Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Don't know how Microsoft can take any heat post E3. They have done everything right since. What are you going to knock them for? Listening to gamers? That's a bad thing? Give me a break! This train is only picking up steam while the PS4 continue to get lost in the shuffle. We haven't heard anything when daily there are 100s of new X1 stories.
only argument they have is the price (in my mind is not bad for what you get with system) and the always on kinect which i ask them why they use the internet (gov watches like a hawk) have cams on phones (pretty much can be used when yo udon't have it on.

As to the last line, agreed as well. I'm not sure how much of a issue that will be for the X1, since it is designed to be always on by nature. I would assume, knowing Sony, that they have something similar in mind and just have not announced anything yet. It was pretty clear they got caught flat footed for the whole online thing, and have since realized just how important it is... arguably beating out Live in certain aspects. (Free games being the clear winner)
Well with PS+ it does deal with game updates over night automatically once you've played a game at least once. So it's just an issue when you put a game in for the first time and it has a ton of large updates (LittleBigPlanet and Gran Turisimo 5 where especially bad in that regard).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ps4 isn't going to get lost in anything.

I would rather them work on making things work the way they say rather then make announcers on it.

Its good that Microsoft is doing things to make their system more attractive.

But what does it matter what Sony is doing? Seems like you just want to try and prove Xbox is better which is fine as its all just personal preference.

I know VW and Timbo have been firmly in the Xbox One came since before E3 but for whatever reason, they keep wanting to bring up the PS4.

Don't know how Microsoft can take any heat post E3. They have done everything right since. What are you going to knock them for? Listening to gamers? That's a bad thing? Give me a break! This train is only picking up steam while the PS4 continue to get lost in the shuffle. We haven't heard anything when daily there are 100s of new X1 stories.
Based on consumer interest(google searches) since July 2013, the PS4 has been trending higher every day compared to the Xbox One.

Source: http://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=ps4#q=ps4%2C%20xbox%20one%2C%20wii%20u&date=7%2F2013%202m&cmpt=q

Before you say google searches don't matter, Google says "In fact, 84% of game sales can be predicted by search clicks."

Source: http://www.google.com/think/research-studies/understanding-the-modern-gamer.html

Its good that Microsoft is doing things to make their system more attractive.

But what does it matter what Sony is doing? Seems like you just want to try and prove Xbox is better which is fine as its all just personal preference.

I know VW and Timbo have been firmly in the Xbox One came since before E3 but for whatever reason, they keep wanting to bring up the PS4.
i never once said xbox is 100 percent better then ps but it's a knowing fact this last gen most people have said xbox live is a better service which is why most bigger mp games sell better on 360. All i ask from ps4 is when i get mine that i can download stuff at decent time and they have everything that makes xbox live great amazing party chat, great matchmaking and not have to add people to friends list just to invite them to games.

Word. WV and I are going to start talking about how awful the PS4 is just like we did in the last thread. Why? Because that's how we roll. We love complaining about people bringing up the PS4, but we actually like it just as long as it's negative.

Say anything positive about PS4 and we'll start whining and act as though we've never brought it up in this thread!

Word. WV and I are going to start talking about how awful the PS4 is just like we did in the last thread. Why? Because that's how we roll. We love complaining about people bringing up the PS4, but we actually like it just as long as it's negative.

Say anything positive about PS4 and we'll start whining and act as though we've never brought it up in this thread!
Here goes another thread.... :(

A mod can delete my comment. I should have known that htz, mr me and shock were just waiting for someone to mention it so they can troll the shit out of this thread.

I would rather we continue to have a place where we can get excited about the X1 and discuss it. Not this BS.

Plus who gives a shit what I say. Does it really warrant this big of a response? I haven't wavered once from my stance. Plus Timbo mentioned the PS earlier.

And so it begins...

Is it really hard to wait for Gamescom or TGS for more announcement? Why do you have to know everything right now considering both system launch dates have not been confirmed. You act like these systems are going to hit next week and have to make a decision now.
This is what we were saying after the Xbox One reveal when people demanded every detail for every feature in the first 2 weeks.

just amazing these things are out in 2-3 months seem like at e3 when it was five months away it was long time to go it's coming up fast i really can't wait.

When they mentioned that you could have multiple Xbox users on one console and share a Gold subscription if the "main" user had it -- was that just for the family plan (and has now been abandoned), or is it something they're still doing going forward? I remember reading about it in a few interviews but I was curious if it was part of the "Family Sharing" deal that was scrapped.

A mod can delete my comment. I should have known that htz, mr me and shock were just waiting for someone to mention it so they can troll the shit out of this thread.

I would rather we continue to have a place where we can get excited about the X1 and discuss it. Not this BS.

Plus who gives a shit what I say. Does it really warrant this big of a response? I haven't wavered once from my stance. Plus Timbo mentioned the PS earlier.

And so it begins...
I think you secretly want us to do that with your previous comment. You know it's not a Xbox One thread without us here. ;)

But on a serious note, I believe you were smart enough to know that PS4 comment would had provoked some sort of response.

just amazing these things are out in 2-3 months seem like at e3 when it was five months away it was long time to go it's coming up fast i really can't wait.
Not sure how my wallet will hold up this holiday season...

Yeah, with PS4 launch, a few games with that, some great PS3 and Wii U games and sprinkle in for a few 3DS games as well, my wallet is going to be hurting. I have close to $1000 in GS credit but damn I might need to do some more flipping to afford all that! lol.

When they mentioned that you could have multiple Xbox users on one console and share a Gold subscription if the "main" user had it -- was that just for the family plan (and has now been abandoned), or is it something they're still doing going forward? I remember reading about it in a few interviews but I was curious if it was part of the "Family Sharing" deal that was scrapped.
They are still going forward with it. Your Gold sub will be shared across the accounts on the console.

it's still in effect from last i heard

I should have known that htz, mr me and shock were just waiting for someone to mention it so they can troll the shit out of this thread.
Well, you are my hero and I follow your example!

Yep. From here on out no more BS. WV and I will actually attempt discussion with others. We will stop our never ending stream of smut. I know what you're thinking, we always contradict ourselves, but this time it's different. This time we actually sort of mean it...or we might just be tired of being owned all the time, we can't really tell the difference.

I most certainly do care about what you say, brah. That's why I always back you up! Whenever you declare the PS4 as crap...BOOM! Backup arrives!

VW and timbo, stop with trolling comments.  You have no right to complain about this thread getting derailed when you guys brought up the PS4 negatively.  That's the reason why people responded to it.

VW and timbo, stop with trolling comments. You have no right to complain about this thread getting derailed when you guys brought up the PS4 negatively. That's the reason why people responded to it.
i was not complaining about it getting derailed vw was i was not

Let's see if this gets deleted...............

Microsoft confirms the death of the Xbox guide. Now by hitting the Xbox button it will take you to the dashboard and keep your game running in the background. Pretty cool!

http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_drops_the_xbox_guide_2.html

Let's see if this gets deleted...............

Microsoft confirms the death of the Xbox guide. Now by hitting the Xbox button it will take you to the dashboard and keep your game running in the background. Pretty cool!

http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_drops_the_xbox_guide_2.html
I liked the guide personally. I hate how on the PS3 hitting the button just goes back to the XMB with the game running in the background.

I find the Xbox guide was much quicker for seeing who was online, seeing the achievement list for the game you're playing etc. vs. the busy dash with all the ads and junk. And that's for sure why they're getting rid of the guide as it will generate more ad views and thus more revenue from them.

Oh well, I'm sure the PS4 will be the same with just jumping back to their busy new dash too (and I'd be shocked if it didn't have ads too). I kind of miss the days when consoles had no visible OS and just jumped right into whatever game was in the tray/cartridge slot. but not really feasible anymore in the days of online gaming, friends list, digital games etc.

I don't mind going to the full dash. And my XMB has ads on it to so I assume so will the new OS. I don't know of the decision is as based or just trying to offer the full experience. And I think this fits into the switching experience more than anything. Pop out to watch tv and then back right into the game.

Yeah, I suppose.  That's just one of the things that doesn't appeal to me.  I only turn on a console if I plan on gaming for a few hours, so I'd never be popping back and forth between TV, as if there's something I want to watch I'm going to sit down and watch it.

I'm not much of a multi-tasker when it comes to my hobbies. :D  Too much multi-tasking all day at work, so nice to just chill out and vegout with one thing.

i like this news i know many times when i wanted to play music while playing a game it would mess up and say go to dashboard to fix this issue. As long as the switch from game to dashboard don't freeze the system im all for it.

No one deleted it, look again. Post #144:

Your posts are gold and everyone else's posts are junk? Nice to see you're posting exactly the same way as you always have!

Ditto

Ehhh. I like the guide.

So I read from a third party developer that both systems, hardware wise, are very good and essentially the same.

thats great news...its basically alt+tab for xbox. Minimize the game to do something else, then instantly pop back in.
I'd have to see it in action. The guide is super convenient to navigate to achievements, friends, parties, settings, etc. I'm having a hard time imagining navigating the full dash being as easy as the guide menu.

I'm not seeing any deleted posts from you.

I'm not deleting anything that isn't trolling or arguing.
Hmm. dmaul quoted me in post #61 but I'm not seeing my original post anymore. Maybe new website glitch?

I'd have to see it in action. The guide is super convenient to navigate to achievements, friends, parties, settings, etc. I'm having a hard time imagining navigating the full dash being as easy as the guide menu.
This. The current version of the friends list on the dashboard is basically unusable, but the version in the guide is great. It's hard to imagine creating parties, inviting friends, etc, all from the dashboard while you're trying to set up a game lobby. But I imagine the new version will be different and they'll find a way to make it work. Hopefully it doesn't suck!

Post 61 shows up as me quoting Corvin as well.

I'm guessing the post numbers are different for Trakan since mods can still see deleted (or hidden as they're called in the new software) posts.

So maybe it is showing up, but just a higher number?

Post 61 shows up as me quoting Corvin as well.

I'm guessing the post numbers are different for Trakan since mods can still see deleted (or hidden as they're called in the new software) posts.

So maybe it is showing up, but just a higher number?
Is my original post showing up for you? The one that you quoted?

Not a big deal, just seems odd.

bread's done
Back