Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8671 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Actually, I take back my plans to get HA Gold. I'll bite on the base game so I can get the TF2 team on my phone, but there's a sale going on teams on the app too, so I can just get shaolin for $1 there and keep not caring about the dwarves.

#8672 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

You got it from Steam or Amazon? Because in Amazon was 9.99 indeed but didn't include the DLC.

It was Steam.

Posted Image

TyranitarJr.png

#8673 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Is the "Alan Wake Franchise" worth it? 10$.

yes

#8674 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Eh, there have already been a ton of indie games on daily and flash.

Yeah, all the indie games we see everywhere. I'm talking about the ones that no one seems to ever have on sale like SW: Battlefront 2 or Hinterland These sorts of titles are what flash sales should be used for, not Chivalry or Mirror's Edge for the 3rd time.

fs_overall.png

#8675 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

same old same old games on sale

#8676 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

It was Steam.

Posted Image

Thanks for the information. Then I'll wait for another pricedrop or glitch :lol:

#8677 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Yeah, all the indie games we see everywhere. I'm talking about the ones that no one seems to ever have on sale like SW: Battlefront 2 or Hinterland These sorts of titles are what flash sales should be used for, not Chivalry or Mirror's Edge for the 3rd time.

i did not realize battlefront 2 was on steam
i want

#8678 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

I'm still waiting for Sid Meier's Pirates to hit 75% off.

Has anyone played the Age of Wonders games? I ran across them while looking at Age of Empires III although right now they are only 50% off.

Also, I read a few comments on Kohan games but wasn't sure if they were serious or not. Good games for $5.00 (Warchest package)?

#8679 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Well that was weird. I bought the Hero Academy 2-pk and Steam told me I had 3 extra copies of Guns Of Icarus to give away. They're not in my inventory though—the extra HA is.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#8680 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

YES!

As you can probably tell from my sig, it's my all time favorite game. :)

I have a copy I'll sell ya for $8.00 Paypal if you're still interested - just PM me.

Everyone should play the AW games.

Is the "Alan Wake Franchise" worth it? 10$.

#8681 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

YES!

As you can probably tell from my sig, it's my all time favorite game. :)

Everyone should play the AW games.

this statement is truthful

#8682 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Has anyone played the Age of Wonders games? I ran across them while looking at Age of Empires III although right now they are only 50% off.

I've only played the first one. It's sort of like Master of Magic (if you ever played that - if not, it's kind of like a turn based strategy game with RPG elements - your hero levels up and so do units, you can take some units and items from scenario to scenario), only with preset scenarios/campaigns instead of random maps. It's decent, but I loved loved loved Master of Magic and I could never really get into Age of Wonders.

Workin on it

#8683 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Okay so I've got super annoyed at owning a lot of games on Steam and having to click each one to find out if I own it or not :)

So I'm writing a Greasemonkey / Ninjakit script that fixes that and a few other issues I have with Steam.

Search:
Posted Image

Works with bundles:
Posted Image

Works on sales pages:
Posted Image

Works on category pages:
Posted Image

Finally, it'll "fix" the "No Image Available" for some games in the wishlist:
Posted Image

If anyone is interested in a copy of the script PM me. It's kind of in "beta" at the moment so make sure you at least have Greasemonkey (Firefox) or NinjaKit (Chrome) installed.

#8684 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

This = Awesomeness. :)

Okay so I've got super annoyed at owning a lot of games on Steam and having to click each one to find out if I own it or not :)

So I'm writing a Greasemonkey / Ninjakit script that fixes that and a few other issues I have with Steam.

If anyone is interested in a copy of the script PM me. It's kind of in "beta" at the moment so make sure you at least have Greasemonkey (Firefox) or NinjaKit (Chrome) installed.

#8685 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

*snip*

That is a fair bit of awesome. PM sent...

#8686 mig0

mig0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

i'm curious as to how the holiday spirit is unlocked. I haven't seen any deals/games that interest me so I haven't unlocked the pays for itself cheev yet.

#8687 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Spoiler

I've never actually had a problem keeping track of which games that I own. So I guess I don't need this. Though I applaud your efforts. Looks pretty awesome.

Also, on an unrelated note. I know I'm pretty late to the party on this, but LOL @ DOTA 2 winning the vote.

#8688 Angelwatch

Angelwatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Not sure if I want FEAR 3 or not. I liked the first but really didn't care for the 2nd. Even though it's only $5, I'm still not sure I want it.

#8689 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

My girlfriend used to play WoW and is a Diablo fan and such. Do you think TSW is a game I should consider getting for the 2 of us?

I've heard it's pretty good and Amazon is running another sale on it in January. Plus, it's BTP and the microtrans (if there are any) are minimal.

But if you are willing to spend more, GW2 is the consensus leader of the new MMOs. Reportedly, they've lessened the grind and the quests have more diversity. It's BTP too, which is nice although the lowest I've seen is $30.

But since I'm cheap and was very comfortable with WoW mechanics, I have been sticking with TOR since November. I started off FTP but upgraded to the next tier with a Cartel Coin purchase, mostly for the sprint and 1st bank tab ($5 plus they don't cost coins, so you can upgrade something else).

So far I've hit around 40 on a 50 level cap (soon to be increased) and had a great time playing one of the most expensive games to develop. The biggest downside is the xp hit, which requires you to do every - and I mean every - quest plus some multi-player quests, instances, and multiplay to keep your leveling up through the content. But other than that, it's a great value and with a lot of patience you can get through all the good stuff without paying a cent. I do plan on bailing after I alt a couple 'cause end game sucks in general and is impossible without paying a $15 monthly subscription.

tl;dr - try TOR now to see if you like it, and if not maybe pick up TSW or GW2 on sale depending on your budget.

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#8690 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

I've heard it's pretty good and Amazon is running another sale on it in January. Plus, it's BTP and the microtrans (if there are any) are minimal.

But if you are willing to spend more, GW2 is the consensus leader of the new MMOs. Reportedly, they've lessened the grind and the quests have more diversity. It's BTP too, which is nice although the lowest I've seen is $30.

But since I'm cheap and was very comfortable with WoW mechanics, I have been sticking with TOR since November. I started off FTP but upgraded to the next tier with a Cartel Coin purchase, mostly for the sprint and 1st bank tab ($5 plus they don't cost coins, so you can upgrade something else).

So far I've hit around 40 on a 50 level cap (soon to be increased) and had a great time playing one of the most expensive games to develop. The biggest downside is the xp hit, which requires you to do every - and I mean every - quest plus some multi-player quests, instances, and multiplay to keep your leveling up through the content. But other than that, it's a great value and with a lot of patience you can get through all the good stuff without paying a cent. I do plan on bailing after I alt a couple 'cause end game sucks in general and is impossible without paying a $15 monthly subscription.

tl;dr - try TOR now to see if you like it, and if not maybe pick up TSW or GW2 on sale depending on your budget.

I'm curious about TOR after playing through KOTOR 1/2 (1 for the first time and 2 for the second). How large is it and if you've played and enjoyed KOTOR1/2 did it add to/lessen their appeal by virtue of essentially being KOTOR3?

#8691 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Not sure if I want FEAR 3 or not. I liked the first but really didn't care for the 2nd. Even though it's only $5, I'm still not sure I want it.

Fear 3 is even worse than Fear 2. They should have stopped after the first one.

#8692 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Fear 3 is even worse than Fear 2.

Yep.

They should have stopped after the first one.

Loved FEAR 1; liked FEAR 2; FEAR 3 was just "okay."

Y'all are better off w/ Darkness 2 than say FEAR 2 & 3.

#8693 Drizzt

Drizzt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

It's not a very good or exciting game. Every time it starts amping up the tension, it fizzles away, and reverts back to a generic shoot and take cover FPS action game. I loved the first game, found some things to like about the second, but absolutely hated the third. Only get it if you absolutely have nothing else to play and feel like punishing yourself for anywhere around 5-10 hours worth of game time (I was slow so it took me 10).

#8694 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

I'm curious about TOR after playing through KOTOR 1/2 (1 for the first time and 2 for the second). How large is it and if you've played and enjoyed KOTOR1/2 did it add to/lessen their appeal by virtue of essentially being KOTOR3?

Ok, I could talk about TOR all day but don't want to clog up the Steam thread on a non-Steam game. So spoiler time!

Spoiler

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#8695 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Loved FEAR 1; liked FEAR 2; FEAR 3 was just "okay."

I liked FEAR 3 apparently more than others, but I agree with your ordering. I will add that I enjoyed FEAR 3 much more than Perseus Mandate.

#8696 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Y'all are better off w/ Darkness 2 than say FEAR 2 & 3.

While I completely agree with this, FEAR 3 is a pretty fun co-op game with a buddy. The ghost thing is interesting enough to carry it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#8697 Angelwatch

Angelwatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Thanks. Sounds like I will pass on fear 3. Maybe when it hits 99 cents. Maybe...

#8698 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Ok, I could talk about TOR all day but don't want to clog up the Steam thread on a non-Steam game. So spoiler time!

Spoiler

Wanting to clarify, by size I meant HDD space. However you have convinced me to try it sometime, whether it's now or later determines on my backlog and how large of a download it is.

#8699 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Getting a lot of PMs about my Enhanced Steam script. If I don't reply to your PM right away, it's because I'm helping someone else at the moment lol

#8700 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Wanting to clarify, by size I meant HDD space. However you have convinced me to try it sometime, whether it's now or later determines on my backlog and how large of a download it is.

about 30 gigs iirc(i played back in december to january for a month, used the bounty hunter character, it was OK, but had lack of end game content. i regret not playing one of the more sequel storylines. i did the bounty hunter because i really like the voice actor(he was oghren from drage age origins, among other things)
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image