Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10861 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I was going to look through each DLC to see which was worth it but I figured they'd fix it soon so I just said " Fuck it" and bought everything.

I tried that and just go yelled at by everyone to just fucking buy it
Posted Image

#10862 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

It's all good, but where's my fallout?

#10863 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Wasn't 91% the exact same percentage off as the GG Bethesda Bundle? Sounds like somebody is outsourcing there labor...;)

#10864 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Yeah, cause Steam customer service is the beacon by which all other companies try to measure up to.

No, their service is horrendous. But I give them credit for having the sense to flip prices at a reasonable local time for them when there are actually people around to watch it and fix it quickly so that the situation doesn't go on for hours and spiral completely out of control.

steam_sig.png

#10865 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

I've heard mixed things about BoT. it looks good to me. And a few people have said as much(that it's good) so just go in with an open mind I say.

I got Blades of Time this sale as well.

Blades of time is great! (And subtitled too) I think the reviews were half Russian bashing and half a riot against Ayumi's initial "anime girl" outfit. I mean sure Laura Croft was, ahem, top heavy, but she covered it up.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10866 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Had the DLC in my cart, couldn't pull the trigger. Wish I had gotten at least Nightmare in North Point; the way Steam handles DLC after the release of a GotY edition (which is possible) is definitely lame.

#10867 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Remember to get the free Sleeping Dogs DLC by clicking the install/play button on their store pages.
http://store.steampo...com/app/202181/
http://store.steampo...com/app/216330/

#10868 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Was tempted by Sleeping Dogs, but I probably won't ever touch it lol

#10869 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

you don't get refunds for buying games at a higher a price then what they are say the next day, LOL

yeah ,seriously dude LOL.:roll:

#10870 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Since most of the DLC is, arguably, not worthwhile, I guess I can only get so bummed over missing the Sleeping Dogs price mistake. Nevertheless, I do want to congratulate those that were able to grab the extra discounts.

#10871 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

By comparison, everything else just seems so expensive when compared to Sleeping Dogs for $5 :D

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#10872 Fresh8142

Fresh8142

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

well my only purchase this sale was a pricing mistake by steam... Somehow steam always finds a way for me to spend money and add to my backlog

#10873 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

missed out on the dlc.. oh well. still happy i got the base

#10874 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

*Finally* some excitement over a steam sale =) It's been what, 3? 4? weeks since the Big Picture Sale.

Yes, they went much too long without having a real sale. ;)

#10875 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted Image

I also have a key for Sleeping Dogs "limited edition" that I bought from GMG, so there's bound to be some doubling up in there. As if it wasn't already going to be a massive pain to unpack everything anyway. :lol:

#10876 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Wasn't the GamersGate Bethesda Bundle also 91% off? 91 is the new lucky number! Come on Xcom Enemy Unknown 91% off.

lol good call on 91
id feel guilty buying xcom for 91% off (AMAZING GAME)
sleeping dogs and old bethesda games, not so much

#10877 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the heads-up on Pirates & Nobles, Motoki. Was finally able to get to the page & buy...just in case.

(Now if only Full Pipe would make a return :cry: )

#10878 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Steamgifts has officially exploded with Sleeping Dogs stuff

#10879 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Now that the Sleeping Dogs shenanigans is out of the way, Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles expansion which just showed up last night after being gone from Steam without reason for the better part of a year is down to $10.19. That's probably about as low as it is going to go. No Aus/NZ price glitch this time it looks like.

http://store.steampo...com/app/102822/

It's glitchy and hard to get the page to show, but you can buy it. I did last night for $15 :-P

What I found works better is to not go to it straight from the url link or the Steam main page, but to go to the page for another game, then either from there paste that link in or search for it.

Sometimes it shows up as DLC under the Medieval page too, but more often than not it disappears.

I have no idea if it truly is making a comeback or this is a glitch so if you want it grab it because it won't go significantly lower than this price barring a price mistake.

I guess Medieval is included in the general Sims 3 66% deal even though it doesn't show up on that page anywhere. Now I just need to decide if I want to spend that much out of my $13.00 wallet balance. I'm not sure what else I would buy unless there is another price glitch.

#10880 Miranda

Miranda

about.me/adnarim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I missed out on Sleeping Dogs. That's what I get for actually playing my games, lol.

#10881 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Thanks Gabe! Now I better not see some Steam Wallet funds missing to make up for the pricing error...

Untitled.jpg

dustdust_ps.png

#10882 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Picked up Sleeping Dogs+all discounted DLC for $8.32, thanks Gaben. I hope software goes on sale again. I wanna pick up Art Rage Studio and RPG Maker VX Ace.

#10883 Gnomes and Pie

Gnomes and Pie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Didn't GMG have Sleeping Dogs on sale legitimately for around $6-8 about a week ago? I wonder if people were so quick to buy because they wanted the game or because omg, pricing error, must buy!

#10884 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Noooooo!!!! Just did miss the Sleeping Dogs deal, I saw the price but clicked add to cart and the price changed. Anyone buy one too many they need to offload for $5.00 or so to help out a fellow CAG? (I know, I know, yeah right, lol).

#10885 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Didn't GMG have Sleeping Dogs on sale legitimately for around $6-8 about a week ago? I wonder if people were so quick to buy because they wanted the game or because omg, pricing error, must buy!

I wanted the game, but I must have missed GMG's sale because I don't remember that.

fs_overall.png

#10886 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

The GMG sale was a glitch as well. The voucher was being applied as well as the credit/cash back. It should have been one or the other (according to the posted voucher terms).

#10887 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I missed out on Sleeping Dogs. That's what I get for actually playing my games, lol.

Ah, yeah. Rookie CAG mistake. Us vets know Steam is mainly for hording and using as a bargain hunting simulator. We're like dragons that way. We sit atop our massive horde of digital goods, constantly looking for new things to grow it, but to actually use it for anything other than looking pretty? Bah! Ridiculous!

#10888 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Yes, but buying on steam is much easier for gifting to friends. (GMG is 1 game/account too).

More to the point Sleeping Dogs is a great game, and refreshing entry in the GTA-ish genre with nicer combat system inspired by Batman AA/AC. The Hong Kong setting is both popular and yet fresh. Walking the line between undercover cop and violent triad thug adds a new dimension. How often can you pick up a game like that, under 6 months old, for yourself or friends for $5?

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10889 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Ah, yeah. Rookie CAG mistake. Us vets know Steam is mainly for hording and using as a bargain hunting simulator. We're like dragons that way. We sit atop our massive horde of digital goods, constantly looking for new things to grow it, but to actually use it for anything other than looking pretty? Bah! Ridiculous!

<this
Posted Image

#10890 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

I didn't buy from GMG because I was waiting for a DLC bundle. Got exactly what I wanted from this price glitch.