Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#11941 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Man, I never get Russians wanting to give me games for hats.

The one little minx who used to hit me up for Trine 2 will have to live with disappointment since I traded it to a friend for Unstoppable Gorg. He got the better end of that trade by any measure but, after Trine 2 sat for a year in my inventory, I figured I'd do him the Yuletide solid.

I had a Croatian who wanted to trade a pair of socks for Magicka once. Or maybe that was just a weird dream I had.
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#11942 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

The inventory has separate privacy settings.

Keys are fine so long as they redeem on Steam and aren't exploited.

Oh duh, how did I not know this?

And yeah, keys should be fine on SG. Just give away what you say you are going to give away in a reasonable time frame and you should be good.

With the inventory thing, I know some people like to look at the inventory of people doing a giveaway (if it's giftable) but that's mainly if there's something like Far Cry 3 and people are suspicious that it's a trick.

I don't think anyone will be running to someone's inventory to make sure they really have Coconut Queen. :-P

steam_sig.png

#11943 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Phew! Panic averted. Thanks chaps.

#11944 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I had a Croatian who wanted to trade a pair of socks for Magicka once.

I would have been all over that deal. Toss in some underwear and I'll provide the DLC.

Re: Steam Gifts, I always lead off with "This gift will be in the form of a Steam key e-mailed to you. Please be sure your e-mail is correct".

That way, it heads off any "Is it in his inventory?" queries right from the start as well as putting the onus of a correct e-mail on them immediately. Don't sweat if you didn't say it, just a tip for next time.

#11945 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Anyone play Solar 2 yet. Looks interesting but with my backlog I should wait. Bundle material?

#11946 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Anyone play Solar 2 yet. Looks interesting but with my backlog I should wait. Bundle material?

My first thought when I saw it

Pretty happy that the Indie Gala has Deponia in it

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#11947 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Wow, it's on GamersGate right now! Hurry up everybody!

nice ;)

Bioshock Infinite X 34
$6.66

so glad my pm box wasn't blown up

where is that? It shows 59.95$ for me.

you have to log in via russian proxy
Spoiler

It's not on sale. Sorry, we're just horrible people. :lol:

yep, i'm an asshole :D

My first thought when I saw it

Pretty happy that the Indie Gala has Deponia in it

Solar 2 is a fun mindless game where you get to be a black hole. I loved it.
Also played Stacking finally. Wow, you get to fart on people, vomit on people, belch on people what more can you want. lol
just as fucked up as Psychonauts was. I loved both of these.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#11948 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

One weekend deal is FTL for $4.99 - boo

http://store.steampo...com/app/212680/

Daily is Retro City Rampage for $7.49 - double boo

http://store.steampo...com/app/204630/

OMG TRIPLE BOO THREE PEAT:

Ravaged - Free Weekend and 66% off if you buy it.

#11949 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

The other weekend deal is Ravaged for $3.39. Triple boo.
http://store.steampo....com/app/96300/

#11950 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I wish FTL, instead of Ravaged, was 66% off.

76561197971332172.png

#11951 xicofcp

xicofcp

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I wish FTL, instead of Ravaged, was 66% off.

Agree

#11952 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Let's see, two Indie games at 50% off 'deals' today and one of them (River Retro City Rampage) is even $15 retail.

Right.

steam_sig.png

#11953 derkduck

derkduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

How often does street fighter AE go on sale? I missed the Christmas sale for it and really want to get it soon.

#11954 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

It's kinda like Osmos meets Universe Sandbox. Ive already sank about four hours into it. The demo is only about 45mb. You should check it out.

How often does street fighter AE go on sale? I missed the Christmas sale for it and really want to get it soon.

It was also on sale during the Autumn Sale.

Edited by fignutz32, 10 January 2013 - 06:20 PM.
MQ

#11955 SuiCide_KiNg_213

SuiCide_KiNg_213

DeAL ThIEF!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Let's see, two Indie games at 50% off 'deals' today and one of them (River Retro City Rampage) is even $15 retail.

Right.

I see what you did there... :-k. But its (River City Ransom)! :D.

#11956 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

One weekend deal is FTL for $4.99 - boo

http://store.steampo...com/app/212680/

Third time in a row the same indie game is only 50% off. That's disgusting.

#11957 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Disgusting? Jesus some of you people are fucking whiny. It's the weekend after an event sale. When have these ever been any good? Only time there's been a notable deal after one was Jade Empire in the summer which, predictably, was also majorly whined about.

#11958 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Disgusting? Jesus some of you people are fucking whiny. It's the weekend after an event sale. When have these ever been any good? Only time there's been a notable deal after one was Jade Empire in the summer which, predictably, was also majorly whined about.

Yeah whining on the internet. Who knew?

I know! I'll whine about the whining! Oh wait, you already did that.

steam_sig.png

#11959 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well clearly hats are more important than saving money, DUH! :lol:

Spoiler

Spoiler

In my experience if you sit on a hat, its value goes way down (except baseball and floppy hats).

We're in withdrawal. The only way to stop the delirium tremens is a good sale.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#11960 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Third time in a row the same indie game is only 50% off. That's disgusting.

FTL is great and worth every penny. I wouldn't expect it to drop much more than that any time soon either. It was a kick starter and the dev has been very clear he doesn't want to lower prices much lower and risk pissing off his fan base. I'm looking at you botanicula.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#11961 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

FTL is great and worth every penny. I wouldn't expect it to drop much more than that any time soon either. It was a kick starter and the dev has been very clear he doesn't want to lower prices much lower and risk pissing off his fan base. I'm looking at you botanicula.

What are some older games that are like FTL? Maybe something in a bundle before? I hear so much praise for it, but I look at it and just doesn't look like something I would enjoy so I'd rather give something I already own a spin to see if I would like that style of gameplay.

#11962 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Yeah whining on the internet. Who knew?

I know! I'll whine about the whining! Oh wait, you already did that.

:lol:

But honestly, I know I'm not the only one who needs to work through a backlog that was only made longer in the past month. You can never appreciate a good deal if you never get around to playing the game. ;)

#11963 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

What are some older games that are like FTL? Maybe something in a bundle before? I hear so much praise for it, but I look at it and just doesn't look like something I would enjoy so I'd rather give something I already own a spin to see if I would like that style of gameplay.

It's a roguelikelike space sim, I'm not sure if you CAN find anything to judge it against.

The best port of call is YouTube to look at some "Let's Play" videos as they'll give a good idea of what FTL is about.

For me? Highly recommended. Some will hate it though.

#11964 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

But honestly, I know I'm not the only one who needs to work through a backlog that was only made longer in the past month. You can never appreciate a good deal if you never get around to playing the game. ;)

I've actually been doing this. Sadly classes just started again for me this week and it's making it more difficult.

#11965 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

I'm still hoping for the demo of FTL to come out. Tempted at $5 again though. Also it's $5 at the dev's site, which gives steam+drm free. http://www.ftlgame.com/

From the FTL site.

Is there a demo to test it?

We hope to release a demo shortly after release, but currently there is not one.

#11966 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'm at the point where my mind becomes fragmented when I try to decide on what to play. I'm thinking I might try to play I Am Alive, but then there's Dead Rising 2: OTR that I've already sunk four hours into. That's not to mention the hulking beast that has become Civ 5. I still haven't won a match, and I shaq-fu-like-you-wouldn't-believe hate not winning.

My backlog is just so big, I don't know where to start.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#11967 nny

nny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

This is the game I've played most similar to FTL: http://www.desura.co...-infinite-space

It was in an Indie Royale.

#11968 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

You can never appreciate a good deal if you never get around to playing the game. ;)

Are you suggesting that we're doing wrong? The winter sales reinforced the fact that if you're busy playing your games you might miss out on a great price cut.

Spoiler
My backlog is just so big, I don't know where to start.

They are games; play whatever you enjoy most at the moment.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#11969 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'd watch some YouTube videos on it. It is the type of game that absorbs your life in a one more turn type of way. Graphics are simple but gameplay is great. It's on many game of the year lists.

I will try and describe it but it's hard to do it justice. Basically it's a space exploration rougelike. You are a good citizen and need to inform the military fleet that you rebels are coming. You hop planet system to planet system trying to evade the rebel fleet and other dangers. You will lose the game many times before beating it.

What makes it great is the journey getting there. You will encounter various random events and have to choose how to act. You find a pirate attacking a civilian ship, do you help, leave, offer to split the profits with the pirate, etc. you encounter a colony with a distress signal, they have had a plague do you help or flee. The risk and rewards are great. Helping may net you an extra crew member or a new weapon but it may also give your entire crew the plague and kill them. There are lots of interesting scenarios.

I normally don't like rouge likes because I like a sense of progression and hate starting over. This game feels ok to me because you can unlock new ships and upgrades as you make certain choices in the game that can carry over to the next game.

Also combat is intense, strategic, and fun.

Edited by pROvIs, 10 January 2013 - 07:06 PM.

Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#11970 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

On the backlog topic, I'm trying out playing one game from each letter in order. I wonder how long I'll stick to that though.