Target Clearance Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Previous threads:

Target clearance is YMMV, ya dig! Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday, although not every Monday, but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Target often donates its older clearance titles to Goodwill stores, so keep that in mind when you're trying to find items. BigDirty: "Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, city and state. For example:
Debbie Does Skywalker, Xbox 360, $4.98
Mesa, AZ Power Road at Superstition Springs

Also, a great help when you're posting deals you've found is to check this post and see if your item's DPCI number is already listed. DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself. DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI numbers that are not already in the OP-- thanks! This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing-- often price tags will not be correct. Thanks to BigDirty for this:
1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Data ,Milk.com , or UPC Database and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to Mephitical for this tool for locating clearance titles, which is located here. Go to Amazon or Target to find the item's ASIN. When you find it, replace "B000O3IS48" in the URL with your item's ASIN. This will take you to a page asking you for your zip code. Type in your zip code and click enter-- this will display a list of local stores and whether or not they have your item in stock. YMMV on it working properly.

The lowest known price will be posted. The item could be higher or lower at your store. Numbers in gold are DPCI numbers, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

:wii: Wii

De Blob (added 06-15-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Madagascar Kartz with wheel (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Madden 2010 (added 09-05-10)
Mario Power Tennis (changed 07-20-10) (changed 08-05-20)
Tiger Woods 10 (added 09-05-10)

Saint (added 09-20-10)
[207-26-0362] Punch Out (added 06-15-10)

Red Steel 2 (added 09-20-10)

[207-26-0432] Metroid Prime Trilogy (changed 07-15-10)
[207-26-0052] Super Paper Mario (changed 07-15-10)

Fifa 10 (added 07-04-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (added 07-05-10)

:360: Xbox 360

Alone in the Dark (added 06-15-10)
Bioshock (added 06-15-20)
Brutal Legend (changed 07-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 06-15-10)
Dead Rising (added 06-25-10)
Left 4 Dead (updated 06-10-10)
Need for Speed Pro Street (changed 07-02-10)
Pro Evolution Soccer (added 09-20-10)
The Saboteur (added 06-30-20)
Saints Row (added 05-05-10)
Ski Doo (added 06-10-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-15-10)
Two Worlds (added 06-15-10)
You're in the Movies bundle (added 06-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

Cabela's 2010 (added 06-15-10)
Oblivion Game of the Year (added 06-15-10)

Are you Smarter than a 5th grader? (added 07-20-10)
Beatles Rock Band [game only] (added 04-12-10) (price updated: 05-12-10)
Call of Juraez (added 09-20-10)
Dead Rising (added 09-20-10)
IL-2 Sturmovik (changed 06-20-10)
Karaoke Revolution (added 08-01-10)
Orange Box (added 09-30-10)
Spongebob: Truth or Square (changed 07-02-10)
Tekken 6 (changed 07-20-10) (added 08-01-10)

Guitar Hero 5 (changed 07-02-10)

Alone in the Dark (added 06-20-10)
Assassin's Creed (added 06-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 09-20-10)
Call of Duty 3 (added 06-05-10)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (added 06-05-10)
Dark Void (added 08-01-10)
Fairytale Fights (added 08-10-10)
Halo Wars (added 06-20-10)
Gears of War (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (added 06-08-10)
Spiderman 3 (added 06-06-10)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (added 06-10-10)
Two Worlds (added 07-03-10)

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (added 06-15-10)

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (added 08-10-10)
Planet 51 (added 06-22-10)

[207-22-0458] Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (added 07-03-10)

:ps3: Playstation 3

2 pack of USB charging cables for PS3 (added 06-10-10)
Brutal Legend (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (added 07-20-10)
Red Faction: Guerilla (Updated: 06-10-10)

Dark Void (added 07-20-10)
Ghostbusters (added 09-20-10)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-30-10)
Lego Rockband (added 09-20-10)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (added 09-20-10)

Assassin's Creed (added 09-20-10)
Need for Speed Underground (added 09-20-10)
Star Wars Unleashed (added 09-20-10)

Infamous (added 09-20-10)

Beatles Rock Band (added 09-20-10)
Borderlands (added 09-20-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 09-20-10)
MLB: The Show 10 (added 08-01-10)
Prototype (added 09-20-10)
Resistance 2 (added 06-20-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-20-10)
Tekken 6 (added 09-20-10)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added 06-20-10)
UFC 2009 (added 09-20-10)

Resident Evil 5 Gold (added 09-20-10)
MLB 2010 (added 06-20-10)

Little Big Planet with Dual Shock 3 controller (added 06-20-10)

Green Day Rock Band (added 09-20-10)

Buzz Quiz World Bundle (added 09-20-10)

:ps2: Playstation 2

Brutal Legend (added 06-10-10)
MLB 10 (added 06-06-10)

:ds: Nintendo DS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness (added 07-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

100 classic books (added 08-01-10)

:psp: Sony PSP

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (added 09-20-10)
NBA Inside (added 06-10-10)

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (added 06-06-10)

:pc: PC

Borderlands (added 09-10-10)

Fallout Trilogy (added 06-20-10)

Braid (added 07-20-10)

Metro 2033 (added 09-20-10)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (added 06-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-20-10)

Other items

[SIZE=+1]Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew. Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.[/SIZE]

The Legend of EL HOARDO as told by Strell
No cankle too big and no score too small,
The one and only EL HOARDO.

He'll steal your stash - gonna take it all,
That's the one - EL HOARDO.

He's gonna run down all the aisles
and snatch up all the loot,
And he's feeling really confident
in his nipple protection suit!

Awesome sideburns and a dapper mask
He's at your local store,
Gonna clean out everything
And then go back for more!

Who's the guy in the Star Trek shades?
He's the man they call EL HOARDO.

His boots are secretly roller blades,
There he goes! EL HOARDO!

He's got a cape and it's totally sweet,
A flash in red and white,
Calls his fanny pack his utility belt,
He's ready for a discount fight!

You'd never think he could run so fast,
With a gut of giant size,
Asks all the ladies if they'd like a ride
On his Starship Enterprise!

What's that sound comin' down the lane?
It can only be EL HOARDO.

His stubby legs are gonna bring the pain,
Brace yourselves - EL HOARDO!

He packs a sword, it's a replica,
Like Zorro in disguise,
Gonna leave an H scratched on the wall,
Then he'll move those ten ton thighs!

Knows all the price drops all the time,
Has inhalers to survive,
Lives in a basement at his parents house,
At the age of thirty five!

That's the one who got your penny guide,
The stallion called EL HOARDO.

He's got his Rascal parked outside,
That Man-of-Men EL HOARDO.

EL HOOOOOOOARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ElHoardo1.jpg

"You just got...EL HOARDO'D!" __________________

There have been some confirmed reports of La Whoreda, the female counterpart to El Hoardo. She is obviously more rare in the Target environment since she usually focuses her energy to her Avon business, but caution should still be exercised.

*Please do not copy this list to Slickdeals or any other competing deal sites. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder to always check your purchase before you leave Target. I was at a different store than normal and saw Rock Band Beatles 360 for $20 and the vampire intro deck from the Magic:TG Zendikar set (really rare and sells online for at least $20, MSRP is $12.)

Had a coupon for $1 off Target Cafe so I decide to eat there and open my purchases. Rock Band Beatles was fine, but the Magic deck had the best 5 cards pulled from it and the booster pack was also missing. There was no damage to the box at all and the cards are sealed so someone must have opened it and somehow resealed the cards as I SERIOUSLY doubt it left WOTC like that.

No problem getting my money back as I hadn't left the store.

I pulled the price changes today and it was slim. I saw Memorex CD accessories (sleeves, jewel cases, Opti Fix, etc.) and two 19'' Vizios. No games unfortunately.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Just a reminder to always check your purchase before you leave Target. I was at a different store than normal and saw Rock Band Beatles 360 for $20 and the vampire intro deck from the Magic:TG Zendikar set (really rare and sells online for at least $20, MSRP is $12.)

Had a coupon for $1 off Target Cafe so I decide to eat there and open my purchases. Rock Band Beatles was fine, but the Magic deck had the best 5 cards pulled from it and the booster pack was also missing. There was no damage to the box at all and the cards are sealed so someone must have opened it and somehow resealed the cards as I SERIOUSLY doubt it left WOTC like that.

No problem getting my money back as I hadn't left the store.[/QUOTE]

Actually I wouldn't be too worried about Target and returns, even after you've left the store and it's been a few days. My girlfriend bought one of those teeth whitening kits from Target and opened it up, started using it, and basically I guess it hurt her gums or something. We both figured she was out the $40 bucks she spent on it, but on a whim like a week later, I grabbed the open kit and remaining contents and went over to the local Target.

After explaining why I was returning it, the lady was like 'Oh we can just mark it defective' and she ended up giving me cash back because the receipt had my gf's credit card on it. Needless to say, I was really impressed ... so usually Target is really good about any sort of defects or items that aren't what you thought they would be.

Granted I've run into a few CSRs who go crazy with returns and treat you like a criminal, but for the most part Target is very fair to its customers, even after some time has passed on a purchase.

[quote name='thecrazyhorse13']Andami do you go to the Target on Bayou?[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I have no idea. I don't live in Pensacola, so I'm not really familiar with the street names. It was the one closest to Cordova Mall I think.

[quote name='etcrane']Actually I wouldn't be too worried about Target and returns, even after you've left the store and it's been a few days. My girlfriend bought one of those teeth whitening kits from Target and opened it up, started using it, and basically I guess it hurt her gums or something. We both figured she was out the $40 bucks she spent on it, but on a whim like a week later, I grabbed the open kit and remaining contents and went over to the local Target.

After explaining why I was returning it, the lady was like 'Oh we can just mark it defective' and she ended up giving me cash back because the receipt had my gf's credit card on it. Needless to say, I was really impressed ... so usually Target is really good about any sort of defects or items that aren't what you thought they would be.

Granted I've run into a few CSRs who go crazy with returns and treat you like a criminal, but for the most part Target is very fair to its customers, even after some time has passed on a purchase.[/QUOTE]

I'd say you got super lucky with that whole teeth whitening transaction, especially since she gave you cash for it. She should have refunded the money to your GF's credit card in case you weren't actually her boyfriend and you stole the thing from your GF and she had no idea her product was missing and was being returned. In fact even if your GF was there to return it I'm pretty sure they're just supposed to charge the money back to her credit card and not give you cash unless its below like $5 or $10 - and that $5-10 might just be if gift cards were used

[quote name='radioactivez0r']El Dorado Hills, CA

GH5 360 $24.98
BRB 360 $27.98
Huge pile of PS2 junk
GTA Vice City Stories PSP 9.98 (bought)
Smackdown v Raw 2009 PSP 9.98[/QUOTE]

Im suprised anything was left considering you visited the Target in "El Hoardo Hills". Next time pull a Steve Irwin and be on the lookout for the elusive masked man and be sure to try and shove a thumb up his bum to see if you piss him off. Just beware of stingrays.

On Topic - Only thing good at my local Target over the weekend was a Guitar Hero 5 (360) for 24.98. Already picked it up at my local Family Video for 10 bones tho.

Just got back from Target...no video games...picked up some sony headphones for 4.74 and a Sony Cybershot 12.1 megapixel camera for 56.xx

:psp: MX vs. ATV $13.xx
:psp: Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core $13.xx
:psp: Star Wars (Battlefront?) $13.xx
:psp: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories $13.xx
:psp: Final Fantasy $10.xx
:psp: Ben 10 $13.xx
:psp: Screen Protectors $2.xx
:psp: Component cables (can't remember the exact price, but it was under $10 I think)

:360: Genesis Collection $13.xx
:360: Call of Duty 3 Platinum Hits $13.xx
:360: Tetris Evolution $13.xx
:360: Fable 2 Platinum Hits $13.xx
:360: Beatles Rock Band - Game Only $27.xx

Didn't pay attention to the prices, but saw:
:ps2: G-Force
:ps2: G.I. Joe
:ps2: God of War 2
:ps2: Bakugan
...along with a ton of others

:ps2: Guitar Hero 5 (can't remember the price)
:ps2: DJ Hero $5x.xx

:ps3: Band Hero Complete Bundle $44.xx
:ps3: Touch Charge Kit $12.xx

:ds: Wire Way $4.xx

:pc: Linksys USB Wifi Adapter $41.xx
:pc: Linksys Cable Modem $33.xx

Saw the Phillips 47" LCD again for $799.xx (down from $999)

Saw the high end Harmony model (with the color screen) for 50% off at $7x.xx

I can't even remember all the other stuff I saw. Phone chargers, HDTV antennas, phone accessories, MP3 player accessories, headphones, GPS accessories, a TON of printer paper, that smart pen thing was $11x.xx.

Sad that I didn't see the 500GB hard drives for $17.xx :whistle2:(.

hit several targets today with no new video game clearance to speak of. strangely some old stuff that was clearanced out already (tekken 6, prototype) has made a comeback at msrp.

Only had time to hit 1 Target before work but they FINALLY started the WD 500gb drives on clearance. Sadly, it started at 30% (whereas the other Target near me started at 50%) but I still bought one at $50 for work purposes. Figured I'd be kicking myself if I missed out (since I needed it sooner than later) trying to save $15. Lots of other random things all over electronics on clearance but nothing really exciting (photo paper, some alkaline batteries, etc) Definitely one of those weeks that they start a lot of things on clearance so maybe some good deals during the rest of the month. (anyone know if clearance will go as expected on Memorial Day? I think they usually stick with the normal schedule even if Monday is a holiday)

I'm afraid the PS3 Band Hero that I've been watching at another Target will have dropped today... won't be able to get there until after El Hoardo sweeps in.

[quote name='handsomepete']hit several targets today with no new video game clearance to speak of. strangely some old stuff that was clearanced out already (tekken 6, prototype) has made a comeback at msrp.[/QUOTE]

Noticed that with :360: Dark Void today...new stack at $29.99.

My store was switching over to the new cases today. They are mostly empty with labels for games that clearanced out last month at their 75% off prices. They had Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics with the Summer's version label for $12.48 but wouldn't honor the price.

Did see today:

:360: GTA Episodes from Liberty City $9.98 (straight to 75% off...anybody wanna buy my code for Lost and Damned?)

:psp: SW Battlefront Renegade Squadron $4.98

:wii: Wii Speak $7.48

:ps3: Marvel UA 2 $9.98

:ps2: DJ Hero $19.98

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, the Target here needs to make up its mind. When they first put in the new cases about three weeks ago, they locked up all of the clearance games inside of them. Two weeks ago, the clearance games were all back out on the end cap where they had been before. Last week, they were locked in the case again. Now this week, they're back on the end cap again.

:ps2: Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories finally dropped to $7.48, so I picked that up. Other than that, some of the other PS2 titles that had already been in the clearance cycle dropped further (notably, :ps2: God of War II dropped to $4.98, which would have been awesome if I didn't already have the PS3 collection). Still no new drops, though.

Man, the Target here needs to make up its mind. When they first put in the new cases about three weeks ago, they locked up all of the clearance games inside of them. Two weeks ago, the clearance games were all back out on the end cap where they had been before. Last week, they were locked in the case again. Now this week, they're back on the end cap.

:ps2: Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories finally dropped to $7.48, so I picked that up. Other than that, some of the other PS2 titles that had already been in the clearance cycle dropped further (notably, :ps2: God of War II dropped to $4.98, which would have been awesome if I didn't already have the PS3 collection). Still no new drops, though.

[quote name='pimpster4183']scored shaun white target edition 360 for $3.74 last night in p'cola.[/QUOTE]

Damn! We I am in pcola as well. Never knew of any other cags, I hit the bayou target all the time. I am willing to help fellow cags out, hit me up with a PM if you need any info.

TheToE i am in Pcola as well. Hit the nine mile target. Nothing worth mentioning really. Beatles rockband ps3 19.xx. Seems they are not moving clearance games to the clearance endcap anymore. At least ps3/xbox 360 games. Ninja Gaiden Sigma II still 59.99

Target at the waterfront in pittsburgh pa has Darkvoid $29.97 for the 360, and Final Fantasy for the PSP for $14.97

Found a couple of Lexar 4gb MemorySticks (056-12-0759) today for $7.48. These are are in blue packaging and found in the camera memory card section as opposed to the red packages found near the PS3 accessories. Those were still $20.98 oddly enough.
The sticks appear to be exactly the same in both the red and blue packaging.

I picked up Saints Row for 5 and Kingdom Hearts for 7.48... from Target! Which would make sense since this is the Target thread.

[quote name='dino88']It was actually only $1. The shipping was an extra $1.50.[/QUOTE]

Is this deal still around or am I just out of luck?

[quote name='180husher']Noticed that with :360: Dark Void today...new stack at $29.99.

My store was switching over to the new cases today. They are mostly empty with labels for games that clearanced out last month at their 75% off prices. They had Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics with the Summer's version label for $12.48 but wouldn't honor the price.

Did see today:

:360: GTA Episodes from Liberty City $9.98 (straight to 75% off...anybody wanna buy my code for Lost and Damned?)

:ps2: DJ Hero $19.98[/QUOTE]

Man I need to see if they clearance MUA 2 and GTA Episodes, I doubt it since i saw them MSRP two days ago =(

Was at my local Target today and they switched to the new cases. It looks like they will be able to have a larger selection of games now.

Some games I saw:

ps2/ps3 Band Hero $40/$45
ps2 DJ Hero $20
xbox 360 beatles rock band game only $27 (has been this price for a month)
some random ps2 games

[quote name='veggielasagna']Got the last Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction for $7.48 at my Target a few mins. ago.

-veggielasagna[/QUOTE]

[quote name='180husher']
Did see today:

[/QUOTE]

It's prices like these that get me excited, and force me to look when I pass a Target...but I've yet to see anything close to that sort of deal. I mean seriously, Liberty City for $10 a few weeks after release!?!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It's prices like these that get me excited, and force me to look when I pass a Target...but I've yet to see anything close to that sort of deal. I mean seriously, Liberty City for $10 a few weeks after release!?![/QUOTE]

360 version has been out since October. The ones that just came out were the PC and PS3 version.

The Acer Monitor that I was watching for a couple of weeks finally hit $40. Very Happy.

Last one of course.

Unfortunately all of the HDs went at $50.

[quote name='180husher']
Did see today:

:ps2: DJ Hero $19.98[/QUOTE]

What? Man I wish my Target had deals like that.

visited 3 Target today... I found Ps2 Games 75% off, pick up Kindom Hearts of Memory 7.48... I was waiting if Guitar Hero 5 or Van Halen, but still 50% off.

[quote name='TheToE']Picked up some logitech z4 2.1 speakers for 20.00. These things sound great for the price![/QUOTE]

at which store!?! i've been looking for a cheap decent 2.1 speaker system

Got a few good deals at my store in Blackstone Valley, MA.
Transcend 8GB mem stick- $9.48
Transcend 4GB- 7.xx
Fender guitar- 38.xx
25' HDMI cable- $13.xx

They are currently "restructuring" the electronics department and said they would be done in the next few days. There were no games in the new displays besides PC games and a few DS/Wii games. They must be going through everything because on Friday the 8GB sticks were almost double that and the guitar was $7x.xx. The sales person also said they had some of the harmony remotes out back so I'll be going back for that as well as looking for the 500GB hard drives.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It's prices like these that get me excited, and force me to look when I pass a Target...but I've yet to see anything close to that sort of deal. I mean seriously, Liberty City for $10 a few weeks after release!?![/QUOTE]

Actually, the 360 version has been out for about 6-7 months or so. It's the PS3 version that just came out towards the end of the last month. I should know as I picked it up on day one(and have yet to finish it:bomb:).

I got a Micro SD card and my computer doesnt recognize it :( . My computer can recognize my others just not this one :(

well anyways I also picked up an AS-AS Up ( 4 disc edition ) , there isnt anything wrong with it accept the box is a little beat up . $12.78 or $13.78 cant remember

I went to the Chester, VA Target today. I found the entire Beatles Rock Band special edition (custom instruments plus game) for $31.24. Not sure if it's ever been this low, but I feel pretty damn lucky to have found it at this price.

[quote name='180husher']
Did see today:

[/QUOTE]

Lucky guy :) I wish GTA ELC would go straight to 75% off around here. Although the copies I have seen are still priced at $39.90, I need to check it out as soon as I can.

[quote name='Will']Snagged 2 of 4 PS2 Dj Heroes for 19.98.[/QUOTE]

Was it an Austin or Houston location? I remember Vyse saying to give him a heads up if anyone found some around that price here in Houston.

Got :psp: Final Fantasy for $10.48. They're showing the original price on the sticker as being $14.99, which means it would only be a 30% drop, though I'm confused by that because I haven't seen it anywhere (including Target before this drop) selling for less than $19.99 new. Anyway, I've been wanting it for a while and there were only two copies there, so I went ahead and grabbed it.

Also, this store has been sitting on seven or eight copies of :360: Guitar Hero 5 at $24.98 for a month and a half now. They haven't even moved, so apparently no one is buying them at that price, but they just won't lower them. I just don't get it.

I found 2 copies of Guitar Hero Smash Hits for the Wii for $5.03 each. They weren't there last week. Also found the Dj Hero Bundle for $20 on the PS2. I want to buy it, but I would rather have it for the 360....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back