What's in the PSP's PS Store (6/2/11): The Laxative Edition

[quote name='J7.']Dylan Cuthbert says that they probably won't port anything else to PSP due to the piracy they're seeing. fucking pirates. http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-SF-Console-Game-Examiner~y2009m10d19-Piracy-hurting-PixelJunk-Monsters-Deluxe
If you ever want to see more Pixeljunk on PSP buy the game![/QUOTE]

Amen to that. I haven't bought it yet, since I own the PS3 version. But JUST because of what Cuthbert said, I'm going to buy it again...

Hmm, I hope he's not that cunning of a marketing guy...that would be low, Dylan...low indeed.

Edit:That makes me sound like I'm accusing him. I'm really not. I love Q-Games, the PJ series, and Cuthbert seems like a great guy as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
UMD Games
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - $39.99 - 527 MB
Armored Core 3 Portable - $14.99 - 324 MB
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - $19.99 - 1.2 GB
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - $19.99 - 1.6 GB
Crimson Gem Saga - $29.99 - 783 MB
Half-Minute Hero - $29.99 - 101 MB
Hammerin' Hero - $19.99 - 103 MB
Lemmings - $15.99 - 179 MB
R-Type Command - $14.99 - 148 MB
Rivera: The Promised Land - $14.99 - 478 MB
Capcom Puzzle World - $19.99 - 260 MB
Marvel Super Hero Squad - $29.99 - 1.4 GB
FIFA Soccer 10 - $39.99 - 1.19 GB
The Secret Saturdays: Beasts of the 5th Sun - $29.99 - 669 MB
Steambot Chronicles - $29.99 - 125 MB
Undead Knights - $39.99 - 486 MB
The Warriors - $19.99 - 1.6 GB
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 - $39.99 - 1.11 GB
Yggdra Union - $14.99 - 535 MB

PSP Minis
Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 - $3.99 - 21 MB
Vempire - $4.99 - 12 MB

PS1 Classics
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - $9.99 - 470 MB
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus - $9.99 - 753 MB

Demos
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron - 72 MB

Add-ons
Rock Band Unplugged - "All I Want" by The Offspring - $1.99
Rock Band Unplugged - "The Rock Show" by Blink-182 - $1.99

Videos
Pulse - 10/22 Edition

Themes
Loco Roco: Midnight Carnival

Wallpaper
Loco Roco: Midnight Carnival

Premium Themes
40's WWII Pinups PSP 1 - $1.49
40's WWII Pinups PSP 2 - $1.49
Beach PSP 3 - $1.49
Beach PSP 4 - $1.49
Zombies On TV PSP 1 - $1.49
Zombies On TV PSP 2 - $1.49
School Girl Attack! Hook-Ups PSP - $1.99
Tokyo City Police Hook-Ups PSP - $1.99
Cat Girl Akiko Hook-Ups PSP - $1.99
Ice Cream Girls Hook-Ups PSP - $1.99
Nurse Girl Nikki Hook-Ups PSP - $1.99

just fyi - there is 10 games missing from the downloadable game section, i dont see pixeljunk monsters deluxe for one.

and there are 3 too many in the exclusive section.

From the store, but I fixed the weird placement of games before since there are PS1 or PSN games in the UMD section that don't belong there and some games were in both. It's not a 1:1 list.

I wonder if we'll se Atlus do a PSN sale anytime soon...$15 is a decent price for games like Rivera and Yggdra Union but I know Steambot Chronicles isn't worth $30. Lately Atlus seems to be charging a little too much for some games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Steambot was $40 when it came out and the upcoming Kenka Bancho is also $40, so they're pushing the limits like everyone else.[/QUOTE]
I still can't believe they want to charge $40 for a game like Kenka Bancho...

Yeah, it seems to have a lot in common with Steambot Chronicles, as it's a fun, pleasant game so far, but it's definitely not $40 fun. I think I've played about 4 hours so far through three days (lasts a week), so it's not a particularly long game either.

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']Anyone played the Oddworld games? Any feedback? I wasn't a PSX owner, had N64 before my Sony days started haha...[/QUOTE]
The gameplay is like Flashback, Out of this World, Blackthorne, etc, which means it's very good. IIRC great story & characters, original, interesting speaking mechanic gameplay, a bit underrated/overlooked. I've only played very little of it myself though and highly look forward to getting to play through it. But Oddworld Collection is coming next year with all 4 games on Steam.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I wonder if we'll se Atlus do a PSN sale anytime soon...$15 is a decent price for games like Rivera and Yggdra Union but I know Steambot Chronicles isn't worth $30. Lately Atlus seems to be charging a little too much for some games.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. They're one of the few ones that have reasonably priced titles (Riviera, Yggdra Union, and Disgaea all @ $15). They have a few that are overpriced indeed, but they are among the miniscule minority that priced DD content like DD content should be priced.

This week's episode of Pulse mentions that there will be a sale next week, from October 29 to November 5, on PSP Games that will include:

Super Stardust Portable
Unbound Saga
Myst
Brain Challenge
echochrome

Those are all $9.99, besides the $19.99 Myst, so you might have an idea of what to expect for sale pricing (probably 50% off). There could be more titles, but this was all they specifically showed.

[quote name='maximumzero']What theme is everyone using, out of curiosity?[/QUOTE]

The one that looks like the PSN theme for the PS3. I wish the Mezmerize theme I'm using on my PS3 now were offered on the PSP.

Frisky: I hope they have a few more titles for sale...

[quote name='mykevermin']I disagree. They're one of the few ones that have reasonably priced titles (Riviera, Yggdra Union, and Disgaea all @ $15). They have a few that are overpriced indeed, but they are among the miniscule minority that priced DD content like DD content should be priced.[/QUOTE]
I was actually talking about their recent PSP games. I don't have a problem with the price for Riviera or Yggdra Union. I think $15 is a good price for a older DD retail game.

And not that it's a big deal or anything but NIS put out Disgaea on PSN. Atlus did originally publish at least the first Disgaea on the PS2. But NIS America published the PSP ports.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This week's episode of Pulse mentions that there will be a sale next week, from October 29 to November 5, on PSP Games that will include:

Super Stardust Portable
Unbound Saga
Myst
Brain Challenge
echochrome

Those are all $9.99, besides the $19.99 Myst, so you might have an idea of what to expect for sale pricing (probably 50% off). There could be more titles, but this was all they specifically showed.[/QUOTE]

Any feedback on any of those games? Echochrome, if $5, is probably worth it--it was fun on PS3 at least. Ditto for Super Stardust, though I'm not sure how it works with only one analog...

I've heard of but never touched Unbound Saga, Myst, and Brain Challenge.

Echochrome's not as good as the PS3 version, but that's only because it doesn't have online level sharing to expand the amount of level you can play.

I've heard good things about Super Stardust Portable and that it's a good port of the PS3 version.

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']Any feedback on any of those games? Echochrome, if $5, is probably worth it--it was fun on PS3 at least. Ditto for Super Stardust, though I'm not sure how it works with only one analog...

I've heard of but never touched Unbound Saga, Myst, and Brain Challenge.[/QUOTE]
From the research I've done:

Super Stardust Portable - suffers from screensize of psp and only one analogy, much better off getting the PS3 version.
Unbound Saga - don't know much, wouldn't waste my time or money though.
Myst - don't know much, again you're better off getting a diff version.
Brain Challenge - crap game, I played the 360 demo.
echochrome - worth considering.

[quote name='J7.']From the research I've done:

Super Stardust Portable - suffers from screensize of psp and only one analogy, much better off getting the PS3 version.
Unbound Saga - don't know much, wouldn't waste my time or money though.
Myst - don't know much, again you're better off getting a diff version.
Brain Challenge - crap game, I played the 360 demo.
echochrome - worth considering.[/QUOTE]

LocoRoco coming out on Thursday as well. I think at $15 I'll probably pick that one up right away.

As for those others, I'm not 100% sure. Still trying to decide about Burnout Paradise this week before the sale is over lol...

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']LocoRoco coming out on Thursday as well. I think at $15 I'll probably pick that one up right away.

As for those others, I'm not 100% sure. Still trying to decide about Burnout Paradise this week before the sale is over lol...[/QUOTE]

you mean dominator?

[quote name='orntar']you mean dominator?[/QUOTE]

No, I meant Paradise--I own a PS3 as well, and it's on sale this week.

Though I have also considered a PSP racer--seems appropriate to round out my lineup of...unbalanced games, lol. (Prinny, Badman, Patapon, and PixelJunk Monsters, haha)

I don't know which Burnout is better on PSP though. I think there are two available, including Dominator.

Top 10 PSP Sellers on PSN for October

1. Gran Turismo
2. God of War: CoO
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Tetris
5. Madden 10
6. Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero?
7. Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe
8. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
9. Hero of Sparta
10. Metal Gear Solid

3 PSOne Classics
2 PSP Minis

Of the 5 PSP Games on that list, 3 are $19.99 or under ($9.99 for Prinny for a week, $16 for Gof of War for a week, PJMD).

Only 2 of the top 10 selling titles were over $20 (Madden and Gran Turismo are both $40).

What's the lesson to be learned? PRICE MATTERS.

[quote name='mykevermin']What's the lesson to be learned? PRICE MATTERS.[/QUOTE]

And yet TETRIS is top 5. What the hell? How are people willing to pay that much for Tetris? I mean sure it's a classic, but come on...

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']And yet TETRIS is top 5. What the hell? How are people willing to pay that much for Tetris? I mean sure it's a classic, but come on...[/QUOTE]

It's $10 for one of the most recognizable games of all time in portable form, what's not to get about it?

[quote name='Ryukahn']It's $10 for one of the most recognizable games of all time in portable form, what's not to get about it?[/QUOTE]

Yea, one of the most recognizable games of all time, I'll give you that.

But it's Tetris! I could MAKE a Tetris game in one day, by myself. No matter HOW MUCH POLISH they put on it, it's still that same game I can make on my own.

I just can't bring myself to spend $10 on something like that. If it were $3-5 I'd consider it. If it were $2, I guarantee you 90% of the people who own PSPs would own that game. They'd more than make up for the cost because I'm betting more than 5x the number of people would buy it at that price.

[quote name='mykevermin']3 PSOne Classics
2 PSP Minis

Of the 5 PSP Games on that list, 3 are $19.99 or under ($9.99 for Prinny for a week, $16 for Gof of War for a week, PJMD).

Only 2 of the top 10 selling titles were over $20 (Madden and Gran Turismo are both $40).

What's the lesson to be learned? PRICE MATTERS.[/QUOTE]
Of course, but complaining about it here isn't worth it. Retailers won't let them have lower prices.

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']Yea, one of the most recognizable games of all time, I'll give you that.

But it's Tetris! I could MAKE a Tetris game in one day, by myself. No matter HOW MUCH POLISH they put on it, it's still that same game I can make on my own.

I just can't bring myself to spend $10 on something like that. If it were $3-5 I'd consider it. If it were $2, I guarantee you 90% of the people who own PSPs would own that game. They'd more than make up for the cost because I'm betting more than 5x the number of people would buy it at that price.[/QUOTE]

I'm in agreement, my jaw dropped when I saw $10 for Tetris. Really, a 12 year old could write the code for Tetris in Visual BASIC over the weekend... $2.99 I'd have bought it. $3.99 meh ok. $4.99 second thoughts, anything higher, L-O-shaqfuing-L.

Also, where the hell is today's update?

Deals
Super Stardust Portable - $4.99 - Expires: November 4
echochrome - $4.99 - Expires: November 4
Myst - $9.99 - Expires: November 4
Brain Challenge - $4.99 - Expires: November 4
Unbound Saga - $4.99 - Expires: November 4
Manhunt 2 - $19.99

PSN Games
Crystal Defenders - $9.99 - 13 MB
Loco Roco: Midnight Carnival - $14.99 - 189 MB

UMD Games
Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks - $29.99 - 776 MB
Darkstalkers Chronicles: The Chaos Tower - $19.99 - 658 MB
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - $19.99 - 413 MB
NBA 2K10 - $29.99 - 932 MB
Petz Dogz Family - $29.99 - 61 MB
Petz Hamsterz Bunch - $29.99 - 25 MB
Petz Saddle Club - $29.99 - 1.17 GB

PSP Minis
Zombie Tycoon - $7.99 - 54 MB
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam - $4.99 - 17 MB

Demos
Loco Roco: Midnight Carnival - 188 MB
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier - 183 MB
Crystal Defenders - 11 MB
Petz Saddle Club - 171 MB

Add-ons
Rock Band Unplugged - "My Old School" by Steely Dan - $1.99
Rock Band Unplugged - "Kool Thing" by Sonic Youth - $1.99

Videos
Beaterator Intro Trailer
Beaterator Sessions: Artist Series #1 Video
Beaterator Sessions: Artist Series #2 Video
Beaterator Sessions: Max & Clay Video
Beaterator Sessions: Timbaland Video
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Story Trailer
Thexder Neo Trailer

Themes
Apache Gunship - $1.49
German Panther Tank 3 - $1.49
German Panther Tank 4 - $1.49
Infantry - $1.49
Lingerie Football League Dallas Desire - $1.99
Skull Bash 1 - $0.99
Skull Bash 2 - $0.99

[quote name='orntar']media go.[/QUOTE]

I wish Media Go wasn't stupid as hell when it comes to downloads.

Why can my PS3 queue up downloads, but my PC can't? Seriously? Not to mention the PSP should be able to do this also...but that's not nearly as bad, in my opinion. No queuing on PC = fail.

I just got my first psp on line for the first time. made my first psn account. I'm ready to start buying! Whats some good PSP download gameS? I'm new as hell to this. Also...how do PS1 classics work? can you buy them on psp and play them on their as well? or just buy and play em on PS3? note i don't owna ps3 either :(

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']I wish Media Go wasn't stupid as hell when it comes to downloads.

Why can my PS3 queue up downloads, but my PC can't? Seriously? Not to mention the PSP should be able to do this also...but that's not nearly as bad, in my opinion. No queuing on PC = fail.[/QUOTE]
i agree.

it has to do with actually having to have your psp connected to download the content. they don't want you to be able to download anytime, cause we are all teh haxxorz

I download the demos for LocoRoco and Jak and bought Super Stardust. Have not played them yet because I played the demo I downloaded a while ago for Star Wars and Undead so I could delete them for space. I liked the Undead game but the camera for Star Wars was pretty bad.

[quote name='SageBigly']I just got my first psp on line for the first time. made my first psn account. I'm ready to start buying! Whats some good PSP download gameS?([/QUOTE]
What type of games do you like and how much are you willing to spend on digital content, do you have the Go or older model?

[quote name='J7.']What type of games do you like and how much are you willing to spend on digital content, do you have the Go or older model?[/QUOTE]

What kind of silly question is that?

The correct answer would have been: "PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe".

I'm only kidding though. Of course it's better to know what types of games you like.

I'm still trying to figure out if I should get it for PS3 or PSP. A sale on either one would solve that!

bread's done
Back