Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8191 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Farcry 2 is pretty terrible, but for 3$ it might be worth it.

Its a lot of missed opportunities, specifically on the no wildlife, no stealth at all.

Its a very pretty game, but it falls very short on substance, especially if youve played any current games recently.

Pretty sure the realism mod fixes the stealth quite a bit.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8192 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Far Cry 2 is very worth it. I wrote this on the Amazon thread awhile ago.

"It gets way more flak than it deserves. I read all those complaints too and so many of them are just petty nonsense. A big complaint was having to heal yourself (pull a bullet of your leg, shrapnel, etc) mid-battle when you hit critical health, but I think it's a really neat feature that keeps you alive.

Agreed.

Another complaint was having to pop malaria pills every once in awhile, and I can tell you that it's once in a pretty long amount of time and takes a whopping 4 seconds.

I also never had a problem w/ the malaria component/mechanic, either.
Then again, I never really had a problem w/ the spirit-meter in NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer, either. ;)

The only complaints I do understand are (like you said) the respawning enemy checkpoints. Those can be annoying on high difficulties, because on high difficulty, enemies are DANGEROUS. That said, realistically I do think enemies would send new forces out to wiped out checkpoints. As quickly as FC2 does? Probably not, but oh well. I play this game when I'm up for a serious challenge (I play on Notorious difficulty), meaning a few bullets can take me down, while the same goes for my enemies. It's ing hard, but when I'm in the mood for a hard, fulfilling game with a crazy level of immersion, It's awesome.

As for missions repeating... I don't know. I suppose the game can get repetitive, but what game doesn't?

I thought a lot of the side missions of "wiping out safe-houses" & "wiping out outposts" often felt like cut & paste jobs w/ little variation to them. THIS was one of my biggest FC2 complaints - i.e. exactly how I felt about AC1 w/ the way it did side-questing.

FC2 was in a poor state, when I bought it (i.e. not too long after its original release). It was buggy-as-hell out-the-box w/ some broken quests (think like Boiling Point: Road To Hell) and poor performance on my old rig - and took Patch 1.03 to overhaul most of those concerns I had w/ the game. Patch 1.03 fixed a lot of the "Save corruption" and "broken quest" issues, BTW.

Spoiler

Though, I will say this - yes, Main Quest stuff was very good.

All in all, I think it's an amazing buy for the price ($2.50 or $1.50). When I was in a turret in the back of a truck, laying down fire through the trees and suddenly noticed that I was shooting massive limbs off the trees and clearing a shooting lane, I was sold. There's a lot of work put into that game, and it shows.

FC1 and FC2 are absolute steals at those prices.

(Oh, and the multiplayer servers are still going strong. Can be good fun, and there's a level editor program packed with the game. SO many custom levels online, you wouldn't believe it.)"

Funny - I never touched the MP.

Last time I played online, there were a lot of people playing, and a lot of dedicated servers. The map making community seems to be pretty damn active and the stuff they create is pretty impressive.

Also, be sure to grab these two mods before you start playing. The game is much better with both of them.

Realism Mod
Graphics Mod

Thanks for ALL of that info. :D

#8193 Miracleman

Miracleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

So Civilization V GOTY is missing these, right?

http://store.steampo....com/sub/11092/
http://store.steampo....com/app/16870/

Is there a newer, more complete version on the horizon?

#8194 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Farcry 2 is pretty terrible, but for 3$ it might be worth it.

Its a lot of missed opportunities, specifically on the no wildlife, no stealth at all.

Its a very pretty game, but it falls very short on substance, especially if youve played any current games recently.

There is wildlife; I remember seeing Zebras, antelope, and bison for example. No lions, though.

Yep my thoughts exactly, Far Cry 2 was alright for an hour then just got bored.

In my experiance, I wasn't that into it at the beginning, but it got way more fun after a couple of hours when I understood how everything worked.

#8195 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

So Civilization V GOTY is missing these, right?

http://store.steampo....com/sub/11092/
http://store.steampo....com/app/16870/

Is there a newer, more complete version on the horizon?

Is it really missing the Korea expansion? I guess I should buy it. Thanks!

#8196 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Far Cry 2 was $1.49 on Amazon during the publisher coupon promotion, by the way. Otherwise it's really not going any lower than $2.50.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8197 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Far Cry 2 was $1.49 on Amazon during the publisher coupon promotion, by the way. Otherwise it's really not going any lower than $2.50.

Can't go wrong w/ either of those prices for that.

#8198 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Is it really missing the Korea expansion? I guess I should buy it. Thanks!

The Civ 5 GOTY is missing two DLCs - the Korea DLC and the Ancient Wonders DLC. 2K was thoughtful enough to make a bundle of the two for completists:

(steam URL)/sub/11092/

You save a few cents off buying them individually.

(Sorry seems I can't post links)

#8199 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

About 30 minutes left and I haven't voted yet. Not surprising because I already own all 3 choices.

Since it obviously doesn't matter to me, I throw it out to you guys. First person to tell what to vote for shall get their wish.

The Civ 5 GOTY is missing two DLCs - the Korea DLC and the Ancient Wonders DLC. 2K was thoughtful enough to make a bundle of the two for completists:

(steam URL)/sub/11092/

You save a few cents off buying them individually.

(Sorry seems I can't post links)

Looks like the link was posted on the last page. Here it is again: http://store.steampo....com/sub/11092/

You know, if 2k was really thoughtful, they would have included that with the GOTY.

Edited by The End, 31 December 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#8200 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

About 30 minutes left and I haven't voted yet. Not surprising because I already own all 3 choices.

Since it obviously doesn't matter to me, I throw it out to you guys. First person to tell what to vote for shall get their wish.

Vote for Kingdoms of Amalur!

Spoiler

#8201 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Vote for Kingdoms of Amalur!

Spoiler

You only get one choice. Kingdoms of Amalur it is then.

#8202 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Right I haven't voted either, voting Quake because I can.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#8203 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Binding of isaac + wrath of the lamb
Spoiler

legend of grimrock
Spoiler

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#8204 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

legend of grimrock

Spoiler

Lurked

#8205 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

Spoiler

legend of grimrock
Spoiler

Smashing good show, ol' chap.

Actually, I already own them both. But with a drop like that, I figure that you deserve to get thanked by somebody. And it doesn't look like the lurkers who grabbed them are going to do it.

#8206 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

legend of grimrock

Spoiler

lurked. poop.

#8207 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Spoiler

legend of grimrock
Spoiler

i'll thank you too
those are two mighty fine games
so
thank you

#8208 jefexp

jefexp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

Caved and bought Far Cry 3 on amazon. That extra 10 for it to just log my hours on steam isn't worth it lol and that money could be used on another potential buy.

#8209 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Wasn't The Secret World one of the Flash Deals or Featured Deals during the summer sale ? Been wanting to pick it up now that the Sub fee is gone but I would rather pick it up on Steam instead of through Amazon next month.
Posted Image

#8210 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Wasn't The Secret World one of the Flash Deals or Featured Deals during the summer sale ? Been wanting to pick it up now that the Sub fee is gone but I would rather pick it up on Steam instead of through Amazon next month.

In before someone says you don't need it on Steam bla bla bla

But I feel the same.

#8211 dopehat

dopehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

Here's Binding of Isaac + DLC 5FJHZ-V3QXV-RP7VI
And here's Cave Story+ HPH4M-HMWL3-DG2A2

Oh and Sleeping Lights On check yer message box

#8212 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Caved and bought Far Cry 3 on amazon. That extra 10 for it to just log my hours on steam isn't worth it lol and that money could be used on another potential buy.

UPlay also keeps track of your playing time; but I do understand the STEAM tracking part.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#8213 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

You don't need it on Steam bla bla bla

bZ2g3eF.png

#8214 Dravo

Dravo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Thanks
Grabbed Isaac

Here's Binding of Isaac + DLC 5FJHZ-V3QXV-RP7VI
And here's Cave Story+ HPH4M-HMWL3-DG2A2

Oh and Sleeping Lights On check yer message box

#8215 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

In before someone says you don't need it on Steam bla bla bla

But I feel the same.

Fact is I am fairly sure that I have bought games that I don't remember. Too much to keep track of to not have it in a unified client.

I have enough databases and lists to manage for work .. don't want to have to do it for my hobby as well :headache:
Posted Image

#8216 jefexp

jefexp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Fact is I am fairly sure that I have bought games that I don't remember. Too much to keep track of to not have it in a unified client.

I have enough databases and lists to manage for work .. don't want to have to do it for my hobby as well :headache:

I feel the same way...but I guess it isn't too bad since I also have AC3 on Uplay. It's just annoying to me that these other companies try to compete with Steam but hey, it's inevitable. Too many damn clients!!

#8217 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

In before someone says add it as a non-Steam game and stop bitching.

bZ2g3eF.png

#8218 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

As long as we are on the topic of I want it on Steam so I can log my hours and its part of my "collection."
How can I get rid of this deep want for this. I could save vast amounts of money if I could get rid of this neurosis. HALP ME.
Adding games to steam as non-steam is not an option.
I bought The Secret World for full retail and AGAIN for 50% just because of this.

#8219 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

You don't need it on Steam bla bla bla

Nobody needs any game on steam, well except for the steamworks ones. It's just nice to have.

#8220 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

As long as we are on the topic of I want it on Steam so I can log my hours and its part of my "collection."
How can I get rid of this deep want for this. I could save vast amounts of money if I could get rid of this neurosis. HALP ME.
Adding games to steam as non-steam is not an option.

Just get used to using 3 clients: STEAM, Origin, UPlay. They work pretty good.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/