The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, Van Helsing looks pretty cool and I see that JShackles is giving it an enthusiastic thumbs up. Valve, do not dangle this carrot in front of me if you do not plan to deliver!

Fake Edit: Oh, it's 50% off. Bah. 

Okay, Van Helsing looks pretty cool and I see that JShackles is giving it an enthusiastic thumbs up. Valve, do not dangle this carrot in front of me if you do not plan to deliver!

Fake Edit: Oh, it's 50% off. Bah.
I'm totally buying that game.

...when it's 75% off.

I think Van Helsing is worth it at 50% off if you've exhausted Torchlight 2, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, etc. It's a pretty good little ARPG.

Not sure if I've had ridiculous luck or something but I've gotten one of each card at least. My last four were all different and the exact ones I needed for the badge o.o

Anyone have this music creator on sale? Yes I may be the only person asking about it but I been looking to get into learning music and this would seem like a great place to start with learning the basics (well I mean just learning about music theory anyway). Any opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a couple quick questions about Football Manager. This first one probably seems dumb, but is actually liking Soccer a requirement for this game? I hate Soccer and know almost nothing about it but I do really love sim games and just from a quick glance it seems like it's more of a simulation type game then an actual Soccer game and sounds kind of fun despite my dislike for the sport. Second question is there any way to buy one of the older versions on Steam? Llike 2012 or 2011? Since I don't know the teams or players anyway having updated current rosters doesn't matter much and I'd rather save a few bucks and get it dirt cheap to try it out. I did a quick search and all I saw available on Steam was the 2013 version.

I had a couple quick questions about Football Manager. This first one probably seems dumb, but is actually liking Soccer a requirement for this game? I hate Soccer and know almost nothing about it but I do really love sim games and just from a quick glance it seems like it's more of a simulation type game then an actual Soccer game and sounds kind of fun despite my dislike for the sport. Second question is there any way to buy one of the older versions on Steam? Llike 2012 or 2011? Since I don't know the teams or players anyway having updated current rosters doesn't matter much and I'd rather save a few bucks and get it dirt cheap to try it out. I did a quick search and all I saw available on Steam was the 2013 version.
1. I think it would certainly help, having a slight interest in soccer. I always found that half of the game's appeal is being able to immerse yourself into your team and believe that you've made that goal happen, be it through meticulous set-piece planning, the signing of an unknown starlet from Africa, or just sheer dumb luck. Who knows, you might find that playing FM gives you a reason to like soccer a bit more? I know a few people like that.

That aside, if you really dislike the sport I'm not sure it'll be for you.

2. Amazon might stock it, but overall you won't save much. The 75% discountcurrently on offer is as good as anything you'd get on older versions anyways. Plus, the current version introduced a "classic" mode which stripped out some of the more tedious management aspects such as training, organising friendlies, media appearances, reserve team management etc. which might suit you.

3. I burnt out on FM long ago (I played it religiously as a kid) but it's one of the top games in Steam's playlist for a good reason. Once you get hooked, it's hard to drop.

Disclaimer: Flowette won the League Cup with third-tier Burnley in Championship Manager 1 (published by Domark) back in 1993 and spent years trying to repeat the feat with little success.

Not sure if I've had ridiculous luck or something but I've gotten one of each card at least. My last four were all different and the exact ones I needed for the badge o.o
No, I only got one duplicate of the Getaway cards. The other five were unique. Still 4 more to go.

Waiting for 75% off, first. ;)

Too much backlog and currently playing too much (i.e. TR 2013 and TSW).
Probably will, too. Although I have to say this seems like the most stable game Neocore has produced yet. I'm just wondering whether it's ridiculously difficult like King Arthur.

Anyone have this music creator on sale? Yes I may be the only person asking about it but I been looking to get into learning music and this would seem like a great place to start with learning the basics (well I mean just learning about music theory anyway). Any opinions?
No, but it looks like a standard sequencer. Cakewalk has been making software like this for years. Bear in mind, though, if you have little or no understanding of music and how it works, these programs will not teach you anything. If you know about chords, pitch, timing, and how to actually play music, you can make really impressive music with it. Here's a good example of what you can do with musical knowledge, a few loops, and a sequencer app. This is using Sony's program, ACID Music Studio. I've been tinkering with various versions of ACID for years, but like you I have very little understanding of the fundamentals of music, so I'm not very good. The best I can do, for the most part, is string some loops together.

TL;DR version: this won't help you to learn about music.

Just to add on to what Flowette said - yes, FM is an immersive simulation. You can skip the actual match simulations and just get results. I actually approached this game kind of like you - I wasn't enamored of the actual game of football, but I was intrigued by the economics of player transfers and how the different leagues interacted globally in terms of economics. Kind of like Moneyball gone wild. Now I can tolerate football, understand and appreciate the game a lot more, and thoroughly love FM. It's like one of the baseball sims (Diamond Mind, OOTP, Baseball Mogul) but different - the presentation is definitely a cut above. I will recommend it to you if you are into sports sims.

As for FM2012, no one seems to carry the digital download anymore. You can grab FM2013 off of Amazon (Steam key) and use the GOONCAVE code to save 15% more (if you haven't used it already). $8.50 is more than reasonable for a gamble on this class of sports sim.

Hope that helped!

TL;DR version: this won't help you to learn about music.
I figured that, reason I was thinking about it was getting it for when I decided to learn music (and then apply it to something like this to make music). I guess I will wait till I actually learn stuff and it goes on sale again.

If you don't have Van Helsing but like that type of game you should buy it if it wins. But I fully expect the sheeple out there to vote for walking dead so I am not holding my breath for it winning.

1. I think it would certainly help, having a slight interest in soccer. I always found that half of the game's appeal is being able to immerse yourself into your team and believe that you've made that goal happen, be it through meticulous set-piece planning, the signing of an unknown starlet from Africa, or just sheer dumb luck. Who knows, you might find that playing FM gives you a reason to like soccer a bit more? I know a few people like that.

That aside, if you really dislike the sport I'm not sure it'll be for you.

2. Amazon might stock it, but overall you won't save much. The 75% discountcurrently on offer is as good as anything you'd get on older versions anyways. Plus, the current version introduced a "classic" mode which stripped out some of the more tedious management aspects such as training, organising friendlies, media appearances, reserve team management etc. which might suit you.

3. I burnt out on FM long ago (I played it religiously as a kid) but it's one of the top games in Steam's playlist for a good reason. Once you get hooked, it's hard to drop.

Disclaimer: Flowette won the League Cup with third-tier Burnley in Championship Manager 1 (published by Domark) back in 1993 and spent years trying to repeat the feat with little success.

Just to add on to what Flowette said - yes, FM is an immersive simulation. You can skip the actual match simulations and just get results. I actually approached this game kind of like you - I wasn't enamored of the actual game of football, but I was intrigued by the economics of player transfers and how the different leagues interacted globally in terms of economics. Kind of like Moneyball gone wild. Now I can tolerate football, understand and appreciate the game a lot more, and thoroughly love FM. It's like one of the baseball sims (Diamond Mind, OOTP, Baseball Mogul) but different - the presentation is definitely a cut above. I will recommend it to you if you are into sports sims.

As for FM2012, no one seems to carry the digital download anymore. You can grab FM2013 off of Amazon (Steam key) and use the GOONCAVE code to save 15% more (if you haven't used it already). $8.50 is more than reasonable for a gamble on this class of sports sim.

Hope that helped!
Thanks both of you for the replies, it's definitely intriguing me more now.

there is only two games on the community poll to choose from this time, The Walking Dead vs The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. Voted Van Helsing but I don't think it will win.

2 sales in a row Primordia lost a vote it should have won. And good thing Torchlight 2 beat out Gunpoint the other day. I was super concerned it wouldn't be at 75% at least 3 times this sale.

2 sales in a row Primordia lost a vote it should have won. And good thing Torchlight 2 beat out Gunpoint the other day. I was super concerned it wouldn't be at 75% at least 3 times this sale.
Very true. Though I am unsure which would be worse, if the community just votes very badly, or if it was secretly rigged and it was just the illusion of a choice.

there is only two games on the community poll to choose from this time, The Walking Dead vs The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. Voted Van Helsing but I don't think it will win.

The Walking Dead will win even though it's been on sale cheaper then the flash sale price in numerous places. Van Hellsing hasn't been on a "real" sale yet once.

Very true. Though I am unsure which would be worse, if the community just votes very badly, or if it was secretly rigged and it was just the illusion of a choice.
Has there ever been a community vote in which a game that did not win was never put on sale as a daily or a flash deal?

Has there ever been a community vote in which a game that did not win was never put on sale as a daily or a flash deal?
In the Summer 2012 Sale, Demigod was up for a community vote for a 75% discount, but didn't win. The game remained at 50% off for the remainder of that sale (no flash or daily deals), and didn't hit 75% off on Steam until later in the year.

Primordia last winter is the one I recall. I guess I shouldn't expect it or Gunpoint to ever win. They could be put in a vote together at 75% off with Alan Wake at 50% off and Alan Wake would win.

Seriously guys, is the Crysis games being 70% good enough, never played the first one and only played the second one on xbox. Has it been on for sale at a better price?

Seriously guys, is the Crysis games being 70% good enough, never played the first one and only played the second one on xbox. Has it been on for sale at a better price?
I bought the Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack from Amazon for $14 during the winter sales. That pack included everything except Crysis 3, so yes it has been cheaper. That was EA/Origin mind you.

The Community's Choice thing would be more interesting if the games put up for voting were all the same % off.  Poor Van doesn't stand a chance.

I can't believe I'm even considering Defiance, just have to keep reminding myself it will most likely be dead within the year.

Uhg. I haven't bought a thing. I want more deals like Alan Wake.

Is there anywhere where I can preview what I might get for crafting a set of cards?
Background, Emoticon, and a Summer Sale card, plus experience and a badge.

You can view the badge you will get from your Badges page, and to see the possible Backgrounds and Emoticons just search the market for the game that you are crafting for.

There is probably a resource that lists all of them, somebody else may be able to help with a link but I tend to just search the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back