Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

The issue is, your post is not wrong, it's a opinion. Like most opinion's, it's not "right or wrong" opinion's, but simply opinions.

We could engage in a pretty lively debate about what should or should not be behind a paywall, but in the end the entire discussion will be pointless.. with no ones opinions changing one bit, so why bother? ;)

Let's just say we have a difference of opinion, move on and talk about other things....

Like Crackdown 3! It's a comin! Hopefully we'll hear about another new exclusive or two at Gamescom as well.
I did say he could ignore my comment instead.

Can't wait for crackdown 3

Ashanti what are your guesses for Gamescon?
They still have a ton of studio's with nothing to report...

I'm thinking Crackdown 3, maybe Fable in some form or another, and perhaps Banjo maybe?

Also fully expect them to announce that all X1's will include a headset at launch.

My one thing I hope they do, which really does not have anything to do with the event, is change their stance on servers. I'm a little disappointed about FF14 not being released for X1 because of Microsoft's stance. I'll be playing it on PC anyway, but would be nice to grab another copy and let my son play with us, since I haven't built him a PC yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely think the headset will be announced and it looks really solid compared to the one included this gen.

I think we may get a date from both Sony and MS. And I really think the reports will be right and we could see the X1 on either 11/5 or 11/12/13 and the PS4 releasing some time 3 to 4 weeks later. I think it's hilarious the folks on Gaf are still holding on to the pipe dream of it launching in Oct :lol:

What are you guys thinking release date wise?

Why haven't they announced a wireless headset yet?
They have announced wireless third party ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-Four-Performance/dp/B00D96BMV8/

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-XO-Seven/dp/B00D96BJSO/

I definitely think the headset will be announced and it looks really solid compared to the one included this gen.

I think we may get a date from both Sony and MS. And I really think the reports will be right and we could see the X1 on either 11/5 or 11/12/13 and the PS4 releasing some time 3 to 4 weeks later. I think it's hilarious the folks on Gaf are still holding on to the pipe dream of it launching in Oct :lol:

What are you guys thinking release date wise?
I would prefer the 11/12/13 date, makes good marketing and really memorable.

If I could get the Day One achievement. I'd be completely ok with not having it for a couple months while my work gets it in, but damn that Day One achievo.

Watch Dogs is being heavly promoted as a PS4 launch title so unless it comes out before the launch of 360/ps3/wii U, im going to guess PS4 will come out Nov 19th. Right before black friday.

If I could get the Day One achievement. I'd be completely ok with not having it for a couple months while my work gets it in, but damn that Day One achievo.
I wonder how much those day one achievement codes will be selling on ebay. I hope Microsoft announces special offers for people that have the day one achievement. I'm sure it would be easy enough to offer discounts and have the system check to see if you have it.

I did notice on the Xbox Live page it says this:

"All xbox live gold members can take advantage of special deals and offers. Xbox one users can save even more through exclusive discounts."

So I wonder what kind of exclusive discounts we'll get.

I wonder how much those day one achievement codes will be selling on ebay. I hope Microsoft announces special offers for people that have the day one achievement. I'm sure it would be easy enough to offer discounts and have the system check to see if you have it.

I did notice on the Xbox Live page it says this:

"All xbox live gold members can take advantage of special deals and offers. Xbox one users can save even more through exclusive discounts."

So I wonder what kind of exclusive discounts we'll get.
i doudt it's a code im sure ms will be able to tell if your system is a day one system or not

i think both systems will be out before black friday. sony would be dumb to release this thing after black friday.

Sony has always said Holiday while MS has always said November. BF really doesn't matter to these systems. None of the systems will even be on sale that day as more than likely they will all be sold out.

I wouldnt think BF is a big concern for them or retailers. Doubt either system will pull a Wii U and not sell out. And I dont see retailers needing to drop prices or bundle it for a better value.

Console itself looked pretty big to me but I like everything else. The chat headset with the buttons down by the controller is an awesome idea I think. I wouldn't know because I never use a chat headset, but I could imagine it being annoying fiddling with the buttons on a headset while trying to play and enjoy yourself.

God that looks so good! Can't wait to get my hands on that puppy!

Love the chat headset too. So glad it's included. Gamescom is going to be huge.

i just really could not understand why since live got on xbox org that people some how bashed it left and right. People at like it's a 60 doller a month fee lol. even if you don't get it on sale what is so bad about 60 dollers a year? For the amount of entertainment i get out of xbox live every year it's nothing in my mind. If you just want to use xbox for things like netflix and other things and not much games then buy a streaming box bt heck for that price just buy xbox gold for a year.
That's just subjective though. Not everyone gets the same entertainment out of it. The people I know who bitched about it in real life were people who had no interest in online gaming and wanted to use Netflix as they didn't have other devices hooked up to the TV at the time with Netflix apps. And they were pissed to find they couldn't use it without paying for Live. That's mostly moot now since most newer TVs, Bluray players etc. have Netflix and Amazon and Hulu and all that stuff built in, and if not Roku boxes are on sale for $50ish often and are more convenient to use than a game console anyway (cheaper, smaller, quieter, use less power etc) for someone that's not a huge gamer anyway.

People on this site bitch left and right about paying for Live, but that's to be expected as it's a site that caters to tightwads. A lot of bitching on other sites is just Sony and Nintendo fanboys, as well as tightwads. I never had a problem paying for Live or PS+ and always found great value in both subscriptions. But everyone's different in terms of what they'll get out of it, how tight their budget is etc.

Anyway, some semi-surprising game preorder numbers from VGchartz that were posted in the PS4 thread here:

USA Pre-Order Chart
Week Ending 03rd Aug 2013
Pos - Game - Weeks To Launch - Weekly Change - Total
3. Call of Duty: Ghosts (X360) - 14 - 10,971 - 197,690
4. Battlefield 4 (X360) - 13 - 4,208 - 189,691
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3) - 14 - 6,271 - 109,800
14. Battlefield 4 (PS4) - 13 - 22,724 - 67,486 <-----
15. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) - 22 - 20,843 - 66,548 <-----
29. Call of Duty: Ghosts (XOne) - 22 - 3,059 - 45,749 <-----
40. Battlefield 4 (XOne) - 13 - 1,932 - 29,390 <-----

Not surprisingly, looks like the gamers into these military shooters are mostly sticking with 360 at least for this falls iterations.

Somewhat surprising the PS4 versions are running ahead of the X1 versions. Doubt its FPS gamer fans jumping ship, probably just the higher PS4 preorder numbers overall. In any case, it will be the Fall 2014 sales numbers for the next iteration of these games that will be more telling.

Xbox One, version 5.2.  

I'm thinking that, at some point, a mandatory update happens that takes away all the changes they made.  

Why is it seen as caving?

MS is listening to fans and people are acting like its a bad thing :lol:

Glad to see them put this in, although I didn't feel it was a big enough problem in the first place.

Somewhat sad when inclusion/exclusion of a simple headset makes as many waves as it does...

i think this video is leading up to a release date coming out at gdc :D it's really the last public conf they could do it at.  i think sony will anounce ps4 date at toko game show.

How much are we going to be able to flip that code for in a few years? :whee:
Not sure if you're joking, but I sold my founders code for CoD elite (just gave a couple emblems/tags for CoD games) for $60 a few weeks after the initial month ended (you got founder status for free if you signed up in the first month which was $50).

And yes the HE had seperate codes for founders status and 1 year of elite. So I STILL got founders status because I redeemed in the first month and got to sell the code. It was a joke

Not sure if you're joking, but I sold my founders code for CoD elite (just gave a couple emblems/tags for CoD games) for $60 a few weeks after the initial month ended (you got founder status for free if you signed up in the first month which was $50).

And yes the HE had seperate codes for founders status and 1 year of elite. So I STILL got founders status because I redeemed in the first month and got to sell the code. It was a joke
I'm dead serious. I got $35 bucks for whatever armor came with the Amazon Halo 4 preorder...people are weird.

I'm dead serious. I got $35 bucks for whatever armor came with the Amazon Halo 4 preorder...people are weird.
When I bought my Halo 4 Xbox 360 last year, I listed the Fotus Armor DLC on eBay without knowing how much it was worth. Profited $100 on that thing after eBay fees. I even asked the buyer what is so special about this armor, he replied" Not sure but my kid really wanted it". -_-

The big deal about including the headset is that otherwise you end up with the PS3, where most people don't have headsets because there isn't one in the box. Kinect for chat wasn't going to work for many and possibly most. I know my wife would not want Kinect chat on, nor would I want that on when my kids are playing games online. It's a poor substitute. So I'm glad they changed their minds.

When I bought my Halo 4 Xbox 360 last year, I listed the Fotus Armor DLC on eBay without knowing how much it was worth. Profited $100 on that thing after eBay fees. I even asked the buyer what is so special about this armor, he replied" Not sure but my kid really wanted it". -_-
Damn, I should have charged more!

Have any numbers been released on how many 'day one' editions will be released? Is it safe to assume all preorders are day one editions?

Damn, I should have charged more!

Have any numbers been released on how many 'day one' editions will be released? Is it safe to assume all preorders are day one editions?
If you trust a few retailers, no. The reason I said that is because GS said that not all preorders will be fulfilled on launch, which they also said that preorders do not guaruntee day 1

If you trust a few retailers, no. The reason I said that is because GS said that not all preorders will be fulfilled on launch, which they also said that preorders do not guaruntee day 1
Interesting. I ended up ordering through the MS Store and was told it would be a Day One Edition Thanks for the information. I can't imagine these will be that rare, probably several hundred thousand of them.

Interesting. I ended up ordering through the MS Store and was told it would be a Day One Edition Thanks for the information. I can't imagine these will be that rare, probably several hundred thousand of them.
Yeh M$ has never really pulled an Apple or Nintendo and really shortchange stock on release

I'm glad to see Microsoft caved again... I'm still waiting for them to remove the Kinect and release a cheaper option.
Not gonna happen. They've already said Kinect cost about as much to produce as the system itself. If they separated the two and let's say priced both at $250 no one would buy Kinect.

I know some people say they don't care, they don't want Kinect, but down deep I just know it's going to make this system such a better overall experience, especially when it really reaches its maximum potential.

Could you imagine if Apple decided cameras would be an option in their devices because some people "don't use FaceTime or care about it"? It stunts advancement of certain features of the device.

I guarantee you there will be at least one Kinect feature in it's run with Xbox One even the worst haters of it will look at and go, "wow. I would really love to use that".

Maybe it's just me being sort of bias, but as I've gotten older my overall interest has changed. The Xbox One being this overall media system is right up my alley. It might be more appealing to some people in 3 years than it is now.

As far as preorders and getting a Day One Edition. It's my understanding that when you preorder you either know or you don't want edition you are getting. GameStop told me I could still preorder but that it wouldn't be a Day One. I already have a Day One pre-ordered on Amazon.

Also, FWIW, IGN found both pieces of hardware "impressive"

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/08/ive-seen-a-real-xbox-one-kinect-game-in-action-and

Maybe, but I'm very skeptical they'll do anything with Kinect that makes me want one.  Cameras on smartphones and tablets are different as I want to take pics with my phone and Skype/FaceTime with both.  I don't have any interest in doing that on my TV.

Voice command stuff I just don't care about.  Have Siri on my iPhone 4S, haven't used it since the first week.

Gaming wise, I'm not interested in anything but traditional controls--I'd quit gaming if motion stuff, VR, voice commands etc. became the norm.

I'm not knocking Kinect, just saying that at 34 I'm pretty sure I know my tastes/interests pretty well and I'm pretty set in my ways on hobby stuff. :D  Kinect type stuff just doesn't appeal to me.  But I'm sure they'll do some stuff with it that many people love.

Not gonna happen. They've already said Kinect cost about as much to produce as the system itself. If they separated the two and let's say priced both at $250 no one would buy Kinect.

I know some people say they don't care, they don't want Kinect, but down deep I just know it's going to make this system such a better overall experience, especially when it really reaches its maximum potential.

Could you imagine if Apple decided cameras would be an option in their devices because some people "don't use FaceTime or care about it"? It stunts advancement of certain features of the device.

I guarantee you there will be at least one Kinect feature in it's run with Xbox One even the worst haters of it will look at and go, "wow. I would really love to use that".

Maybe it's just me being sort of bias, but as I've gotten older my overall interest has changed. The Xbox One being this overall media system is right up my alley. It might be more appealing to some people in 3 years than it is now.

As far as preorders and getting a Day One Edition. It's my understanding that when you preorder you either know or you don't want edition you are getting. GameStop told me I could still preorder but that it wouldn't be a Day One. I already have a Day One pre-ordered on Amazon.

Also, FWIW, IGN found both pieces of hardware "impressive"

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/08/ive-seen-a-real-xbox-one-kinect-game-in-action-and

Great post and great article. Thanks!

Maybe, but I'm very skeptical they'll do anything with Kinect that makes me want one. Cameras on smartphones and tablets are different as I want to take pics with my phone and Skype/FaceTime with both. I don't have any interest in doing that on my TV.

Voice command stuff I just don't care about. Have Siri on my iPhone 4S, haven't used it since the first week.

Gaming wise, I'm not interested in anything but traditional controls--I'd quit gaming if motion stuff, VR, voice commands etc. became the norm.

I'm not knocking Kinect, just saying that at 34 I'm pretty sure I know my tastes/interests pretty well and I'm pretty set in my ways on hobby stuff. :D Kinect type stuff just doesn't appeal to me. But I'm sure they'll do some stuff with it that many people love.
You and I being a year apart in age, I'm surprised the Xbox One doesn't appeal to you more. I'm not big on Kinect for games at all, probably won't ever buy a straight Kinect game, but the other stuff, like voice control over my TV channels has me salivating. I just think it's awesome to be able to channel surf hands free, or take a Skype call from my mother not having to stop playing NHL on Xbox.

bread's done
Back