Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10141 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Absolutley yes.

During this sale...? Who knows. The final sales will probably Alan Wake and every Community Choice winner at 40% off. :roll:

Yeah. Not during this sale for sure but in a future one.

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#10142 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Yeah, this was a weird sale... Did we even see the Half Life games go on daily at all?

I remember that Half-Life Complete(and the various Half-Life games) hit 75% off as a flash sale. I don't remember them going up as a daily at all.

#10143 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Updated your album discussion.

LOL

If we're going with Scandinavian metal, I'll have to chip in with some Lordi.

#10144 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

There was a LOT of love for Giana Sisters in this thread when it popped up on a sale (was it a flash? Or maybe GMG?), so I'll jump on it at 66% off if it wins.

Something about Swedish metal music. I think. It was probably discussed about 200 pages ago (Xmas eve maybe).

Here is how Giana Sisters works. You have two sisters, hell if I remember their names. Each sister has a different ability mapped to the controller so when you use the ability or press right trigger (don't know keyboard layout since I am using 360 gamepad), you switch sisters. Now with that the graphics and music of the level change seamlessly. So you will be switching back and forth between remixed updated commodore style music and Swedish metal music. Also certain parts of the level change when switching like direction of rotating platforms and such.

Excellent game, and to top it off, DX11 support. Yeah DX11 support for an indie 2D platformer. Well worth $5 and hell worth $15 for just the production value that went into it. It's seriously awesome.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#10145 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Ace of Spades looks like fun - anyone played it?

I got it in a 4 pack when it went on sale earlier during this sale. It is way more fun then I thought it would be. As an FPS it is average, but the fact that you can mine through the levels and create your own paths really is a lot of fun. I've taken down huge chunks of a map by myself before and leaving the enemy in the total open as they tried to approach our base from major sections of the area. The way maps look near the end from how they started is crazy sometimes, with some barely even recognizable as what it was when it first started.

#10146 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I got it in a 4 pack when it went on sale earlier during this sale. It is way more fun then I thought it would be. As an FPS it is average, but the fact that you can mine through the levels and create your own paths really is a lot of fun. I've taken down huge chunks of a map by myself before and leaving the enemy in the total open as they tried to approach our base from major sections of the area. The way maps look near the end from how they started is crazy sometimes, with some barely even recognizable as what it was when it first started.

It does look quite interesting. I'll add it to my wishlist in case it drops to 75% off in the future. Thanks for the mini-review!

#10147 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Ace of Spades looks like fun - anyone played it?

I've enjoyed Ace of Spades as well, fighting against Zombies I found quite amusing. As KaOTiK stated the digging in the map brings a new element in the game. I'm not disappointed with my purchase as I grabbed in a four pack.

#10148 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I picked up Satazius ($2.99) last night after enjoying the demo. It's a pretty fun old-school type shooter, so if you fancied Thunderforce, the old Darius games, etc. this is right up your alley. It works perfectly with my wireless Xbox 360 controller, allows you to save your replays, and offers a variety of weapons to earn and swap between on the fly.

While I appreciate modern arcade shooters with their point systems, close shave boosts, and floral bullet patterns, this game refreshingly offers none of those.

Here's some video (which is stretched a bit vertically for some reason):

#10149 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'm getting mixed signals on Ace of Spades. Some people say it's awful and to steer clear, others say it's fun and unique. I also see that a lot of people are complaining that they can't even run it. I'm interested and I'd probably bite at the 4-pack price, but the negative reviews are scaring me off.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10150 SuiCide_KiNg_213

SuiCide_KiNg_213

DeAL ThIEF!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

GMG STEAM KEY
Sine Mora 75% off, $2.49 ($2.00 w/discount code)
New code :
You can now use a 20% off voucher*
GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK

#10151 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Any thoughts on Evochron or Babel Rising?

#10152 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'm getting mixed signals on Ace of Spades. Some people say it's awful and to steer clear, others say it's fun and unique. I also see that a lot of people are complaining that they can't even run it. I'm interested and I'd probably bite at the 4-pack price, but the negative reviews are scaring me off.

I think the varying opinion might be because of the different game modes. Team Deathmatch, which is the most popular mode, doesn't really take advantage of the mining and building elements, so it leaves the game feeling like a subpar fps. Other game modes like Demolition, CTF and Zombie to an extent make the game feel more worthwhile and unique.

#10153 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

GMG STEAM KEY
Sine Mora 75% off, $2.49 ($2.00 w/discount code)
New code :
You can now use a 20% off voucher*
GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK

Thanks! Just picked it up with my credit from Sleeping Dogs 8-)

Any thoughts on Evochron or Babel Rising?

Babel Rising is originally a touch screen game that is literally .99$ on the app store. (Or so steam forums are telling me)

#10154 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

What I like about Giana Sisters is that it's challenging without feeling punishing. I don't feel like every level is intentionally trying to punish me for attempting to progress through it. Instead, they present challenges that may look incredibly difficult at first, but can be overcome, especially if you sometimes take a moment to think of what actions need to be taken which is nice since there's no time limit for the levels either. I've completed 2 out of the 3(?) worlds so far, and have been thoroughly enjoying the game.

I agree with this. Giana is challenging for sure but it never feels unfair like something like Eryi's does.

Eryi's is like:

Oh you're going to jump there? Whoops we forgot to tell you hidden spikes pop up from the ground there. LOL.

#10155 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Oh you're going to jump there? Whoops we forgot to tell you hidden spikes pop up from the ground there. LOL.

I absolutely loathe learn-by-failure in video games. Just reading this post pissed me off a little bit.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#10156 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

As a complete and total fanboy of the band in question, it really warms my heart to see you guys enjoying Machinae Supremacy's work in Giana Sisters. :D

Voted for Giana as to hopefully spread even more awareness + sales of both the game and the music.

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#10157 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

I absolutely loathe learn-by-failure in video games. Just reading this post pissed me off a little bit.

While I, on the other hind, feel that a ton of my best gaming time was learn-by-failure. Infocom text adventures, Sierra adventures, rogue-likes.

#10158 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I agree with this. Giana is challenging for sure but it never feels unfair like something like Eryi's does.

Eryi's is like:

<grumbles at the lack of spoiler tags> :lol:
It almost seems like it's begging for it's own version of Pyst.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10159 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

While I, on the other hind, feel that a ton of my best gaming time was learn-by-failure. Infocom text adventures, Sierra adventures, rogue-likes.

It's like Sly and the Family Stone says, different strokes for different folks.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#10160 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Repeats, repeats everywhere. No Fallout franchise as a daily. Wow.

Forge
Amnesia
Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Crysis franchise
Trine franchise

Pass.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10161 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Seriously WTF on these last dailies?

#10162 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

For our racing fans: Any thoughts on Ignite? Looks like it's 90% off for $0.99 on Steam.

Not too excited about the Dailies, was really hoping for some Fallout love, but I'll pick up the Trine pack.

Edited by deftrance, 04 January 2013 - 06:05 PM.
Dailies.

#10163 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

I hope they drop the flash sales next time around. In previous sales, we've had more dailies and still had less repeats.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10164 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Nothing again, pulling the trigger on new vegas.

#10165 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Still only 50% off Goblin Menace DLC, and no discount on the Rage DLC makes me Rage.

Nothing again, pulling the trigger on new vegas.

Considering how Valve trolled everyone in the Summer sale, it's possible this will be the "daily deal" tomorrow. Not certain, of course, but that's exactly what happened with Jade Empire.

#10166 Blaan

Blaan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I guess I'll just pick up Defender's Quest and call it. Disappointing sale for me personally, but they still managed to get $10 out of me.

#10167 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Feh, no Crusader Kings daily either. I guess I should have assumed that since it was a daily before the sale started. I guess I better hope that a retailer gives an excuse for Amazon to match them in the next month.
Posted Image

#10168 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Time to round out the last-minute purchases seeing as I highly doubt the next batch of flash sales will be anything to write home about.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10169 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

For our racing fans: Any thoughts on Ignite? Looks like it's 90% off for $0.99 on Steam.

Wondering this too. And no sales on dirt 3 or the newest dirt or fallout? They went on sale repeatedly last time. I'm wavering on A regular discount purchase. When exactly does this sale end? Missed it last time and I don't want to do it again.

#10170 measureless

measureless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Jeez. I was quiet the whole sale because certainly Fallout will be featured sometime, no need to panic yet. All I wanted out of this sale was New Vegas DLC, too. Maybe a flash?

Posted Image