Wubba wubba, I'm in the pink today, boy!! FGT #10

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Cautiously optimistic.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same. Just release a limited demo Boon and everyone will hopefully be more comfy with the game.

If SFV turns out to be just an hour and a half of Street Fighter High: The Musical on a DVD-R, I won't complain.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Damn, is the economy that bad? Even Bruce fuckin' Wayne has to resort to Ebaying strategy guides just to make ends meet.[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

stolen from GGT stolen from GAF

2oqGS.jpg

If NBA Jam turns out to be just an hour and a half of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on a laser disc, I won't complain.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']This shit is weird

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTCutUi2kaY&feature=player_embedded[/MEDIA][/QUOTE]

I felt so weird watching that. It was so wrong but I felt compelled to watch more.

Also, I'm pretty sure their Chun Li was not of Asian descent. However, she was pretty damn hot.

Id rather kick you in the face for using Seth.

that's how I would update the game, when u choose Seth the machine kicks u in the face.

[quote name='JEKKI']Id rather kick you in the face for using Seth.

that's how I would update the game, when u choose Seth the machine kicks u in the face.[/QUOTE]

LOL Why?

-Most of the new cast dominates him.

-His favorable matchups aren't even worth noting. Most of this matchups are split or slightly favored.

-He has trouble with matchups he used to own pretty easily in Vanilla (Ex. Bison)

-Lots of nerfs from Vanilla to Super

-Depending on the character, I'm not allowed more than 1-2 mistakes a game.

Somewhat unsure about honda at this point. I love U2 being hcbx2 instead of a 720, it was very difficult to setup before because of it's short range, this is a good compromise.

But damage down AND harder hands combos? jab x F HHS and it's variants already give people trouble.. he surely could use a slight damage nerf but it's not like he wins for free. He still has super problematic matchups like Dhalsim. I like that with honda you need to maximize the damage you do when you get the chance, because you usually don't get that many chances.

Credit goes to Azrael from SRK

"Yun:
U1 You Hou, U2 Sorai Rengeki. Super is Genei Jin
U1 is 4-hit, last hit is a launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway. Very similar to Makoto's U2. Can follow up U1 with Zesshou (lunge punch), or GJ combos. Only if GJ is activated before U1. I tried to activate afterwards, could not get anything to connect in time. Short range, does not hit on any FADC'd moved.

U2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides the opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. Similar to Fei Long's U1. Does not combo from any FADC's. Short range.

Genei Jin - shadows, cancel recovery on all moves, everything juggles. Was able to get 40-50% off GJ combos mid-screen, 50-60% in the corner. Can be super-cancelled off Tetsu Zankou (shoulder check).

Kobokushi (palm move) - Jab is a fake, Strong/Fierce change the distance at which the opponent flies away. EX Nishou Kyaku (up kicks) will probably be good anti-air. Ultras do not combo off MK launcher.

Yang:
U1 Raishin Mahhaken, U2 Tenshin Senkyuu, Super Seiei Enbu

U1 Yang throws out a single attack - if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there - similar to Makoto's U1. Animation is sort of like Gen/Guy's, but with Yang style. Close range.

U2 Yang rolls forward and goes up in the air with his rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks - looks like Yun's Nishou Kyaku. U2 will pass under fireballs. Seems to have some tracking properties - if U2 started while opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where the opponent is for non-animation damage. Combos off FADC/MK Launcher for non-animation damage.

SE - Works similar to 3S. Doesn't seem nearly as useful as Yun's GJ of course.

Ryu, Akuma:
If tatsu done in air at or before jump arc peak, becomes floaty and goes nowhere. Can no longer escape corner with air tatsu. Crossup tatsu still works.

Ken:
EX Tatsu can be blocked low. More recovery on jab SRK. Can follow up jab SRK AA with EX Hadouken, just like Ryu.

Chun:
No apparent changes noticed, except sweep doesn't seem to deal as much stun.

Guile:
Damage down, Sonic Boom does not build super meter.

Honda:
Damage down, U2 now HCBx2 motion. May be harder to combo into Hundred Hands.

Bison:
U2 now charge motion, way more recovery

Zangief:
Range on U2 increased, recovery also increased. EX Green Hand doesn't knock down.

Seth:
Dhalsim J.FP gone.

Cammy:
Normals easier to combo, but tiger-knee Canon Strike no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, EX can still be tiger-kneed.

Makoto:
EX Hayate armor break, slightly faster walk speed, axe kicks more like 3S.

Dudley:
EX Ducking added - no armor. Moves the same distance as RH Ducking but recovers almost instantly. Crouch roundhouse different - faster? Not sure how but it is definitely different. J.RH knocks down air to air.

Blanka:
Blocked Blanka Ball now recoils at half the distance, much easier to punish."

[quote name='JEKKI']Id rather kick you in the face for using Seth.

that's how I would update the game, when u choose Seth the machine kicks u in the face.[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

at least honda's nerfs don't take anything away from his game. He can still be played effectively but will require better combo usage and full exploitation of opportunities, but lowered damage can be overcome. Stuff like seth and bison though is a mindfuck. That ultra being a charge ultra and removing moves entirely is huge.

[quote name='jer7583']at least honda's nerfs don't take anything away from his game. He can still be played effectively but will require better combo usage and full exploitation of opportunities, but lowered damage can be overcome. Stuff like seth and bison though is a mindfuck. That ultra being a charge ultra and removing moves entirely is huge.[/QUOTE]

Well, they did say it would be a lot different.

http://shoryuken.com/content/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-has-changed-considerably-1720/

[quote name='asianxcore']
Credit goes to Azrael from SRK

"Yun:
U1 You Hou, U2 Sorai Rengeki. Super is Genei Jin
U1 is 4-hit, last hit is a launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway. Very similar to Makoto's U2. Can follow up U1 with Zesshou (lunge punch), or GJ combos. Only if GJ is activated before U1. I tried to activate afterwards, could not get anything to connect in time. Short range, does not hit on any FADC'd moved.

U2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides the opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. Similar to Fei Long's U1. Does not combo from any FADC's. Short range.

Genei Jin - shadows, cancel recovery on all moves, everything juggles. Was able to get 40-50% off GJ combos mid-screen, 50-60% in the corner. Can be super-cancelled off Tetsu Zankou (shoulder check).

Kobokushi (palm move) - Jab is a fake, Strong/Fierce change the distance at which the opponent flies away. EX Nishou Kyaku (up kicks) will probably be good anti-air. Ultras do not combo off MK launcher.

Yang:
U1 Raishin Mahhaken, U2 Tenshin Senkyuu, Super Seiei Enbu

U1 Yang throws out a single attack - if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there - similar to Makoto's U1. Animation is sort of like Gen/Guy's, but with Yang style. Close range.

U2 Yang rolls forward and goes up in the air with his rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks - looks like Yun's Nishou Kyaku. U2 will pass under fireballs. Seems to have some tracking properties - if U2 started while opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where the opponent is for non-animation damage. Combos off FADC/MK Launcher for non-animation damage.

SE - Works similar to 3S. Doesn't seem nearly as useful as Yun's GJ of course.

Ryu, Akuma:
If tatsu done in air at or before jump arc peak, becomes floaty and goes nowhere. Can no longer escape corner with air tatsu. Crossup tatsu still works.

Ken:
EX Tatsu can be blocked low. More recovery on jab SRK. Can follow up jab SRK AA with EX Hadouken, just like Ryu.

Chun:
No apparent changes noticed, except sweep doesn't seem to deal as much stun.

Guile:
Damage down, Sonic Boom does not build super meter.

Honda:
Damage down, U2 now HCBx2 motion. May be harder to combo into Hundred Hands.

Bison:
U2 now charge motion, way more recovery

Zangief:
Range on U2 increased, recovery also increased. EX Green Hand doesn't knock down.

Seth:
Dhalsim J.FP gone.

Cammy:
Normals easier to combo, but tiger-knee Canon Strike no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, EX can still be tiger-kneed.

Makoto:
EX Hayate armor break, slightly faster walk speed, axe kicks more like 3S.

Dudley:
EX Ducking added - no armor. Moves the same distance as RH Ducking but recovers almost instantly. Crouch roundhouse different - faster? Not sure how but it is definitely different. J.RH knocks down air to air.

Blanka:
Blocked Blanka Ball now recoils at half the distance, much easier to punish."
[/QUOTE]

Damn, Bison U2 being a charge move really sucks ass (not to mention adding more recovery).

Also find it weird that Sonic Boom doesn't build super meter anymore. Won't this be one of the first times a special move doesn't build meter in a SF game?

Seth nerf is lame, but glad to hear about Cammy and Blanka nerfs. I really hated that Blanka ball in certain match-ups.

[quote name='KingBroly']Why do they hate Cammy so much?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they're making cannon strike an overhead now? Hell if I know, thankfully this is just a location test.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']More sad about Guile Nerfs... seems like he can never make a full decent comeback. I always wish he were a huge powerhouse.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the whiffed Sonic Booms not giving you meter is a lie.

It could just have been a glitch

i think the ex green hand not knocking down is to help with the pressure game since it's so fast and quick recovery? a gief player I know was happy about the change.

[quote name='jer7583']It could just have been a glitch

i think the ex green hand not knocking down is to help with the pressure game since it's so fast and quick recovery? a gief player I know was happy about the change.[/QUOTE]

But if that change sticks, Gief will be a character with no combos that knockdown.

Gief makes things ridiculously interesting once he scores a knockdown, especially if the character has shitty wakeup options.

Gief players shouldn't be happy if this sticks.

[quote name='asianxcore']But if that change sticks, Gief will be a character with no combos that knockdown.

Gief makes things ridiculously interesting once he scores a knockdown, especially if the character has shitty wakeup options.

Gief players shouldn't be happy if this sticks.[/QUOTE]

The ONLY way the nerf is slightly tolerable (if it sticks) is if the regular green hand is better at stopping fireballs and behaves more like ST/HDR hands to set up tick throws. Even still, it's a huge kick in the balls to Zangief's game. It has to be a mistake or something, there's no way they would neuter Gief that hard, would they? He already got slapped around from SFIV to SSFIV.

No knockdown for EX green hand might mean other things though. Perhaps you can keep constant pressure if it's + on hit. Maybe you can combo it into multiple green hands and/or lariat (if you can combo into lariat, there's your knockdown?). I'm not convinced that it's meant to be a nerf just yet.

More SSFIV loketest notes for all!

Easier to read and longer list of changes - http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/10/rumor-ingrid-super-street-fighter-4-arcade/

http://shoryuken.com/content/late-d...-fighter-4-arcade-edition-location-test-1735/

Gouken's LP rush punch has no forward movement, but is faster.
His counter is now DP + Punch. LP for low body counter, MP for upper, HP is unclear.

Rose lost all invincibility on Soul Satellite.

So Mak gets Armor Break EX Hayate, more invincibility on Oroshi, and a damage boost on Fukiage.

Abel:
command grab damage nerf
more recovery on breathless

Fuerte's Ultra Spark got a damage nerf, not surprising.

Hawk now has a standalone EX Condor Dive (KKK), and can be done on back jumps."
(more after the jump)

"[/i]Makoto:
ex dash punch breaks armor
ex chop (the overhead move) has more invincible frames
uppercut buff (no detail)

Adon:
wakeup time changed

Sagat:
more recovery on tiger knee
damage BUFF on tiger uppercut

credit to _Xenon_ & USD on Gaf"[/i]

From LowlietL:

"Impossible to take a single picture, they keep a big eye on stranger.

Vega : Ex flip kick = viable reversal now.
Less damage on ex wall dive grab.

Cody : faster walk speed, ex zonk distance is shorter.

Sagat : Vanilla's standing lk is back. One hit, special cancelable, vanilla distance, does near 40dmg. lk TK is vanilla like, mk and hk are useless.
More recovery on high TS. His ts game is lame.

Guy : As thing goes, he looks way more viable. Hitbox tweak on mp hp combo, more hit stun on elbow. U2 is decent now, less recovery on whiff, distance fixed.
His flip grab has been toned down, 120 damage instead of 200."

More from LowlietL:

"I played one character : GUY. Sorry fellows, the queue was far too long, so instead of just waiting like a pussy brawler, i've just watched the people playing.

Like I said earlier : Guy has his target combo ( the MP HP ) fixed. It doesn't whiff on croucher anymore. I played against a cammy player and he didn't whiff once on her crouching.
Hp Hozanto is faster than before. I saw a Guy player catch Chun's mp Kikoken with it from decent distance.
I was wrong about elbow having more hitstun, it's still the same.
Lp hozanto is safe from spd and light hawk spd.

U2 : less recovery on whiff and the distance has been fixed. ( Almost like rose's normal grab ) Ultra of choice without any hesitation.

Flip grab has been toned DOWN. The lp flip grab is the same, but the window-grab on mp hp flip grab make them more useless than before.
Damage is 120.

No faster walk speed, no invicility on Ex hozanto, no faster recovery ect Beside of the thing stated above he looks exactly the same, but he's definitvely a better fighter."

More from LowlietL:

"Yun build meter FAST because of the speed of his light palm ( ? ). LP forward special punch is good for block string, it's safe on block.
His Dive kick is the same as Rufus.
Arc jump is dictator like.
Viper Walk speed.
C.mk is crap.
His super is about juggle, can take 40% life on Hawk.
Ultra are useless outside of corner"

and this:

http://shoryuken.com/content/first-super-street-fighter-4-yun-footage-more-change-notes-1732/

Yun can Tetsu Zankou (Shoulder) xx FADC xx Ultra 1
I couldn't FADC Nishou Kyaku (Up Kicks) at all, this may mean I suck or it may mean wake up Dragon Kick isn't a great option for Yun
Yun's Zesshou Hohou (Lunging Punch thing) was armor breaking
Yun color 1 is Blue, color 2 is yellow.

Yang can Kaihou (Up kicks) xx FADC xx EX Slashes (execution fail on Ultra test sorry)
c.mk into Slashes does work
Yangs dive kick is the same as Yuns as far as I can tell.
Yang's Super is double QCB + Punch, can cancel into into it from QCB + P (Palm)
QCB + LP seemed to be fake palm.
Yang color one is Pinkish, color two is purple.

Confirmation of other stuff: Zangief EX Green Hand didn't knock down. Hondas Ultra 2 is now HCBx2. Bisons Ultra 2 is now charge

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back