Target Clearance Thread XVII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4298 replies to this topic

#31 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

Did someone shit in here? It smells awful.

Subscribed.

~~ Must've been me. The smell has dissipated.
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everyone else's stinks"

#32 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

Nothing good at our Target today. Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core for $9.xx. Beatles RockBand (game only for 360) $19.xx.

I did pick up a crappy little "trio" digital picture frame for $5.xx. My wife wanted one for her desk at work. Hopefully this will get me laid.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#33 The SPism

The SPism

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

not sure if this was posted but I saw Army of Two Two for PS3 on clearance I think it was 42 or something like that

#34 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

Anyone got a picture of the clearance maple shelves?(249-05-0027)

I found a store that they dropped to $7.48 at, but I couldn't locate a set of the shelves. :(
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#35 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:53 PM

I did pick up a crappy little "trio" digital picture frame for $5.xx. My wife wanted one for her desk at work. Hopefully this will get me laid.

LOL........that is quite possibly the funniest line I have ever seen in my 7 years of being on CAG!!!!!
Posted Image

#36 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

I picked up Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe PS3 for 7.48 yesterday....only 1 copy was left.

#37 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

LOL........that is quite possibly the funniest line I have ever seen in my 7 years of being on CAG!!!!!

amen

Edited by aleraiders, 29 July 2010 - 06:01 PM.

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#38 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Target in Spfld, MO changed the video game section to the plastic cases, so did Joplin, MO. It seems like there are no 360, PS3 clearance games. Just PS2. It seems like they have more room this way so maybe the need to clearance for newer games is gone.

#39 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

Went two days ago and saw that Fight Night Round 4 was $7.48 but it was sold out

#40 dashrendar

dashrendar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

I found a store that they dropped to $7.48 at, but I couldn't locate a set of the shelves. :(

Are you talking about the bookcase?

Currently Playing:
:360: Dishonored

RelievedSquid.jpg

#41 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:42 AM

Hate those new displays. Hardly any room for clearance items. Didn't find anything at all really. Did notice that one of the local Targets is resetting and such.

#42 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:42 AM

YAY I love the scent of a new thread

#43 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:43 AM

YAY I love the scent of a new thread

It has a little stink, kind of like fish or something. Oh well, I can deal with it.

#44 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:48 AM

Saw Bayonetta PS3 for $14.98 but passed...

#45 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:59 AM

Saw Bayonetta PS3 for $14.98 but passed...

If I saw it at that price I'd pick it up. Wouldn't mind having a sealed copy since I simply LOVE that game.

#46 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

If I saw it at that price I'd pick it up. Wouldn't mind having a sealed copy since I simply LOVE that game.

I would have gotten it if I didn't already beat it on 360.

#47 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:25 AM

Are you talking about the bookcase?

Yes, the bookcases have dropped to 75% off at some stores. There's other particle board furniture pretty cheap as well. (Computer desks and at least one of the nicer TV stands).

Dabamus, I don't have a picture but I grabbed one set at 7.48. If I can find more, I'm thinking of frankensteining them together into a custom layout with extra shelves.

Maybe it's the complete lack of video game clearance lately, but I'm searching the entire store extra hard now for cheap stuff. At $30, I had zero interest in the bookcase. But at 75% off, I gotta have it. Curse of being an over-consumer. :)
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#48 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:44 AM

So is all clearance at Target is YMMV now, not just the prices?

Because Xmen, NGS2, MUA2, Bayonetta and other titles for ps3 are all still full price at all the Targets around here and their are loads of copies....

I did pick up some monster components for PS3 for 10 bucks....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Denzalo

Denzalo

The Stampede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:00 AM

Oooh, MK vs. DC for 7.48? Time to go check my targets that have it in!

Denzalo.png

#50 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:44 AM

picked up ski doo challenge for 4.98, figure at that price it's worth a try. a bunch of ps2 games ranging from 13.98 and up and wii cabela dangerous hunts 2009 for 20.98.
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#51 Neotribal

Neotribal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

I saw Sonic's Genesis Collection (greatest hits) for 360 at $13.98 yesterday

#52 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

Yes, the bookcases have dropped to 75% off at some stores. There's other particle board furniture pretty cheap as well. (Computer desks and at least one of the nicer TV stands).

Dabamus, I don't have a picture but I grabbed one set at 7.48. If I can find more, I'm thinking of frankensteining them together into a custom layout with extra shelves.

Maybe it's the complete lack of video game clearance lately, but I'm searching the entire store extra hard now for cheap stuff. At $30, I had zero interest in the bookcase. But at 75% off, I gotta have it. Curse of being an over-consumer. :)

Yea, I picked 3 more of them up at $14.xx this week. These things things never last to 75% off around here. The only reason I even checked them was because I saw a woman with a couple in her cart last Sunday that were red tagged.

I had picked up a bunch when they were on sale for $20 a while ago and I thought they were a good deal then. At clearance prices its a no-brainer to pick them up. They have helped the organization in my man-cave big time.

I can post a picture of them when I get home from work for you. I can tell you that they are normally in the aisles next to the higher end furniture. They are in blue/green rectangular boxes that are 1' x 3' in size. I think the brand is home essentials or something like that. The boxes are too big and heavy for them to put on a clearance endcap so they usually just tag them in the aisle. I'd just look for the discount furniture aisle and you should see them and other products with the same brand name marked down. There are also black and dark brown versions of the same shelf. Possibly white as well, but not 100% sure.
How high is your True GamerScore? Join the CAG Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.com to find out!

Join the CAG GamerScore Whore Group here!

#53 hordak

hordak

Rockin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

So is all clearance at Target is YMMV now, not just the prices?

Because Xmen, NGS2, MUA2, Bayonetta and other titles for ps3 are all still full price at all the Targets around here and their are loads of copies....

I did pick up some monster components for PS3 for 10 bucks....

It's ALWAYS been that way, not just "now". ;)

#54 Kojubat

Kojubat

Not a Pokémon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

I think the brand is home essentials or something like that.

It is Room Essentials, and they usually abbreviate it to RE and put another word like "decorate" next to it.

I picked up six of the three-shelf bookcases at $4.98 a piece to completely redo the playroom for the kids. $30 for a wall of kid-friendly shelving made the wife happy.

(Also picked up another 5-shelf at $7.48 for my stuff. ;))

#55 thecrazyhorse13

thecrazyhorse13

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:05 PM

Bayonetta still full price in Florida-- also with the new displays up they have 1/3 of the games up they used to have... and once again jack in clearance

#56 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

It is Room Essentials, and they usually abbreviate it to RE and put another word like "decorate" next to it.

I picked up six of the three-shelf bookcases at $4.98 a piece to completely redo the playroom for the kids. $30 for a wall of kid-friendly shelving made the wife happy.

(Also picked up another 5-shelf at $7.48 for my stuff. ;))

Also, for the people hunting for these: the clearance bookcases have light blue labels on them. Target has put out new models in darker label boxes, which obviously won't be on clearance any time soon.

I checked out a few more stores today. All the shelves have gone quick. Only things left are the computer desks.

Video game clearance is still dry, dry, dry.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#57 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:32 AM

I went out of town today to the Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg(PA) area and I hit up the Carlisle Pike Target.

I managed to return my Acer 21.5" monitor I bought about two months ago for a full refund($152), went to the nearby Best Buy and picked up some pennied guides(and tried for 3 copies of CrimeCraft for PC, which is this month's free after coupon game at Best Buy;)).

Then, I went back to Target and convinced the manager to let me rebuy the monitor I just returned about an hour earlier....for $42.39 out the door.:lol:

Yes. It was quite a hassle and I could've been completely denied, but considering this monitor was open box when I bought it, I refused to pay any more than $20-40 or so for it. And today I got my magic price to keep it.:D:bouncy:

For those looking for Bayonetta, try your closing Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy stores. My local store has 2 copies of Bayonetta for PS3(disc only with those annoying half coverart/half instruction manual cases). After the 60% discount off of the $49.99 pricetag, they would be $19.99 each.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#58 sphynx630

sphynx630

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Lucky! Everytime I find the clearanced monitor it's always OOS and they refuse to sell it to me. I should try your method though. It might work! :D

I went out of town today to the Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg(PA) area and I hit up the Carlisle Pike Target.

I managed to return my Acer 21.5" monitor I bought about two months ago for a full refund($152), went to the nearby Best Buy and picked up some pennied guides(and tried for 3 copies of CrimeCraft for PC, which is this month's free after coupon game at Best Buy;)).

Then, I went back to Target and convinced the manager to let me rebuy the monitor I just returned about an hour earlier....for $42.39 out the door.:lol:

Yes. It was quite a hassle and I could've been completely denied, but considering this monitor was open box when I bought it, I refused to pay any more than $20-40 or so for it. And today I got my magic price to keep it.:D:bouncy:

For those looking for Bayonetta, try your closing Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy stores. My local store has 2 copies of Bayonetta for PS3(disc only with those annoying half coverart/half instruction manual cases). After the 60% discount off of the $49.99 pricetag, they would be $19.99 each.

#59 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

Lucky! Everytime I find the clearanced monitor it's always OOS and they refuse to sell it to me. I should try your method though. It might work! :D

If your Target has self check scanners with number buttons on them, you can enter in the DPCI on your own, which is how I knew the monitor was only $40 at the out of town store.;)

The DPCI is: 080-00-0167

It should also bring up the last price in the system when entered in one of those handheld scanners the electronics employees use, though there ARE two monitors that're similar now floating around Target stores.

The other monitor's(replacement for the one with HDMI I have)DPCI is 080-00-1049, if I remember correctly. It has no HDMI port, but does have a DVI w/HDCP port on it, which means you can use a $5 adapter from NewEgg to make it into an HDMI port.

Both are on the Target website and both are listed as being sold ONLY in stores.

But if they tell you the item is out of the system, ask for a manager and see if you can sweet talk them into selling you the out of system item at the last price.;) The most they can say is no.:D

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#60 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:09 AM

If your Target has self check scanners with number buttons on them, you can enter in the DPCI on your own, which is how I knew the monitor was only $40 at the out of town store.;)

The DPCI is: 080-00-0167

It should also bring up the last price in the system when entered in one of those handheld scanners the electronics employees use, though there ARE two monitors that're similar now floating around Target stores.

The other monitor's(replacement for the one with HDMI I have)DPCI is 080-00-1049, if I remember correctly. It has no HDMI port, but does have a DVI w/HDCP port on it, which means you can use a $5 adapter from NewEgg to make it into an HDMI port.

Both are on the Target website and both are listed as being sold ONLY in stores.

But if they tell you the item is out of the system, ask for a manager and see if you can sweet talk them into selling you the out of system item at the last price.;) The most they can say is no.:D

One of my local Targets had a ton of CRAP piled up on some shelves in electronics. In addition to all the crap there were probably 50 USB flash drives (8GB) that they were selling for something like $18. I was going to buy one but then they told me I had to buy it IN electronics (they had to use some key to take it off a rack) and I had other stuff to buy. As I got the other things I needed, I realized that I didn't need more flash memory and that I would just wait until it dropped in price more.