The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='2wicked']Anyone notice borderlands 2 skin dlc packs added yesterday?[/QUOTE]
Did.

Nice and cheap, waiting for a 50% off sale though.

[quote name='The End']Added to wishlist.

Is this the result of the kickstarter drive that they ran a while back? I remember that they ultimately wanted to do a sequel, but they fell short of that goal and had to settle on an expansion instead.[/QUOTE]

Yes this is the kickstarter DLC they wanted to make. The kickstarter was a bit misleading. They called it a DG2 kickstarter but it was really to make this DLC. They were asking for 250k, part 2 would be made if they reached 1 million but they only got to 270k.

Sims 3 for $7.50 peaks my interest, but I've seen it for $10 previously like in May, should I just get it or wait until the basically start giving it away (< $5)?

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I bought the pack. The only games that explicitly say DRM-Free are Baldur's Gate I & II, and Icewind Dale I & II. None of the other games actually say what protection they have but I will try and figure out as much as I can, download speeds and harddrive space permitting.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the Mysteries of Westgate expansion for Neverwinter Nights 2 listed in your games list? I bought the pack and don't see the expansion.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']Do you have the Mysteries of Westgate expansion for Neverwinter Nights 2 listed in your games list? I bought the pack and don't see the expansion.[/QUOTE]

I haven't bought mine yet, so I cannot confirm.

Try this:
Reset your GameStop PC App data using the instructions below and you should be good to go.
Please do the following within the PC App:
-Click the blue menu button in the upper left
-Choose 'Settings...'
-Click the 'Reset Data' button
-Close the GameStop PC App and re-launch it. You may notice a long update time, which is normal as it is rebuilding the deleted info.

Otherwise try posting on the GS forums https://forums.impulsedriven.com/forum/515 They seem pretty responsive.

[quote name='MuzikVillain']Sims 3 for $7.50 peaks my interest, but I've seen it for $10 previously like in May, should I just get it or wait until the basically start giving it away (< $5)?[/QUOTE]

I suspect EA won't get around to "giving away" the Sims 3 until the Sims 4 comes out.

Edit: Eliminated those other irrelevant quotes that existed for a multi-quote post I decided was unnecessary. I apologize for any confusion.

For those allergic to the Amazon thread Tony posted those Microsoft deals from earlier in the month are going to be their deal of the week next week. 10 bucks each for Arcade pack, Fable pack, and AoE3, all of which can have coupons used on them.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I suspect EA won't get around to "giving away" the Sims 3 until the Sims 4 comes out.[/QUOTE]

They aren't exactly giving away Sims 2 either. These Sims games last a long long time and as long as expansions come out they keep the prices up.

Man, some of those Free Bundle games look good. Why do I keep buying games and then spending most of my free time either with free entertainment or focusing on one or two retail games at a time? That does it, I'm playing Defender's Quest tonight.

[quote name='MuzikVillain']Sims 3 for $7.50 peaks my interest, but I've seen it for $10 previously like in May, should I just get it or wait until the basically start giving it away (< $5)?[/QUOTE]

piques.

[quote name='asheskitty']I haven't bought mine yet, so I cannot confirm.

Try this:
Reset your GameStop PC App data using the instructions below and you should be good to go.
Please do the following within the PC App:
-Click the blue menu button in the upper left
-Choose 'Settings...'
-Click the 'Reset Data' button
-Close the GameStop PC App and re-launch it. You may notice a long update time, which is normal as it is rebuilding the deleted info.

Otherwise try posting on the GS forums https://forums.impulsedriven.com/forum/515 They seem pretty responsive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. Looking through that forum it looks like the expansion is built into the base game so it doesn't have a separate download. Unfortunately it will be awhile before I get a chance to install it and confirm if it is there.

[quote name='elessar123']Thank you! That was bugging me. Pet peeve.[/QUOTE]

Contrary to popular belief, a pet peeve is not a domesticated animal that produces nutritious and valuable milk.

The more you know.

I was in a racing mood tonight so I turned on Burnout Paradise for like 30 mins. I must admit, I enjoy this game way more than the new NFS speed game. Mostly because the controls are way better than NFS:MW and the game just seems easier to deal with the stiff controls and there is less tight ass on the dime turns.

[quote name='Corpekata']For those allergic to the Amazon thread Tony posted those Microsoft deals from earlier in the month are going to be their deal of the week next week. 10 bucks each for Arcade pack, Fable pack, and AoE3, all of which can have coupons used on them.[/QUOTE]

Too lazy to search Amazon thread: what Fable pack do you speak of, sir?

[quote name='Eldredpe']I suspect EA won't get around to "giving away" the Sims 3 until the Sims 4 comes out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']They aren't exactly giving away Sims 2 either. These Sims games last a long long time and as long as expansions come out they keep the prices up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's exactly what I thinking, but just wanted an extra opinion on the matter. I remember just struggling to find a decently priced copy of Sims 2 a few years back after getting hooked playing my cousin's barely playable scratched copy. :-({|=

[quote name='DPsycho']piques.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']Thank you! That was bugging me. Pet peeve.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about my "peaks" :dunce:

[quote name='gentlyporking']GamersGate also sells it (I bought it from them last year and used their client to download the whole thing).
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection[/QUOTE]

As pointed out by others, the Gamersgate versions are the GOG versions as well. The only copies of those games available in a digital manner are GOG versions.

Hint: Look at the screenshots. The Player Character names, in particular.

[quote name='warreni']Too lazy to search Amazon thread: what Fable pack do you speak of, sir?[/QUOTE]

Fable, Fable 3, all DLC for 10 bucks. Steam keys. Coupon nukes it down to 5.

[quote name='Corpekata']Fable, Fable 3, all DLC for 10 bucks. Steam keys. Coupon nukes it down to 5.[/QUOTE]

If only it also had a Fable 2 PC port...

I have all 3 Fable games on Xbox / 360, yet the only one I've played is Fable 2, so it kind of works out for me. I really need to just sell or trade in every console game that I've rebought on Steam over the last few years. :/

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']Yes this is the kickstarter DLC they wanted to make. The kickstarter was a bit misleading. They called it a DG2 kickstarter but it was really to make this DLC. They were asking for 250k, part 2 would be made if they reached 1 million but they only got to 270k.[/QUOTE]

They're seeking the rest of the funding for Defense Grid 2 through private sources. Anyone locked into the kickstarter will get that game automatically when it is released.

And just in case anyone hasn't bought Defense Grid... do it!

[quote name='MuzikVillain']Yeah that's exactly what I thinking, but just wanted an extra opinion on the matter. I remember just struggling to find a decently priced copy of Sims 2 a few years back after getting hooked playing my cousin's barely playable scratched copy. :-({|=[/QUOTE]
Contact Origin support. They should be able to give you an Origin copy of the Sims 2 (and expansions) if you have the retail copies.

If your retail copy save data is connected to the Sims 2 Store Edition (which came with most new expansions), you're not going to be able to transfer your sims over to the Origin install... Not without extremely difficult work.

That Fable Pack sounds really good to me. I don't have any of those EC coupons though. Such a shame. I would gladly buy it for $5 but I'd be stuck buying it for $10. If anyone still has a bunch of those EC coupons then I would gladly send them $5 Amazon credit in exchange for the pack. Send me a PM if you are willing to help out when the deal goes live ;) You can't buy Amazon gift cards using credit/send credit. WTF Amazon?

If not I can gladly live without it. Played through and own all 3 on Xbox 360. Sucks that there was never a Fable 2 PC port :(

[quote name='Captain Urahara']That Fable Pack sounds really good to me. I don't have any of those EC coupons though. Such a shame. I would gladly buy it for $5 but I'd be stuck buying it for $10. If anyone still has a bunch of those EC coupons then I would gladly send them $5 Amazon credit in exchange for the pack. Send me a PM if you are willing to help out when the deal goes live ;)

If not I can gladly live without it. Played through and own all 3 on Xbox 360. Sucks that there was never a Fable 2 PC port :([/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I used my only coupon on Spec Ops. If anyone has an extra and would help out a new CAG, feel free to PM me! :D

[quote name='deftrance']I'm in the same boat. I used my only coupon on Spec Ops. If anyone has an extra and would help out a new CAG, feel free to PM me! :D[/QUOTE]

Me three! I've been waiting forever for a decent price on Fable III and I used my only EC coupon to buy a copy of Hotline Miami for a CAG I was going to trade it to for a key that didn't actually work. :roll:

Well, I'm gonna use this begging-post-streak to ask kindly, that If one of your coupons is going to be wasted, you can gift it to me, just 1 for the MFST bundle, anyway, It's ok if nobody's got any, I'll ´probably buy it at 10 bucks because I know the deal IS good, but... as this community has teached me, there's always a better deal :)

My train of thought as well, I can wait 'til it hits $5 honestly. Just sorta looks like a fun thing to dabble in.

Gonna bite on that Amazon Fable pack, got a ton a EC credit leftover.

[quote name='MC Kage']My train of thought as well, I can wait 'til it hits $5 honestly. Just sorta looks like a fun thing to dabble in.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my reasoning behind it. $7.50 is a nice price for The Sims 3, but I'm more than happy to wait for an even nicer price (i.e. $5 or less)

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Exactly my reasoning behind it. $7.50 is a nice price for The Sims 3, but I'm more than happy to wait for an even nicer price (i.e. $5 or less)[/QUOTE]

I'm doing that thing where I watch reviews, making it more tempting lol. I know I can wait but I want to be Martial Artist. sticking with a major in college is so one-dimensional...

I actually have a retail copy but I bought it for my sis, if only I could use it on more than 1 PC.

[quote name='MC Kage']My train of thought as well, I can wait 'til it hits $5 honestly. Just sorta looks like a fun thing to dabble in.

Gonna bite on that Amazon Fable pack, got a ton a EC credit leftover.[/QUOTE]
I'm not even sure Sims 2 has hit $5. >_>

Looks like the latest beta client added the ability to see unread chat messages. Not a full PM system; half-arsed measure. Still, somewhat useful.

Sorry if I noticed someone pointing this out but... The Darkness II is back at 7.49 on the EC list, so 2.49 with coupon.

Spec Ops: The Line is also this same price now.

New deals have flipped at GreenManGaming. Space Siege, Condemned, Hell Yeah, and Viking are all $3 after voucher (GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK ), which I believe is the best price any of them have been.

Anyone have an opinion on Space Siege?

[quote name='Genocidal']New deals have flipped at GreenManGaming. Space Siege, Condemned, Hell Yeah, and Viking are all $3 after voucher (GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK ), which I believe is the best price any of them have been.

Anyone have an opinion on Space Siege?[/QUOTE]
I was wondering about Space Siege as well, maybe someone can champion it like MysterD did for Silverfall.

[quote name='Genocidal']New deals have flipped at GreenManGaming. Space Siege, Condemned, Hell Yeah, and Viking are all $3 after voucher (GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK ), which I believe is the best price any of them have been.[/QUOTE]
Viking was ~$2.2 on GamersGate (glitch, was up for 6 hours or so), and I think that GMG had Hell Yeah for -75% at the same time as one of the 30% vouchers.

[quote name='plft']I was wondering about Space Siege as well, maybe someone can champion it like MysterD did for Silverfall.[/QUOTE]

I watched this gameplay video, and it looks almost exactly like Alien Swarm, which is free. Which means it's also like Alien Breed 1/2/3.

Space Siege

Alien Swarm

[quote name='Blade']I watched this gameplay video, and it looks almost exactly like Alien Swarm, which is free. Which means it's also like Alien Breed 1/2/3.

Space Siege

Alien Swarm[/QUOTE]

Well, it may look similar but by all accounts it's a mediocre space ARPG (something you can play by yourself); Alien Swarm is an L4D-clone (of sorts) in space and it really sucks as a single-player game.

[quote name='asheskitty']So Magicka weekend, Portal 2 Monday, Terraria Tuesday, and yet I'm having trouble figuring exactly what excitement Wednesday the weekend will bring. [/QUOTE]

50% off
Hotline Miami

Chivalry free weekend is the only real new deal here since it was 50% off before (and cheaper on gamersgate)

Ace of Spades is 50% off as the daily as well.

I already have both so they don't peak my interest at all. I hope this isn't a sneak pique of how their deals will be until the summer sail.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Chivalry free weekend is the only real new deal here since it was 50% off before (and cheaper on gamersgate)

Ace of Spades is 50% off as the daily as well.

I already have both so they don't peak my interest at all. I hope this isn't a sneak pique of how their deals will be until the summer sail.[/QUOTE]

Ohh YOU!:no:

I was just wondering if Chivalry was any fun after enjoying Mount and Blade multi.

As for Sims 3 so far i've gotten everything minus the stuff packs during various sales and overall think its a amazing game plus there is a ton of stuff to kill away hours with. Can't really go wrong with 7.50 and pick up some of the better expansions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back