The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't bother clicking the spoiler button if you don't give a crap about my personal life.

Same. I'm self-proclaimed socially retarded. People agree with it after knowing me for about a day.

I was isolated in a medical setting for 13 years starting at 15, so I totally missed out on the "finding yourself and making friends and being social" part of life. Often times, when my fiance and I are in disagreement, I will just stop mid-sentence, walk away and begin writing an email to her. It took her a while to get used to it, but spending an hour articulating my thoughts in detail through text is far, far easier and more effective than fumbling over myself and spending more time clarifying what I meant by what I said than actually saying anything. My brain-to-mouth connection is just plain broken (brain injury). I've met at least one hundred people in real life that I met online first, and their initial reaction is typically "Wow, you're way quieter in person."

It takes too much damn energy to speak. And yet some more irony: I run my own business doing technology-related support; I speak in public monthly to those who struggle with brain injuries, depression, and chronic pain (had two back surgeries); and I'm a full-time elementary school computer lab teacher. Makes no fucking sense, but it works. *shrug*

I've also noticed people consider me a lot more caustic, pessimistic, sarcastic and a bit of an asshole online, which is virtually opposite of my real life personality. There are a few parallels - my black and white way of thinking, the sarcasm and pessimism - but it's shrouded in a humorous tone and I make friends very easily. Long story short: not many friends online, but enough to get me annoyed for not having my own space offline. Being a gamer is the pits in this respect - as it and music are my outlets - which is why I'm always looking out for co-op games.

"Here, shut up and play."
I'm "diagnosed" with general anxiety disorder. But it's more than that simple label. Its creates a lot of difficulty for me socially since middle-school on. Although I have made strides, it still basically controls my life in a very negative way, more than even the closest to me know. Video gaming has always given me an outlet and relief from my "issues", incuding other chronic physical problems. I've also have met many gamers young and old with chronic issues either mentally or physically that truly enjoy gaming as a solitary experience as well as co-op and competitive. Gets them through very tough times, as it has for me. It's not well known but video gaming and the like affect people positively more than just having fun.

Thought it was a decent sale everything considered. Didn't really expect the big names to be sub-$10 for summer anyway.

Scribnauts - $4.99

Organ Trail - $1.24

SysShock2 - $2.49

StrikeSuitPack - $5.99

EuroTruckSim2 - $9.99

JustCause - $0.27

Fallout Collection - $2.99

Still have the following in my cart, as before-sale-is-over purchases:

RR Unbounded Complete - $6.24

Half Minute Hero - $2.49

You hit the nail on the head. You control the mood, the pace and the energy of the place. You can zone out and get lost in the music. Electronic music is especially great for this as everyone has a different experience and expressing it in their own way. There's no right or wrong, no judgement or humiliation, no negativity and conflict. I'm sure the drugs being passed around probably don't hurt either.

I'm definitely not one for the dance floor - with half my spine being fused together, I have trouble moving the top and bottom half of my body at the same time. So I stand close to the subs (I'm a basshead) or on stage behind anyone else DJ'ing, do a subtle jig with my legs, bob my head and I fit right in. My fiance grew up on hip-hop and top 40's, so she's the opposite... when she pulls me out to dance with her is the only time I know I'm being laughed at. Not in a "Haha, look at that idiot try to dance" way, but more of a "Wow, he looks awkward, but kudos for trying and at least he's enjoying himself!" People who know my past consistently pat me on the back at the end of the night for pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

Good for you!! \:D/ I applaud anyone who knowingly gets out of their comfort zone. We would all benefit from doing it more often.

And that's why I have a very well paid psychiatrist, to tell others that there's nothing wrong with me. Though I don't always express it properly, I like people. I just tried of cleaning them out of my meat grinder.
So what'll it be for dinner tonight ashes? Mexican? Indian? maybe a little Thai?

BTW, I'm not crazy...I have the papers to prove it.

I'm "diagnosed" with general anxiety disorder. But it's more than that simple label. Its creates a lot of difficulty for me socially since middle-school on. Although I have made strides, it still basically controls my life in a very negative way, more than even the closest to me know. Video gaming has always given me an outlet and relief from my "issues", incuding other chronic physical problems. I've also have met many gamers young and old with chronic issues either mentally or physically that truly enjoy gaming as a solitary experience as well as co-op and competitive. Gets them through very tough times, as it has for me. It's not well known but video gaming and the like affect people positively more than just having fun.
If only the general media/public could grasp this concept... music, movies and games (all evil, devil-worshiping, child-corruping, kitten-sacrificing activities) have quite literally saved my life in both indirect and direct ways more times than I can count. I come from a very splintered family, and my "second family" I made during my years playing WoW will always be in my contact list and be a part of my personal life.

As Idiot so subtly pointed out earlier, a great deal of people struggle with physical and/or psychological issues. Most are not comfortable speaking about them to strangers, but the anonymity of the internet allows them to create and project the persona they want, rather than falling into the terrible black hole of letting your disabilities define you. The general public certainly doesn't help, especially children and teenagers who can be so ignorantly cruel and so easily impressionable.

Good for you!! \:D/ I applaud anyone who knowingly gets out of their comfort zone. We would all benefit from doing it more often.
Agreed. I still prefer to call it Exposure Therapy... sounds more serious, committed and official. If my kid turns out to have any phobias, she won't have them for long. I can't help but laugh myself to tears when my fiance screams over a spider no larger than a pencil eraser and I corral it into my hand and flush it like it was a piece of fuzz while she watches in horror. Indifference can be a great ally. (For the fellow animal lovers out there - I flush because they always seem to return when I let them loose. That, and I never hear the end of it from the missus.)

I'll say, I worked up the courage to start posting on these forums and it's been great! (never did, as I always feel people will belittle me, always a case with everything. It's odd as I generally don't care about others opinions any other time) it's a small accomplishment, but a nice one :)

If only the general media/public could grasp this concept... music, movies and games (all evil, devil-worshiping, child-corruping, kitten-sacrificing activities) have quite literally saved my life in both indirect and direct ways more times than I can count. I come from a very splintered family, and my "second family" I made during my years playing WoW will always be in my contact list and be a part of my personal life.
Bingo, my thoughts exactly. My family is not splintered but no one really gets me in my family. I am like the outcast. My years of WoW while being addicted was like having a family. It was a social experience, interaction, like there were people who came together under a common goal. It was nice. As crazy as it sounds, WoW has made me a better person because I can talk to real people constantly. Although I stopped WoW, partially because of the soul sucking, partially because I don't have the time.

The media just finds gaming/music to be evil. Instead no one looks at the positive effects gaming have on people. I mean I am coming out more socially now but it's still hard for me to do. Having the steam thread is kinda like an odd community but hey I feel comfortable posting here.

Dammit, my one friend just sold me on why I need to buy Reus. Hopefully that either hits one of the last two flash sales, lol.

Bingo, my thoughts exactly. My family is not splintered but no one really gets me in my family. I am like the outcast. My years of WoW while being addicted was like having a family. It was a social experience, interaction, like there were people who came together under a common goal. It was nice. As crazy as it sounds, WoW has made me a better person because I can talk to real people constantly. Although I stopped WoW, partially because of the soul sucking, partially because I don't have the time.

The media just finds gaming/music to be evil. Instead no one looks at the positive effects gaming have on people. I mean I am coming out more socially now but it's still hard for me to do. Having the steam thread is kinda like an odd community but hey I feel comfortable posting here.

Dammit, my one friend just sold me on why I need to buy Reus. Hopefully that either hits one of the last two flash sales, lol.

I am sad I missed Trine 2 deal. Any chance it'll go on flash sale?

There's a chance.
lol a very small chance.

Also, I haven't completed 3. I'm waiting for a new computer so I can max out all the graphics and marathon the trilogy. It seems worth it.
From what I've seen in comparison videos, a maxed out ME3 isn't very much better than it's console versions. I always thought the ME series (thus far) have been very well made graphically on the consoles.

I highly recommend DA:O Ultimate Edition, if you like Baldur's Gate series (Strategic-style party-based RPG) and want a major time-sink.

I love the Mass Effect series, as well.

Mass Effect 3 was great, IMHO - except the last 5-10 minutes of the base game (before Extended Cut).
I can't recommend Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition also, One of the best Xbox 360 experience I had. Would of snatched it up again for the PC if it was 75% off.

I went through a very deep depression battling my chronic prostatitis, luckly online gaming broke the dark cycle, so to speak and more importantly taught me to relax and pay less attention to my flare ups.

I'll say, I worked up the courage to start posting on these forums and it's been great! (never did, as I always feel people will belittle me, always a case with everything. It's odd as I generally don't care about others opinions any other time) it's a small accomplishment, but a nice one :)

I've definitely found CAG a more welcoming community than most. Sure everyone likes to tease people over this and that, but for the most part I have had nothing but awesome experiences with nearly everyone I've met on this forum :grouphug:

And someone asked for Summer Sale Haul postings....

Sleeping Dogs - Movie Master Pack, Sleeping Dogs - Monkey King Pack, Omerta- The Bulgarian Colossus DLC, Grid, Drakensang, Project Freedom, Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, Plain Sight, Smash Cars, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - EP 1, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode II, Tiny Troopers, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Mode DLC, Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle, Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition, Worms Revolution - Season Pass Preorder, Worms Revolution 4-pack, Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Multiplayer Pack, Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Customization Pack, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed 4-Pack, Omerta City of Gangsters Pre-Order 2-Pack, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed: Metal Sonic Pack, Omerta The Con Artist DLC, Worms Armageddon, Omerta Damsel in Distress DLC, Omerta The Arms Industry, Towns, StarDrive, Waking Mars - Soundtrack, AquaNox + AquaNox 2, FTL: Faster Than Light + Soundtrack, Castle Crashers Pink Knight, Castle Crashers Blacksmith, RailWorks Network Southeast Class 47 Add-On, Railworks HST Pack 01, Train Simulator 2013 Deluxe, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Rayman Origins, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Afterfall Dirty Arena DLC, Project: Snowblind, Hunting Unlimited 2010, Dead Mountaineer's Hotel, Foreign Legion Bundle, Gemini Wars, A New Beginning - Final Cut, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, Gyromancer, Secret of the Magic Crystals, Puzzle Quest 2, Making History II: The War of the World, Supreme Commander 2 - Infinite War Battle Pack One, Front Mission Evolved, Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer Pack 2, Front Mission Evolved - Weapon Pack 2, Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer Pack 3, Front Mission Evolved - Map Pack 1, Front Mission Evolved - Last Stand Mode, Unity of Command, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Puddle, Thomas Was Alone, Jagged Alliance 2 - Wildfire, Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition, The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles Collectors Edition, Unity of Command - Red Turn DLC, Defense Grid: Containment DLC, Fly'N: Soundtrack Edition, Dungeon Siege 2, Dungeon Siege, Frozen Synapse: Soundtrack Edition, iBomber Defense, Frozen Synapse: Red DLC, Divine Divinity, Inversion, Spirits, Elemental: Fallen Enchantress, They Bleed Pixels Collector's Edition, Beyond Divinity, Chaos on Deponia, Stealth Bastard Deluxe + Soundtrack, Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Map Pack, Party of Sin Soundtrack, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Soundtrack, The Dark Eye, Rochard - Hard Times, Stealth Bastard Deluxe - The Teleporter Chambers, Under the Ocean, Magicka: Tower of Niflheim, Magicka: Free Jolnir's Workshop, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 4-pack, XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW), XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack WW, XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot DLC, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves, Euro Truck Simulator, DiRT Megapack (New 2013), RAGE The Scorchers DLC, LEGO Lord of the Rings, Ace of Spades Game and St. Valentines Day Massacre Pack Bundle, Dawn of War II: Retribution - Complete DLC Bundle, The Walking Dead: 400 Days, Hitman Absolution Suit and Gun Collection, Hitman Absolution Professional, Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars 3P, I Am Alive, Tomb Raider: Tomb of Lost Adventurer, Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4, Tomb Raider (ROW), Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Siberian Strike, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: World Hunter Pack, Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Dark Souls, Scribblenauts Unlimited

also crafted a level 5 Summer Sale Badge for...some reason.
steam_summer_badge.png

I was this way for a very long time. I finally got the to the point where I just stopped giving a shit. Actually, I do, and a little pang of emotion flows through me for a brief moment before I move on. When all else fails, sleep it off.

Small accomplishments are accomplishments none-the-less; whether it's one step or one mile, you're still closer to where you want to be. I HATED the "baby steps" and "one day at a time" mantras spewed at me ad nauseam for years and years, but one day it finally "clicked" in my head and realized I'm just one man and can't take on the world even if I were unaffected by extenuating circumstances. Being with my fiance and seeing her go from a full-time boozer/partier to administrator of an assisted living center really helped me to acknowledge that we as human beings simply aren't wired to take on everything at once. We can try, but we always end up crashing and burning and sinking further down the hole because of it.

You hit the nail on the head. You control the mood, the pace and the energy of the place. You can zone out and get lost in the music. Electronic music is especially great for this as everyone has a different experience and expressing it in their own way. There's no right or wrong, no judgement or humiliation, no negativity and conflict. I'm sure the drugs being passed around probably don't hurt either.

I'm definitely not one for the dance floor - with half my spine being fused together, I have trouble moving the top and bottom half of my body at the same time. So I stand close to the subs (I'm a basshead) or on stage behind anyone else DJ'ing, do a subtle jig with my legs, bob my head and I fit right in. My fiance grew up on hip-hop and top 40's, so she's the opposite... when she pulls me out to dance with her is the only time I know I'm being laughed at. Not in a "Haha, look at that idiot try to dance" way, but more of a "Wow, he looks awkward, but kudos for trying and at least he's enjoying himself!" People who know my past consistently pat me on the back at the end of the night for pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

Tali is cool, especially after her whole debacle with her father and connection to the grand picture. Sometimes she was just a little too... whiny and immature (which is how she is meant to be perceived I believe) for my taste. She became a lot more tolerable once she came to understand things better and she wasn't placed in so many situations where they seemed to use her purely out of convenience.
Oh, I absolutely love hip-hop. That's my favorite genre of music. Though, I do also really like most other genres of music - such as rock; R&B; and even pop music. And their sub-genres, too.

I just am not much of a country music fan, though.

I don't know what it is w/ BioWare, but their needy and conflicted characters like Tali (ME3), Aerie (BG2), Merrill (Dragon Age 2), and Nathyrra (NWN: Hordes expansion) - those are some of my favorite characters that they've ever created.

About romances in ME series...

About Tali - I don't know why me and her character never fully "hit it off".

IIRC - I hit it off w/ Ashley in ME1; nobody in ME2; and finally Liara in ME3.

I was this way for a very long time. I finally got the to the point where I just stopped giving a shit. Actually, I do, and a little pang of emotion flows through me for a brief moment before I move on. When all else fails, sleep it off.

Small accomplishments are accomplishments none-the-less; whether it's one step or one mile, you're still closer to where you want to be. I HATED the "baby steps" and "one day at a time" mantras spewed at me ad nauseam for years and years, but one day it finally "clicked" in my head and realized I'm just one man and can't take on the world even if I were unaffected by extenuating circumstances. Being with my fiance and seeing her go from a full-time boozer/partier to administrator of an assisted living center really helped me to acknowledge that we as human beings simply aren't wired to take on everything at once. We can try, but we always end up crashing and burning and sinking further down the hole because of it.
Running up an escalator can cause you to fall down one, indeed. Glad to see you are a success, you really are a nice guy, along with everyone around on this forum. Except kitty, I don't trust kitty...yet :rofl:

It's probably too early for The Old Gods to go on sale. It just came out less than a month ago, I believe, and Paradox rarely discounts their most recent DLC expansion for CK2 at 75% until it's been out for a few months and/or the next expansion is out. Wait another month or two and it'll be at that $3.75 price point.

For me, the game I'm most disappointed at not getting is Expeditions: Conquistador. I really, really wanted it at 75% off, but the community had to go and not vote for it, of course. Hopefully there will be a deal on it sometime soon... 50% at $10 is just too much for me at the moment.

Thanks for the recommendation! I've read that Pacific, the sequel, is a better game than Midway, but would you recommend picking them both up? I'm interested in the campaign/single player, FWIW, and not really multiplayer.

Thanks for the heads-up. According to those posts, it looks like the demo has old versions of DRM in it that won't run on Windows 7. I wonder if that was patched out of the main game. I can't find anything either way. For now, will probably pass on it because of that, but I'll keep it on my wishlist.
I actually never got around to Pacific yet, but as the other poster mentioned it's probably the better game. I've piloted a plane, battleship, and submarine so far and only 4hrs into Midway.

I've definitely found CAG a more welcoming community than most. Sure everyone likes to tease people over this and that, but for the most part I have had nothing but awesome experiences with nearly everyone I've met on this forum :grouphug:
Oh yeah baby, gimme some of that loving! :grouphug:

And awesome job on the thread Mr. Squirrley. Everytime I see your posts I always think of Meatwad and his love for his pet squirrel. :D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lraZ0w8SAnE[/youtube]

I love how they can continue to vote sales but can't put up four new flash... Conquistador.  I hope Gabe has a heart attack.  These sales are so poorly designed now it's ludicrous.

Nvm, there they are... but no Conquistador.  More repeats.  Just Cause 2 was JUST ON SALE... oh God.

About Tali - I don't know why me and her character never fully "hit it off".
IIRC - I hit it off w/ Ashley in ME1; nobody in ME2; and finally Liara in ME3.
I don't know why, but I feel Ashley went with what Isabella went through, I mean seriously? Who changes like that naturally as an adult?! Bioware has an interesting choice in humor

I love how they can continue to vote sales but can't put up four new flash... Conquistador. I hope Gabe has a heart attack. These sales are so poorly designed now it's ludicrous.
What?! put up new deals rather than repeats you so crazy.

At least I can vote for Gunslinger... but unfortunately even if it wins it won't be PMed by amazon so I can't use GOONCAVE.  Besides, there's probably little chance it'll win against games with 75% discounts, even if those games have been on sale a dozen times before.

Wow... these flash deals are ridiculous...

They honestly think it's better to repeat a sale 3 or 4 times in a week instead of letting other games that lost community votes have their chance in the limelight?

edit: Not like it matters, but it's also funny how FC Blood Dragon has been on sale 3 times already with FC3, but this one time it wins community vote, only FC BD is on sale and not FC3.  Doesn't really matter but it just shows how weak the tail end of this sale really is.

This summer sale felt lazy. With as much fanfare/hype there is leading up to the steam sales now, you'd think they'd put more effort into it. Even if we don't consider the deals good, at least put out more variety. Counting the number of titles they recycled, they probably could have gotten this sale done in 4 days.

Reflecting back on the last few pages, it is both amusing and humbling to see that my dislike for public speaking (can't get much more public than the internet) has brought fellow CAGs out of the woodwork and open up a bit. Good stuff, good stuff. 

Back on topic for just a moment: I know I posted this a few days early, but I may as well join the club and share my mania-driven Summer of game sales

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! + DLC
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Amanita Bundle (Botanicula, Machinarium +OST, Samorost2)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Anomaly: Warzone Earth

A.R.E.S.
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
Bard's Tale
Ben There, Dan That
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Blocks That Matter
Borderlands 2 Creature Slaughterdome DLC
Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack
Castle Crashers + DLC
Chaos on Deponia
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
CS:GO

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
Defense Grid DLC
DmC Devil May Cry + Weapon Bundle DLC

Deponia
Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Bundle
Don't Starve
Drakensang: Phileasson's Secret
Dungeons of Dredmor CotW
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes

Eets
Endless Space + Disharmony

Euro Truck 2 (I hate you all.)

Fallout

Fallout 2

Fallout Tactics
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

F.E.A.R. 2 - Reborn DLC
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC

FTL Faster Than Light
Garry's Mod
GRID
Guns of Icarus Online
Hard Reset: Extended Edition
Hitman: Absolution DLC
Killing Floor Bundle
Lost Planet Colonies

Mafia II Betrayal of Jimmy DLC
Magicka - a few missing DLC
Maw, The DLC
Max Payne
Max Payne 3 + Season Pass
McPixel
Monaco
Nation Red
Natural Selection 2

NightSky
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysey
Offspring Fling
Overlord Complete Pack

PAYDAY Wolf Pack DLC
Poker Night 2
Primordia
RAGE DLC

Really Big Sky
Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle
Risen 2

Rochard + DLC
Saints Row 2
Sanctum 2 Season Pass
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Shank
Skyrim DLC
Sleeping Dogs - The Year of the Snake DLC
Sniper Elite V2 + DLC
Space Pirates and Zombies (SPAZ)
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Stellar Impact + DLC
Strike Suit Infinity 
Super Hexagon
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Swapper, The
System Shock 2
They Bleed Pixels
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Thomas Was Alone
Ticket to Ride
To The Moon
Toki Tori
Tomb Raider 2013 DLC
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Universe Sandbox

Vessel
Walking Dead: 400 Days
Worms Reloaded - GOTY Retail
X3: Terran Conflict + Albion Prelude

You Need A Budget 4 (clearly)
Zombie Driver HD + DLC

I still haven't added up how much I spent. I don't think I will, as I prefer to avoid depression triggers when I can.

Wow... these flash deals are ridiculous...

They honestly think it's better to repeat a sale 3 or 4 times in a week instead of letting other games that lost community votes have their chance in the limelight?
Yup, seems pretty stupid. They just keep rotating in the same shit over and over. You'd think they'd take games that lost community votes and stick them in flash deals. Basically you'll still get the sales on them, just if they win the vote you get it sooner. It's annoying that they keep putting stuff that has already been apart of dailies and numerous flash sales back into flash sales.

Yup, seems pretty stupid. They just keep rotating in the same shit over and over. You'd think they'd take games that lost community votes and stick them in flash deals. Basically you'll still get the sales on them, just if they win the vote you get it sooner. It's annoying that they keep putting stuff that has already been apart of dailies and numerous flash sales back into flash sales.
Honestly, do they really think they're going to get more revenue out of repeating Just Cause that was just on sale... yesterday versus something that has yet to be a featured heavy discount? It defies logic.

So, what the hell to vote for?

{Eyebrow raised}

COJ: Gunslinger at 33% off ($10 or so) wouldn't be cheap enough to suit my blood.

RAGE showing up at 75% off and would be cheapest at $5 - which I already own RAGE + ALL DLC.

Darksiders 2 at 75% off and would be most expensive for $12.50 - which I already own this + ALL its DLC.

During the Winter sale, Valve will use up 1 flash slot every 8 hours with a booster item that will increase foil card drop rate by 50%.  The rest of the slots will be repeats of previous dailies, of course.

TIme to post hauls already? I can proudly say that I spent $0 real dollars.

Don't Starve

Surgeon Sim

Ys Chronicles

System Shock 2

Torchlight 2

Football Manager 2013

FF 7

Small sale, only really missed Rogue Legacy.

My haul this summer sale was:

Scribblenauts

Strike Suit Infinity

Blocks that Matter

Tomb Raider 1-6

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Fallout 3

Fallout NV

Devil May Cry 3+4

Grand Theft Auto Complete

Skyrim Legendary (not bought on Steam)

Far Cry 2

Just Cause

Total spent:

$38.37 card money

$40.25 actual money

Compare to my GMG summer sale haul which was:

LotR War in the North

Rotastic

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

They Bleed Pixels

Sleeping Dogs pack

FEAR Pack

Super Meat Boy

Total Spent: $38.70 + $1.50 GMG credit from writing reviews + $6 GMG credit from their summer sale promotions

Honestly, do they really think they're going to get more revenue out of repeating Just Cause that was just on sale... yesterday versus something that has yet to be a featured heavy discount? It defies logic.
nope i already have during amazon farewell to feb sale so i already have jc and jc2 where the price error sale lol and really where the community lost cmon steam this as disappoiontment give more flash or lless repeats than u get more money

Reflecting back on the last few pages, it is both amusing and humbling to see that my dislike for public speaking (can't get much more public than the internet) has brought fellow CAGs out of the woodwork and open up a bit. Good stuff, good stuff.

Back on topic for just a moment: I know I posted this a few days early, but I may as well join the club and share my mania-driven Summer of game sales
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! + DLC
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Amanita Bundle (Botanicula, Machinarium +OST, Samorost2)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Anomaly: Warzone Earth
A.R.E.S.
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
Bard's Tale
Ben There, Dan That
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Blocks That Matter
Borderlands 2 Creature Slaughterdome DLC
Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack
Castle Crashers + DLC
Chaos on Deponia
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
CS:GO

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
Defense Grid DLC
DmC Devil May Cry + Weapon Bundle DLC

Deponia
Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Bundle
Don't Starve
Drakensang: Phileasson's Secret
Dungeons of Dredmor CotW
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes

Eets
Endless Space + Disharmony

Euro Truck 2 (I hate you all.)
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

F.E.A.R. 2 - Reborn DLC
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC

FTL Faster Than Light
Garry's Mod
GRID
Guns of Icarus Online
Hard Reset: Extended Edition
Hitman: Absolution DLC
Killing Floor Bundle
Lost Planet Colonies

Mafia II Betrayal of Jimmy DLC
Magicka - a few missing DLC
Maw, The DLC
Max Payne
Max Payne 3 + Season Pass
McPixel
Monaco
Nation Red
Natural Selection 2

NightSky
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysey
Offspring Fling
Overlord Complete Pack

PAYDAY Wolf Pack DLC
Poker Night 2
Primordia
RAGE DLC

Really Big Sky
Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle
Risen 2

Rochard + DLC
Saints Row 2
Sanctum 2 Season Pass
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Shank
Skyrim DLC
Sleeping Dogs - The Year of the Snake DLC
Sniper Elite V2 + DLC
Space Pirates and Zombies (SPAZ)
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Stellar Impact + DLC
Strike Suit Infinity
Super Hexagon
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Swapper, The
System Shock 2
They Bleed Pixels
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Thomas Was Alone
Ticket to Ride
To The Moon
Toki Tori
Tomb Raider 2013 DLC
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Universe Sandbox

Vessel
Walking Dead: 400 Days
Worms Reloaded - GOTY Retail
X3: Terran Conflict + Albion Prelude

You Need A Budget 4 (clearly)
Zombie Driver HD + DLC
I still haven't added up how much I spent. I don't think I will, as I prefer to avoid depression triggers when I can.
Hey, if need be the Pink knight is definantly a good choice for mood raisers. It's helluva funny to use XD

Purchases
Castle Crashers (hosted 4-pack) - $2.80
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (4-pack price) - $4.52
Clive Barker's Jericho - $1.24
Critter Crunch - $1.46
Fallout Collection - $2.99
Infestation: Survivor Stories (War Z) - $3.74
Just Cause - $0.27
Magical Drop V - $1.24
Natural Selection 2 (hosted 4-pack) - $4.69
Poker Night 2 - $2.49
Sims 3 University Life - $14.99
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (4-pack price) - $3.85
Surgeon Simulator - $3.39
Trine 2 (hosted 3-pack) - $2.67

Gifts
Angry Birds Space
Bastion
Cart Life
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Don't Starve
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
Hospital Tycoon
System Shock 2

FINAL TOTAL - $50.34

I will buy Rogue Legacy as well if Amazon ever price matches the Steam version. 

I got the Half Life Collection, Deus Ex HR DLC pack, and Faster Than Light. I'm actually glad I didn't spend that much, will probably be spending at least $100 during the Winter sale because I skipped out on a lot of stuff I felt I could wait for.

This whole sale has been a joke. If this was Steam's banner "discount" event, it would have never gained the traction it did. Now it's just using it's de facto monopoly to exert market power and increase profits. Heck, it's even started taking lessons from the cable companies: refusal to upgrade infrastructure to meet demand, non-existent customer service, and intermittent-at-best communication (no card announcement for the past two days?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back