Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#3361 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

re: Sleeping Dogs DLC

That's interesting. Is there a list somewhere of which DLC unlocks?

It's kind of like Magic. At first you see a crap load of DLC and you think you need it all but really it's stuff that unlocks during the course of the game anyway.

I think it's unlock in the sense of allowing you to play it (and not in the get-it-early sense.) That's the impression that I got from the DLC description, but I can't say for sure as I haven't played the game.

#3362 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Well that's interesting, I just purchased 2 of the bundles through the Moneybooker payment option successfully. Guess I'll see what happens in January.

fs_overall.png

#3363 Wolfmight

Wolfmight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Sleeping Dogs for $11.90 (Using the GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 Coupon Code.) plus $6 GMG Credit is actually pretty tempting. However, I did take a look at all the DLC on Steam's product page, and, yeah, that is a lot of content. I think I'd prefer a more complete package, but that is a good price. As usual, I find myself torn.

WOaoly shet, that's a nice code for this. The DLC will later be discounted in a pack of no more than $10 someday.
best bet - the entire collection will end up like a Saints Row 3+All DLC deal for $10-11ish

#3364 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

What, what.....?

Spoiler

;)

#3365 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

As someone who has gotten every achievement in Sleeping Dogs, and a few pieces of the DLC.... Don't get the DLC.

The game is a ton of fun. The best piece of DLC is Nightmare in North Point, which cost me like $6.79 or something like that, and it only lasted an hour for me to complete it 100%.

I also bought another 2.50 piece of DLC, but that was only to get more Triad XP for my last achievement :(.

The only real piece of DLC is Nightmare in North Point, so if you need some, get that.

fs_overall.png

#3366 Sufuma

Sufuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Really glad I'm somewhat far into Sleeping Dogs.
Nothing quite like seeing your backlog get cheaper and cheaper.

#3367 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

"Achievement completed: Capitalism, ho! Woho! You saved 80% on a game!"

Darn right I did, GamersGate. Darn right.

#3368 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

WOaoly shet, that's a nice code for this. The DLC will later be discounted in a pack of no more than $10 someday.
best bet - the entire collection will end up like a Saints Row 3+All DLC deal for $10-11ish

Yeah, I am willing to wait, but, at the same time, I truly do want to play this game. Its development was fascinating to watch, particularly since it was previously part of the True Crime franchise. (Humorously enough, I never played those games. I enjoyed hearing about the bugs in the second game, though.) Now that it's out and getting a lot of good word of mouth, I would like to join in.

For CAG's, it sounds simple until the checkout screen is reached. "Will it be cheaper? Will you play it before that time? [In some cases,] will this game eventually be in a bundle?" Shoite.

#3369 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Bought SD from GMG; activated via Steam.
That deal's INSANE, with the percent off coupon ($11.90) + then an extra $6 GMG Credit.
Downloading the Sleeping Dogs from Steam!!! :D

EDIT:
I always had trouble w/ going straight-up CC w/ GMG and having to do a song and dance to get my bank/CC to let it go through.
God, they made it SO MUCH EASIER w/ now allowing PayPal via CC - which is what I prefer doing for International orders.
Went through no problem that way. :D

Edited by MysterD, 22 December 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#3370 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

As someone who has gotten every achievement in Sleeping Dogs, and a few pieces of the DLC.... Don't get the DLC.

The game is a ton of fun. The best piece of DLC is Nightmare in North Point, which cost me like $6.79 or something like that, and it only lasted an hour for me to complete it 100%.

I also bought another 2.50 piece of DLC, but that was only to get more Triad XP for my last achievement :(.

The only real piece of DLC is Nightmare in North Point, so if you need some, get that.

I am not an OMG I HAVE TO HAVE EVER SINGLE PIECE OF DLC EVAH OR THE GAME IS NOT COMPLETE type person. I mean obviously because I own Railworks and I'm not bankrupt.

I kind of hate that companies do that to people now. The thing is though I think people need to look at it like F2P microtransactions because that is really the model that the gaming industry is trying to emulate these days.

With F2P games there's a lot of different little extras you can buy if you want but they are optional, meant to be optional and it's not meant that every single person should need to get them all.

That said, when Squeidos gets desperate enough they will dump them all together in a big cheap pack, but I don't think that will be for some time. Meanwhile I've heard good things about the game and would like to give it a spin.

I know right? Who plays their games?

#3371 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Sleeping Dogs is tempting, but with all I have to play, I can guarantee I'll see a better/complete deal before I get around to playing it. For those who'll play it now, though, go for it!

#3372 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Looks like GG ran out of certian codes. I was able to get 3 before I went to bed last night and I was able to get three more now but they say they are out of keys for Fallout 3, Hunted, Rage, and Rogue Warrior.

#3373 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Looks like GG ran out of certian codes. I was able to get 3 before I went to bed last night and I was able to get three more now but they say they are out of keys for Fallout 3, Hunted, Rage, and Rogue Warrior.

Mine is out of everything. I managed to get the ones last night that I sold off, and Skyrim this morning. Everything else is out.

#3374 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Wow I'm really glad I fought through the pain and retrieved all the keys from both bundles yesterday

I really can't decide if I want to get Sleeping Dogs...$5.90 (factoring in credit) is an incredible price for it but I have no idea if I even really want to play it. I swear I care more about how good a deal is than what the game even is most of the time

#3375 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yea, I'm tempted by Sleeping Dogs on GMG as well. Still wondering whether the extreme mouse slowness was caused by my system, the demo, or something else. I maxed out the sensitivity and I still had to move the mouse a ton just to turn. Made the chase scenes very tough.

I played on my PC with Xbox controler and no slowness whatsoever. Also, with high def packs, very purty

#3376 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Mine is out of everything. I managed to get the ones last night that I sold off, and Skyrim this morning. Everything else is out.

I managed to get Oblivion and New Vegas keys just a little bit ago. Cockblocked on the rest though.

The Stardock stuff I got with no problems at all because Slickdeals and Reddit and such never caught on/card about that one.

I swear I care more about how good a deal is than what the game even is most of the time

And? I'm really failing to see the problem here. :mrgreen:

#3377 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

I played on my PC with Xbox controler and no slowness whatsoever. Also, with high def packs, very purty

Looks like it's fixed both with controller and my mouse. Maybe I had to reboot or something like that.

Now to decide whether to get the credit or the cashback.

#3378 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Is the Stardock bundle gone too? I never could seem to find it last night

EDIT: Nevermind, came up on search this time. I'm guessing it wasn't $50 last night though

#3379 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

So I totally find this out like 15 minutes before the flash is over but Sims Medieval is a secret flash at $10.19 and people are saying in Australia it's even cheaper @ $2.19!

http://steamcommunit...40247905549611/

Is the Stardock bundle gone too? I never could seem to find it last night

EDIT: Nevermind, came up on search this time. I'm guessing it wasn't $50 last night though

It was $25 last night on a price mistake.

#3380 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

I have a pending payment, if I pay now will it be a good and safe move? I mean, I don't know if GG won't give me keys or whatever... anyone advice?
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#3381 LoLRoflCopter

LoLRoflCopter

Moar GAEMS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Sooooooooo..........does anyone want to sell me there extra Bethesda bundle? :D Please...

Posted Image

#3382 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I couldn't resist, so I bought sleeping dogs with the cash back option. I decided to get the cash back option as opposed to credit in case steam has a better sale and I can justify buying it today instead of waiting. It's a mental justification game for me when buying games for a huge backlog.

#3383 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Man, I'm doing horrible with the Communitys Choice games...

Universe Sandbox... eh.

fs_overall.png

#3384 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

By the end of this sale I predict talk of gamersgate will have filled this thread more than steam related talk.

#3385 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

New Community votes
Ace of Spades
Primordia
Hotline Miami

I'm thinking Primordia or ace of spades myself.

#3386 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

I couldn't resist, so I bought sleeping dogs with the cash back option. I decided to get the cash back option as opposed to credit in case steam has a better sale and I can justify buying it today instead of waiting. It's a mental justification game for me when buying games for a huge backlog.

I highly doubt Steam will be able to beat GMG's SD deal. It is a glitch after all.

Man, I'm doing horrible with the Communitys Choice games...

Universe Sandbox... eh.

Hey, that's what I voted for. I got one right.

#3387 Hamb3000

Hamb3000

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I made the purchase last night and completed the payment this morning. I managed to get codes for Dishonored, Oblivion, Morrowind, and Skyrim. The rest ran out of keys.

#3388 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

By the end of this sale I predict talk of gamersgate will have filled this thread more than steam related talk.

So far I've seen more talk about everyone but Steam. Course, what's there to talk about? Amnesia's five bucks again.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#3389 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

#3390 LoLRoflCopter

LoLRoflCopter

Moar GAEMS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

I made the purchase last night and completed the payment this morning. I managed to get codes for Dishonored, Oblivion, Morrowind, and Skyrim. The rest ran out of keys.

Would you like to sell me any? :DDDD

Posted Image