Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#3571 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

where is it $9?

gamefly

#3572 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

...sniff our fruit instead of the other guy's.

Uh,....

:puke:

Unrelated edit:
Spoiler

#3573 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I don't know, I feel like a bunch of us are competing now like grocers at fruit market all trying to yell the loudest to get people to come and sniff our fruit instead of the other guy's.

Haha yeah pretty much. One seller wants $5 for a key and you see another person for $4 or $3. I guess eventually the guy wanting $5 would sell once there are no cheaper options anymore.

#3574 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

anyone interested in buying skyrim from me?

In the Group Buy thread maybe

#3575 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

You can get Hotline Miami at Gamefly for $4 using that HOLIDAY20 code. It's not much, but you're saving a buck.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3576 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I doubt the walking dead will be any cheaper. Should I bite at $9?

Depends how much you want to play it.

Since it has no multiplayer and almost 0 replay value, the console version will drive the price down lower because of the used game market and rentals.

If I had to guess $7.50 or under sometime in Feb. (maybe after coupon) and around $5 or Tony bundled during the summer.

#3577 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

anyone interested in buying skyrim from me?

No, but I am offering one shiny new American dollar for Brink!

#3578 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Does anyone have an extra skyrim? I'm willing to trade $15 of whatever you want from steam.

#3579 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

I might bite on that does it show up as one entry on steam or does each one have a diff slot like back to the future I hate how that is such a library hog.

1 slot.

#3580 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I pulled the trigger on the GMG Sleeping Dogs deal - I had $3 in total credits, and decided it was a fine enough price for the game.

I feel pretty good - I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

#3581 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

$50 is a little high.... I sold mine for $35 (I think the extra $8 profit was worth the 5+ hours of tabbing )

Yeah, $8 seems to be a reasonable mark-up for all the struggle to buy and then get keys. I was up until 4AM trying to get my last few keys. But I never got Rage. Well, unless you count the rage I was feeling trying to get the website to give me my keys. lol

So now I have an extra copy to sell, but it's not complete. I was gonna sell it as a unit for $35, now I'll probably be forced to break it up.

EDIT: Sold

Edited by The End, 22 December 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#3582 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I paid $13.60 for Sleeping Dogs just before thanksgiving, and promptly played it. It was fantastic. Somewhat GTA styled but with a totally fresh setting and story (and reasons to respect civilian causalities. The melee combat system reminds me of Batman AA/AC.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Lurkers you say? Well I'm an equal opportunity guy. Somewhere that lurker is having a fine Christmas.
I'm going out with a bang folks! Wait for it.....

SKYRIM

Spoiler

DISHONORED

Spoiler

Happy Hanukkah![/QUOTE]

^_^ Lovely!

[quote name='Neuro5i5']What a douche:[/QUOTE]

I don't believe it. GG support that fast, esp after such traffic. I'm calling it a hoax. There's a subset of people on SD that are just full of shit.

[quote name='plft']Yea, I'm tempted by Sleeping Dogs on GMG as well. Still wondering whether the extreme mouse slowness was caused by my system, the demo, or something else. I maxed out the sensitivity and I still had to move the mouse a ton just to turn. Made the chase scenes very tough.[/QUOTE]

Mouse? Use a controller! I tried using a mouse for shooting on the demo, but quickly reverted to full time controller.

[quote name='DPsycho']"Achievement completed: Capitalism, ho! Woho! You saved 80% on a game!"

Darn right I did, GamersGate. Darn right.[/QUOTE]

I am just shocked at how many regular/full-time CAGs didn't have any/much GG experience.

[quote name='MysterD']Bought SD from GMG; activated via Steam.
That deal's INSANE, with the percent off coupon ($11.90) + then an extra $6 GMG Credit.
Downloading the Sleeping Dogs from Steam!!! :D

EDIT:
I always had trouble w/ going straight-up CC w/ GMG and having to do a song and dance to get my bank/CC to let it go through.
God, they made it SO MUCH EASIER w/ now allowing PayPal via CC - which is what I prefer doing for International orders.
Went through no problem that way. :D[/QUOTE]

Getting international orders through the first time some place has been dicey for me, usually just a short call to VISA fraud services clears it up. I've used both CC and paypal-CC. No difference in setting it up for me.

[quote name='monkeysez']I played on my PC with Xbox controler and no slowness whatsoever. Also, with high def packs, very purty[/QUOTE]

Yes, the high-res texture pack is a must if you have the VRAM (1GB iirc, worked on my 896MB). It makes some nice visual improvement.

[quote name='Broken Cage']So far I've seen more talk about everyone but Steam. Course, what's there to talk about? Amnesia's five bucks again.[/QUOTE]

What's steam given us to talk about? Seriously. A sale on second hand navel lint would garner more discussion.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Voted Primordia.

Sad my Bethesda pack never went through after 5 hours but hey I have a huge backlog that needs to be finished. Just started going through and completing games then tagging them with a category 'Completed' So I actually start finishing my backlog and not adding to it. haha.[/QUOTE]

Hey buddy, we don't need that kinda talk in this thread. You wouldn't go to an AA meeting and boast about getting smashed, would you? :lol:

[quote name='hbluft']Voted Primordia, debating whether Unmechanical is worth getting.[/QUOTE]

Play the demo on steam then decided. I found it underwhelming. Well I just finished a few demos...

Gaina Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- pretty good. I'd be tempted to pick it up at $3.75 (75% off). Competent platforming, response controls, creative bits of levels. Kickass soundtrack.

Hell Yeah -- it's alright. Demo was a bit easy. Controls could be tighter. I expect I'll wind up with it packed into some Tony-bundle next year. I don't feel compelled to pick it up outside a pack/bundle.

Unmechanical -- try Uninspired. What is does it does fairly smoothly. I felt the gameplay was stale. It needed (more?) Anti-Aliasing. Aurally dull. The keyboard controls annoyed me. The other two were controller friendly.

[quote name='SackAttack']You have to figure there are a ton of people who jump on these games anyway, though. Why would they keep putting up farm simulator/train simulator/etc if the games they're choosing don't move?[/QUOTE]

Oh you didn't, did you? Boys! (Imagine four large men in dirty overalls carrying suitably sized sledgehammers.) Don't Fuck with train fanatics! :lol: Seriously though, a set of us own Railworks, some own Trainz, and if you start dissing casual games around here you're gonna find blood coming out of places you never want blood coming out of.

[quote name='Mooby']It's possible. Sleeping Dogs is another game I'm in no rush to get since I have an old machine. That said, if you look at Squenix titles they drop in price FAST. Deus Ex HR has been $5 on a pretty consistent basis after only a year. I'd say Sleeping Dogs will be $10 during the next Summer Sale. Possibly cheaper on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Dogs ran just fine (generally over 30 FPS) on my old 3.2 GHz 3-core Phenom II with GTX 260. This guide on rage3d helped me optimize my settings.

http://www.rage3d.co...gs_tweak_guide/

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3583 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, $8 seems to be a reasonable mark-up for all the struggle to buy and then get keys. I was up until 4AM trying to get my last few keys. But I never got Rage. Well, unless you count the rage I was feeling trying to get the website to give me my keys. lol

So now I have an extra copy to sell, but it's not complete. I was gonna sell it as a unit for $35, now I'll probably be forced to break it up.

If it's any consolation the Rage that comes in that bundle didn't have sewer levels... not that it was much of a deal breaker for me since a friend gifted it to me.

#3584 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

gamefly

I haven't been following that thread at all, but I still don't see how it's $9? It's 12.50 right now and 20% off that is $9.99. And the HOLIDAY10 and HOLIDAY20 codes don't stack...is there another code I should be entering?

EDIT: oh does gamefly stil lhave loyalty discounts? It's been that long since I was a member LOL

#3585 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Sleeping Dogs ran just fine (generally over 30 FPS) on my old 3.2 GHz 3-core Phenom II with GTX 260. This guide on rage3d helped me optimize my settings.

Prepare to be astounded... your computer is newer than mine! :lol: But I refuse to give up my old slug... it's like old Yeller. I can't put him down yet!

#3586 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Rybrad is back in the Greenmangaming thread.

Mooby go slap him with a white glove or something.

Yes I am evil.

#3587 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Rybrad is back in the Greenmangaming thread.

Mooby go slap him with a white glove or something.

Yes I am evil.

I'll put a stop to it!

#3588 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

If it's any consolation the Rage that comes in that bundle didn't have sewer levels... not that it was much of a deal breaker for me since a friend gifted it to me.

Well I already own Rage, so I don't care. But it does leave a gap in the extra pack that I want to sell. Which I assume would reduce the value of the pack.

#3589 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Bought SD from GMG; activated via Steam.
That deal's INSANE, with the percent off coupon ($11.90) + then an extra $6 GMG Credit.
Downloading the Sleeping Dogs from Steam!!! :D

EDIT:
I always had trouble w/ going straight-up CC w/ GMG and having to do a song and dance to get my bank/CC to let it go through.
God, they made it SO MUCH EASIER w/ now allowing PayPal via CC - which is what I prefer doing for International orders.
Went through no problem that way. :D

I didn't know that; CC via Paypal. I may finally take the splurge on using an International Retailer. Thanks for the info! :D

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3590 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I am just shocked at how many regular/full-time CAGs didn't have any/much GG experience.

I have purchased exactly one game (Metro 2033) from Gamersgate and that was a long time ago, to be honest I don't pay much attention to their sales since they don't always offer steam keys. I mainly stick with amazon, steam and lately GMG for my pc gaming needs

AnQAzfm.png

#3591 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I don't believe it. GG support that fast, esp after such traffic. I'm calling it a hoax. There's a subset of people on SD that are just full of shit.

Technically it was a no rep jackass repeating a troll off of reddit, so the origin of the problem started there (as do most things these days that don't start at 4chan).

SD community has less trolls because of the reputation system. No one will believe a guy with 10 rep over a guy with a few hundred or more rep so rumors get squashed pretty quickly.

Where the SD community gets its internet fun is going after companies that have price mistakes, unintentional stacking or giftcarding -- particularly the Groupon/Living Social credit or B&M stacking, and serving as ground zero for the biggest and most complicated firesales (the Great HP Touchpad Firesale of 2011 comes to mind).

EDIT: Nice, jackass doesn't get Shaqfu'd. Will have to remember that one.

#3592 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Has Alpha Protocol ever been down to the $5 mark? Beat the game on PS3 a while ago and wanted to get the PC version.
Posted Image

#3593 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

^^^
Ya it was $5 on STEAM a few months back; although there were a handful of people on STEAM crying because it wasn't $2 like it was over a year ago.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3594 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

^^^
Ya it was $5 on STEAM a few months back; although there were a handful of people on STEAM crying because it wasn't $2 like it was over a year ago.

Cool, It's $7.49 right now so I guess I'll wait for it.
Posted Image

#3595 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Do racing games like Grid, Dirt or Need for Speed ever go 75% off??

Don't know about Dirt or Need For Speed, but I bought Grid for $3.75 last year sometime.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#3596 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Has Alpha Protocol ever been down to the $5 mark? Beat the game on PS3 a while ago and wanted to get the PC version.

$5 many times. $4 this fall. There are three price trackers in my sig.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3597 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Cool, It's $7.49 right now so I guess I'll wait for it.

I got Alpha Protocol for $2.00 during a steam sale in September of 2011.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#3598 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Any chance Dawnguard goes on sale? My sister loves twilight.

#3599 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Any chance Dawnguard goes on sale? My sister loves twilight.

100% chance. It will be discounted with Skyrim daily/flash/community choice deal. Probably 50% off.

#3600 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

I got Alpha Protocol for $2.00 during a steam sale in September of 2011.

This. Can't believe I passed on it.