Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#10951 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm tempted to pick up The Walking Dead for $7.49 even though I won the Season Pass on Twitter ages ago.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10952 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I need help. I spent about $250 on games during the Steam Sale.

That's like four console games with tax.

#10953 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Despite the sale being bad, I still spent a ton. I might have been a bit more easy going since I was given a ton of Steam Wallet gift cards lol.

#10954 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

If anyone wants to purchase my Sleeping Dogs game + Dragon Master Pack + the additional discounted DLC (12 items) send me a PM. Hopefully my impulse buy will benefit someone who missed out.

I would buy it off of you.

#10955 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

I need help. I spent about $250 on games during the Steam Sale.

It's not how much you spent; it's how many games you got on the money you spent.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#10956 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Which would I get more enjoyment out of: Dishonored or Hitman: Absolution?

They just seem so similar.

Dishonored is meant to be played as stealth game where you want to minimize the number of your kills.

I played Dishonored in a completely different way than I played Hitman. They give you the tools to alter your plan on the fly, so if I got spotted or messed up I'd react instead of reload. It also meant I spent a lot less time sitting and waiting because I knew it wouldn't mean wasted time when I got a bit sloppy. I had a lot of fun doing it that way.

You're referring to Hitman:Ab right?

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10957 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Wow, so I just read back a few pages and saw the Sleeping Dogs glitch. Insane price. I just beat the game on 360 and it was absolutely fantastic. Easily one of my favorite games of the year.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10958 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

It's not how much you spent; it's how many games you got on the money you spent.

It's not even that. It's how much satisfaction and value you draw from owning the games, however many or few they may be. Some would say the pleasure you derive from playing them, but that's just crazy talk.

#10959 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

You're referring to Hitman:Ab right?

No. Dishonored. In Hitman, once something goes wrong it's either a shooter or you reload. In Dishonored I killed two people in the game and any time that I was spotted I was able to get away and try again.

I was very disappointed in Hitman. Half the levels were the type of stealth gameplay I don't like and some of the design choices (loading checkpoint resetting the level, the disguises system, and others) made the more traditional Hitman levels less fun for me. I also ran into several bugs that kept me from enjoying myself.

#10960 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

That's like four console games with tax.

I was tallying up my August to present expenditures and almost had to grab some Pepto until this exact rationalization realization passed through my mind. Except for me it would be like 10-11 new retail console games. ;)

Edit: And FWIW, I've only been aware of CAG since late October, so all of those August to pretty much November purchases are rather embarrassing.

#10961 Raptor25

Raptor25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Between Black Friday and this stuff I get a lot of satisfaction out of the deals. Built a high end PC, got a 40" 1080p LCD for my bedroom that I'm playing some of these games on, got dozens of games, new keyboard/mouse/360 controller, etc. and I've paid less than it would have cost to buy the PC retail.

#10962 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Looks like everyone on my friends list got in on Sleeping Dogs and the DLC.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10963 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hitman: AbsolutELY.

I found Dishonored simple, hollow, empty, boring, hyped.

yeah i'm starting to get the impression that stealth no-kill is not the way to play dishonored
(i guess i should replay human revolution for that)

#10964 totalanonymity

totalanonymity

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Looks like everyone on my friends list got in on Sleeping Dogs and the DLC.

I've had the game since early September and bought it instantly as a gift when checking what they would bring back for today. Pays to check at 10 AM PST even for an encore of the sale that was an encore of encores.

That being said, I've got a gift copy I'm trying to unload.

#10965 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Ah whatever there's bound to be a complete package release for SD eventually. Hopefully it would go on sale for $7.50 or so, as of now I have too big of a backlog anyway. Wouldn't mind getting it now but I won't be too bummed about it.

#10966 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

It's not even that. It's how much satisfaction and value you draw from owning the games, however many or few they may be. Some would say the pleasure you derive from playing them, but that's just crazy talk.

Crazy talk indeed! :hot:

#10967 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'm gonna get 2 or 3 Sleeping Dogs DLC, too bad I missed the pricing error. I didn't know there was a DLC with 20 new cop missions.

#10968 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Now I can say it. Bought more than 20 games this sales. BUT, less than $100 spent

#10969 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

No. Dishonored. In Hitman, once something goes wrong it's either a shooter or you reload. In Dishonored I killed two people in the game and any time that I was spotted I was able to get away and try again.

I was very disappointed in Hitman. Half the levels were the type of stealth gameplay I don't like and some of the design choices (loading checkpoint resetting the level, the disguises system, and others) made the more traditional Hitman levels less fun for me. I also ran into several bugs that kept me from enjoying myself.

shitman crapsolution....i accidentally completed the china town level (2nd one i think?)
shot a cop. hid in a dumpster. for some reason the target ran around to where the cops body was and started looking at it. popped out, shot the guy, stole the dead cops uniform and instincted my way to the get away point.... i think ill be messing with the contracts mode mostly, just waiting for a few more weeks when i build my new pc

and organizing them...
Spoiler

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#10970 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

I'm gonna get 2 or 3 Sleeping Dogs DLC, too bad I missed the pricing error. I didn't know there was a DLC with 20 new cop missions.

Which was that? I'm too lazy to look through all the descriptions. :)

#10971 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I may be tardy to the party on this topic, but I'd be down on this Derp! Think Steam would Greenlight it?

Spoiler

#10972 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Ah thanks! I only played like two hours of Dishonored (wasn't in patient/steath mood). Despite some great recent additions to my library, I'm still at bit tempted by Hitman:Ab @ $20. That helps me get in touch with my inner CAG more. =)

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#10973 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

I may be tardy to the party on this topic, but I'd be down on this Derp! Think Steam would Greenlight it?

Spoiler

It's using intellectual property that the creators don't have the rights to. Unequivocally no.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10974 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Spoiler

What the Fuck.

#10975 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Which was that? I'm too lazy to look through all the descriptions. :)

SWAT pack.

#10976 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Should I buy Chivalry or Natural Selection 2?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#10977 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Spoiler

Fuck yeah! (excitement, not greenlight)

...mind you I also enjoyed Arcana Heart.

#10978 SpecialK7225

SpecialK7225

Counting Cards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

I spent quite a bit this sale. I picked up a bunch of great games that'll keep me happy for a long time though.

My Haul

Steam:

Ace of Spades
Sleeping Dogs
Sleeping Dogs Dragon Master Pack
Sleeping Dogs SWAT Pack
Sleeping Dogs Screen Legends Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Tactical Soldier Pack
Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point
Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack
Skyrim Hearthfire
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Universe Sandbox
Mirror's Edge
Dawn of War Collection

Amazon:
Hotline Miami (Free AC)
The Darkness II Standard Edition
Borderlands GOTY
Duke Nukem Forever
Far Cry 3 (uplay)
Battlefield 3 Premium Upgrade (Origin)

GreenmanGaming:

Civilization V: Gods and Kings

Gamersgate:

Bethesda Holiday Pack

Dishonored
Skyrim

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the sale. Some of the discounts could have been better, but I'm still content with what I paid for what I got.
From what I've played so far, no regrets yet. I've already played through Sleeping Dogs and am working my way through Far Cry 3.
Dishonored was also a great play, though I still have to finish it up. Every level I finished had a high chaos level. I would begin the levels all sneaky-like, then inevitably Fuck up and have to kill everyone in sight. But I still enjoyed the hell out of the half of the game I played.

76561198014449115.png

#10979 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

chiv feels more like css with swords
ns2 is like aliens vs predator and has some basic rts elements if youre the commander

if you can only get one, get chiv, because its had steady numbers since the get-go....where-as ns2 has been in the mid to low 2ks since launch, only to pop up a bit since this sale

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#10980 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

wow
you should probably get in on 4-packs and get both
or chivalry i guess
do you want a multiplayer game that is different because it has melee combat or different because it is asymmetric?