Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10261 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Well here's the big news.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Encore weekend

Is this a joke? So stuff that's been on sale 3-4 times already will be up for a 5th time? If anything this sale needed less 'encores' and repeats and a wider coverage of titles as far as feature deals go.

#10262 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I just updated Enhanced Steam to version 1.1, which adds the long-worked-on options page to the extension, where you can set which colors you want for highlighting games, as well as enabling / disabling the "Total spent" tally on your account page.

The settings use the Google Chrome Storage Sync API, so if you have multiple browsers signed in at multiple locations, your preferences should sync to all of your clients.

Now to add more features! :)

Looks great! For us non-Chrome users, do you have the link to the last version of the Greasemonkey script that you built? I'd like to try it on Opera (which has support for some user scripts built-in) and see if it works.

#10263 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Where's Motoki at with his DO IT!!!!! video???

u6ALySsPXt0

#10264 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

is today the last day for these sales?

#10265 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Looks great! For us non-Chrome users, do you have the link to the last version of the Greasemonkey script that you built? I'd like to try it on Opera (which has support for some user scripts built-in) and see if it works.

I believe this is the "latest" version of the script for Greasemonkey:

http://pastebin.com/6RQsAnyX

#10266 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Is this a joke? So stuff that's been on sale 3-4 times already will be up for a 5th time? If anything this sale needed less 'encores' and repeats and a wider coverage of titles as far as feature deals go.

Note that this does not extend the seasonal sale price cuts on all the less loved games. Only have till 10AM PST tomorrow for those.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10267 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Far Cry 3 will show up for 2nd time during the Encore; I'm happy about that.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#10268 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Well here's the big news.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Encore weekend

Ooohhh Gabe!

76561197971332172.png

#10269 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Beat me to the Doooo eeeet video dammit.

Anyway, I am bummed that Toilet Tycoon is $1.99 at Amazon because they have no means to gift it to other people and I can't share the wealth. :cry: Posted Image

steam_sig.png

#10270 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Note that this does not extend the seasonal sale price cuts on all the less loved games. Only have till 10AM PST tomorrow for those.

Yeah I found that bit particularly hilarious.

#10271 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

The Fallout games had better show up today. I've told several people over the past few days not to worry about it, that they're guaranteed to show up before the sale ends. I would hate to have misinformed them. It certainly seemed very likely.

You liar. I'll never forgive you. *sob*

Eryi's is like:

Oh you're going to jump there? Whoops we forgot to tell you hidden spikes pop up from the ground there. LOL.

I've only played a little Eyri, but I quickly found that viewing it as a puzzler instead of a platformer was essential.

Two questions:

1. What will be the post-sale Valve troll daily this time around?

Spoiler

2. What are you picking up once the last Flash Sale is posted?

Mine:
- maybe iBomber Defense Pacific (simple TD game from iOS but the first one was pretty fun)

1) Sam & Max! (maybe not...)

2) I'm concerned that since Disney bought Lucas, some of their properties might disappear off Steam soon. So I'l be picking up the LucasArts Adventure Pack, and possibly Lucidity or Star Wars: Empires at War Gold.

I was thinking about the Daedalic Bundle, but with all the Amazon sales recently (and Walking Dead next week) I think I've spent more than enough on videogames this holiday season.

#10272 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

mmm might have to bight on left 4 dead. would suck if there was a fallout sale in the next flash sale

#10273 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

by the way do people still play the left 4 dead games? no fun in playing by myself. and is there matchmaking or is it friends only?

#10274 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

by the way do people still play the left 4 dead games? no fun in playing by myself. and is there matchmaking or is it friends only?

There is still quite a large community. And yes it has matchmaking and you can play solo with AI or with friends if you like as well. It is quite fun. Hope this helps. Also according to steam stats roughly 15,000+ are playing L4D2 currently and 1,500+ playing the original right now. Enjoy!

#10275 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

There is still quite a large community. And yes it has matchmaking and you can play solo with AI or with friends if you like as well. It is quite fun. Hope this helps. Also according to steam stats roughly 15,000+ are playing L4D2 currently and 1,500+ playing the original right now. Enjoy!

thanks

#10276 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yay!

#10277 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Generally Payday and L4D are *not* recommended for solo play.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#10278 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hrmm... Any thoughts on Symphony? It looks like it could be intriguing and the Flash is up in an hour.

#10279 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

http://www.brainyquo...eins133991.html

#10280 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

At this point I have nothing else to buy.

OFC i want released like xcom or dishonored, but they will be too expensive even at (if they go) 75%.

Newer titles I will have to wait till next summer sale :P.
PC master race.

#10281 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I believe this is the "latest" version of the script for Greasemonkey:

http://pastebin.com/6RQsAnyX

Thanks. It seems not to work in Opera, unfortunately (unless I'm doing something wrong, which is definitely possible). Oh well -- worth the shot!

#10282 Fatalis Fafnir

Fatalis Fafnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

I have checked everyday for a sale on Fallout 3: Game of the Year and New Vegas; UE, and nothing. Is all hope lost?

#10283 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Maybe GamersGate exhausted the Fallout key supply ?

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#10284 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

So I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but A Valley Without Wind is on sale for $5.99 (60% off) until the end of the sale and anyone who buys it (or previously bought it) gets A Valley Without Wind 2 beta access now and the full game when it is released next month.

The new game has an overhead city management aspect and it's reminding me more of Act Raiser, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet even though I own the first game.

steam_sig.png

#10285 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Star Wars Battlefront 2

What Sleeping Dogs DLC do you recommend?

The free ones. I didn't like Nightmare at all. Random story about a ghoulish invasion, doesn't add to the campaign of the main game, takes 1-2 hours to complete, and the achievements are a grindfest for another couple of hours.

Edit: Someone was selling a Steam code in the trade forums. PMed him asking about its availability, he says he has it. PayPal him the money, and he says it's gone. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm still mildly upset about it.

#10286 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Where's Motoki at with his DO IT!!!!! video???

Do it?

Guardian_owl.png

#10287 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Star Wars Battlefront 2

What Sleeping Dogs DLC do you recommend?

High rez texture pack if you have the VRAM. My 896MB GTX 260 handled it fine.

#10288 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

If you want to save a few bucks only buy 2. Most of the maps from 1 were added in. Also if you buy a 4 pack ill buy the other three copies from you.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#10289 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Eryi's is like:

Oh you're going to jump there? Whoops we forgot to tell you hidden spikes pop up from the ground there. LOL.

I guess it doesn't bother me with Eryi's because that game is so up front about what it's trying to be. Basically I Want To Be The Guy but prettier and with frequent checkpointing.

#10290 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I wonder what to buy now and what to see what stays on sale.