Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10621 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Ice fishing. I'd play that. :D

#10622 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

So tempted by Walking Dead...

#10623 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

So tempted by Walking Dead...

It'll be $7.5 on Amazon next week if you have an Editor's Choice coupon (which you should if you bought any digital download games off Amazon late last year.)

#10624 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'm with everyone else about Legend of Fae. It tricks you into thinking it's going to be a light-hearted romp, but it eventually becomes very un-fun and tedious.

I'd say more hard than un-fun. I made the mistake of starting on hard and I'm stuck on level 30. And there are some levels that will cause you to curse. (Fucking dragon eggs!) Very fast paced game in comparison to most match three games.
Posted Image

#10625 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

has there been a cheaper way to get the brothers in arms games? (especially hell's highway)

?

#10626 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm debating Defender's Quest, what do people think about this game? Looks like a lot of fun but I'm wondering if $5 is too much for such a simple game.
Posted Image

#10627 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

If you guys want Drakensang on Steam in the non-US region I would highly suggest voting for it on Greenlight.

It's idiotic that Valve made them do that for a game already on Steam, but they are weird about giving the cold shoulder to publishers they don't have a history with.

I'm debating Defender's Quest, what do people think about this game? Looks like a lot of fun but I'm wondering if $5 is too much for such a simple game.

http://www.defenders.../play_demo.html

It doesn't even require you to install because it's a web based demo.

I actually quite like it but I can't get past the nagging feeling it will be in a bundle someday.

#10628 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

?

I'm pretty sure they have been 75% off in a past winter sale. 35% off is a pretty weak discount for Steam.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#10629 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Any of the Sleeping Dogs DLC worthwhile?

Most of it are outfits, small side quests, boosts xp, gives money from what I can tell. The only one I picked up was Nightmare in North Point which is an additional 1-2 hour story mission separate from your main play through. It's ok but not necessary.

76561197970731518.png

#10630 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

So this encore thing is just repeats? And here I though steam had heard our cries

#10631 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

http://www.defenders.../play_demo.html

It doesn't even require you to install because it's a web based demo.

I actually quite like it but I can't get past the nagging feeling it will be in a bundle someday.

Oh sweet! Thanks Motoki! The demo was pretty fun haha. You're right, it's probably going to be in a bundle sometime... I'll just keep it on my wishlist for now, I'm sure it'll be back on sale by summer anyway.
Posted Image

#10632 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

?

I haven't seen one, and the bundle for $13.00 is a pretty good deal. You're talking like $4.33 a game. (Repeating, of course.) I'd argue they're worth it if you don't want to wait til summer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#10633 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

If you guys want Drakensang on Steam in the non-US region I would highly suggest voting for it on Greenlight.

It's idiotic that Valve made them do that for a game already on Steam, but they are weird about giving the cold shoulder to publishers they don't have a history with.

Done and done. I have it from the GG pack a while back but I'll help it along. I never go on Greenlight these days and I'm sure a lot of other people are the same so I feel bad for the games trying to get through there now.

#10634 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I haven't seen one, and the bundle for $13.00 is a pretty good deal. You're talking like $4.33 a game. (Repeating, of course.) I'd argue they're worth it if you don't want to wait til summer.

yeah if they were 75% off it would only be $5 for the pack
but i would assume that if they WERE a flash or daily (in a future sale) it would only be 50% off since its only at 35% off right now

#10635 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

My last minute grab:
Daedalic bundle
Freedom Force: Freedom pack (stupid community vote)
eXceed collection
Blades of Time (don't know why I'm getting this, reviews were rather dismal, but users here seem to like it so I wanted to give it a shot).

I was debating on Defender's Quest (thanks Motoki) and Tropico 4 + Modern Times for a while. I think since Tropico 4 Gold is already out on retail, I'll just wait til that gets on Steam and gets the inevitable 75% discount :)
Posted Image

#10636 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

So i'm guessing this is the last chance to pick up anything that is a "Big name game" that will be on repeat? Just those will go back on sale and everything else will be back to normal?

My last minute grab:
Daedalic bundle
Freedom Force: Freedom pack (stupid community vote)
eXceed collection
Blades of Time (don't know why I'm getting this, reviews were rather dismal, but users here seem to like it so I wanted to give it a shot).

I was debating on Defender's Quest (thanks Motoki) and Tropico 4 + Modern Times for a while. I think since Tropico 4 Gold is already out on retail, I'll just wait til that gets on Steam and gets the inevitable 75% discount :)

I've heard mixed things about BoT. it looks good to me. And a few people have said as much(that it's good) so just go in with an open mind I say.

#10637 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Already have. I did so (without knowing the situation) during one of my vote-for-everything-on-Greenlight sessions.

Indeed.

#10638 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I got Blades of Time this sale as well.

#10639 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Woke up to still not having an Evochron Mercenary key.

Sad part is that the keys are there but Valve has their thumbs up their asses and hasn't pushed them yet. So dumb.
sudo mklove

#10640 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

I got Blades of Time this sale as well.

as did i
(got it on amazon with an editor's choice coupon though)

#10641 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Alright, you knew/feared that it was coming. It's "post your haul" time.

#10642 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Is this the only thing missing from Civ 5 GOTY + Gods and Kings?

http://store.steampo...1_7_suggest__13

#10643 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I wanna play World in Conflict... does anyone think it will ever get cheaper? I don't think I have ever seen it at $5.
Posted Image

#10644 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

as did i
(got it on amazon with an editor's choice coupon though)

How'd you do that. It doesn't get the EC coupon discount.

#10645 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Wow...just searching for something interesting to buy on the last day, I came across this!

http://store.steampo...esFilteredDLC_7

The Dream Machine! It's a point-and-click adventure game that brings so many awesome memories of The Neverhood back in the day. The best buy seems to be all 5 Chapters for $5.99...note only Chapters 1-3 are currently released.

#10646 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

How'd you do that. It doesn't get the EC coupon discount.

I think the meaning is that it was bought while it included a promo credit to use on the EC list.

#10647 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Woke up to still not having an Evochron Mercenary key.

Sad part is that the keys are there but Valve has their thumbs up their asses and hasn't pushed them yet. So dumb.

I came oh so close to pulling the trigger on Evochron Mercenary. In the end, I passed on it because I want to wait until there is a base price drop before I buy. With all this hubbub over the keys though, I'm glad cheapness made me wait.

Good luck. Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Sacred 2 situation on you.

#10648 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I think the meaning is that it was bought while it included a promo credit to use on the EC list.

Ah that makes sense.

Also just a repeat: "So i'm guessing this is the last chance to pick up anything that is a "Big name game" that will be on repeat? Just those will go back on sale and everything else will be back to normal?"

Sorry if it has been asked. I don't read every post. (TOO MANY PAGES D:)

#10649 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Wow...just searching for something interesting to buy on the last day, I came across this!

The Dream Machine! It's a point-and-click adventure game that brings so many awesome memories of The Neverhood back in the day. The best buy seems to be all 5 Chapters for $5.99...note only Chapters 1-3 are currently released.

Interesting, but already bundle material. Might keep my eye on it...

#10650 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I started it with my girlfriend who rarely plays games. She wouldn't let me get up until we finished and was insanely disappointed when we hit the end of episode 3 and I explained that episode 4 wouldn't come out for awhile. I wasn't quite as enamored with it, but I did like it. That is a warning for others. The release schedule is quite far apart due to the animation style.