The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, following somewhat in THQ's footsteps, Atari US Operations File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. They just put Baldur's Gate on Steam, hopefully they're still around and selling it by the time the Summer sale comes around! Although maybe now it'll be the BTA on the latest Humble Bundle!(?)

Also the big THQ IP auction should be happening soon, so we'll probably know this week which game company buys what franchises.

[quote name='jshackles']Well, following somewhat in THQ's footsteps, Atari US Operations File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. They just put Baldur's Gate on Steam, hopefully they're still around and selling it by the time the Summer sale comes around! Although maybe now it'll be the BTA on the latest Humble Bundle!(?)

Also the big THQ IP auction should be happening soon, so we'll probably know this week which game company buys what franchises.[/QUOTE]

Nooooo! Atari had the rights to the Land of the Dead VG but they stopped selling it/supporting it period. Now it might be lost in the abyss forever.

[quote name='jshackles']Well, following somewhat in THQ's footsteps, Atari US Operations File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. They just put Baldur's Gate on Steam, hopefully they're still around and selling it by the time the Summer sale comes around! Although maybe now it'll be the BTA on the latest Humble Bundle!(?)

Also the big THQ IP auction should be happening soon, so we'll probably know this week which game company buys what franchises.[/QUOTE]

atari and thq should combine for a bankruptcy bundle. pay $1 and get every game they ever made.

[quote name='dracula']atari and thq should combine for a bankruptcy bundle. pay $1 and get every game they ever made.[/QUOTE]

But I already own some of them!!!!! I'll give 67 cents. TOPS!!!!!! CAG's be CAG'ing lol

Atari's Steam Games in case anyone was looking for a list. They've updated the article I linked and basically, Atari US is trying to free itself from debt from Atari France(?), but they expect to be operating normally going forward. Hard to say how it will turn out for them though, I really hope for the best.

[quote name='DPsycho']Alan Wake Me When These Jokes Are Over. ;)[/QUOTE]

You sir win the thread :)

[quote name='dracula']atari and thq should combine for a bankruptcy bundle. pay $1 and get every game they ever made.[/QUOTE]

We all already own every THQ game (Except MX vs ATV) and the only Atari games that look good are Riddick and Baldur's Gate...

But still, padding out the Steam catalogue - I'm sure one day it''ll save my life, get me a GF, cause the release of HF3 etc...

AND THE STEAM CALCULATOR SITE IS STILL DOWN!

We all already own every THQ game (Except MX vs ATV) and the only Atari games that look good are Riddick and Baldur's Gate...

But still, padding out the Steam catalogue - I'm sure one day it''ll save my life, get me a GF, cause the release of HF3 etc...

AND THE STEAM CALCULATOR SITE IS STILL DOWN!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Nooooo! Atari had the rights to the Land of the Dead VG but they stopped selling it/supporting it period. Now it might be lost in the abyss forever.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine by now the license to that expired, and Atari sinking would have no real effect in the matter.

Anyone checked this site out yet?

http://www.galagiveaways.com/home

It's like steamgifts but slightly different. You start out with an amount of points based on how many games you have on steam (more games = more points... kinda weird but ok). And after spending those you can earn points by creating giveaways (or by doing nothing, but far less of course).

The fun of this is that you can set your own enter price. There's a formula that calculates the amount of points you gain, influenced by #of entries and price.

It's still far from optimal, needs more improvements but the community is growing and it's kinda fun giving away games there. Even if it's mostly bundle fodder for now.

Spec Ops the Line is 5 bucks at Gamefly. Mainly mentioning it because that means Amazon might do one of their auto-pricematch things and make it free with the Editor's Choice coupons for a few hours if you're the type to keep an eye out for such things.

[quote name='Corpekata']Spec Ops the Line is 5 bucks at Gamefly. Mainly mentioning it because that means Amazon might do one of their auto-pricematch things and make it free with the Editor's Choice coupons for a few hours if you're the type to keep an eye out for such things.[/QUOTE]

I dont think they PM Gamefly

[quote name='Idiotekque']Already have Riddick and BG on GOG... and Riddick is free from that dastardly Tages on GOG. I think I'll stick with what I've got.[/QUOTE]

Same here. And the GOG version of Riddick is even cheaper!

[quote name='Corpekata']Spec Ops the Line is 5 bucks at Gamefly. Mainly mentioning it because that means Amazon might do one of their auto-pricematch things and make it free with the Editor's Choice coupons for a few hours if you're the type to keep an eye out for such things.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jatan11t']I dont think they PM Gamefly[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that since it was already on sale this month, it isn't likely they'd do it again.

[quote name='jshackles']Atari's Steam Games in case anyone was looking for a list. They've updated the article I linked and basically, Atari US is trying to free itself from debt from Atari France(?), but they expect to be operating normally going forward. Hard to say how it will turn out for them though, I really hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the head's up. Jake Nome helped me get the Act Of War games during the Holiday sale. So at this point, the only games that I really, really want from that list are Baldur's Gate & Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.

I guess I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of other games on that list if things degenerate to the point that they have to do a firesale. But frankly, I could live without most of that. It's not quite the same caliber of games as THQ has/had in their catalog.

[quote name='jshackles']Atari's Steam Games in case anyone was looking for a list. They've updated the article I linked and basically, Atari US is trying to free itself from debt from Atari France(?), but they expect to be operating normally going forward. Hard to say how it will turn out for them though, I really hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

just glancing over that list i can see why they're going belly up

[quote name='Corpekata']I'd imagine by now the license to that expired, and Atari sinking would have no real effect in the matter.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not. I wondered about that. I'm assuming that's why they stopped selling it, but it's odd no one's taken the initiative to sell it digitally. I still have my boxed copy, but no clue how it would run on Windows 8.

[quote name='vince_carter']so amazon france is taking gtav preorders for PC

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta...possible-price-and-system-requirements-posted

while it could just be a mistake, Amazon France has also leaked some game details, rather accurately such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and The Killzone Trilogy.[/QUOTE]

Is there a french language GTA? I find the french language so un intimidating. Would love to hear GTA style threats in french.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Is there a french language GTA? I find the french language so un intimidating. Would love to hear GTA style threats in french.[/QUOTE]

sacre bleu!

If you have an account on the Paradox forums, check your email. They're giving out Steam codes to Europa Universalis III: Chronicles to celebrate reaching 500,000 forum members.

[quote name='vince_carter']so amazon france is taking gtav preorders for PC

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta...possible-price-and-system-requirements-posted

while it could just be a mistake, Amazon France has also leaked some game details, rather accurately such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and The Killzone Trilogy.[/QUOTE]
I am kinda weary about buying anything Rockstar makes for PC. Max Payne 3 was like what 30-35 gigs, and GTA IV was a horrible port until they patched it and made it playable. Not to mention the DRM on that game.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I am kinda weary about buying anything Rockstar makes for PC. Max Payne 3 was like what 30-35 gigs, and GTA IV was a horrible port until they patched it and made it playable. Not to mention the DRM on that game.[/QUOTE]

max payne is obnoxiously big but it's a solid port, also no GFWL. being there most recent release it's probably a safe bet gta5 won't use it either. the rockstar social club stuff didn't bother me too much, just sign in once click auto login and forget it's there.

[quote name='vince_carter']max payne is obnoxiously big but it's a solid port, also no GFWL. being there most recent release it's probably a safe bet gta5 won't use it either.[/QUOTE]

Don't know that I'd agree. GTA is their golden goose franchise. I could see them going overboard with the DLC in that game moreso than lesser franchises like Max Payne or Man Hunt.

[quote name='asheskitty']Given the Magicka weekend, I'm going to guess the daily with be Hydrophobia (at more than the $1.24 it usually hits on daily).[/QUOTE]

Hah... Portal 2

[quote name='Broken Cage']Don't know that I'd agree. GTA is their golden goose franchise. I could see them going overboard with the DLC in that game moreso than lesser franchises like Max Payne or Man Hunt.[/QUOTE]

rockstar is one of the very few devs who do dlc right imo, they release legitimate expansions. doubt that changes now.

[quote name='vince_carter']rockstar is one of the very few devs who do dlc right imo, they release legitimate expansions. doubt that changes now.[/QUOTE]

Gah, I meant DRM. That was one of those embarassing brain farts where my fingers went right and my brain went left.

I think they'll stock up on DRM for GTA5, even if they didn't do so for their smaller franchises.

I apologize for being stupid. It's genetic.

[quote name='The End']If you have an account on the Paradox forums, check your email. They're giving out Steam codes to Europa Universalis III: Chronicles to celebrate reaching 500,000 forum members.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on that. Almost trashed my key lol

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Is there a french language GTA? I find the french language so un intimidating. Would love to hear GTA style threats in french.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard French spoken by a French person? Not a Canadian, or Haitian, or Belgian, but a real from France Frenchman? It sounds far from the sweet melodic language depicted in the movies. It's very throaty and phlegm-y. It sounds closer to Arabic than to Spanish/Italian. It's kinda gross.

Waiting for a Farsi voiced GTA.

[quote name='hostyl1']Have you ever heard French spoken by a French person? Not a Canadian, or Haitian, or Belgian, but a real from France Frenchman? It sounds far from the sweet melodic language depicted in the movies. It's very throaty and phlegm-y. It sounds closer to Arabic than to Spanish/Italian. It's kinda gross.

Waiting for a Farsi voiced GTA.[/QUOTE]

Southern French. /shudder
(Southern French is to Parisian French what Southern Drawl is to American English. To me it sounds like they are mumbling heavily.)

I'm Southron. Where I'm at, we have more than just the stereotyped cracker twang - there's the Savannah drawl, Creole (cajun or coonass is what we call it), and Appalachian. All are distinctly different to my ears but I love hearing them.

I guess what y'all call American English, we call Yankee. :whistle2:k

[quote name='cranky2']I'm Southron. Where I'm at, we have more than just the stereotyped cracker twang - there's the Savannah drawl, Creole (cajun or coonass is what we call it), and Appalachian. All are distinctly different to my ears but I love hearing them.

I guess what y'all call American English, we call Yankee. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

^_^ Right. Sorry. I approach it from more of a general international perspective, American English to distinguish from proper/BBC English (and the various terrible regional/class dialects in the UK), German English, various colonial English. Internationally American English is close to Californian English.

I have a close friend from Southern Ohio who can speak Appalachian English on demand =D. I remember one kid from Alabama I met who's dialect was so laid back I got impatient listening to him. I've also run into some downright charming dialects in parts of TX and LA. ^_^

I swear that I'm literally the only person in the world that doesn't like GTA. I like all of their other games but GTA just feels blah to me. RDR on the other hand...

[quote name='hostyl1']Have you ever heard French spoken by a French person? Not a Canadian, or Haitian, or Belgian, but a real from France Frenchman? It sounds far from the sweet melodic language depicted in the movies. It's very throaty and phlegm-y. It sounds closer to Arabic than to Spanish/Italian. It's kinda gross.

Waiting for a Farsi voiced GTA.[/QUOTE]

I would say that the typical Frenchman doesn't sound throaty at all. However, there are lots of people in France that speak with something that resembles an arabic accent (for example, listen to Booba on youtube)

[quote name='asheskitty']... to distinguish from proper/BBC English (and the various terrible regional/class dialects in the UK), [/QUOTE]
Oi!

Less o' that tongue lass, I'll set me whippet on yer.

Anybody knows the lowest DmC preorder can be bought for? Im thinking of selling it on the trade thread for 27$ but I dont know if it has been cheaper somewhere else.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I swear that I'm literally the only person in the world that doesn't like GTA. I like all of their other games but GTA just feels blah to me. RDR on the other hand...[/QUOTE]
You're not. I have a couple of friends who hate it, and I don't like it all that much myself.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Anybody knows the lowest DmC preorder can be bought for? Im thinking of selling it on the trade thread for 27$ but I dont know if it has been cheaper somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Greenman is the cheapest I think. 37ish if I recall.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Anybody knows the lowest DmC preorder can be bought for? Im thinking of selling it on the trade thread for 27$ but I dont know if it has been cheaper somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

JakeNome was selling it for 35$ so still your price is lower.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Already have Riddick and BG on GOG... and Riddick is free from that dastardly Tages on GOG. I think I'll stick with what I've got.[/QUOTE]

I have Riddick: Dark Athena from Retail DVD.
Did they ever officially remove the DRM from retail version in a patch?

EDIT:
[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I swear that I'm literally the only person in the world that doesn't like GTA. I like all of their other games but GTA just feels blah to me. RDR on the other hand...[/QUOTE]
I so wish R* would bring RDR to the PC....

EDIT 2:
[quote name='Broken Cage']Gah, I meant DRM. That was one of those embarassing brain farts where my fingers went right and my brain went left.

I think they'll stock up on DRM for GTA5, even if they didn't do so for their smaller franchises.

I apologize for being stupid. It's genetic.[/QUOTE]

R* seems to like/want to stock-up on DRM levels.

Max Payne 3 PC & LA Noire PC = requires RSC + GameShield DRM.
GTA4 PC + EFLC PC = requires RSC + Securom DRM + G4WL.

Buy a Steam-version of any of those - ALSO add Steam DRM on top.
Seriously - on the Steam-version, there's NO NEED for them keeping the GameShield DRM and/or Securom DRM active - Steam does DRM just fine in their versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
So a review of Ravaged: The Post Apocalyptic Vehicle Focused Multiplayer Shooter that Cannot Even Give Itself Away to People to be Played.

In a word, clunky. It looks nice enough, but controls are lacking, especially in the driving of vehicles, a main focus of the game. I was driving an ATV and I had already let go of the A key, and the vehicle continued to turn another 80 degrees. Another issue with vehicles is their tendency to get stuck in various objects. Such as walls, pipes, blocks, rocks, and just about any other object on the map. On the other hand, helicpoters probably don't have that problem and should work fine, I cannot verify this though as I could never successfully have one take off, but I did view another player flying one quite competently. Similar to previous experiences I have had in BF3.

Presentation in game is a problem as well. The HUD is very sparse, as in I often didnt actually find what I was looking for quickly. And when I just attempted to play, there were only 52 players in the world. And only 6 servers with any population. And most of that on just 2 servers, both with less than 20 each. But I will say it was easy to find the servers upon start up.

And the game only crashed once.

In conclusion, if it was far more polished with an active player base, I'd definitely recommend it, but as it is, it's just a sad indie shooter, destined to be forgotten before it can achieve greatness. And I don't recommend it. But the devs are pretty nice guys at least. Best luck to them.

Next on my list of forgotten shooters, a review of Shattered Horizon. Sometime in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back