The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a question for people who have bought Steam keys from Nuuvem before (most recently, the big discount on NBA 2K13). Is there any risk with getting your Steam account banned for activating keys from another country? I did some brief research on it, and saw people talking about Russian keys and VPN tricks being huge red flags. But I was wondering if just purchasing keys "not meant" for the US could cause problems. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this or has had previous Nuuvem keys on their account for awhile.

I have learned that trucking was definitely not a missed vocational calling in life, took me a good 20-25 minutes to back the trailer up to unload it in the tutorial, super satisfying though.
lol...welcome to the club! :) I think we all fondly remember our first time backing in. Gives you a new appreciation for truckers.

Anyone have any comments or experience with Nuclear Dawn? Seems like a good game but not sure.

As well as The Haunted: Hells Reach...

Thanks!

so there has been  5 price error with 75% and up 

1. tomb raider

2. csgo

3. just cause

4. falllout collection?

5. galatic complete

and many more errors yea for our the worst repetive and the best pricing error sale ever lol

so there has been 5 price error with 75% and up

1. tomb raider

2. csgo

3. just cause

4. falllout collection?

5. galatic complete

and many more errors yea for our the worst repetive and the best pricing error sale ever lol
I kick myself for missing every single one of them. :(

Edit: Never mind, got Fallout at least :D

Here's to KY Rt 0. hasn't had much love it seems. I want David Lynch™ the Game.

It's coming. Have some concept art:

DavidLynch.jpg

Can't even load the bloody page.... WFT, steam, servers down?

First time for everything, nobody's perfect, etc.

What is everyone's list of last minute purchases? trying to make sure I don't forget about anything
pondering...

3544a7f290a4ad381472c9db713c1926a475e8c7.jpg
Epic Quest table! $1.50

8bb060836ce2b0550f1574f20c9c02c450449e1c.jpg
50% so it would be stupid buttt...

4be68b3e2d5e842a76ab2e04216f003772a5dd02.jpg
$1.62 or Complete for $1.87

edd9b1cac45e57feb84007910bfdd85808af42c0.jpg
Probably cheaper in the trade forum if there was a separate key for Humble Weekly sale

header.jpg
75% - $0.74

Stop looking!

If titties could talk...

In America:

Violence & Gore is OK.

Consensual sex is taboo.

Also "legitimate rape" is a thing.

Also people who murder teens live the good life for a year -- profiting in the process -- until they're ultimately acquitted, inducing tears of joy in half the country and regular tears for the other half. Dubious donation-ledgers and book deals ensue.

Also George Zimmerman.

Reminds me of the $100,000 pyramid

519T4YEWKHL.jpg

Me too.

1. tomb raider

2. csgo

3. just cause

4. falllout collection?

5. galatic complete

I'm totally counting the pre-sale errors on Endless Space/Disharmony and the Sonic Pack.

The moral of the story? While Steam Sales may be on a spiraling decline of quality, we can still count on Valve to fuck things up enough to make even the most cynical CAGs look forward to the next one.

So this is the last day of the sale, does this mean nothing new from this point? Buy for whatever prices? I'm really REALLY bummed Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale didn't win the community vote then...

So this is the last day of the sale, does this mean nothing new from this point? Buy for whatever prices? I'm really REALLY bummed Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale didn't win the community vote then...
Not safe until the last round of flash & community at 2AM PDT.

will you be able to craft a summer sale badge after the sale is over? thats the true indicator of card value going up.
Not sure, I finally got my natural drops to craft mine, so I did.

pondering...

Epic Quest table! $1.50
I ended up getting SEVENTEEN tables for Pinball FX2 during the sale.

Epic Quest is the best of the bunch. Great animations and voice work, excellent table "flow" for getting combos, fun battle/loot mechanics. Plus, you get to keep your character upgrades in consecutive playthroughs. It's insanely fun.

Pretty sure i'm done buying pinball DLC for this sale. I really don't need the rest. No, really...I don't have to own them all. I'm sure I can wait until the next sale to get the remaining two table packs...

I'm 98% sure Summer badges will still be craftable after the sale. Otherwise, Valve is only hurting themselves, as there are tens of thousands of summer cards in play and removing crafting will drop their value to zero.

Also, a card I posted to the market two hours ago still hasn't appeared in the listings, sigh.

I ended up getting SEVENTEEN tables for Pinball FX2 during the sale.

Epic Quest is the best of the bunch. Great animations and voice work, excellent table "flow" for getting combos, fun battle/loot mechanics. Plus, you get to keep your character upgrades in consecutive playthroughs. It's insanely fun.

Pretty sure i'm done buying pinball DLC for this sale. I really don't need the rest. No, really...I don't have to own them all. I'm sure I can wait until the next sale to get the remaining two table packs...
I've been a bit torn on FX2 DLC...

Really I'm looking forward to The Pinball Arcade coming to Steam in August... from what I've tried of it, it's pretty decent sim-pinball (FX2 is video-pinball physics).

I'm 98% sure Summer badges will still be craftable after the sale. Otherwise, Valve is only hurting themselves, as there are tens of thousands of summer cards in play and removing crafting will drop their value to zero.

Also, a card I posted to the market two hours ago still hasn't appeared in the listings, sigh.
From the FAQ:

Will I be able to craft the Summer Getaway badge after the sale?
Yes, you’ll be able to collect the cards and craft the badge after the sale, but only with cards that have already dropped. When the sale ends, there will be no new Summer Getaway card drops.

From the FAQ:

Will I be able to craft the Summer Getaway badge after the sale?
Yes, you’ll be able to collect the cards and craft the badge after the sale, but only with cards that have already dropped. When the sale ends, there will be no new Summer Getaway card drops.
The basic idea is that right now when you craft a badge, you get a summer getaway card (along with emot and background from crafting game). After the sale, no summer getaway card drop.

The basic idea is that right now when you craft a badge, you get a summer getaway card (along with emot and background from crafting game). After the sale, no summer getaway card drop.
I suspect we'll see a return of (largely useless) coupons as the third reward for badge crafting. So if you are going to craft anything, craft now, as at least a summer card has a value of 10 cents or so and can be sold in the market. Good luck trying to average that for coupons.

I've been a bit torn on FX2 DLC...

Really I'm looking forward to The Pinball Arcade coming to Steam in August... from what I've tried of it, it's pretty decent sim-pinball (FX2 is video-pinball physics).
Pinball Arcade is superior. Not going to argue that, I have it on PS3 and I even threw in 10 bucks to kickstart the Terminator table.

While some of PFX2's tables are massively over the top and designed for unrealistic multiple-hour games, they are very creative and surprisingly addictive. Honestly, I don't really like half of the tables I got (stupid bundles), but tables like Epic Quest, Fantastic Four, and Captain America are definitely worth a buck fiddy each. Good community built around the leaderboards on Steam also. Gave me some reason to fill up those friendslist slots.

Guess you don't keep up on this thread much. [Edit: I take that back, you even replied to my original post. Derp.] There have been about half a dozen posts about it. I received one foil from a SSI booster pack, but don't take my word for it: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/308853-the-steam-deals-cards-thread-v8-summer-sale-encore-day-dragons-lair-499-the-cave-509-dead-island-499-gta-vice-city-249/page-433#entry10915027 (goes on for a few pages)

From the Official Steam Trading Cards FAQ:

How can I get a booster pack?

Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
  • Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
  • Etc.
Granted, the chances are very slim, but they're there.

I was responding with actual experience on my booster packs and that fact that I haven't seen someone claim to get one, NOT that it wasn't possible, as I know it is.

The post you quoted was you complaining about the layout of the booster page, I concurred, nothing to do with you claiming to have received a foil in a booster pack..

Reading comprehension FTW!

I've got a question for people who have bought Steam keys from Nuuvem before (most recently, the big discount on NBA 2K13). Is there any risk with getting your Steam account banned for activating keys from another country? I did some brief research on it, and saw people talking about Russian keys and VPN tricks being huge red flags. But I was wondering if just purchasing keys "not meant" for the US could cause problems. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this or has had previous Nuuvem keys on their account for awhile.
Nobody knows or has considered this? lol. I thought maybe with the talk of creating a Nuuvem thread, people would be sure the keys were ok to be used, haha.

photo-40021.png

Is this Gabe at 15?

(post-lipo)

Hmm I wonder if we can turn

google it --> duck it

I'm using that henceforth.

I'm #ducking Gilbert Gottfried mods for DuckDuckGo immediately.

Trackmania 2 Stadium had a price glitch of 35% off for a few minutes at the beginning of the sale. I was hoping that would return when Canyon was a flash sale, but it never came back and Nadeo said it was a "mistake" in the forums.
im talking bout the over 75% off i knew there alot of the unusual that will never happen unless it indie or llike alan wake it once in lifetime

Does anyone have any thoughts on AI War, it's $2.49 (75% off) and looks pretty intense?  On that same note would there be reasons for, or against, getting the whole package for $4.24?

so we know badge crafting will be available after the sale ends. new question, how long would it take for 40000 badges to be crafted so they would start gaining value.

1. tomb raider

2. csgo

3. just cause

4. falllout collection?

5. galatic complete

Blood Dragon was an error as well in one of the first Flash sales, although it wasn't 75% or up.

so we know badge crafting will be available after the sale ends. new question, how long would it take for 40000 badges to be crafted so they would start gaining value.
False question imo... would they gain value?

All the hardcore badge junkies surely took advantage of the card glut due to the summer sale... so who's left to pay more than a pittance for cards?

Probably no one cares but

Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack is $2.24
Wish I had checked the thread earlier to see that it was the Complete collection that was cheap. I have had GC2: Ultimate edition on my wishlist for awhile, and it was showing up as $2.24, but when I added it to cart it was $6.79, so figured it was just listing wrong on the wishlist page. Oh well.

Also was debating on Borderlands 2 Season Pass, but since its only 33% off instead of 66% off like earlier, definitely not grabbing it.

Did anyone pickup a extra Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle? I am so pissed for missing the flash sale. I fully intended on purchasing it and missing the deadline while I was out. Thanks for the help if you do...

Thanks whoever brought up Better DS3 a bit back. Got my controller to work with Vice City using DirectInput, couldn't figure out how to make it work with MotionInJoy.

Thanks whoever brought up Better DS3 a bit back. Got my controller to work with Vice City using DirectInput, couldn't figure out how to make it work with MotionInJoy.
^_^ Yep, it's so much easier to configure BetterDS3. I'm happy to hear you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back