their gaming collections but these BBV sales are way too good to pass up on cheapo incomplete games.

I saw some XBL point card and some Wii point cards for half off at the Blockbuster in Dallas, Tx, next to the Borders at Lovers Lane.

Too bad I dont have a 360. I really wanted some PSN cards....errgh.

I also saw a pink DSlite for 94 dollars. There was a sign next to it that said they had more colors.
There was also a 360 and Kinect bundle for 25% off, which came to 225.

This is kind of unrelated, but they had tons of Tivo DVRs for 24.99, marked down from 199.99. If I can use it just to watch Netflix Id get it. I dunno. I need to research it.

[quote name='vincentgrey']I saw some XBL point card and some Wii point cards for half off at the Blockbuster in Dallas, Tx, next to the Borders at Lovers Lane.

Too bad I dont have a 360. I really wanted some PSN cards....errgh.

I also saw a pink DSlite for 94 dollars. There was a sign next to it that said they had more colors.
There was also a 360 and Kinect bundle for 25% off, which came to 225.

This is kind of unrelated, but they had tons of Tivo DVRs for 24.99, marked down from 199.99. If I can use it just to watch Netflix Id get it. I dunno. I need to research it.[/QUOTE]

Is the xbox point card in plastic wrap or the regular card you need to scratch the code?

Picked up a ps3 80gb blockbuster bundle for $285 after taxes. Its a good deal, especially for those that missed out on the target $100 coupon thing. The bundle comes with a 80 Gb ps3,the official ps3 remote control, HDMI cable, Transformers-the game,a blu-ray movie, I think its an adam sandler movie but the 12 week rental card supposedly does not work(i forgot to try)

[quote name='ev1lg00dguy']*Kingdom Hearts 358/2 $9.99 -> $11.04.[/QUOTE]

OK, what the hell!? You are like the third person that has said this game is $9.99. I passed on it the other day because it was marked $14.99 at a store that otherwise had everything else correct.

So then I went back there last night and got a bunch of other stuff. I brought this up and had it price checked and it was still $14.99. WTF!?

I definitely would have bought it if it had come up $9.99.

[quote name='io']OK, what the hell!? You are like the third person that has said this game is $9.99. I passed on it the other day because it was marked $14.99 at a store that otherwise had everything else correct.

So then I went back there last night and got a bunch of other stuff. I brought this up and had it price checked and it was still $14.99. WTF!?

I definitely would have bought it if it had come up $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Was marked $14.99 at my store too.

bread's done
Back