Target Clearance Thread IX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3675 replies to this topic

#661 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:29 PM

I also got a pair of those svideo cables last week. Figured it couldn't hurt to have an extra pair. I just wish I hadn't passed on the $10 ps3 component cables a few weeks ago.

Yesterday, I picked up:
$3.74 GE 12ft component cable
$3.74 D-Link network card

I also passed on some guitars for $65. I don't need one, but I would be tempted if they go lower.

#662 n8littlefield

n8littlefield

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:41 PM

Saw Snoopy, Titan Quest and Railroads for 4.95 today. I grabbed Railroads.
Posted Image

#663 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

Nabbed a PS3 Cyclone S-Video cable for 3.74 or so and Darwinia for about 2.50, last copy of Darwinia sorry guys, but its mine. :O

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#664 Ski Hawk

Ski Hawk

Digimon Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:19 PM

If I were your friend, I would tell you I don't understand how every great game is great. Maybe then you'd buy me a lot of clearanced great games. Is that wrong as a "hot deal"? :P

He has seen me play it and heard me rant about it many times, but he refuses to buy it, even at $10.

#665 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:34 PM

:xbox: NBA 07 13.98 (EA Sports)

Also, stumbled upon a Magnavox 37" HDTV for 633 or 663. How could I forget already?:wall: It was 15% off.

Picked up three Nyko Play and Charges. Two are available for trade. Also, none of the 360 clearance games are marked at this store and have a good shot at getting to 75% and I can get just about any PC game except the ever popular Darwinia for 75% off at several Targets here so if anyone wants in, please PM.

EDIT: Sorry, the last part will go to the trade thread.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#666 the_fibbler

the_fibbler

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:16 PM

I grabbed four Virtua Tennis for PS3 at a price of $4.96 each. They didn't have a usual clearance sticker, but rather some other large red sticker with its own bar code. It said "as is" on the sticker as well. It was the first time I'd seen one like that, but they were still sealed, so its all good. I'm pretty sure YMMV.

#667 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:19 PM

I grabbed four Virtua Tennis for PS3 at a price of $4.96 each. They didn't have a usual clearance sticker, but rather some other large red sticker with its own bar code. It said "as is" on the sticker as well. It was the first time I'd seen one like that, but they were still sealed, so its all good. I'm pretty sure YMMV.

Lucky bastard :O

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#668 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:23 PM

okay guys I need clarifcation on the component cables for the PS3. are the sony brands on clearance or the psyclone brand?
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#669 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

I've seen these more often recently. First it was damaged box stuff like a bike trailer and rollerblades. Then a BluRay 8 Under or whatever (the dog sledding movie) for like 1.97 and today one of the Bond Ultimate DVD sets for 35 down from 70. The electronics stuff looked ot be in perfect shape, so I dunno why. To be honest, some stuff that was marked like this I had never seen in any Target before such as the bike trailer. And they're always on clearance endcaps. Anyways, it definitely looks YMMV to me. And great find, by the way.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#670 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:05 AM

i saw Eragon, Untold legends PSP, Da Vinci for Xbox for $13.98. i passed. The guitar hero III case for the wireless controller for the 360 is $4.98.

#671 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:08 AM

okay guys I need clarifcation on the component cables for the PS3. are the sony brands on clearance or the psyclone brand?

Both are.

11317.png

#672 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:31 AM

Found a handful of the 360 Guitar Hero bags for about $5.40 with tax...extra available, pm...

and a PSP "Mivies to PSP" software pack for $10 - is this worth it? or is there freeware to accomplish DVD to PSP ?

#673 CokeCola

CokeCola

Bite the Wax Tadpole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:33 AM

I've seen these more often recently. First it was damaged box stuff like a bike trailer and rollerblades. Then a BluRay 8 Under or whatever (the dog sledding movie) for like 1.97 and today one of the Bond Ultimate DVD sets for 35 down from 70. The electronics stuff looked ot be in perfect shape, so I dunno why. To be honest, some stuff that was marked like this I had never seen in any Target before such as the bike trailer. And they're always on clearance endcaps. Anyways, it definitely looks YMMV to me. And great find, by the way.

Target uses the as-is labels to sell both damaged merchandise and items they end up with that the store doesn't sell. They generally get the latter from mis-picks (and one or two other ways...) - something gets mis-packaged at the DC, so instead of a box of donuts they end up with Spanish-language DVDs. They need to use the as-is label because 1) the bar code won't scan as anything, 2) even if you stuck a normal bar code on it, there's nothing to sell it as that won't impact inventory, and 3) there's no where to put it.*

The thing is, sometimes bar codes on items the store is supposed to have still don't scan - the UPC that comes in isn't the one headquarters attached to the DCPI for the store. Some stores interpret that as a mis-pick and re-label the item. This happened to Rainbow-Six: Vegas for the PS3 when it came out. Other, smarter stores will print out their own bar code for the item, or better yet, tie the actual UPC to the Target DCPI (but not everyone knows how to do that).

*I think mis-picks are actually supposed to be sent back to the DC, but for various reasons, that often doesn't happen.

#674 8bitlover

8bitlover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:17 AM

I went to a local Target (Lakewood CA) and found that they had Pokemon XD for the GameCube for 14.99. They had a rack set up and a shelf tag for that price. It might be at all Targets.

#675 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:37 AM

This should probably be in the Target clearance thread.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#676 the_fibbler

the_fibbler

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:50 AM

Target uses the as-is labels to sell both damaged merchandise and items they end up with that the store doesn't sell. They generally get the latter from mis-picks (and one or two other ways...) - something gets mis-packaged at the DC, so instead of a box of donuts they end up with Spanish-language DVDs. They need to use the as-is label because 1) the bar code won't scan as anything, 2) even if you stuck a normal bar code on it, there's nothing to sell it as that won't impact inventory, and 3) there's no where to put it.*

The thing is, sometimes bar codes on items the store is supposed to have still don't scan - the UPC that comes in isn't the one headquarters attached to the DCPI for the store. Some stores interpret that as a mis-pick and re-label the item. This happened to Rainbow-Six: Vegas for the PS3 when it came out. Other, smarter stores will print out their own bar code for the item, or better yet, tie the actual UPC to the Target DCPI (but not everyone knows how to do that).

*I think mis-picks are actually supposed to be sent back to the DC, but for various reasons, that often doesn't happen.

Thanks for adding this! I was really curious as to what might be "wrong" with some of those products, and your post makes a lot of sense

#677 monkeydeew

monkeydeew

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:30 AM

still might trade in at gs for 14 bones

#678 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:18 AM

This should probably be in the Target clearance thread.

Except that Target clearance prices end in .98 .48 or .74. A $14.99 price point would mean it's the new price for this game instore.
gwensigol8.png

#679 Jewelz23

Jewelz23

one spec @ a time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:02 AM

thanks for this, i'll check my target out tomorrow.

#680 Filbert

Filbert

tough nut to crack

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:19 AM

It's sad how I'd buy this and play through it just to get Lugia onto my Pearl version legitimately.
Posted Image

#681 Sn0brawler

Sn0brawler

We are free roving bovine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:08 AM

It's sad how I'd buy this and play through it just to get Lugia onto my Pearl version legitimately.

You wouldn't be alone.

Hey, don't look at me.

#682 jasu

jasu

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:48 AM

That's the reason I picked it up at Sears a couple months ago for $20.

#683 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:06 AM

My Target had TONS of these last I checked. They rang up $30, though. I'll have to check this weekend if they've dropped.
-Michael

Posted Image

#684 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:18 AM

u can do that? wow

#685 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:47 AM

I can confirm this too. The Target I went to had at least 5 copies correctly tagged on the shelf for $14.99, regular price, not a clearance.

Also of note, they completely redid the video game section. All the older system games under $20 were out in a new aisle set up in rows similar to greeting cards, and all the glass cases were almost empty. That new set-up looks like it would be way too easy to steal games, so I'm not sure why they'd even do that.

#686 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

Would a 7 year old get anything out of this game? Could he figure it out? My son started watching Pokemon a few weeks ago and -loves- it.

#687 Jasonlydon

Jasonlydon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:33 PM

Not sure if it was mentioned already (only checked the last 6 or so pages), but picked up SF Alpha 3 Max (PSP) for 13.88.

Mega Man X (PSP) was also 13.88.

Can't remember anything else at the moment.

#688 y2jedi

y2jedi

Klaatu varata nicto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

Spotted yesterday @ Springhurst Target:

Xbox:
Godfather - 12.98
Path of Neo - 12.98

360:
Tiger '07 - 24.98
NHL '07 - 24.98
Tomb Raider - 14.98

DS:
Lost Magic - 12.98

That was about it, nothing for me. Hopefully more to come.
[IMG]http://http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/gow/y2jedi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/gow/y2jedi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.gatenext.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/videogames-205.gif[/IMG]

#689 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

Wait, which Guitar Hero bags are these (link w/ pic, please)? Surely the bags will work for the GHIII Wii controller(s)? I could use one of those if it does...

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#690 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

Picked up Stonghold: Legends for 5$ and a couple more casual games for 5$ a piece. A little OT but the guitar clearance is on in full force, I picked up a distortion pedal 10$, a training video 3$, a cords book 3$ all 75% off. They had a ton of electric guitars, so it's early xmas shopping for me.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes