Target Clearance Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Previous threads:

Target clearance is YMMV, ya dig! Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday, although not every Monday, but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Target often donates its older clearance titles to Goodwill stores, so keep that in mind when you're trying to find items. BigDirty: "Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, city and state. For example:
Debbie Does Skywalker, Xbox 360, $4.98
Mesa, AZ Power Road at Superstition Springs

Also, a great help when you're posting deals you've found is to check this post and see if your item's DPCI number is already listed. DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself. DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI numbers that are not already in the OP-- thanks! This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing-- often price tags will not be correct. Thanks to BigDirty for this:
1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Data ,Milk.com , or UPC Database and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to Mephitical for this tool for locating clearance titles, which is located here. Go to Amazon or Target to find the item's ASIN. When you find it, replace "B000O3IS48" in the URL with your item's ASIN. This will take you to a page asking you for your zip code. Type in your zip code and click enter-- this will display a list of local stores and whether or not they have your item in stock. YMMV on it working properly.

The lowest known price will be posted. The item could be higher or lower at your store. Numbers in gold are DPCI numbers, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

:wii: Wii

De Blob (added 06-15-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Madagascar Kartz with wheel (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Madden 2010 (added 09-05-10)
Mario Power Tennis (changed 07-20-10) (changed 08-05-20)
Tiger Woods 10 (added 09-05-10)

Saint (added 09-20-10)
[207-26-0362] Punch Out (added 06-15-10)

Red Steel 2 (added 09-20-10)

[207-26-0432] Metroid Prime Trilogy (changed 07-15-10)
[207-26-0052] Super Paper Mario (changed 07-15-10)

Fifa 10 (added 07-04-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (added 07-05-10)

:360: Xbox 360

Alone in the Dark (added 06-15-10)
Bioshock (added 06-15-20)
Brutal Legend (changed 07-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 06-15-10)
Dead Rising (added 06-25-10)
Left 4 Dead (updated 06-10-10)
Need for Speed Pro Street (changed 07-02-10)
Pro Evolution Soccer (added 09-20-10)
The Saboteur (added 06-30-20)
Saints Row (added 05-05-10)
Ski Doo (added 06-10-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-15-10)
Two Worlds (added 06-15-10)
You're in the Movies bundle (added 06-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

Cabela's 2010 (added 06-15-10)
Oblivion Game of the Year (added 06-15-10)

Are you Smarter than a 5th grader? (added 07-20-10)
Beatles Rock Band [game only] (added 04-12-10) (price updated: 05-12-10)
Call of Juraez (added 09-20-10)
Dead Rising (added 09-20-10)
IL-2 Sturmovik (changed 06-20-10)
Karaoke Revolution (added 08-01-10)
Orange Box (added 09-30-10)
Spongebob: Truth or Square (changed 07-02-10)
Tekken 6 (changed 07-20-10) (added 08-01-10)

Guitar Hero 5 (changed 07-02-10)

Alone in the Dark (added 06-20-10)
Assassin's Creed (added 06-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 09-20-10)
Call of Duty 3 (added 06-05-10)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (added 06-05-10)
Dark Void (added 08-01-10)
Fairytale Fights (added 08-10-10)
Halo Wars (added 06-20-10)
Gears of War (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (added 06-08-10)
Spiderman 3 (added 06-06-10)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (added 06-10-10)
Two Worlds (added 07-03-10)

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (added 06-15-10)

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (added 08-10-10)
Planet 51 (added 06-22-10)

[207-22-0458] Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (added 07-03-10)

:ps3: Playstation 3

2 pack of USB charging cables for PS3 (added 06-10-10)
Brutal Legend (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (added 07-20-10)
Red Faction: Guerilla (Updated: 06-10-10)

Dark Void (added 07-20-10)
Ghostbusters (added 09-20-10)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-30-10)
Lego Rockband (added 09-20-10)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (added 09-20-10)

Assassin's Creed (added 09-20-10)
Need for Speed Underground (added 09-20-10)
Star Wars Unleashed (added 09-20-10)

Infamous (added 09-20-10)

Beatles Rock Band (added 09-20-10)
Borderlands (added 09-20-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 09-20-10)
MLB: The Show 10 (added 08-01-10)
Prototype (added 09-20-10)
Resistance 2 (added 06-20-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-20-10)
Tekken 6 (added 09-20-10)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added 06-20-10)
UFC 2009 (added 09-20-10)

Resident Evil 5 Gold (added 09-20-10)
MLB 2010 (added 06-20-10)

Little Big Planet with Dual Shock 3 controller (added 06-20-10)

Green Day Rock Band (added 09-20-10)

Buzz Quiz World Bundle (added 09-20-10)

:ps2: Playstation 2

Brutal Legend (added 06-10-10)
MLB 10 (added 06-06-10)

:ds: Nintendo DS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness (added 07-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

100 classic books (added 08-01-10)

:psp: Sony PSP

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (added 09-20-10)
NBA Inside (added 06-10-10)

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (added 06-06-10)

:pc: PC

Borderlands (added 09-10-10)

Fallout Trilogy (added 06-20-10)

Braid (added 07-20-10)

Metro 2033 (added 09-20-10)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (added 06-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-20-10)

Other items

[SIZE=+1]Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew. Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.[/SIZE]

The Legend of EL HOARDO as told by Strell
No cankle too big and no score too small,
The one and only EL HOARDO.

He'll steal your stash - gonna take it all,
That's the one - EL HOARDO.

He's gonna run down all the aisles
and snatch up all the loot,
And he's feeling really confident
in his nipple protection suit!

Awesome sideburns and a dapper mask
He's at your local store,
Gonna clean out everything
And then go back for more!

Who's the guy in the Star Trek shades?
He's the man they call EL HOARDO.

His boots are secretly roller blades,
There he goes! EL HOARDO!

He's got a cape and it's totally sweet,
A flash in red and white,
Calls his fanny pack his utility belt,
He's ready for a discount fight!

You'd never think he could run so fast,
With a gut of giant size,
Asks all the ladies if they'd like a ride
On his Starship Enterprise!

What's that sound comin' down the lane?
It can only be EL HOARDO.

His stubby legs are gonna bring the pain,
Brace yourselves - EL HOARDO!

He packs a sword, it's a replica,
Like Zorro in disguise,
Gonna leave an H scratched on the wall,
Then he'll move those ten ton thighs!

Knows all the price drops all the time,
Has inhalers to survive,
Lives in a basement at his parents house,
At the age of thirty five!

That's the one who got your penny guide,
The stallion called EL HOARDO.

He's got his Rascal parked outside,
That Man-of-Men EL HOARDO.

EL HOOOOOOOARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ElHoardo1.jpg

"You just got...EL HOARDO'D!" __________________

There have been some confirmed reports of La Whoreda, the female counterpart to El Hoardo. She is obviously more rare in the Target environment since she usually focuses her energy to her Avon business, but caution should still be exercised.

*Please do not copy this list to Slickdeals or any other competing deal sites. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aleraiders']how come some games just dissapear from the video games section???

i was looking for motorstorm AE, dragons age, resident evil 5, PS3 EYE CAMERA, and nothing around any of my local targets (3 different targets)

ps3 eye camera - theres something about these cameras (with the PS motion controller coming out), ive been searching walmart, target, kmart, TRU, (BB has it at full price) trying to find it on clearance, kmart HAD it for 1.99 but OOS, but no one has any in stock, what gives????

do stores really just take products off shelves just so no one can buy them????[/QUOTE]
It may just be that someone came along right as the games/items were put on clearance or they just forgot to put them back on the shelf after pulling them.

If your store is one of the ones redoing their electronics section with the new plastic prison setup, then perhaps they moved all of them to the back to accomodate the revamp. You could try asking about particular items you're interested in.

I think Sears may have the PS Eye on clearance there. Someone found it marked $11.97 there. But there's only been ONE reported sighting of it for that price.

I found an old model executive office chair in the back for 75% off and it came out to 15 bucks. I also got the last 3 PB Twixes...lol

[quote name='darkasian']I found an "AS IS" $2.56 price sticker on a new Iron Man 2 CONCEPT SERIES, ARMOR TECH, SHOCKWAVE MISSION figure. Originally $9.99. Don't know if there was a problem with this one or not. They blotted out the barcode and sku'd the price tag.988030870004989552 is what it read.[/QUOTE]

Usually when that happens the product is not on file in our systems, so the Price Change team creates labels for NOF product. Sometimes we get stuff that's supposed to go to other stores. Once I had a box of Great Value crackers and I was laughing at myself if I tried to stock it on the floor...heheh

[quote name='WTFer']The horror, my Target put up those new glass encased tethered shelves for all the games.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah unfortunately they are all converting to that display.

[quote name='WTFer']The horror, my Target put up those new glass encased tethered shelves for all the games.[/QUOTE]

2 of my stores did that yesterday... On the positive side, it forced them to clear out their back room and I got a wireless MS mouse for $5 and a couple of laptop bags at 75% off. Also picked up the NYKO media port extender for PS3 for $3.74... The Monster Component cables finally dropped to $5.xx, but the 360 and PS3 ones had already been bought at $10.xx...

[quote name='etcrane']Wow ... really ... because I found this website that's selling Demon's Souls for $2.50 ... I'm going to make another thread about it ... if I can sort through all the other Demon's Souls threads currently on the 1st page ;)[/QUOTE]

Wha...? Where was this for $2.50? Hard to believe that's legit.

[quote name='macschwag14']Wha...? Where was this for $2.50? Hard to believe that's legit.[/QUOTE]

It was actually only $1. The shipping was an extra $1.50.

[quote name='terutt']2000 Wii points cards.....$5.....[/QUOTE]

If you are saying you found these, and you want to be super nice, I'd take as many codes as possible and pay via Paypal.

I stopped by my local Target with the plastic prison. I noticed that :ps3: SingStar:Queen had a a regular white shelf tag for $9.98. Also, somehow all the Bayonettas disappeared from that store so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping these will reappear and be on clearance.

Therefore, I think we better not just run through the plastic prison, but take a close look at the price tags because you might miss some good clearance game deals if you assume everything is located in the clearance endcap.

I like that new system actually. It allows you to check out the case front and back without having to ask an employee to open the case so you could check out the games.

It also keeps the stashers at bay, since from what I've seen in other Target stores with this setup they keep ALL of the games in one place and don't put out the clearance titles on the endcaps, which is what allows people to hide shit in the first place.

So, well played Target, well played.:applause:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I like that new system actually. It allows you to check out the case front and back without having to ask an employee to open the case so you could check out the games.

It also keeps the stashers at bay, since from what I've seen in other Target stores with this setup they keep ALL of the games in one place and don't put out the clearance titles on the endcaps, which is what allows people to hide shit in the first place.

So, well played Target, well played.:applause:[/QUOTE]

The Targets I've been to that had the plastic prisons still had clearance endcaps. (Of course, that's back when Targets still had video game clearance. ;))

I don't understand the distaste for the new style. I think people are taking the coincidence of new layout with lack of clearance as being cause and effect. But all the Targets I've been to have been barren no matter what the layout.

And just for some perspective, in the past few months it was only the new layout stores where I found:
1. Demons Souls on clearance
2. Modern Warfare 2 Hardened on clearance
3. Mass Effect 2 Collectors weeks after release
4. DSi bundle on clearance
5. White PS2 bundle on clearance.

So the sky isn't falling. Or at least it's not falling because games in tethered cases.

^^ Wow, DSi and white PS2 bundles on clearance. You have some pretty awesome Target clearances in your area.

I remember when people reported seeing :ps3: Demons Soul on clearance. Those were all bought at MSRP or at 30% off in my area. There was no way I'd be able to pick up a copy at $14.98 as some other CAGs reported in this thread.

Found a Resident Evil 5 PS3 for $20.98 in the housewares section @ Plymouth Meeting Target. Looks like it was hid by someone, but I put it back on the video game clearance shelf. If anyone is looking for this game, its there.

Just snagged two copies of :360: Beatles: Rock Band for $20. Right after grabbing them an employee came around and said he was going to pick them up when his shift ended in 10 minutes. Felt bad for a moment, but not really.

Now to find a cheap mic…

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I like that new system actually. It allows you to check out the case front and back without having to ask an employee to open the case so you could check out the games.

Like Salty, the one Target in my area with these cases still have the clearance endcaps, but for whatever reason I have far more luck finding stuff at this store than the ones without these cases. Unfortunately it isn't exactly close by otherwise I'd make it out there more often.

[quote name='Corvin']Like Salty, the one Target in my area with these cases still have the clearance endcaps, but for whatever reason I have far more luck finding stuff at this store than the ones without these cases. Unfortunately it isn't exactly close by otherwise I'd make it out there more often.[/QUOTE]
The only store I ever saw with the new setup before my two local ones remade their game sections kept all of the clearance games locked up in individual 'prison' type cases or at least they did so while they were higher priced($30-40).

That's why I thought that the remodeled stores did away with the endcaps for games.

This may be a long shot, but is anyone here from the central Florida area? Also if you are, have you checked out if any of these cheap prices are REALLY at the local Target stores? I ask because Target is really out of my way and might check it out if they are selling the games listed at these prices.

So clearance games will have nothing separating them from the regular games, they will all be mixed together?
Can anyone confirm?

My store has the new layout, but also a clearance endcap with all PS2/DS shovel ware games. Where should I be looking guys?

I saw all the games in these new case system, and there is no red tag on the games but the bar code has the clearance price. I saw on that said gears of war 2 like 7.95 or something and fallout 3 9.94

[quote name='yukafls']I saw all the games in these new case system, and there is no red tag on the games but the bar code has the clearance price. I saw on that said gears of war 2 like 7.95 or something and fallout 3 9.94[/QUOTE]

So just pull the game from the bungie cord and check the back for a clearance sticker? lol

Stopped by a store today and noticed the new layout. Most clearance titles were marked but still in the cases. Some titles were actually on an endcap in the clearance section (band heroes). Did see the Mortal Kombat 3-Game pack for PS2 for $5. Not a bad deal at all.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']So just pull the game from the bungie cord and check the back for a clearance sticker? lol[/QUOTE]

lol no the barcode below the game with the title and price you can scan

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']My store has the new layout, but also a clearance endcap with all PS2/DS shovel ware games. Where should I be looking guys?[/QUOTE]

I think we won't know for sure until their game clearance picks up again. The majority of the Targets in my area have the PS2 endcap but there are a couple that have the 360/PS3/Wii clearance games in the case (not that there is much to be found). There is usually a red "clearance" sign over the shelf tag and a sticker on the game that is displayed.

So I guess the majority of Targets are switching over to the new layout but has anyone mentioned the new scanners? I've only seen these new scanners at one Target in my area. They are touch screen and they allow you to check the inventory at nearby Targets.

[quote name='emg28']So I guess the majority of Targets are switching over to the new layout but has anyone mentioned the new scanners? I've only seen these new scanners at one Target in my area. They are touch screen and they allow you to check the inventory at nearby Targets.[/QUOTE]

The newest Target near me has those. I never played with them too much because I figured it was the same as searching on their Web site.

all the targets near me now have the new style =[ Im not happy since as of 2 weeks ago max 3 had the glass =\

as far as deals, found Resident evil for 7, though they wanted 20 for the guide... which wasnt even on record =\

saw 1 copy of beatles rock band X360 at the grand river store for 20, and that was it more or less

I got these today:

DS - Speed Racer $4.98
PS3 Component Cables $5.xx
Office chair $14.98

Saw tons of Prototype and LEGO Rock Band for PS3 but they came up full price. :(
Also saw a Band Hero box set for PS3 for $124.xx at another Target this morning.

I swung by another Target with the plastic prison.

I picked up

:ds: Band Hero bundle $12.xx

I saw the following shelf tags, but no games :cry:

:wii: Punch Out $12.xx
:wii: Mario Power Tennis $7.xx
:wii: Wii Music $12.xx
:wii: Pokemon Battle Revolution $12.xx:
:wii: Boom Blox $7.xx
:wii: GH5 $12.xx
:ps3: GH: Van Halen $14.98
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $9.xx
:ps3: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $9.xx

has anyone seen clearance games in the new layout racks? when they had the glass doors I always saw a few clearance titles mixed in, but now they no longer seem to do it ...

^^Yeah, I've seen clearance games mixed with the MSRP games in the new layout aka plastic prison. At my Targets, they also still put clearance games in the plastic security cases in the clearance endcap.

Just got back from my local Target, and they had Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (360) marked for clearance at $13.98. They also had Tetris Evolution (360) for the same price. Likely YMMV...

[quote name='kk012']I swung by another Target with the plastic prison.

I saw the following shelf tags, but no games :cry:

:wii: Punch Out $12.xx
:wii: Mario Power Tennis $7.xx
:wii: Wii Music $12.xx
:wii: Pokemon Battle Revolution $12.xx:
:wii: Boom Blox $7.xx
:wii: GH5 $12.xx
:ps3: GH: Van Halen $14.98
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $9.xx
:ps3: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $9.xx[/QUOTE]

Hmm, sounds like El Hoardo could have struck your Target. Wouldnt mind picking up Mario Power Tennis and Pokemon Battle Revolution for those prices.

[quote name='Got_Wii']Hmm, sounds like El Hoardo could have struck your Target. Wouldnt mind picking up Mario Power Tennis and Pokemon Battle Revolution for those prices.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I would be very, very surprised it most Targets had these games in stock. Pokemon Battle Revolution? I haven't seen that new in store in at least a year.

I could be wrong...

[quote name='munch']I saw the Rock Band 2 wireless mic for $7.48. I don't know if that's old.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for that for a while. Plus I'm looking to see if the PS2 DJ Hero has dropped below $40. I was thinking about getting it for my dad for his birthday.

Waiting for new drops..

Guitar Hero 5 right now $24.98
Guitar Hero Van Halen right now $29.98
The Beatles Rock Band right now $19.98

Ps2 Games 50% off.... people still buying ps2 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back