Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#11911 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

It's not on sale. Sorry, we're just horrible people. :lol:

Lol. After getting my refund in blue coins, I want revenge :hot:

#11912 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

2. Do you have a Tip Jar somewhere?

Chrome > Tools > Extensions > Enhanced Steam - Options (link) > Donate

chrome://chrome/extensions/ > Enhanced Steam - Options (link) > Donate

jshackles, don't look at this spoiler—scout's honor
Spoiler

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#11913 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Hi,

1. This is really good.

2. Do you have a Tip Jar somewhere?

3. Might be just me, but a couple of things I've noticed don't seem quite right.

On the main page "NEW RELEASES and TOP SELLERS" listings, the first 10 items highlight if I own/wishlist them, but the subsequent pages/games don't.

The same thing happens on the "Featured partners --> Game Publisher Catalogs --> Game listing pages".

I own Fallout 3, and it never shows up highlighed on any list.

4. This is really good. Thanks for creating it.

1. Thanks!

2. There is a "Donate" tab in the extension options. :)

3. Anything that Steam loads via script (usually done with their "in place scrolling") doesn't kick off the extension. I've been looking into it but so far haven't come up with a solid way of detecting / fixing it yet. Working on it though! Also with Fallout 3, do you own the GOTY edition? There are two Steam entries for Fallout 3

http://store.steampo....com/app/22300/

and

http://store.steampo....com/app/22370/

It's possible, neigh likely, that you own one and not the other. Whichever one you own should highlight correctly as owned. For whatever reason, the people on Steam who own the GoTY edition don't automatically own the regular edition or it's DLC. This isn't really something my extension can fix.

4. Thanks and you're welcome! :)

#11914 bill22

bill22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

1. Thanks!

2. There is a "Donate" tab in the extension options. :)

3. Anything that Steam loads via script (usually done with their "in place scrolling") doesn't kick off the extension. I've been looking into it but so far haven't come up with a solid way of detecting / fixing it yet. Working on it though! Also with Fallout 3, do you own the GOTY edition? There are two Steam entries for Fallout 3

http://store.steampo....com/app/22300/

and

http://store.steampo....com/app/22370/

It's possible, neigh likely, that you own one and not the other. Whichever one you own should highlight correctly as owned. For whatever reason, the people on Steam who own the GoTY edition don't automatically own the regular edition or it's DLC. This isn't really something my extension can fix.

4. Thanks and you're welcome! :)

Now everyone knows I'm not much of a Chrome guy!

Mysteries solved.

I just emailed you a Amazon steam code for The Walking Dead. Let me know if it arrives ok. It's a great game. I hope you enjoy it.

#11915 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Borderlands 2 Golden Key Code (5 keys):
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#11916 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

Mysteries solved.

I just emailed you a Amazon steam code for The Walking Dead. Let me know if it arrives ok. It's a great game. I hope you enjoy it.

He doesn't have time to play games. He has to code!

#11917 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Deal question!

I watched the trailer for The Cave and I've talked myself into wanting it.

I see that it's £7.99 at GMG if I use the 20% off coupon, but buying through Steam gives three - THREE - "exclusive" TF2 items. This sorta swings it for me.

So here's the question: if I buy at GMG will I or won't I get the items? (If you are really asking whether or not I'm willing to pay the price of a pint to get three pieces of digital clothing then the item is YES)

#11918 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Deal question!

I watched the trailer for The Cave and I've talked myself into wanting it.

I see that it's £7.99 at GMG if I use the 20% off coupon, but buying through Steam gives three - THREE - "exclusive" TF2 items. This sorta swings it for me.

So here's the question: if I buy at GMG will I or won't I get the items? (If you are really asking whether or not I'm willing to pay the price of a pint to get three pieces of digital clothing then the item is YES)

If it's not listed on GMG then most of the time not. There's been an exception once or twice I think, but a lot of cases where you simply didn't get it. Basically the only thing you're guaranteed to get, are the bonuses listed on the GMG page.

#11919 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

If it's not listed on GMG then most of the time not. There's been an exception once or twice I think, but a lot of cases where you simply didn't get it. Basically the only thing you're guaranteed to get, are the bonuses listed on the GMG page.

Thanks for the reply :) I'm still pretty new to GMG and pre-orders in general but The Cave has really caught my eye.

Will sleep on it.

#11920 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

On TWD

Im hating the limited camera angle, clunky movement and loss of control. But I guess thats what it is. Story is getting better. I'd never choose it as GOTY though

True. The story is top notch but the controls and limited camera angles can get tiresome. I especially hated the part
Spoiler

But I like it a lot. Especially since I can just play it inbetween study hours for a bit as a "reward" :P it saves quite regularly so I'm not worried I have to redo a huge chunk if I decide to quit.

#11921 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the reply :) I'm still pretty new to GMG and pre-orders in general but The Cave has really caught my eye.

Will sleep on it.

Be aware that GMG don't do pre-orders - they do pre-purchases. Slightly different. ;)

#11922 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Be aware that GMG don't do pre-orders - they do pre-purchases. Slightly different. ;)

Aha! 10 points to PenguinJim. :D

Please feel free to remind me of this conversation when I ask the same question about Monaco (due for release in March) in a month a time.

#11923 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

My GotY for 2012 is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. Now if only they'd bundle the DLC...

Other than Virtue's Last Reward, Theatrhythm was both my biggest surprise and favorite game to play on the go (well, not sure if you count Ghost Trick on iOS). I think I sank over 40 hours into it as well, unlocking all the characters and leveling them up in such a way that I could kill bosses 4-5 times in one song in the early-mid levels of Chaos Shrine :)

I just wish that the Chaos Shrine could play ALL songs instead of just the same 12 or so that they recycle. That doesn't make ANY sense to me! Even when I purchased DLC, I'd have to just go to the boring single song modes to play them :( What's the point of the RPG aspect if you can only really utilize it for a small fraction of your total songs?

Overall though, great game and great surprise.
Posted Image

#11924 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

As a general rule, TF2 items are exclusive to Steam pre-orders. It's their incentive to order off their site.

GMG saves you money; Steam gives you hats.

#11925 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

I just realised something. On steamgifts.com I am able to enter gifts that are already in my list of games. But only the ones that I have been activated by keys or bundles, not the ones that I bought directly through the steam store.

Did anyone know that already? Or am I now unraveling something completely obvious? If so, why is this?

I've always found it kind of a bummer that you can't enter on games you already have. Although I can understand the reasons why, sometimes there are games I'd like to win to give to a friend because I know he/she would want it.

#11926 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

As a general rule, TF2 items are exclusive to Steam pre-orders. It's their incentive to order off their site.

GMG saves you money; Steam gives you hats.

Well clearly hats are more important than saving money, DUH! :lol:

Spoiler

Spoiler

steam_sig.png

#11927 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

you'd probably have to sit on it for a while.[/spoiler]

Well, as long as you don''t have to eat it. . . .

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#11928 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Mysteries solved.

You are the man! Thanks so much!

He doesn't have time to play games. He has to code!

There's always time for both. It's like their's always room for Jell-o.

#11929 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

There's always time for both. It's like their's always room for Jell-o.

So if I understand your analogy correctly, gaming is the sugar water and gelatin of your life. Interesting.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#11930 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Well clearly hats are more important than saving money, DUH! :lol:

Spoiler

Spoiler

The difference, as I see it, is £2. The game is worth £7.99 so I'm basically paying two quid for a hat premium.

To buy that premium direct from the Hat Store would probably cost me in the region of £6-7. So by buying at full price, from Steam, I'm actually saving money. It's a 50% profit based on Net Asset Value. Bargain!

And you wonder how bankers shafted the economy. :lol:

#11931 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I just realised something. On steamgifts.com I am able to enter gifts that are already in my list of games. But only the ones that I have been activated by keys or bundles, not the ones that I bought directly through the steam store.

Did anyone know that already? Or am I now unraveling something completely obvious? If so, why is this?

Steamgifts syncs your account once a week manually, or you can sync it manually. Any games added since your last sync aren't noticed as being on your account.

I've always found it kind of a bummer that you can't enter on games you already have. Although I can understand the reasons why, sometimes there are games I'd like to win to give to a friend because I know he/she would want it.

Have your friend join? The requirements are still extremely low.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#11932 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Steamgifts syncs your account once a week manually, or you can sync it manually. Any games added since your last sync aren't noticed as being on your account.

Have your friend join? The requirements are still extremely low.

Thanks for clarifying! Yeah of course my friends could join themselves :P but that's kinda beside my point :D there's alot out there I don't want/need myself but someone else might like. But meh, it would severely limit everyone's chances anyways since every game will have yet even more entries.

#11933 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

The difference, as I see it, is £2. The game is worth £7.99 so I'm basically paying two quid for a hat premium.

To buy that premium direct from the Hat Store would probably cost me in the region of £6-7. So by buying at full price, from Steam, I'm actually saving money. It's a 50% profit based on Net Asset Value. Bargain!

And you wonder how bankers shafted the economy. :lol:

Just get prepared for a bunch of random Russians to IM you bugging you to trade your hat. I'm serious.

When I had the Tropico 4 pre-order hat I used to always get Russians out of the blue asking to trade for it until one day I caved and traded it for From Dust.

Now they leave me alone, but if I get another in demand hat again? Russians.

steam_sig.png

#11934 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Now they leave me alone, but if I get another in demand hat again? Russians.

Private inventory. ;)

#11935 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Private inventory. ;)

True, but you need a public profile for signatures and Steamgifts to sync and what not.

But if I get another hot hat again I'll probably go private.

steam_sig.png

#11936 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Man, I never get Russians wanting to give me games for hats.

The one little minx who used to hit me up for Trine 2 will have to live with disappointment since I traded it to a friend for Unstoppable Gorg. He got the better end of that trade by any measure but, after Trine 2 sat for a year in my inventory, I figured I'd do him the Yuletide solid.

#11937 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for clarifying! Yeah of course my friends could join themselves :P but that's kinda beside my point :D there's alot out there I don't want/need myself but someone else might like. But meh, it would severely limit everyone's chances anyways since every game will have yet even more entries.

Steamgifts requires you to activate it yourself. Giving away keys would be a good way to get yourself banned.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#11938 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Sorry for being a SteamGifts noob but does a gift have to be an item in your inventory?

I've got a giveaway ending tonight, thankfully it's for a private CAG group, but it's for a game that I got from GamersGate during the Xmas sale so I only have the key.

Are keys non-allowable for giveaway purposes? :shock:

#11939 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

True, but you need a public profile for signatures and Steamgifts to sync and what not.

But if I get another hot hat again I'll probably go private.

The inventory has separate privacy settings.

Sorry for being a SteamGifts noob but does a gift have to be an item in your inventory?

I've got a giveaway ending tonight, thankfully it's for a private CAG group, but it's for a game that I got from GamersGate during the Xmas sale so I only have the key.

Keys are fine so long as they redeem on Steam and aren't exploited.

#11940 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

you can give away keys on steamgifts.