Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10051 M_A_C

M_A_C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

Yea! Finally Little Inferno 50% off!

#10052 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

I'd get GuitarSmith, just need a guitar. Probably a pretty fun way to learn.

Also need a special cable as well...

#10053 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Grimrock won the community vote?? Wtf people, it was just in a HIB, and has been on sale like 3 times at 75%, jeez. Which I knew Recettear was a long shot, oh well.

#10054 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Grimrock won the community vote?? Wtf people, it was just in a HIB, and has been on sale like 3 times at 75%, jeez.

:rofl: :applause:

#10055 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

So RACE 07 for $1.20, yea or nay?

That title (and ONLY that title amongst all the SimBin games on steam) is cheaper in the US store ($0.89).

I don't know why, and I know it's only 30 cents, but I wouldn't buy it in AU/NZ on general principle. [-(

You can buy one of the packs that includes RACE 07 plus expansions (either RACE Injection or RACE ON Bundle) but then you're looking at over $5.

Personally I'm tempted to buy the whole collection for $23, I mean when you think about it, in the long run, I'm really saving money...

#10056 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

Grimrock won the community vote?? Wtf people, it was just in a HIB, and has been on sale like 3 times at 75%, jeez. Which I knew Recettear was a long shot, oh well.

It's a shame, Recettear is pretty great. At least it's still half off.

#10057 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, Recettear was the only one that was a good choice. Grimrock was part of HIB and Krator is already 75% off if you buy the 2 pack. I swear the general steam users are all morons. There must be some reason why a full cost retail game like far cry is still in the top 20. It can't be because of CAGs.

#10058 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Picked up Gamemaker Studio: Standard while it was on the flash sale. Pro's ability add various output plugins is nice for growth, but just being able to output to Windows is a good start. If I end up really liking the software and wanting more export options, I won't consider the $17 a large loss if I need to rebuy Pro and a plugin or two some day.

Also picked up RPG Maker VX Ace earlier in the sale; these software deals have actually been some of the most exciting deals on Steam this year for me.

Describes my software shopping as well for this sale. =D

Was able to grab Hotline Miami last night, as well as Indigo Prophecy on GoG after reading people discussing it in the thread.

And tonight I've caught up with all the posts again! Woo! Just in time for people to list their hauls. I'll throw my list together Saturday.

#10059 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Looking for some RPGs or cheap games. Any recommendations on Sacred 2 Gold or Drakensang?

I absolutely adore Sacred 2. The character customization is incredible. If you enjoy slaughtering things for loot without a care for the story, it really is a great game.

#10060 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

Yeah, Recettear was the only one that was a good choice. Grimrock was part of HIB and Krator is already 75% off if you buy the 2 pack. I swear the general steam users are all morons. There must be some reason why a full cost retail game like far cry is still in the top 20. It can't be because of CAGs.

Co-signed. Also voted for Recettear because that would have been a price I could have gifted to my friends who don't own it already.
Posted Image

#10061 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

The fact that Spec Ops has already created so much discussion here says to me that it was successful in its aim. It would be the most recent game I'd add to my "games as art" argument if I were to ever make one on account of the way it engages the player in terms of choice and player agency and how it reflects on the medium as a whole.

As far as a pure game experience goes, very meh. It's a little short (though with the backlog, a game I can run through in 1 to 2 sittings is actually a plus in my book), ran through story on normal mode in about 4 and a half hours I think it was (a bit longer than actually logged I think due to a lot of deaths later on probably so let's say 5 and a half), but it's a pretty standard third person cover shooter. There's nothing really new or interesting from a gameplay perspective and actually a fair few annoyances, such as vault and melee being the same button drove me nuts on more than one occasion.

That being said, I put it in the same category as the likes of Killer 7 where the gameplay is mediocre (ok pretty bad actually in Killer 7's case) but the experience of the whole package is something I'd put on my must play list for anyone. 2.50 with the Amazon coupon is a no brainer... I failed as a CAG and got it for the 10.14 Steam put it on sale for since I had no use for more Bioshock. Still, I feel it was well worth the money and plan to bug any friends yet to play it to pick it up.

#10062 redfusion

redfusion

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

75% off is the most a game will go on sale right?

#10063 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

75% off is the most a game will go on sale right?

Err... Tropico 4 is a daily deal.

#10064 redfusion

redfusion

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

I didn't see that cause i'm blind.

#10065 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

That being said, I put it in the same category as the likes of Killer 7 where the gameplay is mediocre (ok pretty bad actually in Killer 7's case) but the experience of the whole package is something I'd put on my must play list for anyone. 2.50 with the Amazon coupon is a no brainer.

I agree gameplay is meh but the setting and story the devs have portrayed is like wtfffffffff. and at the end of the game I actually felt something for the main character they did an amazing job portraying the other side of war. I left the game saying wtf..... not in a bad way.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#10066 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

And tonight I've caught up with all the posts again!

Wanted to do that...but fuhgeddaboudit.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#10067 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

I think Sanctum might be one of the upcoming Flash deals. I just got a pop-up from the Sanctum group (which I am a member of) that there was a new announcement on their blog about the development of Sanctum 2. While they were at it, they pointed out that Sanctum was now on sale for 66% off.

I've actually been keeping my eye on sanctum because I wanted to pick up the #2 Map pack DLC. I'm pretty sure that it's only been 50% off for the duration of the sale. Unfortunately, the DLC is still only 50% off, so I'm gonna have to continue waiting if this really what's coming in 80 minutes.

Should've just picked up that darn DLC during the Thanksgiving sale when it was 75% off. :(

#10068 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

And tonight I've caught up with all the posts again! Woo! Just in time for people to list their hauls. I'll throw my list together Saturday.

Man, I was just figuring out what I've spent this year, and I see what the real scheme is now - all these stores spread out the spending, and before you know it, that's a lot of dough. I was buying from Steam, GOG, GMG, GG, XBLA, PSN, iTunes, bundles, kickstarter...oof. I need to just play some games now. And my backlog is at least 70 items richer now, so hopefully I can at least sort through it and pick something to play before Summer Sale starts...

(Worst part is, I'm not even done yet. If nothing else, I still have to ditch some of these blue coins... )

#10069 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

UGH. Can't believe I missed GM Studio Standard flash sale. :cry:

Maybe it'll happen again before the end of the sale, but it's really doubtful..

Shesh... :(

Describes my software shopping as well for this sale. =D

Was able to grab Hotline Miami last night, as well as Indigo Prophecy on GoG after reading people discussing it in the thread.

#10070 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

I am hoping they bring a lot of the sales back on the weekend, i am mad at myself that i missed out on the ys games.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#10071 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Alan Wake Collector's Edition is currently $4.38 at Gamersgate. Another price mistake, perhaps? That's lower than it's ever been on Steam IIRC. It's Steamworks, by the way.

http://www.gamersgat...lectors-edition

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10072 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Alan Wake Collector's Edition is currently $4.38 at Gamersgate. Another price mistake, perhaps? That's lower than it's ever been on Steam IIRC. It's Steamworks, by the way.

Bought. Thanks for the head's up.

Now to wait for my damn key.

#10073 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Bought. That's for sure a price mistake. It costs less than either normal version of Alan Wake or Collectors Edition upgrade.

I feel quite bad after buying it, because I'm still waiting for the rest of key from Bethesda packs, but my CAG instinct forced me to do this.

#10074 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

At this point, it's their own damn fault and I will not feel bad. If they haven't gotten their shit together by now, then I'm going to take full advantage of their mistakes.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10075 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

So what was up with the 55 hour timer for CSgo at 25% yesterday morning? I was hoping SS3 would go on sale out of that, but the timer glitched and it stuck at CSGO, did any of the 3 games that were SUPPOSED to go on sale after CSgo, go on sale?

#10076 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

SS3 went on -85% sale and it was featured normally as community choice sale, at least for me.

#10077 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Bought. That's for sure a price mistake. It costs less than either normal version of Alan Wake or Collectors Edition upgrade.

Ha, I hadn't even noticed that. It's currently 50% off ($14.98) for the regular edition and the CE upgrade is also 50% off @ $5. Clearly a price mistake. Looks like they applied the 50% discount 3 times.

Thanks to their continued ineptness, & some leftover Blue coins & the double IAMANELDERGEEK promo, I was able to pick it up for $1.90 out of pocket. :)

#10078 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

I've tried four times to purchase via mobile but Paypal is having a hissyfit. I've still got the "orders" marked as pending - when do they expire?

#10079 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

And it's gone.

edit. activated, I was worried ..

#10080 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Good thing I bought 48 copies! Selling them for $15 bucks a pop!

Flash Deals:
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 - $7.49
Ace of Spades - $4.99
Symphony - $3.39

453605.png
TheTsel.png