Wubba wubba, I'm in the pink today, boy!! FGT #10

Anyone up in this thread know someone who can dual mod mad catz fightsticks in the captial region of NY? PM me if so. I'd love to get this xbox360 stick working on my ps3. :|

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Anyone up in this thread know someone who can dual mod mad catz fightsticks in the captial region of NY? PM me if so. I'd love to get this xbox360 stick working on my ps3. :|[/QUOTE]

Before you pay somebody to dual mod it, take a look at this solution - http://shoryuken.com/f177/project-teasy-mod-your-solderless-solution-te-dual-modding-234867/

If you're not satisfied with that, then I have no idea who can mod your stick in NY, lol.

[quote name='distgfx']Before you pay somebody to dual mod it, take a look at this solution - http://shoryuken.com/f177/project-teasy-mod-your-solderless-solution-te-dual-modding-234867/

If you're not satisfied with that, then I have no idea who can mod your stick in NY, lol.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, I've already got a PS3/PC ChImp board and nobody to solder... so even if I use that solution per his "look, I did it with a ChImp board", I'd need to solder 6 wires to the ChImp -- and I don't have the skill. So short of selling my ChImp board and buying a Dual Strike, I'm pretty much fucked.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Problem is, I've already got a PS3/PC ChImp board and nobody to solder... so even if I use that solution per his "look, I did it with a ChImp board", I'd need to solder 6 wires to the ChImp -- and I don't have the skill. So short of selling my ChImp board and buying a Dual Strike, I'm pretty much fucked.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even realize you could do it with a chimp board, I just saw the mod and said "Hey, this looks good."

[quote name='distgfx']I didn't even realize you could do it with a chimp board, I just saw the mod and said "Hey, this looks good."[/QUOTE]

I've got no issues dropping the cash for the solderless mod (figures less than 6 months after I buy a board and try to find someone to handle the small soldering bits, they make it solderless)... but then I'd have this $40 ChImp board lying around useless.
If I could somehow use the ChImp? I'd have no problem doing so, but the 6 wire connections needed... I don't know that I trust my friend to try it again. And I'm certainly not up to it. :(

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Good games Esper and FrankDeluded. My Tony Hawk was getting the business for a while there.[/quote]

GGs. I still can't believe the whiffs from Tony Hawk's ultra II. I thought for sure one of your attempts would at least get me in the air, but it didn't. Big pile of BS.

i'm rusty.

i know i'm rusty, because i used to be able to juri divekick fireballs on reaction, and i can't anymore.

can't fight ryu like that...

Played a bunch of Kizuna Encounter today. Great game... wish it didn't suffer from SNK boss syndrome though, cause I could no longer have fun once I got up to the boss.

I really wish they would fix the hitbox on Tony Hawk's U2. I'm getting tired of it whiffing on things that his regular SRK would hit.

Just picked up DR2 at BB and they had Tekken sticks w/ game for 60. Not the greatest deal ever but someone might want it. Also pallets full of Reach Legendary

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']Just picked up DR2 at BB and they had Tekken sticks w/ game for 60. Not the greatest deal ever but someone might want it. Also pallets full of Reach Legendary[/QUOTE]

Ive read that Halo Reach is selling about the same as Halo 3's launch, except it now has 3x the userbase. Thats really sad. Those legendary editions are going to be the new cat helmets that are still collecting dust in stores nationwide.

Jimbo, I gotta give you credit. You found the perfect quote to name this thread after. Every time I click on this thread I always say out-loud in my best Saturday Night Live announcer voice "Wubba wubba, I'm in the pink today, boyeee!":lol::lol::lol:

That SSF43D trailer was kinda funny.

Kado, what game is that awesome video from?

BAALLOOOOON

Just noticed they said Karnov wins at the end, is it from Fighter's History Dynamite?

[quote name='Esper']GGs guys, great fights all around. Plus, there were some funny ones too.[/QUOTE]

Funny= all the "This is Esper mad" moments. Or the random character choices at some points in the night.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']GGs AxC. I forgot how hard it is to get in on Seth using Tony Hawk.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's pretty tough. I played that matchup against one of my friends who normally mains Blanka and he was using Crossup Dive a whole lot. Normals + Dash SPD's work well in that matchup. At least you know Hawk can bait out U1 pretty hard.

Hawk pretty much has a harder time than Gief, since I can throw out j.hp without a ridiculous trade in your favor. With Gief I have to watch for that Stun Headbutt when zoning with j.hp.

Also slowly keep walking forward with Hawk. It sounds crazy but it puts the pressure on me to keep you out and you know once Seth is in a certain spot near the corner, you limit his options greatly. When I see you walk but then walk back a lot I can change the timing on a lot of my zoning, while building a ton of meter. Definitely not good for Hawk.

axc, why do you always think I'm mad, lol. I'm not a hostile person. I'm like a butterfly, i'm harmless.

I'm just disappointed at my defense. It was really terrible all around. I couldn't block properly. Made a lot of mistakes and was punished. And... execution errors! :)

[quote name='Esper']axc, why do you always think I'm mad, lol. I'm not a hostile person. I'm like a butterfly, i'm harmless.

I'm just disappointed at my defense. It was really terrible all around. I couldn't block properly. Made a lot of mistakes and was punished. And... execution errors! :)[/QUOTE]

Seth/Viper is a hilarious matchup. Pretty much first knockdown dictates the entire match. I have to constantly guess right in that matchup or one mixup and I'm near dead against Viper. I can't even use U1 against her cause she can just bait it and EX Flame Kick coming down from a jump.

I give you props though, Viper is pretty much pure execution. Playing online can't help :)

Love Seth's Dive Kick though. If you do it enough (at various timings/heights), it frees up doing ambiguous crossups and actual crossups.

Chun-Li FightStick ?

CHECK.

59900_434721063882_507353882_5225431_930220_n.jpg

Chun-Li stick shirt ?

CHECK. (That's Kayane btw, not me. lol).

60435_478865160235_245509115235_7156626_4924458_n.jpg

Chun-Li Nike SBs?

CHECK.

61603_436281128882_507353882_5258026_8246986_n.jpg

61539_436422568882_507353882_5260112_1124650_n.jpg

YATTA!

What the hell, Chun Li shoes!? :hot:

I'd be worried about that Chun Li art on the insole wearing out from extended lightning legs. :bouncy:

Foreal though, Markman has a lot of GF's. Peeymp.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']u mad?[/QUOTE]
*Steal hank's smoked+fried chicken and his precious...
DEW*

[quote name='asianxcore']I can't even use U1 against her cause she can just bait it and EX Flame Kick coming down from a jump.[/QUOTE]

U2 is definitely the way to go against her. I liked this double reset(?) setup you did.

This one's cool.

There's match vids (vs. Seth) in the channel.
-Beef, I know you requested some vids to be uploaded. I will get to them later tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted fliers 2 days ago for a fighting game community around campus and the e-mails are steadily rolling in -- granted half the people interested are probably weeabos and the like =/

I only have 1 set up and 2 fight sticks, so I have a feeling I might be in over my head in hosting a meetup if no one else has equipment to contribute.

I wonder how hard it is to get a club sanctioned by the school..?

Thanks for posting the videos Esper. I'll check out your channel soon for those Seth/Viper vids.

The first vid is interesting. Not really a double reset, just a regular one. I did the Dive Kick at the height where it would beat a AA normal or (hoping) trade with Up Knuckle. So if you look at it I wouldn't have been able to go into any form of my BnB's at that height (unless you weren't blocking)

With Ultra 2, I just need to get someone down to 10% or less and make sure

A) They aren't one of the handful of characters with a way out of the chip damage

B) If they don't have a way, shrink the backdash options.

P.S: fuck that EX Flame Kick haha

It takes work to get a club to be "recognized" by a school, but it's worth it once you start getting funding and the like.

You could probably get away with only having one setup in your first gathering, but try to stress the importance of people bringing their own setups for any following sessions. This isn't the Smash Brothers community, where kiddos don't bring shit anywhere.

[quote name='Esper']*Steal hank's smoked+fried chicken and his precious...
DEW*
[/QUOTE]

Dude, I will CUT you if you touch my chicken or Dew. . .:bomb:

Shit is serious business.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dude, I will CUT you if you touch my chicken or Dew. . .:bomb:

Shit is serious business.[/QUOTE]

u mad? ;)

So here are Beef's replays as requested.

This one should be your favorite.
Wow, I just realized I wasted my super bar. lol, tight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwGT_w1XHfQ

I know you didn't request this one, so I figured why not upload this too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CvOMrLyBJw

lol, block or jump... block... or jump...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrLOY1Lkm0

Other misc. clips are in the ps3 thread.
More match vids in the channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back