Target Clearance Thread XVII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4298 replies to this topic

#61 dugbrandon

dugbrandon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:11 AM

We got two of the 5 shelf book shelves a couple of weeks ago for $20 each. Thought it was a good deal then. They never would have lasted another drop here, nothing does.

#62 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

Hey looking at all these HDTV Antenna clearances... Is that black one any good?

Want to replace mine at home...can't pick up ****!

Let me know.

P.s: You guys know if there is a way to check individual store prices without going there or call them?

Is there a way to check the price via wireless outside the store, after the store is Closed?

#63 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:27 AM

We got two of the 5 shelf book shelves a couple of weeks ago for $20 each. Thought it was a good deal then. They never would have lasted another drop here, nothing does.

Same here. People see stuff for 30% off and they go apeshit over it like it's the best deal ever.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#64 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:30 AM

Same here. People see stuff for 30% off and they go apeshit over it like it's the best deal ever.:roll:

That's because they never got free games or a computer for like 40% of what it would cost you to put it together yourself! On the other hand, if everyone was like us we'd never have a chance at these kinds of deals.

#65 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:33 AM

I took home 12 PB Twixes for 32 cents each...lol

There was also some stride gum for 50 cents but I already had a lot of gum at home.

#66 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:33 AM

That's because they never got free games or a computer for like 40% of what it would cost you to put it together yourself! On the other hand, if everyone was like us we'd never have a chance at these kinds of deals.

Exactly. Without the normal shnooks buying stuff at MSRP most times, our economy would've collapsed a long, long time ago.:cry:

Posted Image

#67 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:48 AM

Exactly. Without the normal shnooks buying stuff at MSRP most times, our economy would've collapsed a long, long time ago.:cry:

My main concern now is Starcraft 2. I really enjoyed the original game so I really want to buy the 2nd one. It's actually the first game in a long time that I want enough to consider paying full price for. Now the key word there is consider because I'm not totally decided. I'm hoping that one of the stores (like maybe Target) will have a $10 gift card with it's purchase the first week. I'm also considering just holding off till it's cheap even though I want to get it when it's out in a couple months. WWIATCG do?

#68 dts5000

dts5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:42 AM

Haven't seen any good deals on games at any of my Targets around me for weeks. But I was able to get two 500GB WD external hard drives for $17.48 each.

#69 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:45 AM

Saw a copy of resident evil 5 for ps3 in Montclair for 20.98. beatles rockband game was also 20.98, and one other game i can't remember, but it was a disappointing clearance end cap.
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#70 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:48 AM

I went out of town today to the Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg(PA) area and I hit up the Carlisle Pike Target.

I managed to return my Acer 21.5" monitor I bought about two months ago for a full refund($152), went to the nearby Best Buy and picked up some pennied guides(and tried for 3 copies of CrimeCraft for PC, which is this month's free after coupon game at Best Buy;)).

Then, I went back to Target and convinced the manager to let me rebuy the monitor I just returned about an hour earlier....for $42.39 out the door.:lol:

Yes. It was quite a hassle and I could've been completely denied, but considering this monitor was open box when I bought it, I refused to pay any more than $20-40 or so for it. And today I got my magic price to keep it.:D:bouncy:

For those looking for Bayonetta, try your closing Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy stores. My local store has 2 copies of Bayonetta for PS3(disc only with those annoying half coverart/half instruction manual cases). After the 60% discount off of the $49.99 pricetag, they would be $19.99 each.

Wow penny guides must occur on the east coast i've yet to see any of my local best buy sell them at that price. :cry:
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#71 BlueCollarGamer

BlueCollarGamer

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:25 AM

I got Bayonetta (PS3) for 14.98

#72 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:28 AM

My main concern now is Starcraft 2. I really enjoyed the original game so I really want to buy the 2nd one. It's actually the first game in a long time that I want enough to consider paying full price for. Now the key word there is consider because I'm not totally decided. I'm hoping that one of the stores (like maybe Target) will have a $10 gift card with it's purchase the first week. I'm also considering just holding off till it's cheap even though I want to get it when it's out in a couple months. WWIATCG do?

Hmmmmm ... discounts on a game that hot ... I would say that's highly unlikely. I suppose it's possible if say, Walmart and Amazon go head to head, but I can't ever think of a time Target offered a decent discount on a hot new title during the first week. And when I say hot, I mean ... like ... pokemon hot, Halo hot .. you know, those releases every few years where you're probably going to have to pay msrp.

I think your best bet right now is to use GS.com and put their coupons to use to knock some $ off Starcraft ... The problem with games like Starcraft is that you have to find a deal that will apply to Starcraft but isn't only for Starcraft, because most companies know that certain games will sell, regardless of any discount. Starcraft is one of those games.

#73 dugbrandon

dugbrandon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:20 AM

Oh, I bought 3 clearance items Monday on my way home from work about at 8 pm. Resident Evil 5 for $14.xx was easily the second best video game deal I've found at any of my local targets (the other was Bigs 2 about a few months ago for <$5). I saw RE5 there about a week prior for $15 and let it go. There were 3 copies there and I thought I might get it after another drop (though nothing lasts around here on clearance). Truthfully I don't need any more games, I have plenty that I have half played through, then just quit (good games too like Bioshock, MGS, half life and portal on the orange box, to name just a few). I was content to let it go, but I stopped at a handfull of other Targets over the weekend while driving out of state for a wedding and looked for it and never saw it. Come Monday I did my usual Target drop by just to make sure there are no good clearance deals and there it was, only one copy left, still at $15, so I bit. I even felt bad at it but I couldn't pass anymore. Someday I might actually play it. I also picked up some "Smokin' Buds" Skull candy earbuds for $15 from $30 (not really that great of a deal as they aren't much better than the other skull candy buds that I got for retail ~$13), and a screen protector for my ipod touch for $3.xx (retail a rediculous $15, tons of these).

#74 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:22 AM

i found a stack of demon's souls at $5 on clearance!!! to ebay and beyond!!! beast mode!!!

#75 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:20 AM

i found a stack of demon's souls at $5 on clearance!!! to ebay and beyond!!! beast mode!!!

:rofl:
MLIFTgM.gif

#76 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

Would you sell one for $5 to a CAGer? Pay ya via Paypal!
The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#77 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:43 AM

Would you sell one for $5 to a CAGer? Pay ya via Paypal!

THIS might be even funnier! :lol:

#78 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Wow ... really ... because I found this website that's selling Demon's Souls for $2.50 ... I'm going to make another thread about it ... if I can sort through all the other Demon's Souls threads currently on the 1st page ;)

#79 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:06 AM

Hmmmmm ... discounts on a game that hot ... I would say that's highly unlikely. I suppose it's possible if say, Walmart and Amazon go head to head, but I can't ever think of a time Target offered a decent discount on a hot new title during the first week. And when I say hot, I mean ... like ... pokemon hot, Halo hot .. you know, those releases every few years where you're probably going to have to pay msrp.

I think your best bet right now is to use GS.com and put their coupons to use to knock some $ off Starcraft ... The problem with games like Starcraft is that you have to find a deal that will apply to Starcraft but isn't only for Starcraft, because most companies know that certain games will sell, regardless of any discount. Starcraft is one of those games.

Final Fantasy 13. Almost every store gave a gift card with purchase.

#80 borg20001

borg20001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

... I also picked up some "Smokin' Buds" Skull candy earbuds for $15 from $30 (not really that great of a deal as they aren't much better than the other skull candy buds that I got for retail ~$13), and a screen protector for my ipod touch for $3.xx (retail a rediculous $15, tons of these).

Are Smokin Buds the same as the Ink d ear buds that Skull candy puts out. If so then I'd hang onto the receipt, because the ink d are regularly on sale at FYE stores for $9.99. But now that I look into it these may be different from the ones you bought as I think your Smokin Buds come with a volume control on the wire right? I've seen reviews where they preferred the ink d brand by Skullcandy for comfort and sound.

Just FYI.

#81 stickyfeet

stickyfeet

Don't panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

512 Xbox 360 memory card $7.48 WPB, Fl

#82 rexflexall

rexflexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

Bought a copy of Band Hero (full bundle) for the Nintendo DS, got it for $12.48.
CAG? I'm Cheap Ass everything:booty:

#83 dugbrandon

dugbrandon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

Are Smokin Buds the same as the Ink d ear buds that Skull candy puts out. If so then I'd hang onto the receipt, because the ink d are regularly on sale at FYE stores for $9.99. But now that I look into it these may be different from the ones you bought as I think your Smokin Buds come with a volume control on the wire right? I've seen reviews where they preferred the ink d brand by Skullcandy for comfort and sound.

Just FYI.

They are different pretty much like you said, smokin have a volume control, possibly a built in mic too. I have a pair of ink'd already. The smokin are a bit better, but I don't know how they are worth twice as much retail. I'll keep both pairs though, one for under my motorcycle helmet, the other for normal use.

#84 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

I would wait until the next glitch/discount error at Gamestop and see if the discounts apply to it. There's very few games that're worth MSRP to me anymore. I think my cheapness has become worse since I joined CAG, especially since I know I usually can find games even cheaper if I just wait.;)

Posted Image

#85 sphynx630

sphynx630

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

If your Target has self check scanners with number buttons on them, you can enter in the DPCI on your own, which is how I knew the monitor was only $40 at the out of town store.;)

The DPCI is: 080-00-0167

It should also bring up the last price in the system when entered in one of those handheld scanners the electronics employees use, though there ARE two monitors that're similar now floating around Target stores.

The other monitor's(replacement for the one with HDMI I have)DPCI is 080-00-1049, if I remember correctly. It has no HDMI port, but does have a DVI w/HDCP port on it, which means you can use a $5 adapter from NewEgg to make it into an HDMI port.

Both are on the Target website and both are listed as being sold ONLY in stores.

But if they tell you the item is out of the system, ask for a manager and see if you can sweet talk them into selling you the out of system item at the last price.;) The most they can say is no.:D

Well I went back today and found that they had replaced the $40 clearanced monitor with the newer one you mentioned. I asked if they had the $40 monitor in the back somewhere and she just flat out said no. Big fail. :(

#86 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

It is Room Essentials, and they usually abbreviate it to RE and put another word like "decorate" next to it.

Yea, I knew it was 'something' essentials just couldn't recall offhand.

Also, for the people hunting for these: the clearance bookcases have light blue labels on them. Target has put out new models in darker label boxes, which obviously won't be on clearance any time soon.

I checked out a few more stores today. All the shelves have gone quick. Only things left are the computer desks.

Video game clearance is still dry, dry, dry.

Here are a couple photos, but I do agree that these are going fast. I would pick them up for $14.xx as the stores I hit today already had the new shelves out.

Posted Image

These are the ones on clearance. I saw this one at Goodwill. Have to love when they mark up something like this from Target to $10 over what the original retail price is. :roll:

Posted Image

This is what the new boxes look like.

How high is your True GamerScore? Join the CAG Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.com to find out!

Join the CAG GamerScore Whore Group here!

#87 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

Well I went back today and found that they had replaced the $40 clearanced monitor with the newer one you mentioned. I asked if they had the $40 monitor in the back somewhere and she just flat out said no. Big fail. :(

Was it the manager you talked to or just someone in electronics? If it was just some shmoe in electronics, then I would've gone up to customer service and asked for the manager.

Posted Image

#88 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

Saw some three shelf bookshelves for $5, and despite that, can't think of a place to put or use them. Otherwise, good deal.

Also saw Final Fantasy I PSP for $3.74 and Crisis Core Greatest Hits PSP for $4.98. Ended up passing on both.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#89 Vysion

Vysion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

I saw four boxes of Wii Speak in the clearance end cap knocked down from near $30 to below $21. But if you really want Wii Speak, look for the Animal Crossing:City Folk bundle or the Endless Ocean: Blue World bundle.
Vysion, that's vision with one i

#90 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

I saw four boxes of Wii Speak in the clearance end cap knocked down from near $30 to below $21. But if you really want Wii Speak, look for the Animal Crossing:City Folk bundle or the Endless Ocean: Blue World bundle.

They were $7.48 around here, and lasted even at that price for a good while, so you should be able to get better prices in the coming weeks. I think AC bundles are long gone, but EO bundles are definitely still around.

Just adding small bit of info.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread