The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stonekeep']And it's gone.

edit. activated, I was worried ..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I activated my key too. I usually like to wait until I'm just about to play a game to add it to my library. But with Gamersgate glitch prices, I don't dare wait. Gotta activate it ASAP.

Oh and I guess I was wrong about Sanctum. I'm probably the only guy here who would welcome a flash deal on Sanctum. But it'll be on sale again sometime over the next 2 months.

[quote name='MKScorpion']lol at me for staying up until 2. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]
Your Avatar seems pretty appropriate for your post. lol

[quote name='poxi']SS3 went on -85% sale and it was featured normally as community choice sale, at least for me.[/QUOTE]
UGH :(

I went to sleep when the timer still said 55 hours.

:whistle2:#

[quote name='jkimrey']Ace of Spades looks like fun - anyone played it?[/QUOTE]

Pass. Look at the steam forums and metacritic, It's been ages since I have seen a game reviewed as harshly as that. Not even more then a handful of defenders. >.>

So I read that Left for Dead 2 has all the maps and scenarios of Left for Dead 1 so LFD1 isn't needed anymore (why do they even sell it?), but I was wondering does it have the voices in the single player scenario?

I thought I read that somewhere so wanted to confirm if that was the difference between the two and the only benefit if you were to play it single player.

Finally got hold of Alan Wake from GamersGate. Hope they don't refund it before I get home and activate the key.

Don't see why I'm so bothered, today is all about DOOM RAILS.

DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS

[quote name='Flowette']Finally got hold of Alan Wake from GamersGate. Hope they don't refund it before I get home and activate the key.

Don't see why I'm so bothered, today is all about DOOM RAILS.

DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS[/QUOTE]

I've been gone a few days.

What is Doom Rails and why exactly has Motoki thrust it upon me?

[quote name='Eldredpe']I've been gone a few days.

What is Doom Rails and why exactly has Motoki thrust it upon me?[/QUOTE]

1) it's a surprise!
2) because you were chosen.

DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS

Long time lurker, first time post. That posting delay has kept me quiet these last few days ;) Howdy folks!

The lack of Recettear at 75% off did make me sad. Was planning to pick that up for myself and the fiance. Right now, I'm hoping for Fallout 3 GOTY, Sacred Franchise and King's Bounty Platinum... Would also love a 75% off Chaos Edition BB and Dungeonbowl. Of Orcs and Men also looks quite intriguing. This Steam sale is eating me alive.

[quote name='deftrance']Long time lurker, first time post. That posting delay has kept me quiet these last few days ;) Howdy folks!

The lack of Recettear at 75% off did make me sad. Was planning to pick that up for myself and the fiance. Right now, I'm hoping for Fallout 3 GOTY, Sacred Franchise and King's Bounty Platinum... Would also love a 75% off Chaos Edition BB and Dungeonbowl. Of Orcs and Men also looks quite intriguing. This Steam sale is eating me alive.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the thread! There's coffee and biscuits on a table at the back.

I think we had Recettear at 75% a few days ago, Carpe Fulgur had a flash deal which advertised Fortune Summoners, but also had Recettear and Chantellise. You might have to wait for this to crop up again.

I'd be as surprised as any if we didn't see a Fallout franchise sale today but something doesn't seem right. If we've had numerous re-runs on flash deals and dailies, why haven't we seen any Fallout action? Very odd.

As for Kings Bounty, you can probably find keys for the first 2-3 games in the Steam Trading thread. It's popped up in Indie Gala bundles before, you shouldn't have to pay more than $1-2 for a key. Be patient. (You might also find a Fallout seller there, too)

Edit:

DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS

I was interested in King's Bounty too (You can get Platinum on Amazon for ~8/9$ right now. Though not steam versions)

I tried the demo of Armored Princess and liked it a lot. So I just bought the first one to see if I even like them by the time I finish the first. May be wise to do the same, unless you've played the original games, the remake for PS2 or like HOM&M

I'm so sad I missed SS3, that was probably the last chance to get it for 6$.

Does Community choice count as a flash sale? I would assume yes.?
So no chance of MP3 PM on amazon if it won.

Been happy with my collection. Think I have added around 75 titles this holiday season that I will prob. play. Will have to see what today's last day adds.

So, as someone who does not really have that much games, does anyone actually reccomend any of the publisher packs?

Edit: The Ubisoft pack interests me, but wtf, no Farcry 3?

[quote name='Curtsey']So, as someone who does not really have that much games, does anyone actually reccomend any of the publisher packs?

Edit: The Ubisoft pack interests me, but wtf, no Farcry 3?[/QUOTE]

If you don't have any THQ stuff the THQ pack for $24.99 is pretty excellent now that their Humble Bundle is over.

[quote name='deftrance']The lack of Recettear at 75% off did make me sad. Was planning to pick that up for myself and the fiance. Right now, I'm hoping for Fallout 3 GOTY.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was a little sad about that too. It was the only game this sale that I really wanted. The rest of them were just back ups or cheap bundles that I couldn't ignore.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Yeah, I was a little sad about that too. It was the only game this sale that I really wanted. The rest of them were just back ups or cheap bundles that I couldn't ignore.[/QUOTE]

Hah me too it was my #1, bummed to see Flowette said it did hit 75% on a flash sale i missed.

I think I might bite at 50% off though.

[quote name='jshackles']Yeah, this thread can be like that sometimes.[/QUOTE]
Can't expect everyone to read every post do you?:roll:

Not everyone reads every single post or pays attention to things that aren't of their interest until it's of their interest you know.

Sure, I could've searched. But didn't think of it at the time. Most of the forums I visit sadly don't have a "Search this thread" feature ( I wish they did) so I don't stop to think about it a lot of the time.

So sue me.:hot:

[quote name='Eldredpe']If you don't have any THQ stuff the THQ pack for $24.99 is pretty excellent now that their Humble Bundle is over.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully I did snag the Humble Bundle

Dead Space needs to be in the final Daily.. it was there as a community choice option but didn't win, can't believe a significant franchise would be in the community choice pool and never show up as a daily with 2 weeks of sales. I played 1 at release and never played 2, would like to cap off the sales by picking up the sequel with my last $5 of steam credit.

Oh goody, another chance to buy Bioshock franchise for $10! Oh wait a second.. got that for free from Amazon.

Also Evochron Mercenary 75% $6.24, Babel Rising 50% $5.

Community Vote
Terraria 66%
Torchlight II 50%
Giana Sisters : Twisted Dreams 66%

I voted Giana, personally. I already own them all but Giana lost the last vote it was in.

[quote name='deftrance']Long time lurker, first time post. That posting delay has kept me quiet these last few days ;) Howdy folks!

The lack of Recettear at 75% off did make me sad. Was planning to pick that up for myself and the fiance. Right now, I'm hoping for Fallout 3 GOTY, Sacred Franchise and King's Bounty Platinum... Would also love a 75% off Chaos Edition BB and Dungeonbowl. Of Orcs and Men also looks quite intriguing. This Steam sale is eating me alive.[/QUOTE]

I figured Recettear @ $5 was the lowest it was going to get...so that ended up being the only thing I've picked up this sale (next to X-Com from Amazon for $20)

[quote name='deftrance']Bleh. Voted for Gianna Sisters as it looks interesting and I don't have it. Not excited about the new flash sale selection.[/QUOTE]

It is really weird how something can be a flash, and then end up being voted for again for same thing.

[quote name='soulkyo']Will Tomb Raider collection likely make a return in a future sale?[/QUOTE]

Absolutley yes.

During this sale...? Who knows. The final sales will probably Alan Wake and every Community Choice winner at 40% off. :roll:

[quote name='NamPaehc']It is really weird how something can be a flash, and then end up being voted for again for same thing.[/QUOTE]
I voted for it too I was kind of on the fence when it was a flash sale awhile back and ended up missing out when I realized that I for sure wanted to get it.

There was a LOT of love for Giana Sisters in this thread when it popped up on a sale (was it a flash? Or maybe GMG?), so I'll jump on it at 66% off if it wins.

Something about Swedish metal music. I think. It was probably discussed about 200 pages ago (Xmas eve maybe).

[quote name='Flowette']There was a LOT of love for Giana Sisters in this thread when it popped up on a sale (was it a flash? Or maybe GMG?), so I'll jump on it at 66% off if it wins.

Something about Swedish metal music. I think. It was probably discussed about 200 pages ago (Xmas eve maybe).[/QUOTE]

I played it through the first world, it's a very entertaining platformer. Some tough parts but checkpoints are spread out well. And no lives limit.

[quote name='Flowette']There was a LOT of love for Giana Sisters in this thread when it popped up on a sale (was it a flash? Or maybe GMG?), so I'll jump on it at 66% off if it wins.

Something about Swedish metal music. I think. It was probably discussed about 200 pages ago (Xmas eve maybe).[/QUOTE]

Both actually I think (steam/GMG).
And demo up on steam too. but it has to win right!?

Machinae Supremacy did the soundtrack.

It's pretty good.

What I like about Giana Sisters is that it's challenging without feeling punishing. I don't feel like every level is intentionally trying to punish me for attempting to progress through it. Instead, they present challenges that may look incredibly difficult at first, but can be overcome, especially if you sometimes take a moment to think of what actions need to be taken which is nice since there's no time limit for the levels either. I've completed 2 out of the 3(?) worlds so far, and have been thoroughly enjoying the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back