The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='M_F_A_H']The GOG versions run flawlessly for me but the Steam versions don't. Something to consider.[/QUOTE]

I have Fallout 1 from GOG; and Fallout 2 from retail on disc.
Love those games. :D

I also loved Fallout 3 + New Vegas.

[quote name='MysterD']I have Fallout 1 from GOG; and Fallout 2 from retail on disc.

I also loved Fallout 3 + New Vegas.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. I wouldn't mind a nuclear holocaust, I've got some guns.

Posting this here as well as the GOG thread since most PC gamers hang out here:

Not Steam but Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with Alien Crossfire expansion is currently one of the "Classic EA Convoy" games on sale at GOG with a price of $2.39. Has anyone played this? I am a fan of the CIV games and thought AC might be fun with the space setting?

[quote name='spoderman']Sucks that you missed when Stacking was free on Raptr ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah. But I can't be bothered to race and try to collect the Raptr giveaways in the 15 seconds they're available. Bundle pricing will have to work :D

[quote name='Palinn']Posting this here as well as the GOG thread since most PC gamers hang out here:

Not Steam but Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with Alien Crossfire expansion is currently one of the "Classic EA Convoy" games on sale at GOG with a price of $2.39. Has anyone played this? I am a fan of the CIV games and thought AC might be fun with the space setting?[/QUOTE]

Alpha Centauri +expansion = Best. Civ. Game. Evar.

You like tech trees? Here's the tech tree after integrating the expansion pack. :bow:

[quote name='Palinn']Posting this here as well as the GOG thread since most PC gamers hang out here:

Not Steam but Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with Alien Crossfire expansion is currently one of the "Classic EA Convoy" games on sale at GOG with a price of $2.39. Has anyone played this? I am a fan of the CIV games and thought AC might be fun with the space setting?[/QUOTE]

An the Wing Commander Series, Dungeon Keeper 1&2, Nox, The Populous Series, Sim City 2000, MoH Allied Assault, Magic Carpet, The Ultima Series.... all pretty awesome games.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I've been waiting on a good deal on Stacking. It looks interesting but I'm fairly confident I'll play it twice, maybe three times and then get distracted so I haven't been willing to pay $10 or even $5 for it. I'll buy it in a bundle though.[/QUOTE]

This!
It's not like they've been silly cheap.

[quote name='MysterD']I have Fallout 1 from GOG; and Fallout 2 from retail on disc.

I also loved Fallout 3 + New Vegas.[/QUOTE]

FO1 from Ratioed FTP, PC retail, Mac retail, & Gog
FO2 just PC retail & Mac retail ... If had a OSX version I'd rebuy it again.
FO3 retail (played a bit then gave to a friend), later snagged the complete version on steam.
Amazingly I've only bought FO NV once (complete steam)

I do mean to finish those (maybe in the afterlife lol)

[quote name='spoderman']Sucks that you missed when Stacking was free on Raptr ;)[/QUOTE]
When the hell was Stacking free on Raptr? :(

[quote name='asheskitty']
FO1 from Ratioed FTP, PC retail, Mac retail, & Gog
FO2 just PC retail & Mac retail ... If had a OSX version I'd rebuy it again.
FO3 retail (played a bit then gave to a friend), later snagged the complete version on steam.
Amazingly I've only bought FO NV once (complete steam)

I do mean to finish those (maybe in the afterlife lol)[/QUOTE]
I bought FO3: CE from Retail week of release. Most I've ever paid for a vanilla game ($70).
Re-bought GOTY Edition (just to get ALL DLC) on Steam dirt-cheap - like when it was around $10 or so.

About FO:NV - got the Digital CE from GameFly (birthday present!); and all DLC via Steam.
I so love that Old World Blues DLC.

[quote name='MysterD']I bought FO3: CE from Retail week of release. Most I've ever paid for a vanilla game ($70).
Re-bought GOTY Edition (just to get ALL DLC) on Steam dirt-cheap - like when it was around $10 or so.

About FO:NV - got the Digital CE from GameFly (birthday present!); and all DLC via Steam.
I so love that Old World Blues DLC.[/QUOTE]
I got the New Vegas CE on release. Really cool edition.

Not the most I've ever paid for a game though... I have the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I got the New Vegas CE on release. Really cool edition.

Not the most I've ever paid for a game though... I have the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the FO:NV CE from Retail?
That FO:NV CE Retail looked awesome!

My FO: New Vegas Digital CE was the exclusive one from D2D (now GameFly) - it really only came w/ All Roads digital novel for an extra.

[quote name='MysterD']Did you get the FO:NV CE from Retail?
That FO:NV CE Retail looked awesome!

My FO: New Vegas Digital CE was the exclusive one from D2D (now GameFly) - it really only came w/ All Roads digital novel for an extra.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, retail launch. It was like $80 I think (I had a job then...).

It's very nice, and that novel is pretty cool. Although I do wish that the platinum chip included actually
was a chip containing advanced robot warfare programming
... :)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, retail launch. It was like $80 I think (I had a job then...).

It's very nice, and that novel is pretty cool. Although I do wish that the platinum chip included actually
was a chip containing advanced robot warfare programming
... :)[/QUOTE]

Trying to control Yes Man and Mr. House, eh? ;)

If you're a fan of Civ, I honestly can't recommend it enough. AC is a brilliant Civ-style game that's well crafted, and has arguably too much content even before you add the expansion in. ;D I can also chip in that the game runs perfectly well in Win7. For whatever my opinion is worth, Alpha Centauri (+Alien Crossfire) at $2.39 is a no-brainer.

[quote name='MysterD']Trying to control Yes Man and Mr. House, eh? ;)[/QUOTE]
Well, my character Rane and his harem of sla- er, party of companions just tend to kill em all and let God sort em out. Mr. House got a 44. mag in the skull, and I won't even tell you what became of Caeser and his football team.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, my character Rane and his harem of sla- er, party of companions just tend to kill em all and let God sort em out. Mr. House got a 44. mag in the skull, and I won't even tell you what became of Caeser and his football team.[/QUOTE]

LOL @ Caeser and his football team.
American football team or "football"/soccer team? ;)

[quote name='MysterD']LOL @ Caeser and his football team.
American football team or "football"/soccer team? ;)[/QUOTE]
Well seeing as they all look like linebackers who got dressed blindfolded, I'd gonna say American. Almost, almost, as atrocious as the 49ers.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Alpha Centauri +expansion = Best. Civ. Game. Evar.

You like tech trees? Here's the tech tree after integrating the expansion pack. :bow:[/QUOTE]

Woo! Very impressive! Did you make that?

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']I love Alpha Centauri. Never played with expansion, but its incredibly deep vanilla. Definitely my favorite civ.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']If you're a fan of Civ, I honestly can't recommend it enough. AC is a brilliant Civ-style game that's well crafted, and has arguably too much content even before you add the expansion in. ;D I can also chip in that the game runs perfectly well in Win7. For whatever my opinion is worth, Alpha Centauri (+Alien Crossfire) at $2.39 is a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I guess I will be picking it up asap. :)

[quote name='jrodri86']An the Wing Commander Series, Dungeon Keeper 1&2, Nox, The Populous Series, Sim City 2000, MoH Allied Assault, Magic Carpet, The Ultima Series.... all pretty awesome games.[/QUOTE]

I used to play Populous all of the time with a friend back in the day and probably still have the disc somewhere. Or maybe it came on floppies? I cant' remember now but we did have lots of fun!

[quote name='Palinn']Woo! Very impressive! Did you make that?
[/QUOTE]

No way. I'm not that artistic. My buddy Google found that pic for me. (It's also available in a zoomable PDF, if you actually want to try reading it.)

This is my favorite Civ Style game of all time. I love the political aspect of it and the tech tree. Still haven't played a civ game with the same level of political manipulation and back stabbing. The expansion makes it much better as well. I bought this earlier today when I saw it was on sale. It's been on my wish list since they added AC.

I used to own the discs but lost them. A few years ago i broke down and "acquired" this game through other means because I couldn't find the expansion anywhere for sale besides old retail discs selling for hundreds of dollars. Gog sold the original but without expansion so it felt pointless to me.

I would play the nice peacekeeper and be the center for information trade buying anything I can and selling to everyone else. Then when someone got in my way I'd pay off another ally country to go to war with them (generally in tech). They would then ask me to help and I get to maintain my peacekeeping status and not get negative points for starting a war. Once the country is all but destroyed, I turn them into a vassal state, surround them with my own cities and have them be my war declaring lackeys.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']In Arkane Studios, I trust.

Arx Fatalis = really good and underrated.
Dark Messiah = good and underated.
Dishonored = great.[/QUOTE]
Reminds me I need to play Arx Fatalis sometime, I've loved both Dark Messiah and Dishonored.

[quote name='asheskitty']Two new 5-key shift keys, tested and working ...and PC versions :razz:
CJC33-F9Z5C-ZCRJJ-JB3TT-J5HSR
5TK3B-Z9SWC-SWRT3-TJ33T-HZW3B[/QUOTE]
They worked, but I'm pretty sure they only gave one key each, not five.

[quote name='Idiotekque']They worked, but I'm pretty sure they only gave one key each, not five.[/QUOTE]

LOL crossed wires... at least they *worked* ;)

Ok, I finally picked up Alpha Centauri, since it has so many fans. I remember playing it as a kid and absolutely loving it, guess I could possibly give it a whirl again in the future for a couple of bucks.

This may seem like a bit of an off-the-wall question, but is Tomb Raider The Final Hours worth $1.50? Does it contain massive spoilers (I don't have the game and probably won't until it hits a $10 sale).

I think I'm going to bite on the Fallout collection since it's only $6.79 for those 3 games which I've never played before.

[quote name='darkrun']I think I'm going to bite on the Fallout collection since it's only $6.79 for those 3 games which I've never played before.[/QUOTE]

but are you going to play them? :lol:

[quote name='tfr']but are you going to play them? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Of course not! They will just be added to my backlog of around 5 games. (I just started Steam around a week ago.)

[quote name='darkrun']Of course not! They will just be added to my backlog of around 5 games. (I just started Steam around a week ago.)[/QUOTE]

I won't even get into how ridiclously big my backlog is, given its over many services - Origin, Gamersgate, Amazon DVG, GreenMan, Steam, Retail boxes, GameFly, GOG, and so on.

[quote name='darkrun']Of course not! They will just be added to my backlog of around 5 games. (I just started Steam around a week ago.)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! The newbies are so cute. :D

Milk + Nose

Calling 5-games a backlog...
...I hope he doesn't crack when his backlog starts talking to him.

[quote name='Pck21']Which of the Star Wars games is the best to get? I already have KOTR and both of the Force Unleashed games.[/QUOTE]
Republic Commando and Battlefront II are both really good. I also really liked Empire at War.

[quote name='asheskitty']Milk + Nose

Calling 5-games a backlog...
...I hope he doesn't crack when his backlog starts talking to him.[/QUOTE]

Does your backlog speak in different languages?
Or even w/ different accents? ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Does your backlog speak in different languages?
Or even w/ different accents? ;)[/QUOTE]

As High Priestess to the sacred Backlog, it's my duty to understand and interpret.

[quote name='Terlan']Republic Commando and Battlefront II are both really good. I also really liked Empire at War.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I had those in my cart so that's good lol. What about KOTR II and Jedi Academy?

Awwww, he's so little!

[quote name='annihilator']Give him a month. ;)[/QUOTE]

A month? Nah, son, he's single digit weeks away from his first summer sale. That shit is going to be fun to watch.

[quote name='Pck21']Ok, I had those in my cart so that's good lol. What about KOTR II and Jedi Academy?[/QUOTE]

Dude, just buy them all (is what I would have said before Steam stealthed a price increase on the pack).

So can anybody tell me if TR: The Final Hours has massive story spoilers? [quote name='warreni']This may seem like a bit of an off-the-wall question, but is Tomb Raider The Final Hours worth $1.50? Does it contain massive spoilers (I don't have the game and probably won't until it hits a $10 sale).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pck21']Ok, I had those in my cart so that's good lol. What about KOTR II and Jedi Academy?[/QUOTE]
I really liked Kotor II (more than the first one). If you get it be sure to get the updated mod for it that makes it much better on PC. As far as Academy I enjoyed it, but its not a must have if your on a budget.

Jedi Academy is great for the multiplayer, but Dark Forces 2 and Jedi Outcast have better singleplayer campaigns. It sucks that the Jedi Knight Collection isn't on sale.. that pack is a better deal. All of the Jedi Knight games are worth buying.

[quote name='asheskitty']As High Priestess to the sacred Backlog, it's my duty to understand and interpret.[/QUOTE]

Sacred, eh?
So, do you mean Sacred 1 Gold or Sacred 2 Gold? ;)

Are you going to read from "Book Of ARPG's, Verse 6:66"? ;)

I think that verse goes something like "Kill. Loot. Upgrade. Kill. Loot. Back To Town. Sell Equipment. Rinse. Lather. Repeat."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back