Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8251 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Worst Steam sale ever, bar none. Nobody tell me it's because I own everything because I don't. If you don't objectively see how this has been the worst major Steam sale to date then you haven't been following the past sales for the last few years.

don't worry
its my first steam sale (not counting the fall one which was actually better I think)
and this is pretty awful
the repeats are getting absurd
and it is insanely weighted towards strategy games

#8252 Hellacious

Hellacious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

I am glad that I am not the only one going crazy that its just Quake 1 that's on sale for 75% off and not the Collection. I'd buy the Quake Collection for $7.49 but definitely not the original game for $2.49.

#8253 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

The only thing I'm hoping for is that Killing Floor goes back on 75% off and the DLC stays at 75% so I can finally buy the last few ones I need.

#8254 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

Anyone else voting for Dota 2?

While I don't care much for Dota 2 or the way it's being handled right now, I voted for it anyway. Wasn't it only 50% off as a (bi)daily deal a few days ago?

#8255 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

I am glad that I am not the only one going crazy that its just Quake 1 that's on sale for 75% off and not the Collection. I'd buy the Quake Collection for $7.49 but definitely not the original game for $2.49.

i'm not surprised
i was planning on picking up mass effect 1 and 2 for $10 and they were dicks (i know i missed it earlier)

#8256 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

I mean... I held out hope that they would start putting in some new games the next few days but I don't see it. My guess is the next five or so days are just going to be games that have already been put up for sale. I'm thinking they've cycled through everything by now but I'm sure that's not the case so you'll see stuff like... Gianna Sisters as a daily and uh... KOTOR as a flash, etc. Probably also have dailies for Snapshot and Closure, too.

#8257 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Cool people vote for Portal 2.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8258 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

In before Motoki and/or Mooby publicly threaten to ignore people-

Oh, too late. :cry:

Don't start. We just become BFFs and now you want to ruin the honeymoon? I'm hurt.

But seriously. If I want game X in Steam for whatever reasons that's my own god damned business and I don't care if other people don't like it or think it makes no sense. It's my money to spend or not spend how I want.

I'm not sure why this issue bugs some people so much.I don't try to tell other people where they should buy their games so it would be kind of nice to have the same respect.

#8259 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

OK, so what's with two (yes, 2) Toys R Us threads being stickied at the top of the "Video Game Deal" forum, and the Steam Thread not?? Those 2 threads together only get 19,679 views, while this one thread gets 351,669 and that's damn near just 2 weeks after having started (V6 roll-over) and with one of the biggest sales of the year currently going specific to that thread. wtf? What determines which threads get stickied?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#8260 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

While I don't care much for Dota 2 or the way it's being handled right now, I voted for it anyway. Wasn't it only 50% off as a (bi)daily deal a few days ago?

isn't it supposed to be free to play?

#8261 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

wow they really did just put Quake on sale and nothing else from it, wtf Steam

Damned funny though, kind of sums up the whole sale so far... :rofl:

#8262 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

yeah
i'm cool

#8263 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Just hold tight. I guarantee that it's a glitch. There's just no way that they decided to only have the first game on sale for 75% off.

They'll have it fixed soon.

#8264 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Don't start. We just become BFFs and now you want to ruin the honeymoon? I'm hurt.

BFFs? I thought we were married!

But seriously. If I want game X in Steam for whatever reasons that's my own god damned business and I don't care if other people don't like it or think it makes no sense. It's my money to spend or not spend how I want.

I'm not sure why this issue bugs some people so much.I don't try to tell other people where they should buy their games so it would be kind of nice to have the same respect.

I thought we were talking in hypotheticals all this time. :lol:

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8265 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Worst Steam sale ever, bar none. Nobody tell me it's because I own everything because I don't. If you don't objectively see how this has been the worst major Steam sale to date then you haven't been following the past sales for the last few years. Fortunately Amazon, GMG, and GG (lulz) have provided alternatives this winter sale season.

I blame the economist. Seriously.

I'm just glad I got my publisher packs before they sucked.

And before I had everything. :-P

#8266 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

It will be when it is released.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Madden 15 (X1) - Next Week on YouTube: N/A

***Hardest Achievement in Super Time Force Made Easy***

This Weekend on Twitch:  N/A

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP  (FIXED)

#8267 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

i'm holding out hope for these last few days being better
i think its possible

#8268 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Not voting for anything. Silent protest. Can't imagine there are people without Dota 2 yet nor would I enable them to make the colossal mistake of paying for it. Portal 2 and Counterstrike Derp have been on sale a bajillion times already.

Also I'm bitter GMG ran out of Alpha BROtocol keys.

#8269 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

It is. That is the reason why I voted on it, I want to see how mindless the average steam user is and if this is going to get on top 10 selling titles. Now that would be funny,:bouncy:

#8270 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

You bet your ass they do. Look how cool I am. Just watch me vote for it. You watching? You better be. Here I go! Wait I don't think you're watching . . .

#8271 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Portal 2 and Counterstrike Derp have been on sale a bajillion times already.

But not a bajillion and one.

bZ2g3eF.png

#8272 Drakey

Drakey

Egg and Ham?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

i voted for dota 2 cause they pissed me off by only discounting quake & not the lot of quake games

#8273 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

I blame the economist.

i'm an entry-level economist
and you are probably right
but it should also mean that the sales will be way better the last couple days
(get people to buy stuff that are holding out while getting as much as you can out of everyone else in the beginning)

#8274 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

If you guys keep bitching about how shitty this sale is, they will start charging us to add mods to our games.......

In before their economist reads this thread and takes that idea and runs with it....
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#8275 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Not only is DOTA2 soon (Valve time) to be f2p but some site is just giving away 10k keys to it.

#8276 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Who doesn't have it already?!??! I think I have gotten like... five gift copies of it. Some people have gotten dozens to give away.

#8277 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

When will Portal 2 be free. or at least like $2

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#8278 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

It is. That is the reason why I voted on it, I want to see how mindless the average steam user is and if this is going to get on top 10 selling titles. Now that would be funny,:bouncy:

No more funny than the people buying the Farcry package when the ala carte woulda saved them 7 bucks.

P.S. I don't have DOTA 2... but I figured with all those euro/pacific keys I saw on Steamgifts I'd vote for it for others :-)

#8279 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Who doesn't have it already?!??! I think I have gotten like... five gift copies of it. Some people have gotten dozens to give away.

I don't have it, but I don't want it either.

#8280 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Wasn't DOTA2 a flash or daily sale earlier for only 50% off? And now they're offering it as a potential 75% off in a user choice sale?