Target Clearance Thread XVII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4298 replies to this topic

#151 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:12 AM

Just a reminder to always check your purchase before you leave Target. I was at a different store than normal and saw Rock Band Beatles 360 for $20 and the vampire intro deck from the Magic:TG Zendikar set (really rare and sells online for at least $20, MSRP is $12.)

Had a coupon for $1 off Target Cafe so I decide to eat there and open my purchases. Rock Band Beatles was fine, but the Magic deck had the best 5 cards pulled from it and the booster pack was also missing. There was no damage to the box at all and the cards are sealed so someone must have opened it and somehow resealed the cards as I SERIOUSLY doubt it left WOTC like that.

No problem getting my money back as I hadn't left the store.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#152 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

I pulled the price changes today and it was slim. I saw Memorex CD accessories (sleeves, jewel cases, Opti Fix, etc.) and two 19'' Vizios. No games unfortunately.

#153 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:45 AM

Just a reminder to always check your purchase before you leave Target. I was at a different store than normal and saw Rock Band Beatles 360 for $20 and the vampire intro deck from the Magic:TG Zendikar set (really rare and sells online for at least $20, MSRP is $12.)

Had a coupon for $1 off Target Cafe so I decide to eat there and open my purchases. Rock Band Beatles was fine, but the Magic deck had the best 5 cards pulled from it and the booster pack was also missing. There was no damage to the box at all and the cards are sealed so someone must have opened it and somehow resealed the cards as I SERIOUSLY doubt it left WOTC like that.

No problem getting my money back as I hadn't left the store.

Actually I wouldn't be too worried about Target and returns, even after you've left the store and it's been a few days. My girlfriend bought one of those teeth whitening kits from Target and opened it up, started using it, and basically I guess it hurt her gums or something. We both figured she was out the $40 bucks she spent on it, but on a whim like a week later, I grabbed the open kit and remaining contents and went over to the local Target.

After explaining why I was returning it, the lady was like 'Oh we can just mark it defective' and she ended up giving me cash back because the receipt had my gf's credit card on it. Needless to say, I was really impressed ... so usually Target is really good about any sort of defects or items that aren't what you thought they would be.

Granted I've run into a few CSRs who go crazy with returns and treat you like a criminal, but for the most part Target is very fair to its customers, even after some time has passed on a purchase.

#154 Andami

Andami

Buy Because it's on Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

Andami do you go to the Target on Bayou?

Honestly, I have no idea. I don't live in Pensacola, so I'm not really familiar with the street names. It was the one closest to Cordova Mall I think.

#155 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

scored shaun white target edition 360 for $3.74 last night in p'cola.

axlrose4183.png

#156 kodave

kodave

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

Actually I wouldn't be too worried about Target and returns, even after you've left the store and it's been a few days. My girlfriend bought one of those teeth whitening kits from Target and opened it up, started using it, and basically I guess it hurt her gums or something. We both figured she was out the $40 bucks she spent on it, but on a whim like a week later, I grabbed the open kit and remaining contents and went over to the local Target.

After explaining why I was returning it, the lady was like 'Oh we can just mark it defective' and she ended up giving me cash back because the receipt had my gf's credit card on it. Needless to say, I was really impressed ... so usually Target is really good about any sort of defects or items that aren't what you thought they would be.

Granted I've run into a few CSRs who go crazy with returns and treat you like a criminal, but for the most part Target is very fair to its customers, even after some time has passed on a purchase.

I'd say you got super lucky with that whole teeth whitening transaction, especially since she gave you cash for it. She should have refunded the money to your GF's credit card in case you weren't actually her boyfriend and you stole the thing from your GF and she had no idea her product was missing and was being returned. In fact even if your GF was there to return it I'm pretty sure they're just supposed to charge the money back to her credit card and not give you cash unless its below like $5 or $10 - and that $5-10 might just be if gift cards were used

#157 loc0bob

loc0bob

10 Year CAGiversay April 2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:18 PM

El Dorado Hills, CA

GH5 360 $24.98
BRB 360 $27.98
Huge pile of PS2 junk
GTA Vice City Stories PSP 9.98 (bought)
Smackdown v Raw 2009 PSP 9.98

Im suprised anything was left considering you visited the Target in "El Hoardo Hills". Next time pull a Steve Irwin and be on the lookout for the elusive masked man and be sure to try and shove a thumb up his bum to see if you piss him off. Just beware of stingrays.

On Topic - Only thing good at my local Target over the weekend was a Guitar Hero 5 (360) for 24.98. Already picked it up at my local Family Video for 10 bones tho.
Currently Playing
PS3 - MLB 13 (Go Cubs!)
PS4 - Destiny
X360 - Tiger Woods 2014
XB1 - Titanfall, Madden
Recently Beat - Wolfenstein - TNO, Killzone - SF, Fable Anniversary, Ryse, Resident Evil REV, Stick of Truth

#158 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

Just got back from Target...no video games...picked up some sony headphones for 4.74 and a Sony Cybershot 12.1 megapixel camera for 56.xx

#159 autopiloton

autopiloton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

:psp: MX vs. ATV $13.xx
:psp: Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core $13.xx
:psp: Star Wars (Battlefront?) $13.xx
:psp: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories $13.xx
:psp: Final Fantasy $10.xx
:psp: Ben 10 $13.xx
:psp: Screen Protectors $2.xx
:psp: Component cables (can't remember the exact price, but it was under $10 I think)

:360: Genesis Collection $13.xx
:360: Call of Duty 3 Platinum Hits $13.xx
:360: Tetris Evolution $13.xx
:360: Fable 2 Platinum Hits $13.xx
:360: Beatles Rock Band - Game Only $27.xx

Didn't pay attention to the prices, but saw:
:ps2: G-Force
:ps2: G.I. Joe
:ps2: God of War 2
:ps2: Bakugan
...along with a ton of others

:ps2: Guitar Hero 5 (can't remember the price)
:ps2: DJ Hero $5x.xx

:ps3: Band Hero Complete Bundle $44.xx
:ps3: Touch Charge Kit $12.xx

:ds: Wire Way $4.xx

:pc: Linksys USB Wifi Adapter $41.xx
:pc: Linksys Cable Modem $33.xx

Saw the Phillips 47" LCD again for $799.xx (down from $999)

Saw the high end Harmony model (with the color screen) for 50% off at $7x.xx

I can't even remember all the other stuff I saw. Phone chargers, HDTV antennas, phone accessories, MP3 player accessories, headphones, GPS accessories, a TON of printer paper, that smart pen thing was $11x.xx.

Sad that I didn't see the 500GB hard drives for $17.xx :-(.
:ps3: :wii: :360: :psp: :ds: :xbox: :ps2: :gc: :pc:

#160 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

Picked last copy Band Hero Complete Bundle (PS3) MSRP $179.99 for $44.97 plus taxes. Thought is very good deal :)
"Evil is Funs"

#161 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

hit several targets today with no new video game clearance to speak of. strangely some old stuff that was clearanced out already (tekken 6, prototype) has made a comeback at msrp.

MildObstruction.png

#162 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

Only had time to hit 1 Target before work but they FINALLY started the WD 500gb drives on clearance. Sadly, it started at 30% (whereas the other Target near me started at 50%) but I still bought one at $50 for work purposes. Figured I'd be kicking myself if I missed out (since I needed it sooner than later) trying to save $15. Lots of other random things all over electronics on clearance but nothing really exciting (photo paper, some alkaline batteries, etc) Definitely one of those weeks that they start a lot of things on clearance so maybe some good deals during the rest of the month. (anyone know if clearance will go as expected on Memorial Day? I think they usually stick with the normal schedule even if Monday is a holiday)

I'm afraid the PS3 Band Hero that I've been watching at another Target will have dropped today... won't be able to get there until after El Hoardo sweeps in.

#163 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

hit several targets today with no new video game clearance to speak of. strangely some old stuff that was clearanced out already (tekken 6, prototype) has made a comeback at msrp.

Noticed that with :360: Dark Void today...new stack at $29.99.

My store was switching over to the new cases today. They are mostly empty with labels for games that clearanced out last month at their 75% off prices. They had Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics with the Summer's version label for $12.48 but wouldn't honor the price.

Did see today:

:360: GTA Episodes from Liberty City $9.98 (straight to 75% off...anybody wanna buy my code for Lost and Damned?)

:psp: SW Battlefront Renegade Squadron $4.98

:wii: Wii Speak $7.48

:ps3: Marvel UA 2 $9.98

:ps2: DJ Hero $19.98

Edited by 180husher, 03 May 2010 - 06:15 PM.

Posted Image

#164 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

Man, the Target here needs to make up its mind. When they first put in the new cases about three weeks ago, they locked up all of the clearance games inside of them. Two weeks ago, the clearance games were all back out on the end cap where they had been before. Last week, they were locked in the case again. Now this week, they're back on the end cap.

:ps2: Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories finally dropped to $7.48, so I picked that up. Other than that, some of the other PS2 titles that had already been in the clearance cycle dropped further (notably, :ps2: God of War II dropped to $4.98, which would have been awesome if I didn't already have the PS3 collection). Still no new drops, though.

#165 TheToE

TheToE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

Picked up some logitech z4 2.1 speakers for 20.00. These things sound great for the price!

#166 TheToE

TheToE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

scored shaun white target edition 360 for $3.74 last night in p'cola.

Damn! We I am in pcola as well. Never knew of any other cags, I hit the bayou target all the time. I am willing to help fellow cags out, hit me up with a PM if you need any info.

#167 NipPicker

NipPicker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

no games but i did picked up a bottle of Turtle ice synthetic wax for 2.54

#168 thecrazyhorse13

thecrazyhorse13

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

TheToE i am in Pcola as well. Hit the nine mile target. Nothing worth mentioning really. Beatles rockband ps3 19.xx. Seems they are not moving clearance games to the clearance endcap anymore. At least ps3/xbox 360 games. Ninja Gaiden Sigma II still 59.99

#169 Ray5555

Ray5555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

Target at the waterfront in pittsburgh pa has Darkvoid $29.97 for the 360, and Final Fantasy for the PSP for $14.97

#170 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

Was hoping Beatles RB would hit 75% off today but no dice

#171 Bosnian_Lord

Bosnian_Lord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

Over the weekend I browsed 4 Target, stores, in Chi. and Merrillville Indiana, and found nothing. :cry:

#172 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Found a couple of Lexar 4gb MemorySticks (056-12-0759) today for $7.48. These are are in blue packaging and found in the camera memory card section as opposed to the red packages found near the PS3 accessories. Those were still $20.98 oddly enough.
The sticks appear to be exactly the same in both the red and blue packaging.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#173 pigeon12

pigeon12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

I picked up Saints Row for 5 and Kingdom Hearts for 7.48... from Target! Which would make sense since this is the Target thread.

#174 macschwag14

macschwag14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

It was actually only $1. The shipping was an extra $1.50.

Is this deal still around or am I just out of luck?

#175 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

Noticed that with :360: Dark Void today...new stack at $29.99.

My store was switching over to the new cases today. They are mostly empty with labels for games that clearanced out last month at their 75% off prices. They had Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics with the Summer's version label for $12.48 but wouldn't honor the price.

Did see today:

:360: GTA Episodes from Liberty City $9.98 (straight to 75% off...anybody wanna buy my code for Lost and Damned?)

:psp: SW Battlefront Renegade Squadron $4.98

:wii: Wii Speak $7.48

:ps2: DJ Hero $19.98

Man I need to see if they clearance MUA 2 and GTA Episodes, I doubt it since i saw them MSRP two days ago =(
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#176 ster

ster

LETS CHOP CATS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

this thread gets me so salty. i want my target to clearance stuff. :(

Posted Image

#177 veggielasagna

veggielasagna

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:06 PM

Got the last Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction for $7.48 at my Target a few mins. ago.

-veggielasagna

#178 77Pat

77Pat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

Was at my local Target today and they switched to the new cases. It looks like they will be able to have a larger selection of games now.

Some games I saw:

ps2/ps3 Band Hero $40/$45
ps2 DJ Hero $20
xbox 360 beatles rock band game only $27 (has been this price for a month)
some random ps2 games

#179 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

Got the last Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction for $7.48 at my Target a few mins. ago.

-veggielasagna

Did see today:

It's prices like these that get me excited, and force me to look when I pass a Target...but I've yet to see anything close to that sort of deal. I mean seriously, Liberty City for $10 a few weeks after release!?!

#180 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:22 PM

saw Crisis Core for $5 today. almost got it but didnt need it since I already have it.