Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8971 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I go to sleep and wake up to.......

.....2 pages missed in this thread?! For shame! lol Guess everyone had a good NYE/NYD.

#8972 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Thanks, I have no idea why, but I find myself totally addicted to these codes haven't even really played the game for a month but still Pokemon these codes like some kind of weird key hoarder.

People here addicted to digital hoarding? No, that never happens. :lol:

I go to sleep and wake up to.......

.....2 pages missed in this thread?! For shame! lol Guess everyone had a good NYE/NYD.

#8973 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Worse? They are still good deals. Better than MSRP, and better than their normal non sale prices.

You want our sister site, "Happy With Any Discount Gamer"

#8974 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Rage discounted as Flash, but dlc not so much.

Also, Crysis Collection and Towns.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#8975 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Rage is at 75% now, which is a decent deal if I didn't already have it.

fs_overall.png

#8976 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Or, for the millionth time, it was put up on flash early and the discount didn't change over right away.

#8977 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Speaking of Rage, there's still lots of it in the Towns forum...

Or, for the millionth time, it was put up on flash early and the discount didn't change over right away.

Actually in this case the DLC is a very recent release and they aren't discounting it.

#8978 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Just an FYI for those considering RAGE, Newegg recently had it for $5 ($10 now w/ free shipping). That's where I got it and they shipped the Anarchy Edition with the pre-order DLC to myself and many others. The game code is Steam Redeemable.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832130250

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

#8979 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Just an FYI for those considering RAGE, Newegg recently had it for $5 ($10 now w/ free shipping). That's where I got it and they shipped the Anarchy Edition with the pre-order DLC to myself and many others. The game code is Steam Redeemable.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832130250

It's kind of Russian Roulette whether you get the Anarachy Edition from them or not (I didn't) so it's not 100% guaranteed but it does seem like a fair number of people got it.

#8980 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

If the dlc was discounted at all, I'd grab it immediately.

Same exact vote as a previous day, something has the chance to be on sale 4 times.

#8981 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Speaking of Rage, there's still lots of it in the Towns forum...

Actually in this case the DLC is a very recent release and they aren't discounting it.

Someone edited. They were complaining about the game being only half off, echoing the other 100 posts in this thread where someone is in a hurry to post the discounts and sees them before the flash is fully kicked in.

#8982 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the last 2. Didn't see them and just activated them.

Let me add one more BL2 Golden Key Code then:
5TWTT-3SJWC-5RB33-T3T3B-FZ5HK

Yes, that's 4 in the last 24 hours!

76561197971332172.png

#8983 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

It's kind of Russian Roulette whether you get the Anarachy Edition from them or not (I didn't) so it's not 100% guaranteed but it does seem like a fair number of people got it.

What was odd for me is that I received what looked like the standard game (from the case's appearance). However, the key activated all of the Anarchy edition bonuses. Plus, there was an insert with an additional key for the sewers missions (which I now have as an extra). Quite the surprise for me, indeed.

#8984 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

What was odd for me is that I received what looked like the standard game (from the case's appearance). However, the key activated all of the Anarchy edition bonuses. Plus, there was an insert with an additional key for the sewers missions (which I now have as an extra). Quite the surprise for me, indeed.

Yeah that was one of the outcomes. The other (which happened to me) is that it just activates as the regular Rage with no DLC, but I did still get the sewers insert, which I did activate.

I'm missing the "Authority Pack" DLC which is the anarchy stuff, a gun, car, outfit etc I believe.

Someone (Bridget Fisher I think?) contacted Newegg and the official response was that they received the packages all sealed from Bethesda and have no way of no knowing which ones activate with the extra DLC and which ones don't since the packages aren't marked with it being the Anarachy Edition, they're all just standard Rage boxes.

Probably Bethesda had some leftover Anarachy edition keys and boxed those up and then when they ran out just used regular ones.

#8985 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Doom Rails mistake sale for 74 cents ends in 2 1/2 hours.

This is the cheapest it has ever been and it probably will never go this cheap again since the sale seems to be coinciding with the Doom sales and in all likelihood was a mistake.

It's a fun little game and a bunch of us CAGers already have it and are planning a group play this Friday.

Last chance. 74 cents. LOWEST PRICE EVER. MISTAKE SALE. ;)

Game on!

#8986 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Remedy Entertainment, the developer for Alan Wake Franchise is indeed a great company that cares about its consumers. They extended the 90% off coupon for Death Rally to Jan 31st 2013 because it cannot be used during this winter sale. Good job Remedy. :applause:

Nice.

I emailed a complaint about the coupon a few days into the winter sale. I didn't get a reply, but it seems they listened to complaints.

#8987 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yeah that was one of the outcomes. The other (which happened to me) is that it just activates as the regular Rage with no DLC, but I did still get the sewers insert, which I did activate.

I'm missing the "Authority Pack" DLC which is the anarchy stuff, a gun, car, outfit etc I believe.

Someone (Bridget Fisher I think?) contacted Newegg and the official response was that they received the packages all sealed from Bethesda and have no way of no knowing which ones activate with the extra DLC and which ones don't since the packages aren't marked with it being the Anarachy Edition, they're all just standard Rage boxes.

Probably Bethesda had some leftover Anarachy edition keys and boxed those up and then when they ran out just used regular ones.

My copy did come labeled as Anarchy Edition on the spine and front cover, there was a double sided insert with a code for Sewers on one side, then Anarchy Edition Pack Code on the other. The base game code (label on dvd side of case) activated the game and anarchy extras in Steam. I gave the Anarchy Edition Code/Sewers Codes to asheskitty so she could upgrade her base game.

#8988 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Actually, I ordered around Black Friday and got an Anarchy Edition case. So there is also that outcome. I suppose I should open it and see if I have anything extra in there.

#8989 melvinmelon123

melvinmelon123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

How is Anna? I'm interested in it for a being a horror game, but the trailer didn't really do much for me.

#8990 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

You guys are terrible - why did I just buy Doom Rails?

#8991 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

You guys are terrible - why did I just buy Doom Rails?

Cause it was cheap.
Has anyone even played it any?

And a little useless, but if anyone wants any of the vote discounts just post cause I feel like I'm wasting my vote by note voting.

#8992 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

hitman absolution in hopes that the dlc will be discounted again

#8993 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Odds of They Bleed Pixels having a flash sale again?

#8994 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

All this talk of TSW has me intrigued... off to watch videos on Youtube!

#8995 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Quick! Age of Empires 3 pack! Yes or no?

#8996 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Quick! Age of Empires 3 pack! Yes or no?

If you missed the .10 deal at GFW a year or two ago, then yes. It's a good series. There's lots of content for $10. Having said that, it was the exact same price a year ago on Steam.

76561197971332172.png

#8997 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I want Crysis. The SecuRom bit is annoying, but for five bucks, that's a dollar an activation. I used to pay more to rent games from Blockbuster.

Edit: This is totally me trying to talk myself into it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#8998 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I've played an hour or so of The Secret World so far.

The combat is a bit clunky, admittedly (there's no default auto-attack button) but the setting is really, really cool. It's a nice change to play something that isn't fantasy or sci-fi. Being all real-worldy gives it something a little different.

#8999 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

If you missed the .10 deal at GFW a year or two ago, then yes. It's a good series. There's lots of content for $10. Having said that, it was the exact same price a year ago on Steam.

Hmm yea I have been eyeing it for a while (never knew about thay deal :( ) but the price hasn't dropped since last time which bothers me. Think I'll wait untill the next sale after all :-#

Think of the backlog... show some restraint... I can do it!

Same goes for the Alan Wake franchise btw. Everyone's super enthousiastic about it. But it also hasn't dropped since last sale. Maybe I'm tóó cheapass?

#9000 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

This might be old news but did anyone else notice that there are no more James Bond games on Steam?