Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#7861 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

is Hitman: Absolution worth the $25?

I liked it but I got it for free with my video card. Some people who played the earlier games in the franchise have kvetched about the disguise system being different and it being more stealth than dress-up. I never played them so I didn't notice. I will say it's the first stealth-based game I felt enthusiastic about playing it "right" rather than saying Fuck it and shooting everyone in the face. The plot is amusing enough, nothing you'd pay to see acted out on the big screen but more than enough to hang a game off of. For how recent it is, I'd say $20ish is fair. I have 22 hours played on it; a lot of which was me restarting levels because I was seen and wanted to get it perfect. Had I just started killing people, it'd probably be closer to 15.

#7862 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

I finally bit on Civ 5 and my God, this game is awesome. It is like crack..... maybe I should have gotten the GOTY instead of just the base game...

Just one more turn... one more turn!

(trailer for Civ 4, but still applies to 5 ;-)

#7863 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Ok so I'm trying to run Saint's Row 3 and the launcher is not even showing up, the window appears but it shows up blank...when I try to run either direct .exe I get the "SR3 has stopped working" after the AMD logo appears. Any solutions?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#7864 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

So I tried Retro City Rampage because I got it free from PS+.

Ok so lets put it this way, it's a top down GTA game but in 8-bit. Now the developer added in references to about everything 80's. The game is self aware it is a parody/throwback to the 80's and that's where it works because it's over the top. You steal the A-Team van, you meet characters like Doc Brown (well renamed of course to prevent a lawsuit but it's Doc Brown), you kill the Ninja Turtles.

It's fun, but I think why it's fun is it's over the top retro all the time. That may be a turn off for some people. It's a good buy around the $7.50-$5 mark because the missions are fun, but besides that the other stuff to do is very meh compared to GTA.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7865 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Ok so I'm trying to run Saint's Row 3 and the launcher is not even showing up, the window appears but it shows up blank...when I try to run either direct .exe I get the "SR3 has stopped working" after the AMD logo appears. Any solutions?

Verify cache integrity?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7866 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Verify cache integrity?

Installed one thing but it didn't help. Gonna try re-installing...I noticed I can't change the location of the install either, I can do that with all my other games.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#7867 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

That's why I am not sure I get the purpose of Retro City Rampage, if one wanted to play a top down version of Grand Theft Auto wouldn't they just play Grand Theft Auto 1 or 2...

Guardian_owl.png

#7868 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

*$5 DISCOUNT on each additional game.*

Have:

Skyrim $24
Dishonored $24
Doom 3 BFG Edition $10
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition $9
Fallout 3 GOTY $8
Oblivion GOTY Deluxe $7
Morrowind GOTY $7
RAGE $6
Brink Complete Pack $5

Want:

Paypal (funded by your bank account). No credit cards.
Amazon GC ($1 fee, $30 maximum)

Keys are available right now, no need to wait for them to arrive.

Remember this guy who's selling his Bethesda Pack keys for laughable amounts? Someone posted a link a few days ago about it. Seems like he has a bunch of support for his pricing scheme over in the Steam trading thread.

To paraphrase, "They're his keys and he can do what he wants with 'em! Skyrim for $24 from the Bethesda Pack is actually a good deal! I wouldn't buy them, but this outstanding gentleman might be able to take advantage of someone eventually! This is perfectly respectable, and we must chastise you for disagreeing!" :lol:

It's a little ridiculous to defend someone for such price gouging, as if he needs anyone's aid to justify selling one game for almost the price he paid for 10. I'm glad most of those heartless key peddlers stay out of this thread. We've got great people like Fox, who sells at cost. I won't allow them to be a part of this family.

#7869 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'm assuming this thread has gotten so weird because deals have, for the most part, absolutely sucked from Steam this Winter Sale ... right?

#7870 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

I'm assuming this thread has gotten so weird because deals have, for the most part, absolutely sucked from Steam this Winter Sale ... right?

Well, it just seems Amazon and the other digital game providers have amped their strategies to combat the Steam sales. I think it's great. More retailers means more options.

I've been disappointed by indie games not getting as much limelight as big retail games, but I have to remember that people usually don't come to Steam for indie games.

And besides, everything I want will be bundled eventually. :P

#7871 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Okay I bit on Resonance, thereby guaranteeing its inclusion in a bundle within four months. You're welcome, CAG.

It's definitely going to be in an Indie Royale bundle soon.

#7872 MKScorpion

MKScorpion

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Wait, the Winter Sale started?

#7873 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hoping to see The Secret World at 50% off today or tomorrow so I can get in on the extra DLC for being an early adopter of the B2P model. I have a feeling we won't get anything until 1/1 at the earlier though, at which point I can just get it from Amazon for $13.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7874 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

OK, We've still got about 6 days left of new Daily Deals. What are the games that we usually expect to go on sale during a Steam sale which haven't appeared as a daily deal yet? So far I've got:

Fallout series
Dragon Age Orgies (appeared as a flash, but not a daily)
Maybe a few Paradox games. Hearts of Iron 3 or Crusader Kings, maybe.
Command & Conquer series

You can check this thread if you can't recall everything that has been a daily deal so far.
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=3032231

#7875 Meringue

Meringue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Steam needs a "let me know when it's under x.xx amount" button, rather than just a blanket sale email gig that, from what I've seen, barely works.

#7876 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

^^^^
Far Cry series; hopefully

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7877 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Steam needs a "let me know when it's under x.xx amount" button, rather than just a blanket sale email gig that, from what I've seen, barely works.

This is what you want: http://isthereanydeal.com/waitlist/
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7878 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

This is what you want: http://isthereanydeal.com/waitlist/

That look awesome, if it works as advertised it is amazing.

#7879 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

^^^^
Far Cry series; hopefully

I guess it will be discounted in the last day, to maximalize profit, like it was Arma II was during summer sale.

#7880 Meringue

Meringue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Thanks! That seems decent.

Anyway... I want there to be a good sale, but I don't think anything else I want is going to drop low enough... I just want to buy something though, Steam has fucked me up good.

#7881 Arkin

Arkin

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Still no Deadspace or Trine. I am disappoint.

#7882 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

That look awesome, if it works as advertised it is amazing.

It was disabled for the first few days of the sale while he worked out how to keep the load down, but worked perfectly for me when Giana Sisters flipped over as a flash sale. I haven't had anything flip for me on a non-Steam site, so not sure how fast it updates other stores.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png

#7883 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

It's definitely terrible. I have just (3 minutes ago) received an email informing me that Skyrim and The Witcher 2 are on sale. :roll:

#7884 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Installed one thing but it didn't help. Gonna try re-installing...I noticed I can't change the location of the install either, I can do that with all my other games.

Eh... Even though that feature is implemented automatically now, some games still don't let you change the install directory. I suggest you look into symbolic linking if you want to move those games to different drive.

Dragon Age Orgies

Sounds like a good time.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7885 MrMuffinzzz

MrMuffinzzz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Still waiting on that Primordia sale, Valve... :-|

#7886 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Too new still, I would wager. Next sale, I'm betting.

#7887 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

It's definitely terrible. I have just (3 minutes ago) received an email informing me that Skyrim and The Witcher 2 are on sale. :roll:

I am wondering if the email will ever be delayed long enough for a sale item to stop being on sale when you receive the notice.

I would absolutely love an email at x or below price.

#7888 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

I saw it at 50% off somewhere I think. Can't remember where though...

#7889 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

OK, We've still got about 6 days left of new Daily Deals. What are the games that we usually expect to go on sale during a Steam sale which haven't appeared as a daily deal yet? So far I've got:

Fallout series
Dragon Age Orgies (appeared as a flash, but not a daily)
Maybe a few Paradox games. Hearts of Iron 3 or Crusader Kings, maybe.
Command & Conquer series

You can check this thread if you can't recall everything that has been a daily deal so far.
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=3032231

Trine Franchise, have been waiting for it to go 75% to get the dlc.

#7890 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

DMC4
Trine
3D Mark Vantage-LOL