Target Clearance Thread XVII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4298 replies to this topic

#91 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

Final Fantasy 13. Almost every store gave a gift card with purchase.

I'm not sure you can compare FF13 to Starcraft 2 ... sure Final Fantasy used to command big fanfare back in the PS1 era and somewhat in the PS2 era but it's definitely in a state of decline as far as franchises go. Not to mention the mixed reviews and reception of 13. I think alot of retailers saw that and started trying to entice people ... but imho I really don't see Starcraft 2 getting massive discounts at launch.

#92 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

Ah, another Target thread already. I should really browse through the other sections of Target for their other clearance items, their men's section occasionally has some ok stuff too.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#93 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

how come some games just dissapear from the video games section???

i was looking for motorstorm AE, dragons age, resident evil 5, PS3 EYE CAMERA, and nothing around any of my local targets (3 different targets)

ps3 eye camera - theres something about these cameras (with the PS motion controller coming out), ive been searching walmart, target, kmart, TRU, (BB has it at full price) trying to find it on clearance, kmart HAD it for 1.99 but OOS, but no one has any in stock, what gives????

do stores really just take products off shelves just so no one can buy them????

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#94 flobert81

flobert81

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

Picked up a Logitech 720 remote today for $37.48 in Richmond, Va. Haven't used a universal remote before but will be excited if it works as well as everyone says.

#95 darkasian

darkasian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:47 PM

I found an "AS IS" $2.56 price sticker on a new Iron Man 2 CONCEPT SERIES, ARMOR TECH, SHOCKWAVE MISSION figure. Originally $9.99. Don't know if there was a problem with this one or not. They blotted out the barcode and sku'd the price tag.988030870004989552 is what it read.

#96 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the pictures of the bookcases. Unfortunately I have been unable to find any of them. :(
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#97 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

missed out on some great clearance games at target in west co. they had :ps3: 7.98 007 Quantum of Solace, Dirt 2 14.98, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen 7.98, Fall out 3 7.98, Star Wars Unleashed 4.98.. :360: Gears 2 7.98, IL-Sturmovik 7.98, Fall out 3 7.98, and a few others. Totally wished i had stopped by when they had Dirt 2 on clearance. Asked the worker to check for games and was told they won't be getting any more in as they were clearance items. :cry:

On clearance rack I saw :ps2: Friends Trivia 2.98, Lego Batman 4.98, Lego Indian Jones 4.98, Motorstorm artic 7.98, Bigs 2 7.98, cabela outdoor adventure 7.98, star trek (price forgot). ps3 component cable 5.98, ps2/xbox composite 5.98, ps2 composite 5.98, ps2 silver controller 6.98.
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#98 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

I'm not sure you can compare FF13 to Starcraft 2 ... sure Final Fantasy used to command big fanfare back in the PS1 era and somewhat in the PS2 era but it's definitely in a state of decline as far as franchises go. Not to mention the mixed reviews and reception of 13. I think alot of retailers saw that and started trying to entice people ... but imho I really don't see Starcraft 2 getting massive discounts at launch.

Actually that's not true. While the game has gotten mixed reviews, it was never expected to do poorly. As a matter of fact, it was extremely successful. It sold faster than any other final fantasy game in history. It sold a million copies in only five days.
http://www.joystiq.c...ise-square-eni/

#99 warfox33

warfox33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:38 AM

Picked up:
Transcend 8gb flash drive- $9.XX (5 left)
WD 500 gb HDD- $17.XX (3 left)
HP DVD+R 50 pack- $4.XX (2 left)

#100 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:50 AM

how come some games just dissapear from the video games section???

i was looking for motorstorm AE, dragons age, resident evil 5, PS3 EYE CAMERA, and nothing around any of my local targets (3 different targets)

ps3 eye camera - theres something about these cameras (with the PS motion controller coming out), ive been searching walmart, target, kmart, TRU, (BB has it at full price) trying to find it on clearance, kmart HAD it for 1.99 but OOS, but no one has any in stock, what gives????

do stores really just take products off shelves just so no one can buy them????

It may just be that someone came along right as the games/items were put on clearance or they just forgot to put them back on the shelf after pulling them.

If your store is one of the ones redoing their electronics section with the new plastic prison setup, then perhaps they moved all of them to the back to accomodate the revamp. You could try asking about particular items you're interested in.

I think Sears may have the PS Eye on clearance there. Someone found it marked $11.97 there. But there's only been ONE reported sighting of it for that price.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#101 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:39 AM

I found an old model executive office chair in the back for 75% off and it came out to 15 bucks. I also got the last 3 PB Twixes...lol

#102 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

I found an "AS IS" $2.56 price sticker on a new Iron Man 2 CONCEPT SERIES, ARMOR TECH, SHOCKWAVE MISSION figure. Originally $9.99. Don't know if there was a problem with this one or not. They blotted out the barcode and sku'd the price tag.988030870004989552 is what it read.

Usually when that happens the product is not on file in our systems, so the Price Change team creates labels for NOF product. Sometimes we get stuff that's supposed to go to other stores. Once I had a box of Great Value crackers and I was laughing at myself if I tried to stock it on the floor...heheh

#103 WTFer

WTFer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:30 AM

The horror, my Target put up those new glass encased tethered shelves for all the games.

#104 terutt

terutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:45 AM

2000 Wii points cards.....$5.....

#105 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

The horror, my Target put up those new glass encased tethered shelves for all the games.

haha yeah unfortunately they are all converting to that display.
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#106 spiderdog

spiderdog

$59.99 for a Game no Way!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

512 Xbox 360 memory card $7.48 WPB, Fl

Nice!
Posted Image

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← →B A
PSN=spiderdog
XBL=Spiderdogg

#107 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

2 of my stores did that yesterday... On the positive side, it forced them to clear out their back room and I got a wireless MS mouse for $5 and a couple of laptop bags at 75% off. Also picked up the NYKO media port extender for PS3 for $3.74... The Monster Component cables finally dropped to $5.xx, but the 360 and PS3 ones had already been bought at $10.xx...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#108 macschwag14

macschwag14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Wow ... really ... because I found this website that's selling Demon's Souls for $2.50 ... I'm going to make another thread about it ... if I can sort through all the other Demon's Souls threads currently on the 1st page ;)

Wha...? Where was this for $2.50? Hard to believe that's legit.

#109 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

Wha...? Where was this for $2.50? Hard to believe that's legit.

It was actually only $1. The shipping was an extra $1.50.

#110 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

2000 Wii points cards.....$5.....

If you are saying you found these, and you want to be super nice, I'd take as many codes as possible and pay via Paypal.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#111 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

I stopped by my local Target with the plastic prison. I noticed that :ps3: SingStar:Queen had a a regular white shelf tag for $9.98. Also, somehow all the Bayonettas disappeared from that store so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping these will reappear and be on clearance.

Therefore, I think we better not just run through the plastic prison, but take a close look at the price tags because you might miss some good clearance game deals if you assume everything is located in the clearance endcap.

#112 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

I like that new system actually. It allows you to check out the case front and back without having to ask an employee to open the case so you could check out the games.

It also keeps the stashers at bay, since from what I've seen in other Target stores with this setup they keep ALL of the games in one place and don't put out the clearance titles on the endcaps, which is what allows people to hide shit in the first place.

So, well played Target, well played.:applause:

Posted Image

#113 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

I like that new system actually. It allows you to check out the case front and back without having to ask an employee to open the case so you could check out the games.

It also keeps the stashers at bay, since from what I've seen in other Target stores with this setup they keep ALL of the games in one place and don't put out the clearance titles on the endcaps, which is what allows people to hide shit in the first place.

The Targets I've been to that had the plastic prisons still had clearance endcaps. (Of course, that's back when Targets still had video game clearance. ;))

I don't understand the distaste for the new style. I think people are taking the coincidence of new layout with lack of clearance as being cause and effect. But all the Targets I've been to have been barren no matter what the layout.

And just for some perspective, in the past few months it was only the new layout stores where I found:
1. Demons Souls on clearance
2. Modern Warfare 2 Hardened on clearance
3. Mass Effect 2 Collectors weeks after release
4. DSi bundle on clearance
5. White PS2 bundle on clearance.

So the sky isn't falling. Or at least it's not falling because games in tethered cases.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#114 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

^^ Wow, DSi and white PS2 bundles on clearance. You have some pretty awesome Target clearances in your area.

I remember when people reported seeing :ps3: Demons Soul on clearance. Those were all bought at MSRP or at 30% off in my area. There was no way I'd be able to pick up a copy at $14.98 as some other CAGs reported in this thread.

#115 deanabrown

deanabrown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

Found a Resident Evil 5 PS3 for $20.98 in the housewares section @ Plymouth Meeting Target. Looks like it was hid by someone, but I put it back on the video game clearance shelf. If anyone is looking for this game, its there.

#116 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

Just snagged two copies of :360: Beatles: Rock Band for $20. Right after grabbing them an employee came around and said he was going to pick them up when his shift ended in 10 minutes. Felt bad for a moment, but not really.

Now to find a cheap mic…

DCH_Logo%202014_CAG.png

Also on Twitter @ DanCote.Himself

#117 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

Like Salty, the one Target in my area with these cases still have the clearance endcaps, but for whatever reason I have far more luck finding stuff at this store than the ones without these cases. Unfortunately it isn't exactly close by otherwise I'd make it out there more often.

#118 Bosnian_Lord

Bosnian_Lord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

I went to 2 Target, stores last night, and fount nothing. :cry: That's just my luck. :bouncy:

#119 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

Like Salty, the one Target in my area with these cases still have the clearance endcaps, but for whatever reason I have far more luck finding stuff at this store than the ones without these cases. Unfortunately it isn't exactly close by otherwise I'd make it out there more often.

The only store I ever saw with the new setup before my two local ones remade their game sections kept all of the clearance games locked up in individual 'prison' type cases or at least they did so while they were higher priced($30-40).

That's why I thought that the remodeled stores did away with the endcaps for games.

Posted Image

#120 Brock F'N Samson

Brock F'N Samson

FightingGame Brawler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

This may be a long shot, but is anyone here from the central Florida area? Also if you are, have you checked out if any of these cheap prices are REALLY at the local Target stores? I ask because Target is really out of my way and might check it out if they are selling the games listed at these prices.