Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10081 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

At this point... with probably one day of new deals left I suppose it's futile to tell myself it'll get better. Lol @ this new wave of flash deals. Too many repeats, too many indie bundle type games getting repeats, not enough dailies, etc.

#10082 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

I want Fallout ...

#10083 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

And with that, I am out. Goodnight folks! See you in the morning for the last set of new deals repeats!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10084 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Pretty amazed New Vegas won't show up as a featured sale. I guess Bethesderp decided they moved enough units of that.

#10085 MKScorpion

MKScorpion

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

lol at me for staying up until 2. :-|

#10086 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

And it's gone.

edit. activated, I was worried ..

Yeah, I activated my key too. I usually like to wait until I'm just about to play a game to add it to my library. But with Gamersgate glitch prices, I don't dare wait. Gotta activate it ASAP.

Oh and I guess I was wrong about Sanctum. I'm probably the only guy here who would welcome a flash deal on Sanctum. But it'll be on sale again sometime over the next 2 months.

lol at me for staying up until 2. :-|

Your Avatar seems pretty appropriate for your post. lol

Edited by The End, 04 January 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#10087 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

SS3 went on -85% sale and it was featured normally as community choice sale, at least for me.

UGH :(

I went to sleep when the timer still said 55 hours.

:-#

#10088 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Ace of Spades looks like fun - anyone played it?

#10089 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Ace of Spades looks like fun - anyone played it?

Pass. Look at the steam forums and metacritic, It's been ages since I have seen a game reviewed as harshly as that. Not even more then a handful of defenders. >.>
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#10090 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

So I read that Left for Dead 2 has all the maps and scenarios of Left for Dead 1 so LFD1 isn't needed anymore (why do they even sell it?), but I was wondering does it have the voices in the single player scenario?

I thought I read that somewhere so wanted to confirm if that was the difference between the two and the only benefit if you were to play it single player.

#10091 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Finally got hold of Alan Wake from GamersGate. Hope they don't refund it before I get home and activate the key.

Don't see why I'm so bothered, today is all about DOOM RAILS.

DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS

#10092 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Sad that Puzzle Quest 2 did not go on sale on that Autumn sale nor the Winter sale.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#10093 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hey, at least this time it's the Left 4 Dead bundle for sale instead of the Left 4 Dead franchise. That's new, right?

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#10094 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Finally got hold of Alan Wake from GamersGate. Hope they don't refund it before I get home and activate the key.

Don't see why I'm so bothered, today is all about DOOM RAILS.

DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS

I've been gone a few days.

What is Doom Rails and why exactly has Motoki thrust it upon me?

#10095 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

I've been gone a few days.

What is Doom Rails and why exactly has Motoki thrust it upon me?

1) it's a surprise!
2) because you were chosen.

DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS

#10096 slowpc

slowpc

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

So .... last day of deals :(

#10097 AutoXman

AutoXman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Man I wanted Recettear to be 75% off. Might just buy it at 50%

#10098 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Long time lurker, first time post. That posting delay has kept me quiet these last few days ;) Howdy folks!

The lack of Recettear at 75% off did make me sad. Was planning to pick that up for myself and the fiance. Right now, I'm hoping for Fallout 3 GOTY, Sacred Franchise and King's Bounty Platinum... Would also love a 75% off Chaos Edition BB and Dungeonbowl. Of Orcs and Men also looks quite intriguing. This Steam sale is eating me alive.

#10099 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Long time lurker, first time post. That posting delay has kept me quiet these last few days ;) Howdy folks!

The lack of Recettear at 75% off did make me sad. Was planning to pick that up for myself and the fiance. Right now, I'm hoping for Fallout 3 GOTY, Sacred Franchise and King's Bounty Platinum... Would also love a 75% off Chaos Edition BB and Dungeonbowl. Of Orcs and Men also looks quite intriguing. This Steam sale is eating me alive.

Welcome to the thread! There's coffee and biscuits on a table at the back.

I think we had Recettear at 75% a few days ago, Carpe Fulgur had a flash deal which advertised Fortune Summoners, but also had Recettear and Chantellise. You might have to wait for this to crop up again.

I'd be as surprised as any if we didn't see a Fallout franchise sale today but something doesn't seem right. If we've had numerous re-runs on flash deals and dailies, why haven't we seen any Fallout action? Very odd.

As for Kings Bounty, you can probably find keys for the first 2-3 games in the Steam Trading thread. It's popped up in Indie Gala bundles before, you shouldn't have to pay more than $1-2 for a key. Be patient. (You might also find a Fallout seller there, too)

Edit:

DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS
DOOM RAILS

Edited by Flowette, 04 January 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#10100 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I was interested in King's Bounty too (You can get Platinum on Amazon for ~8/9$ right now. Though not steam versions)

I tried the demo of Armored Princess and liked it a lot. So I just bought the first one to see if I even like them by the time I finish the first. May be wise to do the same, unless you've played the original games, the remake for PS2 or like HOM&M

I'm so sad I missed SS3, that was probably the last chance to get it for 6$.

Does Community choice count as a flash sale? I would assume yes.?
So no chance of MP3 PM on amazon if it won.

#10101 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

And suddenly, you've missed 200 pages.

#10102 slowpc

slowpc

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Been happy with my collection. Think I have added around 75 titles this holiday season that I will prob. play. Will have to see what today's last day adds.

#10103 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

And suddenly, you've missed 200 pages.

Yeah, this thread can be like that sometimes.

#10104 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

So .... last day of deals :(

Still waiting on the first.8-)

#10105 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Is Symphony worth it for the price or should I wait for that inevitable 75% off sale?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10106 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

So, as someone who does not really have that much games, does anyone actually reccomend any of the publisher packs?

Edit: The Ubisoft pack interests me, but wtf, no Farcry 3?

#10107 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

So, as someone who does not really have that much games, does anyone actually reccomend any of the publisher packs?

Edit: The Ubisoft pack interests me, but wtf, no Farcry 3?

If you don't have any THQ stuff the THQ pack for $24.99 is pretty excellent now that their Humble Bundle is over.

#10108 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

The lack of Recettear at 75% off did make me sad. Was planning to pick that up for myself and the fiance. Right now, I'm hoping for Fallout 3 GOTY.

Yeah, I was a little sad about that too. It was the only game this sale that I really wanted. The rest of them were just back ups or cheap bundles that I couldn't ignore.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#10109 AutoXman

AutoXman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yeah, I was a little sad about that too. It was the only game this sale that I really wanted. The rest of them were just back ups or cheap bundles that I couldn't ignore.

Hah me too it was my #1, bummed to see Flowette said it did hit 75% on a flash sale i missed.

I think I might bite at 50% off though.

#10110 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, this thread can be like that sometimes.

Can't expect everyone to read every post do you?:roll:

Not everyone reads every single post or pays attention to things that aren't of their interest until it's of their interest you know.

Sure, I could've searched. But didn't think of it at the time. Most of the forums I visit sadly don't have a "Search this thread" feature ( I wish they did) so I don't stop to think about it a lot of the time.

So sue me.:hot: