Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#13201 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

For those allergic to the Amazon thread Tony posted those Microsoft deals from earlier in the month are going to be their deal of the week next week. 10 bucks each for Arcade pack, Fable pack, and AoE3, all of which can have coupons used on them.

Too lazy to search Amazon thread: what Fable pack do you speak of, sir?
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#13202 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

GamersGate also sells it (I bought it from them last year and used their client to download the whole thing).
http://www.gamersgat...ster-collection

It is widely held that games in that pack are the versions that GOG updated versions. (AFAIK GOG holds 6 month exclusivity on their updated versions before they may be sold elsewhere.)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13203 MuzikVillain

MuzikVillain

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

I suspect EA won't get around to "giving away" the Sims 3 until the Sims 4 comes out.

They aren't exactly giving away Sims 2 either. These Sims games last a long long time and as long as expansions come out they keep the prices up.

Yeah that's exactly what I thinking, but just wanted an extra opinion on the matter. I remember just struggling to find a decently priced copy of Sims 2 a few years back after getting hooked playing my cousin's barely playable scratched copy. :-({|=

piques.

Thank you! That was bugging me. Pet peeve.

Sorry about my "peaks" :dunce:

#13204 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

GamersGate also sells it (I bought it from them last year and used their client to download the whole thing).
http://www.gamersgat...ster-collection

As pointed out by others, the Gamersgate versions are the GOG versions as well. The only copies of those games available in a digital manner are GOG versions.

Hint: Look at the screenshots. The Player Character names, in particular.

#13205 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Too lazy to search Amazon thread: what Fable pack do you speak of, sir?

Fable, Fable 3, all DLC for 10 bucks. Steam keys. Coupon nukes it down to 5.

#13206 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Fable, Fable 3, all DLC for 10 bucks. Steam keys. Coupon nukes it down to 5.

If only it also had a Fable 2 PC port...

#13207 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

I have all 3 Fable games on Xbox / 360, yet the only one I've played is Fable 2, so it kind of works out for me. I really need to just sell or trade in every console game that I've rebought on Steam over the last few years. :/

#13208 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Yes this is the kickstarter DLC they wanted to make. The kickstarter was a bit misleading. They called it a DG2 kickstarter but it was really to make this DLC. They were asking for 250k, part 2 would be made if they reached 1 million but they only got to 270k.

They're seeking the rest of the funding for Defense Grid 2 through private sources. Anyone locked into the kickstarter will get that game automatically when it is released.

And just in case anyone hasn't bought Defense Grid... do it!

76561197971332172.png

#13209 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Yeah that's exactly what I thinking, but just wanted an extra opinion on the matter. I remember just struggling to find a decently priced copy of Sims 2 a few years back after getting hooked playing my cousin's barely playable scratched copy. :-({|=

Contact Origin support. They should be able to give you an Origin copy of the Sims 2 (and expansions) if you have the retail copies.

If your retail copy save data is connected to the Sims 2 Store Edition (which came with most new expansions), you're not going to be able to transfer your sims over to the Origin install... Not without extremely difficult work.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13210 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

That Fable Pack sounds really good to me. I don't have any of those EC coupons though. Such a shame. I would gladly buy it for $5 but I'd be stuck buying it for $10. If anyone still has a bunch of those EC coupons then I would gladly send them $5 Amazon credit in exchange for the pack. Send me a PM if you are willing to help out when the deal goes live ;) You can't buy Amazon gift cards using credit/send credit. WTF Amazon?

If not I can gladly live without it. Played through and own all 3 on Xbox 360. Sucks that there was never a Fable 2 PC port :(

Edited by Captain Urahara, 25 January 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#13211 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

That Fable Pack sounds really good to me. I don't have any of those EC coupons though. Such a shame. I would gladly buy it for $5 but I'd be stuck buying it for $10. If anyone still has a bunch of those EC coupons then I would gladly send them $5 Amazon credit in exchange for the pack. Send me a PM if you are willing to help out when the deal goes live ;)

If not I can gladly live without it. Played through and own all 3 on Xbox 360. Sucks that there was never a Fable 2 PC port :(

I'm in the same boat. I used my only coupon on Spec Ops. If anyone has an extra and would help out a new CAG, feel free to PM me! :D

#13212 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

I'm in the same boat. I used my only coupon on Spec Ops. If anyone has an extra and would help out a new CAG, feel free to PM me! :D

Me three! I've been waiting forever for a decent price on Fable III and I used my only EC coupon to buy a copy of Hotline Miami for a CAG I was going to trade it to for a key that didn't actually work. :roll:
698770.png

#13213 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

Well, I'm gonna use this begging-post-streak to ask kindly, that If one of your coupons is going to be wasted, you can gift it to me, just 1 for the MFST bundle, anyway, It's ok if nobody's got any, I'll ´probably buy it at 10 bucks because I know the deal IS good, but... as this community has teached me, there's always a better deal :)
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#13214 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=279563

How about everyone who wants a coupon takes it to a more relevant thread?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#13215 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Sims 3 for $7.50 peaks my interest, but I've seen it for $10 previously like in May, should I just get it or wait until the basically start giving it away (< $5)?

My train of thought as well, I can wait 'til it hits $5 honestly. Just sorta looks like a fun thing to dabble in.

Gonna bite on that Amazon Fable pack, got a ton a EC credit leftover.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#13216 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

My train of thought as well, I can wait 'til it hits $5 honestly. Just sorta looks like a fun thing to dabble in.

Exactly my reasoning behind it. $7.50 is a nice price for The Sims 3, but I'm more than happy to wait for an even nicer price (i.e. $5 or less)

#13217 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Exactly my reasoning behind it. $7.50 is a nice price for The Sims 3, but I'm more than happy to wait for an even nicer price (i.e. $5 or less)

I'm doing that thing where I watch reviews, making it more tempting lol. I know I can wait but I want to be Martial Artist. sticking with a major in college is so one-dimensional...

I actually have a retail copy but I bought it for my sis, if only I could use it on more than 1 PC.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#13218 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Gonna bite on that Amazon Fable pack, got a ton a EC credit leftover.

I'm not even sure Sims 2 has hit $5. >_>

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13219 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Looks like the latest beta client added the ability to see unread chat messages. Not a full PM system; half-arsed measure. Still, somewhat useful.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#13220 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Sorry if I noticed someone pointing this out but... The Darkness II is back at 7.49 on the EC list, so 2.49 with coupon.

Spec Ops: The Line is also this same price now.
Posted Image

#13221 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Xcom appears to be back to $25 too on EC list too.

Guardian_owl.png

#13222 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

New deals have flipped at GreenManGaming. Space Siege, Condemned, Hell Yeah, and Viking are all $3 after voucher (GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK ), which I believe is the best price any of them have been.

Anyone have an opinion on Space Siege?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#13223 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

New deals have flipped at GreenManGaming. Space Siege, Condemned, Hell Yeah, and Viking are all $3 after voucher (GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK ), which I believe is the best price any of them have been.

Anyone have an opinion on Space Siege?

I was wondering about Space Siege as well, maybe someone can champion it like MysterD did for Silverfall.

#13224 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Viking was ~$2.2 on GamersGate (glitch, was up for 6 hours or so), and I think that GMG had Hell Yeah for -75% at the same time as one of the 30% vouchers.

Selling Steam keys: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.75 & Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack (Cards) $1.24 (Or both for $1.75.)

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#13225 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I was wondering about Space Siege as well, maybe someone can champion it like MysterD did for Silverfall.

I watched this gameplay video, and it looks almost exactly like Alien Swarm, which is free. Which means it's also like Alien Breed 1/2/3.

Space Siege

Alien Swarm

#13226 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I watched this gameplay video, and it looks almost exactly like Alien Swarm, which is free. Which means it's also like Alien Breed 1/2/3.

Space Siege

Alien Swarm

Well, it may look similar but by all accounts it's a mediocre space ARPG (something you can play by yourself); Alien Swarm is an L4D-clone (of sorts) in space and it really sucks as a single-player game.
698770.png

#13227 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Space Siege was short, pretty damned boring and one dimensional with little to no customization. I can't recommend it to anybody.

#13228 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

So Magicka weekend, Portal 2 Monday, Terraria Tuesday, and yet I'm having trouble figuring exactly what excitement Wednesday the weekend will bring.

50% off
Spoiler

76561197971332172.png

#13229 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Chivalry free weekend is the only real new deal here since it was 50% off before (and cheaper on gamersgate)

Ace of Spades is 50% off as the daily as well.

I already have both so they don't peak my interest at all. I hope this isn't a sneak pique of how their deals will be until the summer sail.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#13230 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Chivalry free weekend is the only real new deal here since it was 50% off before (and cheaper on gamersgate)

Ace of Spades is 50% off as the daily as well.

I already have both so they don't peak my interest at all. I hope this isn't a sneak pique of how their deals will be until the summer sail.

Ohh YOU!:no: