Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10111 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

If you don't have any THQ stuff the THQ pack for $24.99 is pretty excellent now that their Humble Bundle is over.

Thankfully I did snag the Humble Bundle

#10112 Raptor25

Raptor25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Dead Space needs to be in the final Daily.. it was there as a community choice option but didn't win, can't believe a significant franchise would be in the community choice pool and never show up as a daily with 2 weeks of sales. I played 1 at release and never played 2, would like to cap off the sales by picking up the sequel with my last $5 of steam credit.

#10113 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

DOOOOOOOOOM time is bad for me. Sad.

#10114 Raptor25

Raptor25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Oh goody, another chance to buy Bioshock franchise for $10! Oh wait a second.. got that for free from Amazon.

Also Evochron Mercenary 75% $6.24, Babel Rising 50% $5.

#10115 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Community Vote
Terraria 66%
Torchlight II 50%
Giana Sisters : Twisted Dreams 66%

I voted Giana, personally. I already own them all but Giana lost the last vote it was in.

76561197971332172.png

#10116 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I missed TL2.... well... I said something snarky at the time cause I was hoping for 75% off.

FYI:

http://www.ign.com/a....tion-announced

#10117 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Also voted Giana, even tho I own it. More people need to have it in their collection.
Posted Image

#10118 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

I was sure Max Payne 3 voting was for 75% off not 50%....

#10119 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

FYI:
http://www.ign.com/a....tion-announced

I'm curious how it will be handled on Steam. I hope we'll have an option to get those dlc in addition to standard version of the games.

#10120 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I was sure Max Payne 3 voting was for 75% off not 50%....

It shows as 75% off for me
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#10121 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Long time lurker, first time post. That posting delay has kept me quiet these last few days ;) Howdy folks!

The lack of Recettear at 75% off did make me sad. Was planning to pick that up for myself and the fiance. Right now, I'm hoping for Fallout 3 GOTY, Sacred Franchise and King's Bounty Platinum... Would also love a 75% off Chaos Edition BB and Dungeonbowl. Of Orcs and Men also looks quite intriguing. This Steam sale is eating me alive.

I figured Recettear @ $5 was the lowest it was going to get...so that ended up being the only thing I've picked up this sale (next to X-Com from Amazon for $20)

#10122 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Also voted for Giana Sisters - although I don't think I'll buy it if it wins. It just looks... frustratingly difficult.

#10123 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Will Tomb Raider collection likely make a return in a future sale?

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#10124 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Bleh. Voted for Gianna Sisters as it looks interesting and I don't have it. Not excited about the new flash sale selection.

#10125 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Bleh. Voted for Gianna Sisters as it looks interesting and I don't have it. Not excited about the new flash sale selection.

It is really weird how something can be a flash, and then end up being voted for again for same thing.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#10126 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Will Tomb Raider collection likely make a return in a future sale?

Absolutley yes.

During this sale...? Who knows. The final sales will probably Alan Wake and every Community Choice winner at 40% off. :roll:

#10127 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

It is really weird how something can be a flash, and then end up being voted for again for same thing.

I voted for it too I was kind of on the fence when it was a flash sale awhile back and ended up missing out when I realized that I for sure wanted to get it.

#10128 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

There was a LOT of love for Giana Sisters in this thread when it popped up on a sale (was it a flash? Or maybe GMG?), so I'll jump on it at 66% off if it wins.

Something about Swedish metal music. I think. It was probably discussed about 200 pages ago (Xmas eve maybe).

#10129 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

There was a LOT of love for Giana Sisters in this thread when it popped up on a sale (was it a flash? Or maybe GMG?), so I'll jump on it at 66% off if it wins.

Something about Swedish metal music. I think. It was probably discussed about 200 pages ago (Xmas eve maybe).

I played it through the first world, it's a very entertaining platformer. Some tough parts but checkpoints are spread out well. And no lives limit.

#10130 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Both actually I think (steam/GMG).
And demo up on steam too. but it has to win right!?

2ic4l5j.jpg

#10131 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Awesome! I've been waiting for Evochron all sale and it's at 75% too

fs_overall.png

#10132 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Machinae Supremacy did the soundtrack.

It's pretty good.

#10133 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'd say vote for Giana Sisters as more people need to own it.

#10134 Drizzt

Drizzt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

What I like about Giana Sisters is that it's challenging without feeling punishing. I don't feel like every level is intentionally trying to punish me for attempting to progress through it. Instead, they present challenges that may look incredibly difficult at first, but can be overcome, especially if you sometimes take a moment to think of what actions need to be taken which is nice since there's no time limit for the levels either. I've completed 2 out of the 3(?) worlds so far, and have been thoroughly enjoying the game.

#10135 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I played it through the first world, it's a very entertaining platformer. Some tough parts but checkpoints are spread out well. And no lives limit.

Machinae Supremacy did the soundtrack.
It's pretty good.

Might have to reconsider my stance on this one if it wins - thanks all. :D

#10136 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Giana is the schiznit. If it goes to ~$5 again and you don't have it go for it.

As much as I buy games it's rare that one entices me to play it for more than 5 minutes but this one did.

It's an updated version of a classic platformer game that is visually stunning with an excellent soundtrack.

#10137 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

The Fallout games had better show up today. I've told several people over the past few days not to worry about it, that they're guaranteed to show up before the sale ends. I would hate to have misinformed them. It certainly seemed very likely.

#10138 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

The Fallout games had better show up today. I've told several people over the past few days not to worry about it, that they're guaranteed to show up before the sale ends. I would hate to have misinformed them. It certainly seemed very likely.

Yeah, this was a weird sale... Did we even see the Half Life games go on daily at all?

#10139 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I kickstarted it and I have no regrets. Giana Sisters is a quality game. The challenge more comes from trying to get all the stars rather than just surviving. While you probably will die a lot, it doesn't hurt you that bad. I need to get back to it.
Posted Image

#10140 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Updated your album discussion.

Finally got through chapter 10 of Hotline Miami without it crashing.

Edited by Preedatore, 04 January 2013 - 05:52 PM.