Target Clearance Thread IX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3675 replies to this topic

#31 ronfear

ronfear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:38 AM

I walked up and down the aisles looking for a few of these games in Marlboro, MA and Leominster, MA and found none left already. bummer..

#32 DoctorArch

DoctorArch

Curmudgeon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

Thank you Target Clearance Thread, for helping me find cheap PC games at crazy discounts.

Oh yeah, and also helping me to resist Gothic 3 for 4.99, because it's a buggy mess (the blokes over at Penny-Arcade forums helped too).
Thank you CAG, for making grad school more enjoyable (and cheap).

#33 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:53 PM

OK, well, I was just wondering because in one of the threads in the DVD forum, some guy asked us to stop talking about details of some of the DVDs that were on sale, even though it might've helped some people decide whether or not they wanted to purchase the DVDs. And also, there is a separate forum on other deals. I don't think I'll ever get how this place works. :roll:

That's because he's an asshole and/or an idiot. We, however, are not. :D

Generally, the rules about what goes where have a lot of room for flexibility as long as you're remotely close. The guy who reposted one small DVD sale in the gaming forum, for instance, got complaints because "DVD Deals" is pretty self explanatory. Ditto for people who spam the site with trade lists when we've got an area set aside for that. Just don't do things like that - things that would be obvious if you took a minute to look at the board names when you signed up - and you'll be fine. :D

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#34 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

Got the last Gothic 3 for 10 bucks, Chromehounds is still 21.99 or so here on clearance sadly, ill nab it if its 13 or less.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#35 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:46 AM

That's because he's an asshole and/or an idiot. We, however, are not. :D

Generally, the rules about what goes where have a lot of room for flexibility as long as you're remotely close. The guy who reposted one small DVD sale in the gaming forum, for instance, got complaints because "DVD Deals" is pretty self explanatory. Ditto for people who spam the site with trade lists when we've got an area set aside for that. Just don't do things like that - things that would be obvious if you took a minute to look at the board names when you signed up - and you'll be fine. :D

You forgot about the shmucks who :spam:CAG with those 'do 3 offers get a free prize' things when they're such a new member it can't help but be an ad for a site they probably personally own.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#36 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:55 AM

uh, whoa. I've seen old Xbox live 12 month cards all over the place at Target. gonna go snag some tomorrow :)

#37 ddrisgood137

ddrisgood137

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:47 AM

Batman Lego's? What was MSRP?

#38 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:49 AM

Batman Lego's? What was MSRP?

I believe the poster said 99.99.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#39 monkeydeew

monkeydeew

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:08 AM

i saw a lego batmobile 75%off 14.99

#40 cdrober

cdrober

Something....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:06 AM

Hey, don't know if this is off topic, I hope it isn't...

I'm new to the Charlotte, NC area and I was wondering if there are any good targets around here? I went to the one near...Matthew (sP?) I think it was or something...can anyone recommend any good ones that maybe have better clearances than others? I'm willing to drive a bit if that makes any difference...

#41 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:15 AM

Not clearance but Virtua Tennis for the 360 has a temporary price cut for $34.99

#42 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

Springfield, IL
SW: Battlefront 2, PC, $4.98

This had sat there a while and although I got it on Xbox soon after release on the Kmart/Wal-Mart price match glitch $15 price, I figured with the mods available it would be worth it to grab it on PC.

This was the last one.

They had a lot of bargain PC titles for $2.98 too, and Dawn of War: Dark Crusade for $7.48

#43 daminion

daminion

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:46 PM

Went to target this morning hoping to find some X% off GBA stuff, but there wasn't anything yet. All of the GBA games have been moved to the endcap and are piled in there among a bunch of Xbox & PS2 games. Nothing is marked down... yet.

#44 darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13

Cheaply-Caped Crusader

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for the clearance to hit the GBA stuff at the local Target. There's plenty of games left, and even a few pink GBA SP2 units. I'll spring for one of those, if they hit 75% off. :D
I am the dryer that eats all your left socks...
I am the weedwhacker in the garden of evil...
I am the terror that flaps in the night...
I am...DARKWING DUCK!

#45 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:46 PM

Mine still has a ton of Micros... ringing up at $79. Ouch.

#46 happyorangeman

happyorangeman

Hoo-Ray for CAG's!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

Here is what I found last night.

Item: The Fugitive (HD-DVD)
Clearance Price: $4.96

It had the long white and red clearance sticker on the back and rang up "High Definition" with that price. Other than that it was pretty slim pickins.

#47 pcktlnt

pcktlnt

(vD ' ' )vD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

I went to 5 Targets around my area...nothing, absolutely nothing from the lists. Maybe I'm slow and other gamers beat me to the purchase or the stores here don't particpate...*sad face*

I'm in the San Jose, CA area. Did any CAGs from here get anything?
Cheers :)
2014 Completed ... Games
2014 Spending ... Games ... Movies

#48 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:07 PM

I went to 5 Targets around my area...nothing, absolutely nothing from the lists. Maybe I'm slow and other gamers beat me to the purchase or the stores here don't particpate...*sad face*

I'm in the San Jose, CA area. Did any CAGs from here get anything?
Cheers :)

LOL @ the list, good luck finding much of any of that stuff at this point ....

Although it could be said with more eloquence, that post should be added to the end of the initial post. Target clearance is EXTREMELY YMMV!

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#49 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:57 PM

Although it could be said with more eloquence, that post should be added to the end of the initial post. Target clearance is EXTREMELY YMMV!

Yeah, you're right. Most of the stuff that was added first to the list (the 8th I think?) should be disregarded except for some of the PC games, which seem to be easier to find even later on during the clearance.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#50 rjarmstrong100

rjarmstrong100

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:30 PM

Was at my Target today looking for any clearance stuff, they had absolutely nothing. BUT they did put tons of new games into the endcap (the one that has the clearance stuff and the stuff that will be put on clearance in the near future). Of worth there was a few DS titles and some Wii games, though one of the Wii games seemed to just be out of place.

Marble Madness (Wii); Ant Bully (Wii)
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (DS); FF3

#51 io

io

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:23 AM

We probably should be on the look out for these this month. The back of those cards say they expire June 2007. The question is will Microsoft actually care...

I was looking at those the other day (the ones with the Vision camera). They are good till June 2008. It is the older set (of which I managed to get two several months ago when they were on sale) which was June 2007. That reminds me, I need to redeem one of those! Unless there are different versions of the Vision Camera pack - the ones at my Target, anyway, said June 2008.

When I stack that with the 3 month card I picked up a few weeks ago from Target ($7.48) I'll have over 2 years of Live paid for + 3 headsets + Bankshot Billiards + Joust + 600 MS points for less than $50.

The 3-month set that I picked up was unmarked and for some reason the UPC was all faded (it was where the sealing tape was and somehow that made it fade). It took them 30 minutes to figure out what to do with it. The store manager took it in the back to look it up. But of course, all she did was look it up on the Target web site, when I told them in advance it was probably out of the system. She found the 12 month kit and at first was going to give me 33% off that for the price (like $37 or something) :lol:. In the meantime I called my wife and had her look up the 3-month kit on ebay to get the UPC. Finally they enter that and, of course, it is "Item not found" but they look up the last price and FINALLY find the $7.48. I'm not sure it was worth all the trouble, but, anyway, I'm a CAG so I coulnd't resist. Fortunately I was there by myself (no kids) so I could bide my time.

I'm glad Target clearanced these June 2007 expiring kits out, though. Another place that had tons of both types (12 and 3 month) near me is the NW chain Fred Meyer. They had a bunch at full MSRP a month ago or so. Yesterday I went in and they were all gone - obviously removed, as I keep close tabs on their clearances. I wonder if these stores can get credit from MS for the expiring kits? Someone out there ought to know about that!

PS - A pet peeve if mine on CAG is when new threads pop up for perfectly servicable old threads. I just thought nothing was going on at Target because the Target clearance thread fell off my page of subscribed threads. Then I find this new one today. I know this is probably impossible, but it would be nice if there was a feature to carry subscriptions over to thread "sequels". Fortunately it doesn't look like I missed any wonderful set of clearance items as a result (that has happened before).

#52 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:28 AM

I'm glad Target clearanced these June 2007 expiring kits out, though. Another place that had tons of both types (12 and 3 month) near me is the NW chain Fred Meyer. They had a bunch at full MSRP a month ago or so. Yesterday I went in and they were all gone - obviously removed, as I keep close tabs on their clearances. I wonder if these stores can get credit from MS for the expiring kits? Someone out there ought to know about that!

Interesting. Any Target employees here that can enlighten us? I guess it wouldn't be a surprise if Microsoft said to destroy the old cards or recall them, and then send off new ones. Sounds like a silly move to have an expiration date in the first place, but I digress.

Waiting for word on a GBA clearance... Definitely holding out for that.

#53 io

io

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:38 AM

Interesting. Any Target employees here that can enlighten us? I guess it wouldn't be a surprise if Microsoft said to destroy the old cards or recall them, and then send off new ones. Sounds like a silly move to have an expiration date in the first place, but I digress.

Yeah, it seems wierd. But maybe it is to prevent a warehouse of unsold kits from being bought up cheap 2 years from now, thus flooding the market with cheap 12-month cards? That presumes that newer kits have "cooler" stuff (like the Vision cam) making older ones less desireable at full MSRP. It seems if they hadn't put expiration dates on the original kits they could still sell them for $50-$60, if nothing else (sicne the $20 game coupons expired long ago). But there are definitely stores out there that will be stuck with these things unless MS has a robust recall/exchange program, or they clearanced them out in advance like Target and Kmart.

Anyways, I just applied the second 12-month card to my account and now I'm good through 5/1/2009 :lol:. I have the 3-month card to add still too... (So these are nice compared to the standalone cards that are sometimes only good for new accounts).

#54 monkeydeew

monkeydeew

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:29 AM

lego batman bat airplane was 50% off

#55 macross_zz

macross_zz

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:46 AM

Went to the local stores today (SD area), did not find any of the items above.
Was hoping to at least get the lego kits for me..Err...I mean for my kids.

GBA items not on sale either...guess I have to wait.

#56 Nemo_Hyde

Nemo_Hyde

Retired Gentleman Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:28 PM

I'm ready. Just took a part-time job at Target ;)
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged" -G.K. Chesterton

#57 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

I'm ready. Just took a part-time job at Target ;)

Where?

#58 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:33 PM

lego batman bat airplane was 50% off

oh snap! thanks! i actually need this one

mgs.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#59 H-Town Info

H-Town Info

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

I'll be searching around 3 targets today for those xbl cards
Posted Image

It never ends and there's always somebody out there with better shit than you, explain this to him while you put your foot in his ass. Violence is the only answer sometimes. Most of the time. All the time.

#60 Nemo_Hyde

Nemo_Hyde

Retired Gentleman Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

NJ. Overnight stocker - bottom rung.

Quit my day job awhile ago ... need something part time with steady pay to supplement, and overnight pays better than any other retail.

Plus target has bonuses (10% discount) and the benefit of being the first one there when clearance prices drop.
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged" -G.K. Chesterton