Wubba wubba, I'm in the pink today, boy!! FGT #10

Yes. Yes they do.

I don't get why they'd get rid of the Quick Cannon Spike for Cammy. It'd make one of her trials impossible to do, and it'd be an unnecessarily hard nerf.

People complaining about no more TKCS for Cammy are forgetting that characters with no viable reversal get fucked hard by it.

That's basically what most of these changes are. They're fixing things to make the game more fun for everyone. Blanka can't get away with Ball all day (though admittedly, only the scrubbiest of Blanka players do full-screen Balls); Bison's U2 now being a charge motion takes off a little pressure from people (and despite what people are complaining about, this does not take away from U2's usefulness, nor does it make Bison a terrible character); and Cammy can't TKCS people with bad reversals and turn it into a free 40% combo. She can do it with EX meter though, which people are conveniently forgetting.

fucking Capcom. I have to keep reminding myself that this is just a Loc Test.

Seth more HP, Dive Kick maybe going back to Vanilla startup frames.

Buuuut, fucking with the Headstomps now? I told all my friends if they start messing with the headstomps, I'd main someone else. I finally got used to the Nerf Train Seth got from Vanilla to Super and now there is even more (possibly) coming? The headstomp game was even a bigger part of playing Seth in Super.

Also fucking with U1? They already made it so you can't trap U1, which I understood. But if some dumb ass is going to be jumpers jumpers, throw fireballs at me full screen, or some other stupid shit, it should be punished.....hard.

I still think all these nerfs are coming from people who don't know the matchup and constantly whine.

When multiple Seth's start taking Top 8's in Majors, then I'll understand all the damn complaining.

Yeah, at first I thought removing Seth's j.HP was weird, but possibly manageable. But some of those new changes are wtf-inducing.

I wonder how Juri players are taking the Genei-Jin news... :rofl:

Seems like Kado is the only one mad about Gief's changes.

"There was a gief player there that was constantly hitting the 5 game win streak limit, so I talked with him for a bit while in line and he really likes the fact that ex green hand does not knock down anymore. This was actually at the first location test for SF4 vanilla and it was a nightmare to deal with, and it's just as bad now. Because gief doesn't knock you down and he's still at +frames, you're going to have to make an educated guess on what to do next and you don't have much time. I saw this gief player do ex green hand into either lariat, another green hand, spd or low jab chained into ex green hand. It's a really strong mixup to have and I don't understand why people see this as a nerf."

http://shoryuken.com/content/super-...location-test-how-do-players-feel-day-2-1740/

From some more notes over on SRK:
There was a gief player there that was constantly hitting the 5 game win streak limit, so I talked with him for a bit while in line and he really likes the fact that ex green hand does not knock down anymore. This was actually at the first location test for SF4 vanilla and it was a nightmare to deal with, and it's just as bad now. Because gief doesn't knock you down and he's still at +frames, you're going to have to make an educated guess on what to do next and you don't have much time. I saw this gief player do ex green hand into either lariat, another green hand, spd or low jab chained into ex green hand. It's a really strong mixup to have and I don't understand why people see this as a nerf.

This is exactly what I was hoping for if the knockdown was being taken away. I'm very interested seeing this in action now.

EDIT: Derp, maybe I should read the thread next time.

[quote name='asianxcore']fucking Capcom. I have to keep reminding myself that this is just a Loc Test.

Seth more HP, Dive Kick maybe going back to Vanilla startup frames.

Buuuut, fucking with the Headstomps now? I told all my friends if they start messing with the headstomps, I'd main someone else. I finally got used to the Nerf Train Seth got from Vanilla to Super and now there is even more (possibly) coming? The headstomp game was even a bigger part of playing Seth in Super.

Also fucking with U1? They already made it so you can't trap U1, which I understood. But if some dumb ass is going to be jumpers jumpers, throw fireballs at me full screen, or some other stupid shit, it should be punished.....hard.

I still think all these nerfs are coming from people who don't know the matchup and constantly whine.

When multiple Seth's start taking Top 8's in Majors, then I'll understand all the damn complaining.[/QUOTE]

Now, now...

• His Dive Kick is faster.

• Seth may have had his stamina (hit points) increased.

Better?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I wonder how Juri players are taking the Genei-Jin news... :rofl:[/QUOTE]
juri's FSE being an ultra can be activated every round if need be

yun's GJ being a super, well, he may not be able to use it all

[quote name='kainzero']juri's FSE being an ultra can be activated every round if need be

yun's GJ being a super, well, he may not be able to use it all[/QUOTE]

Very true, can't just whiff normals anymore to build meter for that shit.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Nef Seth plz. kthx[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eAvg2ftnrY

[quote name='blitz6speed']Raiden looks crazy overpowered. Worse then sagat in SF4 Vanilla.[/QUOTE]
16 seconds.

You have until 44 left in the match to beat Raiden before he unleashes his charged dropkick, which goes full screen and is invincible. It's like a free Breathless. 250 damage, can combo off of it into super. Oh and he can charge two at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYqSKREd7m8

Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_mQ_chjsI

[quote name='Rodimus']Raiden was overpowered in 12 also. His DM was easily combed into and did way too much damage.[/QUOTE]

He was definitely good in that game. I think some tier lists had him at B in XII.

KOF XIII looks rad to me for the following reasons:

1) Looks great (not zoomed in)
2) Takes the things I like about KOF, SFIV/SSFIV and CVS2......then mushes them together

B:L, that first video was rad. Thanks for posting that.

Who knows, SNK might go back and rebalance Raiden for a console release. Watching that first vid that B:L posted that Raiden can be beat if rushed down/mixed up hard, but you can see even trying to bait the Dropkick equals dire consequences.

[quote name='suko_32']KOF XIII better have good netcode.[/QUOTE]
yeah, markman

it better have good netcode!

oh yea you're in japan

いいNetcode方がいいです。

Uguuu~

I'm loving the new alts that we've seen for Viper and Balrog.

k_m.jpg

m_m.jpg

Everyone else's have been...meh.

[quote name='suko_32']KOF XIII better have good netcode.[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath, otherwise you'll look like this ---> :drool:

SNK + Netcode = Do Not Mix.

bleh... woke up for the 5th time today after staying up super late... >_<

might hop on SSFIV tonight just to fuck around but I doubt it since I have so much shit to get done before toronto in a few weeks.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Japanese young Jay Leno? Mind cannot compute. . .

I bet he's got a huge collection of Japanese cars.[/QUOTE]
he's japanese so he has a small collection of japanese cars

Why I love my local Wednesdays (unless I have lots of work/homework to take care of)

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/9/15/iplaywinner-live-from-starbase-arcade-9pm-pst.html

Casuals @ 9pm (PST)
Tournament @ 10pm (PST)

Check it out tonight if you aren't busy.

One of my friends' B-Day, so a special tourney is being put together with a bunch of players from all over the Bay Area. I know myself and a couple other of my friends will be Super Sober Fighter 4 at Starbase, but I can't speak for everyone else :lol:

Enjoy!!!

level up series mang, our local wednesdays are better than your local wednesdays =P

I couldnt stop laughing when I saw this for sum reason:

none-beef.jpg

none-beef-result.jpg

Mr Beef. pizza.

I hate how Capcom keeps pimpin' the Mega Man Legend series in it's fighters. Unless you make a new entry to the series these characters are not relevant.

Not excited about X-23 either, but she's popular so I understand.

bread's done
Back