Target Clearance Thread IX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3675 replies to this topic

#61 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:04 PM

Interesting. Any Target employees here that can enlighten us? I guess it wouldn't be a surprise if Microsoft said to destroy the old cards or recall them, and then send off new ones. Sounds like a silly move to have an expiration date in the first place, but I digress.

Sent to Goodwill?

#62 Nemo_Hyde

Nemo_Hyde

Retired Gentleman Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:09 PM

possible. though I haven't seen any at my goodwill (which gets the clearnace from several targets it seems).

Found a DS Wifi adapter ($10), Wiimote ($10, broken, but Nintendo replaced for free) and 2 copies of C&C 3 ($3 and $8) all in the last month. But no XBL cards.
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged" -G.K. Chesterton

#63 Oxygen

Oxygen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:33 AM

Hey all - I went to Target yesterday looking for Condemned. This Target was the only one within 50 miles that showed "Limited Availability" for it, but of course, they had no copies. I looked around the video game section, and hidden behind a bunch of PS2 games was Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. It had a clearance tag and was marked $7.54 down from $59.99. The UPC is 018946010489. I realize it may not be the greatest game, but for $7.54, it does not really make a difference to me.

So to summarize:
UPC: 018946010489
Game: Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (XBox 360)
Price: $7.54

-- Oxygen

#64 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:23 PM

If found Neverwinter Nights Diamond (pc) for $4.98. Other than that i never find anything good at target clearance anymore.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#65 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

Hey all - I went to Target yesterday looking for Condemned. This Target was the only one within 50 miles that showed "Limited Availability" for it, but of course, they had no copies. I looked around the video game section, and hidden behind a bunch of PS2 games was Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. It had a clearance tag and was marked $7.54 down from $59.99. The UPC is 018946010489. I realize it may not be the greatest game, but for $7.54, it does not really make a difference to me.

So to summarize:
UPC: 018946010489
Game: Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (XBox 360)
Price: $7.54

-- Oxygen

Thanks for getting back to a possible deal. lol. I'm going to check this out.

*edit - no luck. They had plenty of copies but they were all $29.99.

#66 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

This isn't a video game deal, but since we lump all of the Target clearance into her and I don't think it's worthy of a new thread...

I've been seeing a two pack of Spider-Man 3 action figures on clearance at a lot of stores, a sand-covered Spider-Man and Sandman packaged together with a box that says something like "Sand Battle Blast." I found the package today for $3.24, and I couldn't pass it up for that price. Keep an eye out for it - most of the stores in Metro Detroit have a lot left, and if it's going to get that cheap, I'm guessing a lot of you would be interested. :D

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#67 Flying PJ

Flying PJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:21 PM

Port Charlotte, FL:

Gothic 3 - $9.98 1 left.

#68 monkeydeew

monkeydeew

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:23 PM

Port Charlotte, FL:

Gothic 3 - $9.98 1 left.

good thing? ive never played computer games

#69 RisingZan

RisingZan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:36 AM

Sony brand "For Playstation 3" HDMI cable: $14.98 (was $59.99)
Having no one to turn to, Servbot turns to drinking....and likes what he finds.
Posted Image

#70 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:12 AM

Found 2 copies of The Fugitive on HD DVD. They didn't scan (item not found) and when I brought it to the register they told me $19 after 2 minutes of searching. Guess I'll wait till they hit Goodwill.

#71 grendel19

grendel19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

good thing? ive never played computer games

Considering that Gothic 3 only came out a few months ago, excellent clearance price. But supposedly this game is very buggy.

Playing:
:pc: Dead Space 3; Fallout New Vegas (on break)
:ps3:
:360: Halo 2
Feedbacks: CAG | Heat | ebay

#72 Masume

Masume

Adama's XO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

Considering that Gothic 3 only came out a few months ago, excellent clearance price. But supposedly this game is very buggy.

Picked up the game at the same store listed. Well worth the price! Not really buggy thus far, and it's a pretty kick arse game.
See my trade and sale list!

"There's just some things you just don't do Colonel, not even in war..."

Posted Image

#73 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

Gothic 3 is pretty much unfinishable - hell, some people can't even get it to run.

The developer has given up on patches, as well, so it will forever be broke.

There is a good reason it's clearance after a few months.

I wouldn't support the developers of this game even if it was $2 since they put out a buggy product at retail and then just abandoned it.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#74 Masume

Masume

Adama's XO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:09 PM

Gothic 3 is pretty much unfinishable - hell, some people can't even get it to run.

The developer has given up on patches, as well, so it will forever be broke.

There is a good reason it's clearance after a few months.

I wouldn't support the developers of this game even if it was $2 since they put out a buggy product at retail and then just abandoned it.

Odd, I run it fine, and I haven't run into any bugs as of yet after applying the last patch out. Good game thus far.
See my trade and sale list!

"There's just some things you just don't do Colonel, not even in war..."

Posted Image

#75 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

damn $7.54 for DOA xtreme 2! too bad theres nothing around me.

#76 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

damn $7.54 for DOA xtreme 2! too bad theres nothing around me.

Still $29.99 here behind glass door.

#77 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:29 PM

Don't be angry, but I gots a question about the bikes at Target. Anyone know when they go on clearance? There's a schwinn I'm looking at (Roxie, a VERY pink bike :oops:). It's not a bad price straight up, but I was wondering if the bikes ever go clearance at Target.
gwensigol8.png

#78 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:50 PM

Lafayette IN has a bunch of the PSP Psyclones on clearance for 25, I picked one up, still like 5 left.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#79 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:51 PM

some people can't even get it to run.

I'm on that list. Its pretty lame, avoid at all costs. :( Worst part is my PC can run LOTRO on uber-high settings. Something is a bit off here eh?

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#80 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

Don't be angry, but I gots a question about the bikes at Target. Anyone know when they go on clearance? There's a schwinn I'm looking at (Roxie, a VERY pink bike :oops:). It's not a bad price straight up, but I was wondering if the bikes ever go clearance at Target.

id say maybe before school stars in september. i remember seeing them on clearance at that time. im not too sure anymore since that was awhile ago.

Lafayette IN has a bunch of the PSP Psyclones on clearance for 25, I picked one up, still like 5 left.

these were $49.99 still at the target by me. i really want one for some reason.. once they hit $25 you really gotta buy em cause these days they will just donate them to goodwill if nobody buys it at that price.

#81 daminion

daminion

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:04 PM

I saw these in Parma, OH and Fairlawn, OH at the same price.

I doubt they will drop any lower since this is 75% off and I haven't seen target stuff go 90% off in about a year.

#82 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:25 PM

Bikes clearance out at the end of the season usually...which would be fall/winter but as late as early spring...they have to make room for the new models that come out in early spring. Same with most other sporting goods.

Watch for sales throughout the summer though.

If you want a really good deal on a bike, start going to garage sales...I see like new bikes that originally retailed for $200+ for around $10-20 at garage sales all the time. Like most exercise/recreation equipment, people buy them with good intentions, never use them, then sell them because they need the space in their garage.

Banner1.png

#83 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:22 AM

Bikes clearance out at the end of the season usually...which would be fall/winter but as late as early spring...they have to make room for the new models that come out in early spring. Same with most other sporting goods.

Thanks for the info Rictor and phear3d. I didn't know when the new models came out.

Watch for sales throughout the summer though.

I'll do that.

If you want a really good deal on a bike, start going to garage sales...I see like new bikes that originally retailed for $200+ for around $10-20 at garage sales all the time.

That's a great suggestion.

Unfortunately, most of where I live is new developments and sub-divisions (arggghhh!!) and the only stuff I find at garage & church sales are baby clothes and toys and maternity wear. Some stuff from elementary age kids, but that's about it. ...it's depressing actually. I go once in a very great while, and wind up feeling I'm the only single person and/or kid-free person within a 50 mile radius.
gwensigol8.png

#84 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:49 AM

I should really check my local Target, since they almost always have some of the clearance items, though I only still want that damned 'tourist book' from the San Andreas PC version. I don't even want the game, since I have it for both Xbox and PS2 already.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#85 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

I take it there's no new clearance news this week? I would go out and scope out the scene myself, but the weather's too hot and humid for me to put in the effort.

#86 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:23 PM

Still $29.99 here behind glass door.

same here

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#87 Kojubat

Kojubat

Not a Pokémon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:26 PM

I take it there's no new clearance news this week? I would go out and scope out the scene myself, but the weather's too hot and humid for me to put in the effort.

I just checked a Super Target in Kissimmee, FL this morning and didn't see anything gaming related.

In other departments, the summer seasonal stuff was 75% and extremely picked over. Some Eddie Bower camping accessories that I hadn't noticed before. There was a bunch of sauces/soups/marinades in the food section. That about sums it up for this particular store.

#88 Oxygen

Oxygen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

Hey all - I went around to see if I could find another copy of DOAX2 at other Targets in the area for you guys, but it was $30 behind glass as you guys have reported. I guess it just goes to show that these clearances are really store dependent some times.

Good deal hunting everyone

-- Oxygen

#89 flynsk

flynsk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:49 PM

Legos! Nice!

#90 mephitical

mephitical

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Bellevue, WA Target has one DOAX2 for $15 and two copies of TMNT PC for $7.48 and that's all for games.
I get a ton of Wii points from Points2Shop for free. I bet you wish you did too.
Gaminglagoon.com is called gaminglagoon.com.

Posted Image

Dr. Mario Rx Online: 2237 3076 4051 Mario Kart Wii: 4897 - 6380 - 1885 (PM me if you add me so I can add you)