Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#91 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Gamersgate has a couple Steamworks deals today that are solid. Rage for 5 bucks and Last Remnant for 3.75.

#92 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Gooooooooood mornin'!

#93 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

I've done that about 10-15 times. It will say adding one or seven or thirteen but my total stays the same. :cry:

Weird. Mine counted down each time. It took a while, but it finally processed them all.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#94 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Yes but that one does not redeem on Steam, only Origin.

The only way to get it on Steam is to buy it on Steam but now it will likely never go on sale again.

Blame Vermont.

I thought Rhode Island and Vermont were different states.

#95 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Since I spent way more time making this because I'm gimp at GIMP, I'll post it again, since the time is right =P

Posted Image

Awesome image!

I thought Rhode Island and Vermont were different states.

No you are just very confused ;)

I'm gone for half a day to find a new steam thread and it is already several pages in. I'm not sure how I feel about this...
Posted Image

#96 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

No you are just very confused ;)

[citation needed]

#97 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

[citation needed]

I really tried to find some crazy site, making up some BS proof that they were the same state but I wasn't even able to do that. Makes me a bit sad, I was hoping the internet had something for me there :cry:
Posted Image

#98 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

5 pages already? How the heck...
I swear the sale hasn't started yet...

#99 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

5 pages already? How the heck...
I swear the sale hasn't started yet...

Everyone just has to get a word in so they can subscribe to it. I know I do.

#100 starscream1101

starscream1101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

I get this error when trying to access SteamScore.net.

Error: Steam is offline or under heavy load, we cannot load your profile now. Please try again in a few minutes.

Edit: and now steam is updating...maybe that is the issue

#101 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yes and no.

Most of the store goes on sale so if you are relatively new to Steam then there are a lot of deals to be had.

However if you are old and crusty and have been around the virtual block hundreds of times and have nearly every game you could possibly want, and a bunch more that you never wanted in the first place, then you just sit around and complain about how terrible the sale is, that there are just no good deals on sale and that it just isn't like the good old days, where old in this case means a year or so ago.

This description is disturbing. In that, this is exactly the way I feel it goes. It's kinda funny. That said, I think there some deals to be had, it's just that the first Steam sale, I mean that first one, you'll see deals you just can't believe are real because you'll have all these games you need to buy.

And once you own the games everyone owns because they always go on sale hard (ie., Bioshock, Half-Life 2, Portal, L4D 1/2, Assassin's Creed), it's just never quite as kid in a candy store as those first couple of sales.

#102 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Re: Steamscore site

Once I got it to go through all my games, I looked through the scores and values for games. I seriously can't understand the formulas behind quite a few of the numbers. Examples: Borderlands 1 is worth roughly 3,500 total for all 80 achievements while Borderlands 2 is worth roughly 28,000; some games (Sleeping Dogs, Walking Dead) have scores go beyond the stated cap; some games are only worth a couple hundred (Secret of Monkey Island 2 versus Sonic CD) when they have the same number of achievements as other games. Why the Fuck can one game be worth around 8 times the score as another game? Steamscore needs some actual consistency and less wonky formula math before it's really worth checking, but it could be entertaining given enough time.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#103 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Gamersgate has a couple Steamworks deals today that are solid. Rage for 5 bucks and Last Remnant for 3.75.

Can't bring myself to justify a purchase on Rage. From people's thoughts when its brought up to looking at the game, just seems completely average.

& thanks for the thoughts on SC: Conviction in the last thread. I still have that silly $5 voucher from Gametap and its $10 there.

Still tryna get BL GOTY, saw that it was in a GetGames Reloaded and I missed that. In two 2K packs on Amazon but everyone already has BioShock 1/2 and Darkness II doesn't have that much interest it seems even for $5. & DN Forever is...what it is. Still wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#104 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

I'll eventually get Rage when I upgrade to a new system. Since the gameplay is pretty mediocre I feel the visuals (even as questionable as they can be at times) are probably half the experience. Wonder if it'll hit $2.50 by then!

#105 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

For those who didn't know, Street Fighter x Mega Man [Free Download]
http://www.capcom-un...ilable-for-free

Also, we were all adding each other in the last thread. Feel free to add me:
http://steamcommunit...m/id/carlmundo/

#106 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

I'll eventually get Rage when I upgrade to a new system. Since the gameplay is pretty mediocre I feel the visuals (even as questionable as they can be at times) are probably half the experience. Wonder if it'll hit $2.50 by then!

Good point lol.

n Sir Fragalot mentioned getting Yakuza Dead Souls in the last thread. I've always wanted to play the original. The ills of never having a Sony system.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#107 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Re: Steamscore site

Once I got it to go through all my games, I looked through the scores and values for games. I seriously can't understand the formulas behind quite a few of the numbers. Examples: Borderlands 1 is worth roughly 3,500 total for all 80 achievements while Borderlands 2 is worth roughly 28,000; some games (Sleeping Dogs, Walking Dead) have scores go beyond the stated cap; some games are only worth a couple hundred (Secret of Monkey Island 2 versus Sonic CD) when they have the same number of achievements as other games. Why the Fuck can one game be worth around 8 times the score as another game? Steamscore needs some actual consistency and less wonky formula math before it's really worth checking, but it could be entertaining given enough time.

If all you care about is raw number of achievements completed, you can simply sort by that and ignore the score. Civ5 has a bunch of achievements, and the total score is like 90k . . . cause games take days to weeks to complete, and something like a quarter of the achievements require a full game to get. You could 100% SonicCD in the time it takes to play 1-2 full Civ5 games. Thus the achievement points rewarded are scaled to the difficulty of getting that achievement.

#108 Point Man

Point Man

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

The wait is killing me. Gabe, why do you do this to me!?

#109 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

The numbers don't make sense. Just looking at The Walking Dead alone is enough to proof that.

Seems like they're assigning point values based on how many achievements a game has and the percentage of those achievements that have been, well, achieved. Fallen Earth has 650 achievements and most of them are sitting at 0%, hence the highest score.

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#110 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

I suggest the new topic keep the Windows logo next to it on the forum index page, makes it easier to find it.

#111 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Getting my wishlist in order!

2ic4l5j.jpg

#112 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

I suggest the new topic keep the Windows logo next to it on the forum index page, makes it easier to find it.

Very well, though really you should just subscribe to the thread and find it in your User CP!

I've been trying to get CAG to add a Steam icon forever since Steam actually supports Mac and Linux too, but my pleas have fallen on deaf ears so far.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#113 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Very well, though really you should just subscribe to the thread and find it in your User CP!

I've been trying to get CAG to add a Steam icon forever since Steam actually supports Mac and Linux too, but my pleas have fallen on deaf ears so far.

I suppose if someone made one and submitted it, it might be more likely.

#114 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Didn't know that was even a possibility, I'll look into that, thanks!

#115 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Civ5 has a bunch of achievements, and the total score is like 90k . . . cause games take days to weeks to complete, and something like a quarter of the achievements require a full game to get. You could 100% SonicCD in the time it takes to play 1-2 full Civ5 games. Thus the achievement points rewarded are scaled to the difficulty of getting that achievement.

No, that can't be completely true because some of the Borderlands 1 achievements have pretty low completion rates (.5% ish) due to time investment/difficulty and would be worth quite a bit more than their current value.

http://steamcommunit...ds/achievements

The numbers don't make sense. Just looking at The Walking Dead alone is enough to proof that.

Seems like they're assigning point values based on how many achievements a game has and the percentage of those achievements that have been, well, achieved. Fallen Earth has 650 achievements and most of them are sitting at 0%, hence the highest score.

Yeah, that seems likely regarding the 0% influencing point values. Also, I don't think they are checking against the global Steam community and instead building their own database as people try to check scores, so the values are going to be quite skewed until the site gets a decently-sized sample population and has fewer 0% achievements.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#116 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Played some demos tonight, Binary Domain and Sleeping Dogs. Binary Domain I had some major issues with disabling the voice commands and being unable to use anything from the Tab menu. I think it's because I have USB mics plugged in and it would be a huge hassle to have to disable them each time I want to play in order to experience the game fully. Can anyone corroborate that having USB mics plugged in and disabling the voice commands in game doesn't let you use whichever hotkeys are assigned or is it a demo quirk that wasn't updated with the patches.

Sleeping Dogs looked and played great but even after setting my mouse sensitivity to max I had to move the mouse all the way across the mousepad just to turn a little bit. Once again, normal for mouse control or a demo quirk?

Reposting as this got lost in the shuffle of the new thread.

#117 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Yay new thread!

#118 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Finally, a new thread!

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#119 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

I think deleting the second post or something broke the thread for me. I can't get it to find my place of last read post or realize that I've already read everything.

Oh, and if people want to add me, feel free to click through on the Steam card in my signature.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#120 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Wow, a new thread pops up just after I go to bed and it's already 6 pages full.

I'm just gonna assume that it's mostly people saying stuff like "new thread smell" and that it's not worthwhile going back to read through.