The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it isn't. It's been bundled by Amazon before and you will probably find it cheaper in the Steam Group Buy Thread that we all talk about.

It's not a bad price, but it's been better.
Viking has been in Amazon Sega bundles for $10 along with 4 other games, effectively coming out to $2 per game. It was also price mistake on Gamersgate for $2.15 I think? So it's been lower.

Well I just hit the point where there was just too much in the OP and CAG decided that was that and refused to save my edit. So I guess stuff will have to start being cut from the persistent deals section (yes I realize they are somewhat pointless), so if anyone wants to chime in on what is best to remove first (ie. what nobody will miss), that'd make things easier :)

Looks like Skyrim will be the next Community Choice, thus informing Steam that 40% is enough of a price cut on big-name games to get people to buy them.

Well I just hit the point where there was just too much in the OP and CAG decided that was that and refused to save my edit. So I guess stuff will have to start being cut from the persistent deals section (yes I realize they are somewhat pointless), so if anyone wants to chime in on what is best to remove first (ie. what nobody will miss), that'd make things easier :)

Might I suggest just Dailies and Flashes?

Maybe post persistent deals in a post here and then just link it in the OP.

Will save space and keep it from crashing.

Wow! I haven't checked the OP in a while, but I just did and I have to say you're doing an amazing job. There's so much content listed in it, plus all the free games and all the pre-order bonuses. Maybe your post is too awesome/concise for the forums? If you really need to delete some stuff, my vote is for the persistent deals that're 50% off or less. Dead Space, Crysis, Hitman, Witcher...they will probably be listed for cheaper at some point during the sale, or have been already. Highlighting games/packs that are highly discounted is a good idea, though.

Looks like Skyrim will be the next Community Choice, thus informing Steam that 40% is enough of a price cut on big-name games to get people to buy them.
Probably only won because it erroneously listed the price at $0.00 for a while. I demand a recount! (Or a higher discount, preferably the latter)

I feel as though I am the only one who bought Rogue Legacy at full price haha

I gladly bought it directly from the Devs' page (they provide a Steam key as well as a DRM-Free copy).

It is a small team and they made a game that I genuinely wanted to play more than many AAA titles so I figured I would support them... Plus I knew I would be getting plenty of good deals through Amazon and Steam in the coming month (which I have been hah)

That being said I really do hope it hits almost everyone's 'buy point' because it is buttloads of fun and I have gotten completely lost in playing it saying and "just one more run" far too many times to count haha
i got it for the $10 prerelease price from the devs

definitely one of my favorite games of the year

Well, let's face it, the Steam sale is the "mainstream" sale of the year. There are some good deals, but from my experience big sales on the big games aren't to be expected during Steam sales. You get those during the rest of the year keeping your eyes on random sales, glitches, etc.

Meh. Still not good enough for me to finally get the DLC; I've had the base game since release. This is getting ridiculous.

Is that a good price on Vikings battle for Asgard 3.74?
For what it's worth, that's the lowest price the game has ever been on its own, sans coupons or price mistakes. As others have pointed out, it's been in an Amazon bundle and it's part of the Total War collection, so you might be able to pick it up cheaper if you're willing to do some searching and/or wait a while. I picked it up for $3 on GMG a few months ago after a 20% off coupon (base price: $3.74).

new cards incoming, was finishing up some other sets and from my games saw these in my badge list

orcs must die 2

mark of the ninja

so at least those 2 will be on sale today

new cards incoming, was finishing up some other sets and from my games saw these in my badge list

orcs must die 2
mark of the ninja

so at least those 2 will be on sale today
And I'm actually in the office today, so I can't just boot up my laptop like I normally do for cards. By the time I get home they'll be worthless already. Joy.

That being said, both are excellent games, so if their sale price is 75% I would highly recommend getting both. I play the original OMD more than 2, tbh, but it's still a great game.

I have 5 minutes to decide, but I just can't pull the trigger on RollerCoaster Tycoon. $5 is a bit too rich for my blood. 

Imo, the persistent stuff is the most important part of the OP for many of us (at least the full-time CAGs).

Is that a good price on Vikings battle for Asgard 3.74?
It's a competent hack-n-slash. I enjoy the norse setting. They prettied up the PC release, but it is 30 FPS cap. I feel it only stands out with it's Norse setting & mythology. I enjoyed my time with it (I'm 1/3 through)

The Secret World :D I see the games on sale but the prices haven't taken effect yet.

dammit .... it was $10 on amazon :( $15 on steam

Is there a consensus on Football Manager 2013?  I know the critics liked it, but I've seen a number of complaints about the match engine.  I have FM 2011 so wouldn't mind upgrading, but only if the game's actually better.

Wow today is meh.

Except for Serious Sam 3, System Shock 2 and Sleeping Dogs. Buy those games.

Can't recommend Mark of the Ninja unless you don't want to 100% the game. The game turned into less a stealth game with many ways to approach a situation and more here do the ideal path the developers wanted you to take for me.

It's a meh day for me which isn't bad as it gives me a chance to recoup some money by selling cards. The only things I am tempted by are Orcs Must Die 2, and the virgil dlc for the new DMC.

Definitely tempted for OMD2. Still considering Dust, but at 50% off I am wondering how far out a 75% might be. 

Ended up getting Dust and Mark of the Ninja.

Is anyone not getting cards? I didn't get a card for that purchase or when I voted.
I think you only get cards every other or third vote you do.

Why isn't Dragonborn 50% like it was before, why! :whee:
I know! Madness, I say.

Nothing for me today, apparently.
Side note: Finally hit the 200 transaction limit for the Steam market, now I have to decide if I want to give them my personal information or just horde the cards. Hmm. :whistle2:k

Orcs Must Die has a demo if you are thinking about it. I won the original base game in a giveaway and proceeded to buy all the DLC and the sequel for it. I have 100+ hours between the two. Funny story and dialog, good music, awesome and interesting gameplay, lots of re-playability, and the sequel has co-op. Totally worth $9 for all of it.

Anybody know why when I add alan wake bundle (alan wake, american nightmare, and limited edition content) it shows up in my cart as alan wake french? Is this an error or is that how it comes up for US version.

I woke up for this?!?

Skyram DLC discount is worse, Crysis Pack is $3 cheaper if you buy Crysis Max & Crysis 2 Max separately.

Grabbed $0.99 SS3 DLC...

Tempted by DmC DLC

Still need to decide on Dishonored DLC..

That's what is really bumming me out was hoping for 9.99 again for it, I guess i'll wait for the daily to see if that makes it click it over if not i'll be a sad hamster.
Skyrim DLC (Dragonborn & Dawnguard at least) were 50% off on GMG with a 20% coupon, bringing those to $8 each. I passed since the Steam summer sale was imminent and was hoping for a 66%+ discount. I guess I'm on the lookout for a repeat of that deal.

IIRC, we've seen slightly prices on some flash sales than their daily version (newer BL2 DLC comes to mind), but I think this is the first time we've seen worse prices on the flash compared to the daily. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back