The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']OK, give me a minute to find it. I'll PM it to you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks The End, now I'm a proud owner of Bad Rats. :cool:

[quote name='warreni']Wait, did you play the PS3 or PC version? The PC version is supposed to have a lot of the bugs that plagued the original release ironed out.[/QUOTE]

I played the PS3 version, but it's not even the bugs that is the problem. The story is bad, the gameplay is bad, the collectibles are bad. Overall it's just boring crap.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Quick question: Exactly what time on January 5th do many of these sales end? 10am PST?[/QUOTE]

Usually.

Hey this is Steam-related, right? I played my Steam install of Lord of the Rings Online this morning and started digging into the 2012 Yule Festival with my female hobbit hunter. I love the way Turbine made the festival quests on-level this year because I'll get a nice experience bonus for running dailies.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Quick question: Exactly what time on January 5th do many of these sales end? 10am PST?[/QUOTE]

Yes. And then Jade Empire will go on sale for 75% off.

[quote name='INCyr']Yes. And then Jade Empire will go on sale for 75% off.[/QUOTE]

Lol, that had to be one of the best Steam trolls ever. And there was so much demand to buy Jade Empire on Steam and folks didn't wait...

[RANT]All I have to say is fuck you Konami. Merry fuck You Very Much ... and a Happy New Year. :bomb:[/RANT]

Silent Hill: Homecoming $20 again ... I highly doubt this'll be a daily deal at 75% off ... back to waiting ... so when's the Summer Sale start? :lol:

[quote name='hollowfreak'][RANT]All I have to say is fuck you Konami. Merry fuck You Very Much ... and a Happy New Year. :bomb:[/RANT]

Silent Hill: Homecoming $20 again ... I highly doubt this'll be a daily deal at 75% off ... back to waiting ... so when's the Summer Sale start? :lol:[/QUOTE]

There won't be a summer sale... Remember that the world is going to end tomorrow :hot::cold:

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']0% is the new 75%.[/QUOTE]

Who knew that GMG's trade-in credit would be worth a damn and the most expensive game ever made would be free-to-play?

And of course there was the Origin debacle, which presented a moral dilemma. Was it wrong use an exploit on EA when it's the same company that has been exploiting gamers with DLC and game passes for years? I said yes and just took my two freebies, but others said hell no and took most of EA's cheaper catalog.

Plus, who could predict that THQ would dump 6 or so ok to very good games for a buck?

2012 was a nice year for PC game "buyers". :applause:

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I saw that [Dead Rising 2 pack] too, definitely buying it if it ends up as a daily/flash deal for 75% off.. but it's Capcom so it may not happen.[/QUOTE]
If it does, I'm so in. :D

[quote name='The End']Hey, you're right. Here's the store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/20500/

No way to add it to cart. Wonder if it's only a glitch from the Holiday sale?[/QUOTE]
When I click the "store page" link in the client, it just takes me to the store front page.

[quote name='Motoki']We should probably help gift it to all the poor Europeans who want it and can't get it because it's not available in their region and Steam made the publisher go to Greenlight with it instead of, you know, letting a game in that's already on their store anyway.[/QUOTE]
What a ridiculous situation.

[quote name='Bulkoth']http://store.steampowered.com/app/92000/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3

Is Hydrophobia: Prophecy worth $1.24? Seems shiny but how is the game?[/QUOTE]

I got the game for free through PS+. The game is OK, but that is me saying that with a free price tag. Personally, everything about it felt mediocre. Like there was more that could have been done with the story, gameplay...everything, but just wasn't. So, for $1.24...might be worth it; still think free-$0.99 is about right.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I got the game for free through PS+. The game is OK, but that is me saying that with a free price tag. Personally, everything about it felt mediocre. Like there was more that could have been done with the story, gameplay...everything, but just wasn't. So, for $1.24...might be worth it; still think free-$0.99 is about right.[/QUOTE]

was boring and repetitive imo.. got it on psn though not sure if they're exactly the same

Hmm, I noticed EA put the Sims Supernatural and Seasons (the newer expansions that just got added a little bit ago) half off.

I'll hold out in case they go 75% off and if not just buy them at 50% on the last day. With EA you have to take whatever deals you can get on Steam otherwise who the hell knows if they will yank the game before the next sale.

[quote name='hollowfreak'][RANT]All I have to say is fuck you Konami. Merry fuck You Very Much ... and a Happy New Year. :bomb:[/RANT]

Silent Hill: Homecoming $20 again ... I highly doubt this'll be a daily deal at 75% off ... back to waiting ... so when's the Summer Sale start? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Don't expect good deals from the Japanese unless it's Sega or Square, who have the Eidos side to smack some sense into them. Mostly. There was that FF7 thing...

Anyway, it just leads to disappointment.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Thanks for Skyrim Bad Rats.[/QUOTE]

There's what they want to happen and then there's the reality of what is likely to happen.

[quote name='Darigon']was boring and repetitive imo.. got it on psn though not sure if they're exactly the same[/QUOTE]Would you like a copy of Bat Rats?

[quote name='Larce80']tried to send a spare skyrim but I reached my gifting limit for this month :([/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the 2 I picked up from Microsoft...

[quote name='dbolt']There won't be a summer sale... Remember that the world is going to end tomorrow :hot::cold:[/QUOTE]

Well that'll sure save me some money, now won't it? :lol:

[quote name='Das_Regal']Would you like a copy of Bat Rats?[/QUOTE]

nah lol. If anything I'd say toki tori, but I already got that while back XD

I need some advice from some Steam sale veterans. Only thing i really want is the Half Life complete pack. Right now it is 50% off at 19.99. Do valve packs like these usually end up in flash sales/dailies or would it be ok to pick it up now?

[quote name='D1987']I need some advice from some Steam sale veterans. Only thing i really want is the Half Life complete pack. Right now it is 50% off at 19.99. Do valve packs like these usually end up in flash sales/dailies or would it be ok to pick it up now?[/QUOTE]That's not really a good price.

[quote name='D1987']I need some advice from some Steam sale veterans. Only thing i really want is the Half Life complete pack. Right now it is 50% off at 19.99. Do valve packs like these usually end up in flash sales/dailies or would it be ok to pick it up now?[/QUOTE]

They usually end up as a daily/flash deal for 75% off (for Half-Life, anyway). Just wait.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Why do all the leeching assholes like to laugh so fucking hard? XD[/QUOTE]

Pleaz to gief me stuffzorz?!?! Exxxxxxxx--deeeeeeeee!

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I got the game for free through PS+. The game is OK, but that is me saying that with a free price tag. Personally, everything about it felt mediocre. Like there was more that could have been done with the story, gameplay...everything, but just wasn't. So, for $1.24...might be worth it; still think free-$0.99 is about right.[/QUOTE]

That's sort of how I found it. It was so mediocre to me that it wasn't worth playing at all. I got nothing out of the experience. Knowing what I know now, I would rather have spent that time playing a bad game with an interesting hook. That would have been much more entertaining to me.

[quote name='D1987']I need some advice from some Steam sale veterans. Only thing i really want is the Half Life complete pack. Right now it is 50% off at 19.99. Do valve packs like these usually end up in flash sales/dailies or would it be ok to pick it up now?[/QUOTE]

Wait for the 25$ Valve Complete Pack :)

[quote name='Syntax Error']If I changed my profile name to dear-god-im-so-poor-i-had-to-eat-my-shoes, do you think Mooby would give me games? :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'd give you more shoes to eat.

[quote name='kataztrophik']I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the 2 I picked up from Microsoft...[/QUOTE]

Why give them to me of course! Tis' the season . . . :lol:

Anyway are people seriously wanting to give others copies of Bad Rats for Christmas? That's insane :drool:

[quote name='Syntax Error']If I changed my profile name to dear-god-im-so-poor-i-had-to-eat-my-shoes, do you think Mooby would give me games? :cry:[/QUOTE]

I wish I could afford shoes XD

[quote name='D1987']Thanks i just needed the reassurance to hold off for now. Will wait until 75%.[/QUOTE]

You aren't the only one waiting for that. I'm waiting for the 75% off as well. Wanna hold hands while we wait?

Someone should give me something because I'm so poor I can't even afford internet!

I PC game exclusively from the back of a Mc Donalds on AT&T hotspot wifi. It's a bitch dragging my tower in here.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Why give them to me of course! Tis' the season . . . :lol:

Anyway are people seriously wanting to give others copies of Bad Rats for Christmas? That's insane :drool:[/QUOTE]

True true

Here you go

I wish I could afford a 3,500 sq ft. house with master suite that has a triple head shower and jacuzzi tub. XD

If anyone is feeling generous my Swiss bank account is as follows...

[quote name='soulkyo']Wait for the 25$ Valve Complete Pack :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='D1987']Thanks i just needed the reassurance to hold off for now. Will wait until 75%.[/QUOTE]

The Valve complete pack wont get any lower, but there will be a Half-Life complete pack that should hit (at least) 75% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back