Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10441 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

I guess the majority loves repeats, as they keep voting for them.

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#10442 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Well it's not so much that it's a bad game. There are plenty of other bad games in that pack. And I already have my fair share of stinkers in my library. It's more the whole animal torture/mutilation angle to the game that I can't get past. I don't have any pets, nor am I an especially big animal lover. But that just seems a bit much for me.

Though I certainly don't want to discourage others from playing if they want. I know some people get a kick out playing horrible games. And I assume that it either doesn't bother them like it bothers me, or they can allow themselves to simply look past it.

Anyways, enough about Bad Rats. What are people picking up now that we've reached the last day?

I've already picked up these with a little help from JakeNome:
Act of War: Direct Action
Act of War: High Treason
Age of Wonders Trilogy Pack
Archon: Classic
Dark Sector
Farm Frenzy pack
Kohan Warchest
Sacrifice
Simulation Gaming Pack

Spoiler

Thrillville: Off the Rails

And I've got these sitting in my cart right now:
Ignite
Last Day of Work Complete Pack
Lucidity
Nexus - The Jupiter Incident
Ninja Blade
Sherlock Holmes & The Hound of The Baskervilles
SimBin Mega Bundle
Starscape
Winter Voices + Episodes

never knew ninja blade was on steam, thanks man, just bought it

#10443 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Also, the Gods & Kings expansion has introduced Spies, and Egypt keeps stealing all of my tech. I've gone to war with them three times over it, but they just won't quit. I did steal a ton of stuff from Rome, and I'm just going to say this, Caesar is a dick. He and I were cool, trading horses for gold, and he comes out of nowhere and denounces me, and becomes friends with Egypt. I'm like whatever. I'm working a friendship with Japan so we can take out Rome together. I had Carthage involved, but Washington took out their capital.

Can someone make sure this quote makes it on the Civ 5 Complete Edition box? I mean, really. Can you sum the game up any better than this?

#10444 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Has Terraria ever been 75% off? Was a bit surprised it never hit that during this sale.

It usually is during these sales, hence why the Winter sale is getting such a bad rap. The discounts suck.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10445 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Can someone make sure this quote makes it on the Civ 5 Complete Edition box? I mean, really. Can you sum the game up any better than this?

Some where on that box needs to be "Gandhi is a asshole."
Posted Image

#10446 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

I'll bite on Ignite for 0.99 cents.

ach.png

#10447 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Anyone else here pick up that Symphony game today off the flash sales? That game kicks major ass, it's like Beat Hazard and Galaga had a baby. If you like music/shooting games, I'd strongly suggest picking it up even at only 50% off ($5), that is unless it reappears at 75% during repeat weekend.

Never heard of the game until today when I got home from work, and there was like 4 minutes left on the flash sale. Bought on impulse after watching the trailer.

#10448 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Guys I'm planning on buying a gamepad for Pc. Which one is better to get? Wired or wireless Xbox controller with receiver?

#10449 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

And the final flash are all bloody repeats.

Lego LOTR 20.09
Dishonored 29.99
Walking Dead 12.49

Really hope they reexamine how they're going to do the summer sale. 48 hour dailies plus repeated flashes plus repeated community choices plus end of sale repeats just really kills enthusiasm.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#10450 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Guys I'm planning on buying a gamepad for Pc. Which one is better to get? Wired or wireless Xbox controller with receiver?

Depends on how much you love spinning around in your desk chair.

I went with wireless with the adapter and haven't regretted it once.

#10451 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

Too bad Dishonored was $30. Would have bit at $20, maybe $25.

#10452 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

What about this "Sunset Invasion" expansion thing?

Not sure if you're looking for another opinion, but I concur with the statements made by Terlan and Motoki. The two most important DLC's are Sword of Islam and Legacy of Rome, both of which introduce mechanics. Sunset Invasion isn't necessary; seems to me that you'd probably want to play through the game a few times first to determine whether you even want to have a bunch of angry Aztecs show up in the mid-late part of the game. I don't think I would... the Golden Horde is already enough for me. :(

Soon, another new big DLC is coming out which adds mechanics for republics. I have high hopes for it. Anyway, as Terlan wrote, the remaining DLC's are cosmetic (graphics and music).

I can't say enough great things about CK2. The game will provide you with tons of fun stories.

#10453 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Lol ^

ach.png

#10454 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Is the wire cable that long? Hehe! Any other comments on which one is better? Is there any difference between response time at all? Build quality difference?

#10455 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

I have wireless as well and someone correct me if I'm wrong but you can connect up to four controllers to a single receiver if that sounds beneficial to you.

#10456 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

And the final flash are all bloody repeats.

Lego LOTR 20.09
Dishonored 29.99
Walking Dead 12.49

Really hope they reexamine how they're going to do the summer sale. 48 hour dailies plus repeated flashes plus repeated community choices plus end of sale repeats just really kills enthusiasm.

What's crazy is you just know Dishonored and The Walking Dead are two of the "highly sought-after titles" out there right now.

Oh wells, since I'm out of anything other than a $10.00 Dead Space bundle, here's my haul:

STEAM:
Spoiler

AMAZON:
Spoiler

I officially went out of control. I think outside of Far Cry 3, Dead Space 3, Army of Two: Devil's Cartel, and Gears of War Judgement, I'm going to have to revert back to PC gaming so I can eat through some of this newly acquired backlog.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#10457 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

I have wireless as well and someone correct me if I'm wrong but you can connect up to four controllers to a single receiver if that sounds beneficial to you.

Correct. 4 controllers and 4 headsets. But no one does that.

#10458 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

Well I guess I'll have to snap up The Oddboxx at only 50% off. Damn you Gaben.

#10459 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Well I guess I'll have to snap up The Oddboxx at only 50% off. Damn you Gaben.

For the amount of gaming that's there, it's still totally worth it!

#10460 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Has Terraria ever been 75% off? Was a bit surprised it never hit that during this sale.

I don't know but I paid $2.49 for it on 7/9/2011 (on steam)

#10461 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Hmmm... That seems like a good thing to have. The only thing is that i also have to invest in a rechargeable battery. Now to wait for a good deal on it. I did a search and a wireless one is $48 at newegg. Does this go any lower at all? Not really in a hurry. Just wanted to get a better deal if ever.

Hopefully tomorrow's encore sale would be something to look forward too.

#10462 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Is the wire cable that long? Hehe! Any other comments on which one is better? Is there any difference between response time at all? Build quality difference?

Response time has been a non-issue for me with the wireless controller, works just as well as with the 360. Also, I prefer the heft of the wireless controllers because of the batteries/battery pack. Feels more solid imho.

The only thing is that i also have to invest in a rechargeable battery. Now to wait for a good deal on it. I did a search and a wireless one is $48 at newegg. Does this go any lower at all? Not really in a hurry. Just wanted to get a better deal if ever.

Got a really good deal on my black controller/receiver at Newegg for $38.00 around a year ago. Also, you don't have to have the play and charge kit, I use 2 Duracell AAs in mine and they last a while. The controller turns off on its own after no buttons are pressed for a while to save juice. Probably change them once a month or so.

#10463 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

"Ordered" a Daedelic Pack from JakeNome

Sitting in my cart:

Critter Crunch
eXceed Complete Pack
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Penny Arcade 3
Analogue: A Hate Story
Emerald City Confidential

Still looking for more.

#10464 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

I have both, and I like the Wired one better because of the HUGE weight difference between the two models.

#10465 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Since Gamersgate lied and rescinded their original promise of January keys I've been trying to figure out what to do. I recently built a great gaming PC after buying Dishonored on 360. I've barely played it so far and so don't care about losing the save. Best Buy's double trade in value + my gamers club would give me ~$22 trade in value for it. Soooo, my question becomes "Does the ability to 1 button quick save and quick load with supposedly DRAMATICALLY improved (I saw 14s vs 2s per load) load times justify a $7 difference?" The graphics are, by all accounts, essentially identical.

#10466 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Correct. 4 controllers and 4 headsets. But no one does that.

Wonder if you can hook up a MS Speed Wheel to it?
http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B0050SY0L2

ach.png

#10467 Ardrid

Ardrid

Anyone else here pick up that Symphony game today off the flash sales? That game kicks major ass, it's like Beat Hazard and Galaga had a baby. If you like music/shooting games, I'd strongly suggest picking it up even at only 50% off ($5), that is unless it reappears at 75% during repeat weekend.

Never heard of the game until today when I got home from work, and there was like 4 minutes left on the flash sale. Bought on impulse after watching the trailer.

Did it hit 75% off at some point? I recall seeing it at 66% off as a flash sale but that's it. It's an instant buy for me if it hits 75% off ($2.50).

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#10468 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Since Gamersgate lied and rescinded their original promise of January keys I've been trying to figure out what to do. I recently built a great gaming PC after buying Dishonored on 360. I've barely played it so far and so don't care about losing the save. Best Buy's double trade in value + my gamers club would give me ~$22 trade in value for it. Soooo, my question becomes "Does the ability to 1 button quick save and quick load with supposedly DRAMATICALLY improved (I saw 14s vs 2s per load) load times justify a $7 difference?" The graphics are, by all accounts, essentially identical.

you should 86 that console trash. I can't imagine trying to *enjoy* a current gen game on a 2005 console.

edit, it's 2013!

edit edit:
Have you considered trading the game into Gamestop for steam credit? I think they have some extra trade in promo going right now.

#10469 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

I find it hard to imagine the majority of people want a wired controller.

The wireless one is fantastic. I have an Xbox, so I got the wireless receiver. Works great.

#10470 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

For the amount of gaming that's there, it's still totally worth it!

Well I've played them all before so I know they are worth it for sure, but still I wanted a cheaper price :P